[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't believe how many people I see shitting on smogon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (37KB, 212x238px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 212x238px
I can't believe how many people I see shitting on smogon on this board. Smogon is the more popular way to play competitive, VGC is dumb with jank doubles but the level 50 thing is alright
, Smogon is the Melee and VGC is the Smash 4 of the competitive Pokemon world, I can't believe how many of you faggots think Smogon is bad when they get rid of stupid shit like Protean Greninja, Megamom, aegis lash etc
>>
Is this b8?

It seems like b8
>>
Go fuck yourself sub 1200 shitter.
Smogon puts order into pokemon which nintendo doesn't give a shit about.

Their simulator is also free unlike playing on a 3ds.
Literally KYS.
>>
>>27024341
It's shit, but it's the best piece of shit we got
>>
Talonflame needs to move to Ubers and something needs to be done about that fat blob in UU, but other than that I appreciate Smogon's existence. Allows many of my favourites to be useful in this environment.
>>
>Smogon is the more popular way to play competitive
When you throw Japan into the equation, no it's not. Smogon's irrelevant in the real world

But you compared it to Melee, so I'm thinking this is bait
>>
>>27024428

Why does T-Flame need to be Uber? Please explain.
>>
>>27024341
>playing competitive at all
>>
>>27024491
I think it's genuinely good there, I use it myself all the time and it manages to still be useful, it's not the strongest thing around but priority is fucking something. This is also taking in all of the concerns people have about it in OU, where it basically fucks anything weak to Brave Bird sideways.
But I don't know, I also think Blaziken is too weak for Ubers, so I'm probably in the minority with this.
It seems priority is getting nerfed soon anyway, so that'll probably help balance it a bit.
>>
>>27024569
If talonflame moves up to ubers then ho oh would drop to ou.

itd be a nice change since ho oh is pretty shit with primal kyogre being so good
>>
File: NiceBait.jpg (11KB, 468x102px) Image search: [Google]
NiceBait.jpg
11KB, 468x102px
>>27024341
>>
>>27024569
Meh, it has a few really good counters and a lot of checks in OU, so it isn't that overpowered and not nearly as centralizing as it was in late X&Y.

Just because it's useful in Ubers doesn't mean it should be there, because then Klefki should be there as well lol. I actually also think Blaziken deserves a suspect test of whether it should drop back down to OU, but I've also thought that since they implemented the baton pass ruling.
>>
The game has literally always been played as parties of 3 selected from your 6

Since Pokemon stadium. The first Pokemon game designed to be competitive
>>
>>27024616
Ho-Oh wouldn't drop lol, its bulk alone will keep it in Ubers. It can also handle Xerneas extremely better that T-Flame would be able to.
>>
>>27024341
>>>/b/log
>>
>>27024341
Smogon should really consider a blanket ban on Legendaries for OU.

>b-but my Articuno
So what? Look at the tier list:
A+
Diancie, Heatran, Keldeo, Landorus, Latios, Tornadus

A
Manaphy, Thundurus, Volcanion

A-
Jirachi, Latias, Terrakion

OU is defined by legendaries at this point.
>It's not broken because Heatran walls it!
>It's not broken because Lando-T checks it!
>It's not broken because Manaphy can set up on it!

OU looks like Uber-lite now.
>>
>>27024420
Shut the fuck up child
>>
>>27024725
You see, the proble with that tho is people will then bitch about the Psuedo's being overused and we'll be exactly where we are now.

Besides, legend ban would remove 17 Mons from OU, and that kinda limits teambuilding to a degree
>>
>>27024725
That's why you play UU, friend.
>>
>>27024800
How is it worse to be Pseudo-defined than Legendary defined? Also, most Pseudos are Dragon-type, so you can't fill your team up with them (outside of Drag / Mag gimmicks).

Plus, it would make a lot of UU Mons viable in OU. Not sure how limiting it would really be.
>>
>>27024842
I'm going off the argument that Psuedo's have a 600 BST, and thats why people make a "ban legendz argument" most of the time.

A lot, if not most UU mons are viable in OU, but just have there jobs done better by something already in Ou, be it legendary or regular.
>>
>>27024725
I want special no legendary meta
>>
>>27024881
The overall balance of OU would shift dramatically. It might be the case that some Pseudos would be broken in a legendaryless OU environment. In which case they would be suspect tested.

And the ""viable"" UU mons aren't actually viable because they are outclassed. You're actively putting yourself at a disadvantage if you use them.
>>
>>27024970
Pseudo's wouldn't be overpowered in the slightest anon, most are walled by Clefable
>>
>>27024970
UU mons are still viable in ou tho anon, its just that some mons already in OU are more viable for the role they need. Yeah you might be putting yourself at a slight disadvantage ny using them over ones that can do the job better, but they still can do there role provided, just not as efficiently.

Do you understand what I'm trying to say? I feel like I'm typing it differently than I'm thinking.
>>
>>27024725
While I do want less Legends involved because they push the BST expectation up, some of them are necessary answers to other broken non-Legendary shit in the meta.

