[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, theoretically speaking, what are some pokemon that could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 12

So, theoretically speaking, what are some pokemon that could shrug off bullets? Heavy artillery? Missiles?
>>
>bullets
Nearly all with enough training

>Heavy artillery
Ghost Pokemon, anything with >80 Def BST or Harden/Reflect

>Missiles
Steel Pokemon, anything >100 Def BST or Harden/Reflect

Pokemon that don't breathe can tank anything, including nuclear arsenal if they have Protect
>>
>>27034957
I would imagine a decent amount of them could take a bullet pretty well. They are super powerful creatures that can take strikes from themselves pretty damn well.
Some pokemon are more like really powerful animals, but others fire laser beams and shit. The Pokedex is hard to trust with accuracy, but things like Blastoise being able to puncture Steel, yet Pokemon can take those pretty reliably.
>>
File: unaware.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
unaware.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>27034957
>pokemon with unaware gets hit by a grenade
>flies 30ft away
>continues walking like nothing happened
>>
File: scawy.png (194KB, 500x403px) Image search: [Google]
scawy.png
194KB, 500x403px
>>27035001
Following that logic, this tiny goblin could survive a missile strike. could magic bounce reflect it?
>>
>>27035024
even ledian?
>>
>>27035050
Ledian wouldn't die from it at least.
>>
>>27035044
Probably doesn't need to, I imagine Recover like in that one Deoxys movie, it can probably have it's limbs and half of its body blown away but still regenerate.

Also, translating Magic Bounce to real life would be hard if impossible, because we don't know how it works. Why can it reflect a ball of ghostly fire (Will O Wisp) or a paralyzing electric shock (Thunder Wave) but not Ember or Thunder Shock?
>>
canonically
get it?
>>
File: Lancer_gae_bolg.jpg (65KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lancer_gae_bolg.jpg
65KB, 640x480px
Which mons could survive Gae Bolg?
>>
>>27035050
>35 base attack

A light breeze.

But really, yeah, I'm sure even Ledian would kick the shit out of any real world animal.

The way they portray even a Pidgey as usually pretty strong. I mean, they can create dust devils, and in the first episode even threw Ash several feet with it. Thats a lot of god damn power, it's easy to forget considering that the higher end of Pokemon they can make hurricanes and shit, but imagine a real world animal of that size doing that. It's kind of nus.

Also something worth mentioning, is that real world bears can actually take bullets kind of decently.
>>
File: army_shuckle_by_racieb-d588bhb.png (243KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
army_shuckle_by_racieb-d588bhb.png
243KB, 500x500px
>Sir, we saw no other alternative, we've bombed the 20 Km diameter zone around the target for good measure
>And?!
>...it took a nap and is perfectly fine now
>>
>>27035024
>Some pokemon are more like really powerful animals

None of them are like that. Lets look at >>27035050 Ledian and its movepool.

So what can the little bugger do? Create force fields (Light Screen, Reflect, Protect), coat his fists in pure electricity or ice (Thunder/Ice Punch), fire a missile of mental fighting power (Focus Blast), control psychic powers (Psybeam) and much, much more.

Even the weakest Pokemon could probably take any real world animal.
>>
>>27035129
I guess thats true, yeah. I was considering only really weak, early shitmon's like Metapod and shit, but even something like Rattata can learn like Ice Beam and shit.
>>
>>27035101
>Lancer
>ever winning
>>
File: 250px-089Muk.png (36KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-089Muk.png
36KB, 250x250px
>>
File: ランサー04a(近).png (313KB, 478x600px) Image search: [Google]
ランサー04a(近).png
313KB, 478x600px
>>27035211
Pokemon don't inherently have a LCK stat. Ransah actually has a chance against them.
>>
It should be based on the pokemon's HP and Def, not just the later. You can't expect a shuckle to survive a missle blast, but something like aggron and tyranitar could. Also the constitution and form of the pokemon come into play. Many fighting types could take bullets even with little defensive power, like lucario. Most rock and steel pokemon could withstand heavy artilery, maybe some ice types like avalugg. Ghosts are a little more complicated, since they're supposed to be immune to physical hits. Maybe artilery wouldn't affect them, but blast waves and shockwaves would.
>>
>>27035226
>Ghosts are a little more complicated, since they're supposed to be immune to physical hits

That one is kind of tough. Theyre immune to both Normal and Fighting moves, but that doesnt necessarily equate to physical force.. remember, types are Elementals, even ones like Bug and Dragon, so a Fighting type attack isn't purely because its a fighting move, but largely influenced by it's Fighting elemental or "energy". So Ghost types are immune to those elementals.

However, some Ghost pokemon have forms that they can reconstitute at will. Something like Gengar could likely phase into a shadow or something and avoid the blast, where as a Sableye or Drifloon would have to physically endure the attack and rely on their defense and HP.
>>
>>27035226
>you can't expect a shuckle to survive a missle blast

Sure you can. Shuckle tanks hits just as well as Tyranitar, solely because his Def is so high. A Pokemon with 20 HP and 100 Def takes the same damage from an attack as one with 40 HP and 50 Def.
>>
>>27035269
If we go into forms themselves, we must also analyze key features. Mega sableye has a great defense and pittyful speed, but its pretty much because of the gem. Shuckle is in a shell, so hitting it through the holes could be an insta-kill given his awfull HP.
>>
>>27035352
Yeah, that makes sense. The games dont go into a huge deal of depth with situational moves for the sake of simplicity, so I'm sure that while Shuckle could protect against something more conventional like a bite or a punch, attacks that cover a lot of area would damage it directly.
>>
I'd imagine a good deal should easily survive most of those assuming they were trained. In the games, Pokemon like Tyranitar and Gyarados can easily raze towns and mountains, and that's just the average for their species. Other Pokemon would have to be able to take that kind of damage themselves to battle them. Manga and anime universes also have similar situations.
>>
Wobbuffet could probably tank anything.
>>
>>27035101
Gengar or other mons like it that probably don't have a physical heart to pierce.
>>
File: 202.jpg (93KB, 540x430px) Image search: [Google]
202.jpg
93KB, 540x430px
>>27035573

>Fuckers try to riddle Wobbuffet with bullets.
>Seconds later all the bullets bounce right back and take all of them out.
>>
File: Tyranitar_Pokédex_entry_(1).png (6KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Tyranitar_Pokédex_entry_(1).png
6KB, 240x160px
>>
File: Chesnaught_Pokédex_entry_(1).jpg (194KB, 532x319px) Image search: [Google]
Chesnaught_Pokédex_entry_(1).jpg
194KB, 532x319px
>>27035098
>>
File: Still liking it.png (1011KB, 1068x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Still liking it.png
1011KB, 1068x1076px
>>27034957
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.