[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /vp/. So I'm in the market for a new Pokémon. Had to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Sup /vp/. So I'm in the market for a new Pokémon. Had to take a gaming break a few years ago when my daughter was born. Finally got a 3DS and just finished the main story for ORAS. Looking to get as complete as possible dex before SM releases so I'm looking to get another game. Last Pokémon game I played heavily was Black. Currently at 250 in my dex through WT and GTS. What game should I get to help me accomplish this and set me up for SM? Was leaning towards BW2 but have also been considering HGSS and XY? Suggestions?
>>
>>27036261
How much do you care about postgame!
>>
XY is good if you're only looking to fill up your dex. BW2, however, is a better game in almost every way.
>>
>>27036261
You can obtain everything from the GTS.
Anyway XY is better for Pokedex completion if you already have ORAS
>>
>>27036272
A decent bit. Can only get one more game before SM release so between what I've done in ORAS(just started delta) and whatever game I get, I'd like as much playability as possible
>>27036287
Completing the dex is a priority but also want a satisfying game that feels complete. I have XY as a backup option to HGSS or BW2 right now. I started playing Pokémon when RB was released (I was in middle school) and played every game through gen V religiously. I honestly think BW was the best and most complete feeling Pokémon title.

Are HGSS and BW2 pokebank compatible?
>>
>>27036360
Gen 4 games aren't, you have to transfer to Gen 5 with two systems. Gen 5 is transferable to Bank using an app called Pokétransporter IIRC.
>>
>>27036360
You'll need a gen 5 game (BW or BW2) in order to use Pokebank with HGSS. BW2 is compatible.
>>
>>27036360
B2w2 can upload to the bank using the transfer app
hgss are not bank compatible but you can move guys from hgss to bw/2 through a really shitty minigame

Honestly between xy and oras you're covered, but i used hgss to satisfy my balltism with the special balls in that game
>>
>>27036420
>>27036431
>>27036450
My bro has XY and I can probably get him to let me borrow it if Im able to talk him down from his inevitable autism sperg-out for suggesting he let me borrow a game.
Sounds like I should stick with my gut and get BW2. I assume there are tutorials for transferring Pokémon from that game to ORAS or that it isn't to difficult. I don't know if my bro would lend me his 3ds for that though.
Thanks for the help guise
>>
>>27036542
You just need Pokemon Bank and Poketransporter on one 3DS. Put BW2 in the game card slot and go to Poketransporter. You can transfer one box of Pokemon to bank.

Then, exit out of the app and put ORAS in the game card slot, unless it's a digital copy, in which case you just need to go to Bank. Go to Bank and find the transporter box - it's between box 100 and box 1. Move the Pokemon from that box into another box.

Repeat as necessary until you've transferred everything.
>>
>>27036600
Oh cool. Helpful.

Can anyone explain why used copies of BW2 and HGSS are so expensive at Gamestop? They cost the same as new 3DS games :/
>>
>>27036261
ORAS + XY = full dex
>>
>>27036643
they're good
>>
>>27036643
They're the best games in the series
>>
>>27036261
bump
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.