For example, Heatran is what discourages Volcarona and Specs Sylveon as well as dual STAB Roost DD Mega Charizard X.

Jirachi is the only Steel type with reliable recovery that doesn't care about getting trapped by Magnezone and that virtually hardwalls Mega Gardevoir.

Defensive Lando-T is what can almost always come in on things that would otherwise rip your team apart, like Life Orb Excadrill and Mega Heracross.

The genies are some of the only mons that can rip through full standard stall when you build them right, since they each get Knock Off + Superpower to deal with Chansey.
>>
need more complex ban like that >>27011864
>>
>>27025041
I guess, but it would be more interesting
>>
>>27024341
it's a great fan-project. I will concede that, and giving lesser mons a place to shine in other tiers is a good idea, but that's about where my positives end.

as a competitive format, it's a joke to just ban a certain pokemon or ability from play that you just don't want to deal with, that's comfort play, not competitive.

to put it into perspective, imagine Blizzard coming up to the Overwatch community and say "oh yeah you can play McCree, but you're banned from using Flashbang+Fan the Hammer". A competitive format just does not operate like that, and never should.
>>
>>27025159
Thats not why bans happen tho.

They happen because either a Mon or a mon with said ability is either extremely overpowered and broken, or WAYYY to over-centralizing.
>>
UU >>> OU

UU these days is like OU back in gen 4.
>>
>>27025191
Over centralizing only really happened once and it's the worst ban in Smogon history, the aegislash ban. Don't get me wrong I like the place, but the ban shifty as fuck
>>
Smogon rules are garbage. They make stall purposely unbeatable. Which is the most braindead and boring playstyle. Only idiots (children mostly) who don't realize they're at a huge disadvantage playing smogon rules while not using stall, play smogon rules. Nothing against the pokemonshowdown site though because you can play any number of styles on the site, not just their terrible metas.
>>
>>27025210
UU is so diverse and so much fun oml
>>
>>27025049
That reminds me. Greninja isn't overpowered, it's just Protean. Smogon should have banned Protean instead of Greninja.
>>
>>27025217
I personally like the ban system because it's by the community. Thats just me tho.
>>
>>27025024
I know what you mean. They still work all right, but in most cases they underperform the alternative.

>>27025041
They push the BST expectation way up. They also close off niches for many Pokémon because they just can't hang with the big boys.

I do agree that there would be a lot of new balance problems, but relying on Lando-T as glue is already a symptom that something is less than ideal.
>>
>>27025244
The rest are fine, but at the last literal minute 3 people switched their votes to make it 60%+
>>
>>27024829
all smogon tiers are shit, it's the same 6-12 pokemon every time
>>
>>27025241
Protean isn't overpowered on Kecleon though.
>>
>>27025272
You've obviously never played UU, most diverse tier by far.
>>
>>27025285
And who gives a shit about Kecleon? Nobody? I see.

Protean only matters on Greninja, and Protean is overpowered as a result. That means that it's Protean that needs to go, not Greninja.
>>
>>27025269
Thats honestly just shit luck on Aegi's part, would honestly like to see it back in OU as well.
>>
>>27025269
I voted for the aegislash ban, but I agree. The whole thing was shifty.

That said, the thing I have the biggest issue with is that M-Sableye wasn't properly suspect tested
>>
>>27025291
No, not it's not it's just as bad as OU
>>
>>27025311
People who play NU give a shit about Kecleon.
>>
The way I see it is Smogon bans anything that would 'recentralize' the meta.

Stealth rocks is ok though.
>>
>>27025311
Kec can have Power up Punch, Shadow Sneak, Shadow Punch and can run a good AV set. Protean is good on it.
>>
>>27025374
Because stealth rocks doesn't even remotely centralize the meta. I will never, ever get this meme.
>>
The stupidest ban(s) Smogon have done this gen is the BP bullshit. How Smogon drones can defend that i will never understand.
>>
>>27025320
Learn to fucking type faggot.
>>
>>27025430
Oh yeah and Swagger too.
>>
>>27025430
This makes me upset because I really liked using Shell Smash Baton Pass Gorebyss in gen 5.
It wasn't all that, but I liked it.
>>
>>27025392
Well in a sense it technically does, but not to the point to what Anon wasn't referring to. It does centralize to the degree that every successful team SHOULD run a hazard control mon, but not run several to check/counters SR setters.
>>
>>27025441
Do you not see any problem with prankster swagger + twave + sub with lefties?
>>
>>27024725

OU is more defined by Clefable than it is legendaries.
>>
>>27025320
>>27025320

Didn't know I could meet someone who could be this wrong.
>>
>>27025430
I was fine with the BP ban, because BP Geomancy Smeargle was terrible and needed to stop, but I feel a ban on having BP and Geomancy on Smeargle at the same time would have also sufficed.
>>
>>27025430
can you explain the Prankster ban all I know is that you can't pass more than one stat so how does that work if you use a move that raises more than one stat like DD and then pass will it fail or is it an automatic loss
>>
>>27024341
Here is a spoiler Smogon, GameFreak has the capacity to update their games now. Infact, they've done it multiple times.

So, if the system is broken, like Smogon says it is, why hasn't GF done frequently updates to level out the meta?

Here's the Answer: Gen VI is right where Gamefreak wants it, and it's as balanced as it can be without sperglords going "Stop spamming swagger!! >.<!!!!"
>>
>>27025513
Clefable is just one mon. A powerful one, but still just one. The overall influence it has on the tier can't stand up to the combined influence of the top legends.
>>
>>27025548
I meant Baton Pass don't know why prankster came up
>>
>>27025549
Gamefreak/Pokemon Company don't care about singles. And they never will, just like Smogon will never be official.
>>
>>27025549
The answer is GF doesn't care that much about game balance, and especially not for 6v6 singles. They only sort of try to make vgc balanced.
>>
>>27025576
It'll just not let you pass the two stats, no automatic loss.
>>
>>27025549

Gamefreak is also legit retarded and wouldn't know balance if they had the whole measuring kit.

I bet you also think Bethesda also tells the truth.
>>
>>27025583

This
>>
>>27025549
Gf is retarded

Source Fug
>>
>>27025601
so what made BP so broken that that had to limit it to one stat or was it ever broken
>>
M E L E E F A G
>>
>>27025680
The person who made it actually ended up voting for it to be banned

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/glorious-pass-standard-baton-pass-chain.3506272/
>>
>>27025680
Geomancy Smeargle is the main reason.
>>
>>27025689
This, the only other competitive game that has tiers is fucking smash. Just admit it, Nintendo fans have an autistic need to rank everything by tiers.
>>
>>27025862
Wut
>>
>>27025311
Fuck off
>>
>>27024569
>thinking ubers is anything but a ban list
It's not a hard concept.
>b-but ag!
I honestly can't esplain that one. One of the dumber things the smogon community has done.
>>
>>27025895
I understand Ubers is mainly a ban list, but holy shit Fug is broken
>>
>>27025895
>I didn't like fighting this pokemon, so I banned hi- I mean, upped him to Uber tier.
>>
>>27025878
You're the one who needs to fuck off, Chesnaughtfag.
>>
ITT: manchildren trying to be pro at a rng filled children's game
>>
>>27026414
Your freemium mobile grinding game is much better :^)
>>
people that put pokemon into tiers, VGC, Smogon, or otherwise, are the problem, period. "Disadvantage my ass" - even in OU, it's a combination of preparation, spatial thinking, and luck thatre needed to win at pokemon.

dont give me that crap that it makes the game better in any way, first of all having 1/5, hell less even, of 720+ monsters usable is a joke, sure ones like delcatty are just ass, but give it the right abilities and moves and boom it'll at least kill 1 or 2 mons before going down

i just fucking hate elitist pricks, play anything goes you faggots
>>
>>27026513
...you know you can use Delcatty in OU, right? In fact you can use nearly 720 pokemon, since there aren't that many ubers.
>>
>>27026763
no i mean, i'm actually having an argument in a youtube comment section with a guy about that right now, and even delcatty with normalize has its use

smogonfags are just elitists, the kind of people who act like theyre cool and want to help or something on some shit like classic WoW but then once they start ganking you they put on their "epic troll" face and laugh - in other words theyre faggots
>>
>>27026841
Any Pokemon is usable in OU, you can use it all you want anon
>>
>>27026841
Smogon is full of literal children who grow up into pedophiles who prey on those same children.

What'd you expect?
>>
>>27026892
I just want to play fucking competively
>>
>>27026892
so its like /vp/ but with less pedophiles
>>
>>27026841
It's good for normalize trap if you're playing doubles and want to commit fully, but we're talking smogon here. My point was that there's nothing stopping you from using Delcatty or Ledian or Luvdisc in OU, the reason people don't is that those pokemon are genuinely worse and simply not worth the team slot. Tiering pokemon just reflects the imbalance of power that exists because the developers don't design with competitive in mind.

Idk what to even say about your second paragraph, it's just nonsensical.
>>
>>27026880
>>27026892
my niggas

the people who make threads about this or derail threads vehemently defending VGC-tier shit are the same people who spam the chat in showdown when they lose, or hell, even when their pokemon die

whenever I get a D/C on battlespot I laugh heartily - when a game's userbase gets to the point where taking the loss after a game is the more rare outcome, some kind of problem is present
>>
>>27026965
ooooooh no see you're part of the problem, I don't disagree that luvdisc and delcatty are pretty bad, but i use a delcatty on one of my teams and it frequently kills shit like salamence, or aegislash or idk whatever. i'll give you that the designers seem to focus on online play 50% of the time and the other half slack off but you're just part of the problem

and my second paragraph describes guys like you - see how you put that passive aggressive shit there? you're a fuckin faggot dude, i can tell just from text and that's not a good thing
>>
>>27027045
Cool, you're playing like 1200 shitters
>>
>>27027045
Yeah your Delcatty might do well against stronger mons if your opponents are idiots, but again: you can use Delcatty in OU. If it could hold its own against top OU mons, people WOULD use it.

I said it was nonsensical because it was a character attack with no basis in anything. And then you responded with another baseless ad hominem. If you actually have some sort of reasoning or evidence, now would be the time to show it
>>
>>27027140
It's just b8 anon ignore it

that or he's a retard
>>
>>27027079
what the fuck does this even mean, like, a showdown rating? wouldn't 1200 be good? I thought you start around 1500? that insult is lost on me, and so is your cheap and bad attempt to get under my skin

if that's how these "1200" people play then they sound like they have their shit figured out
>>
>>27027160
Eh I have nothing better to do right now than argue with retards. Why would I be on /vp/ otherwise?
>>
>>27027163
If you don't fucking know what you're talking about don't fucking talk about it
>>
>>27027160
are you serious? no no THIS guy is the wrong guy >>27027140

listen i love logic too but this isnt philosophy class or your case study, this is 4chan, and common sense arguments rule here and in general. the last paragraph was absolutely a character attack, one against the kind of people i absolutely know im dealing with when i talk to these smug fucking competitive pricks. I love playing competitive, but tiers are for queers, bottom line. you're agreeing but then disagreeing by repeatedly explaining what tiers are, and i'm saying the idea is retarded, delcatty itself is just a bad example of what i'm trying to say, it really does have shit stats, but i'll give you an example, zebstrika gets shit talked a lot on here in threads like "post a good design that's shit online", these people have no idea what they're doing, and theyre just baseless elitists like the WoW trolls I described.

it honestly sounds like i accidentally pressed a sensitive butthurt button for you
>>
>>27027217
True that anon

All the good(?) gen discussions are ruined by that one cunt claiming OP is her. Sometimes you find a few gems in /vp/ between her and go, it's kinda sad right now
>>
>>27027219
don't talk like you're not the loser here haha

the point is, I go on showdown, I put together whatever teams I feel like playing, and I win at a decent rate, proving what I assume to be your argument and mindset wrong, and making you look like not only a sperg but just a whiny little neeeeeerd for using shit like a rating system number to brag and make an argument

wew lad hahaha
>>
>>27024428
Talanflame is ass, it´s attack stat is horrible.
>>
>>27027247
who?
>>
>>27027256
>claims to win at a decent rate
>has no idea how ELO works
So what is the truth?
>>
>>27027227
I don't even understand what you just said. I'm also guessing you're >>27027163

You're not the best at grammar either.

Smogon isn't by how good a Pokemon can be. It's just by how much people use them. Case in point Quagsire, not much use in RU, but shot up to OU because of its usage.

It lets Pokemon who actually can't compete with really good Pokemon, I love PU/NU for using Pokemon and NFE that are shit

If you find a good set for a Pokemon maybe it'll become popular too
>>
>>27027285
because i'm not a fuckin loser/invested enough to care about that in that great a detail, the better question is why do you care so much? is there a weekly cash prize for being 1 on there?

the point is you play to have fun and play a good strategic game, you assholes act like it's one or the other, you ruin the game, and you ruin the culture, see >>27026880
>>27026892
these guys get it, do you see how mad you're getting based on the rating system point? it's fucking sad dude, like i'm legitimately sad for this whole chain of replies
>>
>>27027278
Oh, have you not been on lately?

It's someone who got banned from /tv/ and /v/ for spouting their age or something. It's all a mess, it's clearly one samefag. They use "bui" a lot
>>
>>27027227
OK so what about the idea of other people making tiers bothers you so deeply? You aren't limited by their tiers. If you think that they're underrating a pokemon, then you can use it, be successful, and prove them wrong. And you even admit that Delcatty is basically garbage. So how is saying "Delcatty is bad competitively" any different from saying "I put Delcatty in the bottom tier of my list"?
>>
>>27027163
Thats not how ratings work, anon.
>>
>>27027330
Is there for playing Pokemon at all?

Yes vgc, but we're talking singles here, are you registered on Pokemon trainer thing? We can see your battle rating, and see if you win a lot
>>
>>27027315
i am that guy, i thought that was obvious

but this is the problem,

>"Pokemon and NFE that are shit"

there are no shit pokemon, even delcatty, as you attested to. i dont care what your statistical argument is, going by usage, when that usage is referring to people who use said tiers as a guide for what they should use...gee that doesn't sound like a fucking self sustaining cycle of inability to think for ones self

and grammar? don't be that faggot, those posts were arranged fine, and even if they were in fucking l33t sp33k thats not the point you fucking autistic spaghetti slurping monkey
>>
>>27027330
Again, your entire second paragraph here is baseless. I play to have fun, while also trying to win. The entire fucking point of the tiers and clauses is to me the game more fun to play.
>>
>>27027338
is that the richard guy? the mew crabhammer or what

>>27027377
i'm not sure what thing you mean

>>27027364
clearly the fuckin point of that post was that i dont know, how do you even have this reply to that post jesus christ, are you 14?

>>27027362
i dont give a shit what other people do until they make bait threads like this which draw in smug elitists who need to be knocked down a peg (in pokemon of course, i'm not some online digital nigger)
>>
>>27027417
Battlespot rankings, or showdown rankings. We want to see how much you suck.
>>
>>27027415
it doesn't though, it's the entire opposite of that, how could you be so wrong? and stop just dismissing entire points by saying theyre baseless, nothing i've said is baseless just because you disagree with it, thats not what baseless means

'youkeepusingthatwordidontthinkyouknowwhatitmeans.jpeg'
>>
>>27027454
actually i've been meaning to register on the actual 3ds but i'm not sure how it works, everytime i say i want to register i need to go to global link, but i thought that was taken down with black white? i would give my details, I really would just to shut your fucking smug mouth up, but it would come back to my youtube and i dont want that from here
>>
>>27027484
https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/
>>
>>27027511
actual thanks, I can't figure all this shit out, pokemon used to be simple in my day (no irony) it was a cable cord and thats it, now there's codes and websites and TCG websites and now pokemon go pay to win games and shit , I can't keep up
>>
>>27027465
I'm calling them baseless because they directly contradict what I've observed, and you haven't provided examples of behaviors you've observed that would support your point.

I'm going to sleep now since I have work tomorrow, but I'm sure I'll take your bait again in some other thread.
>>
>>27027382
>autistic spaghetti slurping monkey
Triggered much?

Also, I hate to break it to you anon, some pokemon are straight up not good, no matter how much I love Furret, it isn't going to do anything above NU

also

>going by usage, when that usage is referring to people who use said tiers as a guide for what they should use...gee that doesn't sound like a fucking self sustaining cycle of inability to think for ones self
Then how to pokemon rise or drop in a cycle like Quagsire or Amoongus. Same with Slyveon+Conkeldur are used much more by people in UU and it is able to compete more.
>>
>>27024341
I like to pop on smogon once in awhile to see what people like to do with certain pokemon, and I might give it a try myself, but that's about it.

Something about it just bothers me. I suppose it's because they ban Pokemon, when I just want to play with the ones I love regardlessof whatever tiers they decide is a thing. Sure, that just means not giving a fuck about smogon's "rules," but still.
>>
>>27027417
>complains about showdown not working well
>doesn't understand how rankings work, clearly showing they have never played it before
>>
>>27027584
>pokemon used to be simple in my day
Jesus Christ are you just here for Pokemon Go?

It's been like this for 6 years anon
>>
>>27024341
Does Smogon have any say whatsoever when it comes to sanctioned events?

No? Well, color me shocked that a multi-billion dollar company doesn't take orders from a fansite.
>>
File: Chymia.jpg (26KB, 343x400px) Image search: [Google]
Chymia.jpg
26KB, 343x400px
>>27024616
I haven't looked at /vp/ in fucking months, came back because Go and Sun/Moon hype.

THIS NIGGA IS STILL SPOUTING HIS HO-OH SHOULD BE OU MEMES.

Props to you man.
>>
>>27027612
>the I'm going to leave because this is an anonymous website and you have no way of knowing if i'm still here but a loser like me would never actually leave after being this triggered by a 4chan argument argument

sure buddy, fucking sure pal, your argument is "your anecdotal evidence doesn't line up with mine!" i bet you're a fucking liberal too with that kind of retardation

>>27027618
> used much more by people in UU and it is able to compete more

you played yourself

you proved yourself wrong, or at least me right. if the people who get to cast that kind of judgment are included in the same group of people, hmmm sounds pretty fuckin self sustained to me, so its not valid whatsoever to anyone not a part of it

and did you just say "triggered" to me? while defending smogon? you little shit, kill yourself for insulting fucking furret, i wreck shop with that amazing pokemon

>>27027655
i never said it doesnt work well? i just dont care about ratings enough to use an actual number on the ranking as a form of insult like a fucking NEEERD

>>27027677
not at all, but i'm an oldschool fan and I usually come here for news, I'm more into other boards, especially with the kids on here arguing with me over their precious tiered play like these faggots
>>
>>27027881
>you played yourself
How?

>if the people who get to cast that kind of judgment are included in the same group of people, hmmm sounds pretty fuckin self sustained to me, so its not valid whatsoever to anyone not a part of it

There's no vote its just from stats from the website

When a pokemon's usage drops it, the tier it's in gets dropped putting them in a tier with less powerful pokemon.
>>
>>27028003
yeah but usage by WHOM, that's my point

people on the smogon website? ranked or unranked, on battle spot I see all kinds of mons, and then when you consider a website associated with competitive play like showdown, I can't begin to tell you the teams I see.

So even beyond my initial point, the way they determine usage is probably botched anyway unless they're specifically only taking their own like forum users into account anyway...in which case the entire tier determination is coming from faggots anyway...but that's more my subjective argument there, as people in this thread demonstrate, they're pretty big fuckin faggots
>>
>>27028003
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/smogon-usage-based-tier-update-may-2016.3571918/

It list who moves up or down based on it's usage inside the tiers

>>27027881
>fucking NEERD

clearly I am being baited
>>
>>27026513
>"Disadvantage my ass"

>>27026841
>an argument in a youtube comment section

>>27027045
>and it frequently kills shit like salamence, or aegislash or idk whatever

>>27027227
>it honestly sounds like i accidentally pressed a sensitive butthurt button for you

>>27027256
>don't talk like you're not the loser here haha
>wew lad hahaha

>>27027330
>i'm not a fuckin loser/invested enough to care about that in that great a detail, the better question is why do you care so much?

>>27027382
>you fucking autistic spaghetti slurping monkey

>>27027417
>i'm not some online digital nigger

>>27027484
>I really would just to shut your fucking smug mouth up, but it would come back to my youtube and i dont want that from here

>>27027584
>>27027584
>I can't figure all this shit out, pokemon used to be simple in my day
>>27027881
>you little shit, kill yourself for insulting fucking furret, i wreck shop with that amazing pokemon
>fucking NEEERD

How old are you?
>>
>>27024420
>kys

This is the part where we stop taking you seriously you underaged faggot.
>>
>>27028057
Actually there's less diversity than smogon

https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/battle/oras/
>>
>>27028190
you were autistic enough to type all this?

and with that in mind THATs your argument? thats fucking sad, if anything youre the kid here
>>
>>27028190
>>27028245
also

>cherrypicking

>>27028229
that's just the 12 most used pokemon thought, right? what does that prove except that smogon users or people who use smogon as a guide are playing? you also dont know the sets too

>>27028219
this ayye
>>
File: never felt like.png (112KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
never felt like.png
112KB, 326x326px
>>27024341
>Melee and Smash 4 comparison

Your kind needs to be shot down to extinction.
>>
>>27028245
>doesn't know about highlighting a post to automatically copy it
>deflects to me as a kid

And there we go!
This thread just sounded like loads of autism so I had to see why, I have't said anything here

It's pretty obvious you're the underaged faggot here anon
>>
>>27028279
this, im sure melee is still fun but why would you not play smash 4?
>>
>>27028278
It's not cherry picking if I grabbed something from more than 2/3 of your non capital letter sentences.

That's actual battle spot, run by the Pokemon company, if you click it, you can see the most common moves too and hold items
>>
>>27024725
But they aren't broken? You don't ban something based on its classification, you ban something based on whether it is too good or not. The issue is that people will bitch moan and complain that Pokemon X is broken and every Smogon player uses it, so why isn't it banned, then the other band of faggots will swoop in and start complaining if something IS banned. It's a lose/lose if you're trying to please people that don't understand competitive.
>>
>>27028302
>implying youre not the guy who said he was leaving
>implying even if youre not youre not just as big a bitch as him
>implying i don't know how to selectively reply with quotes
>implying it didnt take you effort to do that to all my posts anyway plus reading them
>implying your post wasnt a cheap attempt to call attention to my age
>implying my saying youre a kid is deflection and not fact
>implying you didnt just u-turn like a talonflame right back to the kid argument

i cant hold all these implyings anon

>>27028342
>its not cherrypicking if i just specifically picked something from 2/3 of your non-useful to my purposes statements

wew

didnt know about this statistics website - i guess all this proves is that faggots and/or stupid people always outnumber anyone who isn't either of the former
>>
>>27028422
Anon, it's pretty obvious, you're the only person here who doesn't capitalize sentences
>>
>>27028449
not the guy you're replying to - is this really all you have to say after all of that? It must be fun to live in a delusional grammar nazi world like that, as a last ditch attempt at trolling or something.
>>
>>27028422
>>27028278
>13 examples
>cherry picking

also
>>implying i don't know how to selectively reply with quotes
>you were autistic enough to type all this?

You what?

(You) really are a faggot
>>
>>27028449
>not capitalizing sentences

is this the best you can come up with? holy shit dude you fucking loser

>>27028487
>those double greentext arrows hehehe

>>implying i don't know how to selectively reply with quotes
>you were autistic enough to type all this?

You what?

(You) really are a faggot

what is the argument here? you're just mad at this point, and it shows honey, you've been BTFO, I wouldn't say that if it didnt honestly think it, you're just...i dont even have enough insulting words, it's just pity at this point
>>
>>27028487
>13 examples of fragments of sentences isn't cherry-picking

wew lad i share a board with these people
>>
>>27028544
>13 posts is cherry picking

What will satisfy you anon

You're the only person I've met on /vp/ who speaks without capitalized words. It's pretty ducking obvious m8
>>
>>27028617
>ducking
>grammar argument

it's like where's waldo: 13 year old troll edition without the actual challenge
>>
>>27028532
Is this nigger for real or is he baiting the whole thread?
>>
>>27028627
He isn't insulting your grammar, imbecile. He's saying that since you don't capitalize your posts it's pretty fucking obvious to know which posts are yours.
>>
>>27028634
I really don't know anymore.....

>>27028649
Thanks, I felt like I was losing my sanity here guys
>>
>>27028649
>>27028634
samefagging or not, this is just reaching

nobody ever said he couldn't tell if it was me or not, you're talking out of your ass
>>
>>27028679
I fucking did you fucking mongoloid

>>27028449
>>27028342
>>27028617
>>
>>27028670
>gee thanks guys (who are likely me)! i sure am right arent i!?

no, like, you're not lol

you can't get BTFO and then resort to "mug grammar! there's no capitals!" like what even is that argument?
>>
>>27028700
first of all, -sigh-

how does this prove >>27028649

second of all, what does it matter which posts are mine? im not hiding it whatsoever

it doesnt make your argument any less lame or you any less stupid holy shit, you're like a brick wall with little brick keyboard typing fingers
>>
File: image.png (137KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
137KB, 750x1334px
>>27028706
>>
>>27028761
>still missing the point about his argument missing the point

who are you? i want to know, who actually are you? i've never been so frustrated at a tangental argument to another argument on the pokemon fucking board of 4chan in my life

the point is is that it doesnt fucking matter if i use capitals or not
>>
>>27028732
>not the guy you're responding too

>>27028481

Gee same exact way of typing not capitalizing anything. Seems very familar
>>
>>27028796
ITS NOT THE FUCKING GRAMMAR

ITS THE EXACT STYLE YOU TYPE IN EVERY TIME. THATS HOW I KNOW ITS YOU
>>
>>27028807
>being this obsessed with semantics irrelevant to the argument thats now long since over

are you a fucking grade school teacher or something?
>>
>>27027163
Do you play smogon or on cart?
>>
>>27028831
making me go all caps to go down to your level here, but here i go

YES OKAY, SURE, NEVER DENIED THAT YOU FUCKING ACTUAL IDIOT, FUCKING AAAAAAAND....?

WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS TANGENT? THAT YOU KNOW ITS ME? ITS NOT LIKE I DIDNT SAY IT LIKE TWICE ALREADY BUT I NEVER SAID IT WASNT HOOOOOOOLY SHIT

if this is bait, someone ought to give your ass a trophy
>>
>>27028837
cart being on 3ds? showdown and cart
>>
>>27028871
But you said you don't know what user ratings are though
>>
>>27028901
i sort of do, but not enough to get what that anon was trying to say

i also dont care teebeeache fampai
>>
>>27028917
Not him it seem like you too are having fun, what it your rating
>>
>>27028929
on which? and how do i check if showdown

brb
>>
>>27028929
not sure if im looking at the right thing but im looking at the profile where it shows a box of columns and it says 1169
>>
>>27028959
Jesus, I don't think >>27028831 was being baited
>>
>>27028986
That's..... Not much at all anon
>>
>>27029010
?

>>27028991
?

what is the ultimate point here
>>
>>27029053
Anon, it's not hard to get passed 1400 and you haven't even done 1200....

The top people are at 1900

You're, kinda not good at the game it looks like. Do you want advice?
>>
>>27029097
oh it goes up? why does it go up?

besides i play on the 3ds more, but i guarantee i could beat you
>>
>>27029097
oh and suck my cock with your woman-like passive aggressiveness, taking any chance you can to look smug i see haha fucking loser
>>
>>27029201
When you win it goes up. You start at 1000, that's your minimum. If you lose you go down. Not too hard

I uh, am too lazy to breed/inject I like to change on the fly. We could play AG or something
>>
>>27029268
>I uh, am too lazy to breed/inject I like to change on the fly. We could play AG or something

whatre you jeff goldblum?

how do i challenge you
>>
>>27029268
why would it start at 1,000 and go up? thats so stupid
>>
>>27029312
Beats me, but it's a small annoyance.

Battle spot does it too

>whatre
?

I'm actually starting to think you might be a bit young for this board
>>
>>27029221
I'm just tryingto help.

Screw it you're just underaged, you can fuck off for me trying not to say you're garbage at this game
>>
>>27029421
what, whatre? either your buttblasted because i didnt put an apostrophe or youve never heard of contractions

do you wanna play or what? stop acting like a little bitch
>>
>>27029482
Fuck off, I wanted to help you since you didn't understand. I can see why that other anon lost their patience when I'm just trying to be nice.

Fuck you
>>
>>27029475
im probably older than you, but besides that youre just a smug little shit age aside

give me a solid week on showdown and ill be at like idk 1400 or so if thats how it works

>"garbage"

this is how i know youre just full of shit, only sperglords call people garbage at shit, literally a call of duty xbox tier argument
>>
>>27029506
>just trying to be nice, but also let me insult you

fuck off you faggot with your sneak dissing passive aggressive shit

do you want to play or not?
>>
File: thisthread.jpg (99KB, 500x597px) Image search: [Google]
thisthread.jpg
99KB, 500x597px
>
>>
>>27029545
>pictured: OP
>>
>>27029526
You're the fucking asshole who fucking insulted me first. I tried beating around the bush that you get above 1200 in a day.

Fucking kill yourself anon. God, imagine if I was in an argument or something.

Fix you're spelling too, if you are old enough to post here, then act like it
>>
>>27029617
>your/you're

kek faggot
>>
File: Rayquayza Fug.jpg (8KB, 174x231px) Image search: [Google]
Rayquayza Fug.jpg
8KB, 174x231px
I go to the gas station for a few hours and I miss a shitstorm.
>>
>>27024487
>Japan is the "real world"
>>
>>27025549
If game freak says Burdspam is the "right" way to play pokemon, then I want to go play it the wrong way, because the right way fucking sucks.
>>
>>27025862
Tiers exist in literally every competitive game that has any strategic element whatsoever.

Fuck it, they exist in every single-player game with strategic decisions as well.
>>
>>27025668
Fug is banned in the official format, so that's a retarded point to make.
>>
Smogon is not melee, Smogon is Project M.

Melee is Gen 4 (Garchomp being Fox), Sm4sh is Gen 6.
>>
>>27030774
"official"
>>
>>27030822
>garchomp being fox

Garchomp was probably over the edge without sand veil anyways and with it chomp was a game winning slot machine. Even shitters could abuse chomp to beat better players. Fox is the antithesis of that concept, being the most demanding character to play.
>>
smogon hasn't worked for me for a long time. any time i try to view a pokemon's information i just get a blank white screen. dunno what the deal is.
>>
>>27025374
Saying Stealth Rock over centralize OU is like saying Fake Out over centralize Doubles/VGC
>>
Mawile is still a stupid ban.
>>
File: 1465945947099.jpg (183KB, 747x521px) Image search: [Google]
1465945947099.jpg
183KB, 747x521px
>>27024341
You know why we shit on Smogon so much you little twit? Because you come over here to /vp/ and try to force your autistic opinions on the rest of us, you act like it brings balance when all it ever was is some power tripping faggots illegalizing anything that bothers them in the game, and it's full of inbred idiots that think that Smogon is equal to a great game like SSB Melee. Fuck you and fuck your autism OP.
>>
>>27024970

Ain't no OU mons that can do what Suicune does my nigga. I just saw a poll on PS whether or not Suicune should be ranked A- in the OU viability thread and the majority voted yes.
>>
>>27025895
Ubers did actually used to be defined as a banlist, with no support as an official meta, but they set it as a proper ladder with forums sometime early in Gen 5, when they decided there was enough broken stuff that they ended up countering each other.
>>
>>27025895
AG is Ubers for people who want to use shit like Swagger and Minimize.
Fug is there because he's an unprecedented level of absurdly broken and not even uber mons can keep up with him.
>>
>>27028190
thanks for compiling this, /vp/ hasn't made me laugh this hard in years
>>
>>27024341
>, Smogon is the Melee and VGC is the Smash 4 of the competitive Pokemon world
You were doing so well, then you had to make such a bad analogy...
>>
>>27032416
Yeah, that analogy implies that VGC is actually fun.
>>
I think a lot of the hate for smogon comes from them categorizing Pokemon into tiers. People hate that their "bro" is only in UU or something.
>>
>>27030519
Real world = playing the official game, against a worldwide audience. Two very important parts of competitive games that Smogon doesn't have.
>>
>>27024341
>Smogon is the Melee and VGC is the Smash 4 of the competitive Pokemon world
oh you're one of those people, thread disregarded
>>
>>27025272
>switched
sadly but true
>>
>>27032749
And then they misunderstand what the Tiers set out to do. They see that their bro/waifu is Ru, and go "Why are you shitting on my bro?" when the tiers are actually set up so that, if you want, you can actually use your bro and not get facerolled.
>>
>>27032749
No it comes from their drones forcing other people to play by their rules and the fact that lots of Poketubers except for Verl brainwash people into playing by them and making them think they're some kind of official authority.
>>
>>27024341
If smogon is good why they don't focus on dopubles which are a lot better gameplay wise, allow much more team building posibilities and planing?
>>
The draft league format is the best competitive format. You get the most varied teams and you have all the excitement and intricacies of a league.
>>
>>27033377
No one forces anyone to do anything. The fact that people accept it as the standard of play should tell you everything you need to know. Even on the PSS I see people specifying things like
> "OU only"
etc.
Ultimately, you can play however you want, but most competent players you come across will want to play by Smogon's standards, so either adapt, or opt out.
>>
>>27033411
This. I played in a draft league a couple of months ago and it was probable the most fun I've had with Pokemon in a long time.

Smogon is alright tho. I think it would be better if they did complicated bans like Protean Greninja and Geomancy+Batton Pass.
>>
>>27033464
Smogon isn't accepted as the standard, it's just popular, but for the wrong reasons. The only reason it's played is because of its legacy passed on from 5+ years ago back when competitive battling wasn't supported well in the games. So it's just snowballed into this problem where new players are exposed to Smogon/Showdown first and thus lead to believe it's the only way to play.

>most competent players you come across will want to play by Smogon's standards
Very rarely are competent cart players playing anything but official rules
>>
>>27033669
And there is also the fact that you spend 95% of your battles in game doing single battles and there is no supported way to do a 6v6 singles in the game with actual rules.
>>
File: fuckthiskid.png (276KB, 345x406px) Image search: [Google]
fuckthiskid.png
276KB, 345x406px
>>27031489
Yeah, if they want it so much, just ban if it have Sucker Punch and Sword Dance at the same time.

But they hates complex bans >>27011864
It's better to ban completely the Pokemon for them...
Thread posts: 216
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.