[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whos ready for the BEST Venoshock user in the game? >Never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 14

File: heheh.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
heheh.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
Whos ready for the BEST Venoshock user in the game?
>Never missing TOXIC with absolutely ZERO switch ins
>130 BP STAB in conjunction with it's unstoppable status
The meta is absolutely fucked.
>>
Steel types can be poisoned, doesn't mean they aren't immune to the attacks anymore
As for Poison, okay, it's poisoned. Venoshock still isn't very effective
>>
Venoshock won't hit the steels and poisons. makes no difference
>>
>>27016738
It's also part fire type :^)
>>
Poison Heal and Immunity still exists, you know.
>>
File: 472Gliscor.png (135KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
472Gliscor.png
135KB, 431x431px
>>27016721
>ZERO switch-ins
Hi
>>
>>27016721
How is using Toxic then Venoshock "broken" when you can just spam 2 120BP moves for more damage?
>>
>>27016761
HP Ice
>>
>>27016746
>>27016761
It's a fire-type special attacker, retards.
>>
Imagine it a speedy special attacker... With Will O Wisp.
>>
>>27016721
implying that Koala faggot can't be switched in
>>
>>27018064
ALOLA's METAGAME IS GOING TO BE GREAT HNNNNG

can't wait
>>
>>27016721

>Anything with magic guard, poison heal, immunity, steel types as they'll be immune to venoshock.

I know magic guard technically does got toxiced, but it doesn't get that increasing damage so meh. Reuniclus is still okay, what do I care.
>>
>>27019316
Don't forget magic bounce maybe it'll poison itself.
>>
>>27016721
>it's a heliolisk / furfrou tier shitmon with terrible stats and great ability to compense its weaknesses

wow.

most likely a 2 stage mon but don't expect too much

but hey /vp/ loves to hurt herself with huge expectations

probably may be decent but definitely worse than gimmicks like serperior and such
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 221x221px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 221x221px
>>27017957
>It's a fire-type special attacker, retards.
?
>>
>>27021174
I think he means it because gliscor has a relatively mediocre special defense, but its a stupid point anyways
>>
>all these smogonfags over saying they'll be shitty with bad stats
>this much also ensued over muh talonflame and bruxish
>the same crying over Yungoos punishing switching

The tears are going to be even more delicious.
>>
>>27021231
I just want the lizard to be good. I've been waiting since Gen V for this type combo and it seems to be very promising.
>>
>>27021033
>Heliolisk
>Furfrou
>shitmon

Pick one.
>>
>>27021231
I can't wait for all these new mons to rape the shitty meta
>>
>>27021231
Let's not forget Topu Keku and it's fuck you to sleep.
>>
>>27021307
tapu koko will have vgc by the balls don't worry anon
>>
Burning fire types when?
>>
>>27021824
>Implying there won't be a tapu with fiery terrain
>>
>tumblr fish fucks over muh priority
>sneaky lizard fucks over stall and fairys
>Trump fucks over switching in
>Top Kek fucks over sleep

It's fucking beautiful. All that's left is the genies.
>>
>>27016721
Does it bypasses immunity? Otherwise snorlax could switch in
>>
>>27021927
Maybe a trapping ice type?
>>
>>27021255
Heliolisk, I pick that one. Shit is fun.
>>
>>27016761
Implying hp ice doesnt exist
>>
>>27021937
it only allows the poisoning of steel and poison types, doesnt affect immunity by other abilities
>>
File: eeeeeee.gif (1MB, 352x232px) Image search: [Google]
eeeeeee.gif
1MB, 352x232px
>>27021927
Only a matter of time before we get a new pokemon that instantly removes/prevents entry hazards.
>>
Do you autists actually not think they're going to reveal more things that balance out everything? Why are you all acting like this is the only new thing? Do you believe they're just announcing some lizard and that's it?
>>
>>27021174
Ground type pokemon aren't actually resistant to Fire attacks. If the thing out speeds Gliscor, it could pull off an HP ice and not give a fuck. And any fire type attack will still get stab and do 1.5, depending on the attack that might be heavy blow because it's sp.Att based. Just saying.
>>
>>27021927

Defensive Ice/something with Shadow Tag.
>>
>>27016721
>wastes 2 turns to use a 130 BP move
>fucking the meta
lmao
>>
>>27019427
This
Koala fagit and magic bounce/magic coat users are still a thing
>>
File: Furry Mayhem.jpg (33KB, 440x323px) Image search: [Google]
Furry Mayhem.jpg
33KB, 440x323px
>>27016721
>Venoshock
>>
>>27016721
If this thing doesn't have tank stats out the ass, it's absolute garbage.

>Poison/Fire
>X4 to the absolute most common move next to Surf and Ice Beam.

If it at least has huge tanking stats, it lets it be a great auto toxic for anything except Gliscor, who will be it's only hard counter.

If this thing can learn Dragon Tail, it's gonna be insane.
>>
>>27016721
Can it poison Komala?
>>
Steel is officially fucked.
It wasn't bad enough that they had to nerf the resistances last gen, no siree.

I fucking love this thing, but it really fucks over a lot of my old favourites.
>>
>>27023335
i don't think so. they shows komala in the video but didn't show it getting poisoned...which is sort of suspicious. also it would be weird to introduce a pokemon with a cool ability and a pokemon that negates it at the same time.
>>
>>27023476
As far as we know, only one (1) Pokemon has this ability so far. Additionally, we have no idea about it's base stats.
>>
>>27023270
>surf
>common

>hard counter
>when it will probably be a speedy special attacker running hp ice
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
>>27019427
>>
>>27023527
>when it will probably be a speedy special attacker running hp ice

>Speedy special attacker
Literally trash, then. Its ability will be absolutely useless at that point.

Also, HP in general has been nerfed so hard it's barely worth running.
>>
This thing won't be that good, and not just because of stats. The ability to hit poisons and steels with poison status is really not that amazing. It's good but not gamebreaking at all
>>
>>27023527
>Guts assault vest conkeldur switches in
Prepare your anus
>>
>>27023591
>The ability to hit poisons and steels with poison status is really not that amazing
You're so wrong it hurts.
>>
>First Talonflame counter
>Now a Ferrothorn counter
I can't wait for Salandit Stall to be a thing.
>>
>>27023270
Think of the potential if it has toxic spikes, anon. Although that said, magic bounce would mess with that, but at the same time that's what the poison typing is for, and it seems more likely that this mon will end up being a status spamming motherfucker.
>>
>>27016751
Well then its 4x to ground isnt it ;-)
>>
>>27023591
Heatran, Skarmory, and Ferrothorn can be crippled by Toxic
>>
>>27023643
>ferrothorn counter

Lol shitters trying to sound like good players.
>>
>>27023643
>implying drag fish is a Talonflame counter
>when Talonflame can just hit it with a super effective U-turn and escape
>>
>>27023507
I'm thinking it wont because Salandit ability only affects pokemon that wouldn't be poisoned based on type (i.e. poison, steel). I think it works normally on all other pokemon so it wouldn't work on Komala. I'm just not sure.

I want to know for sure.
>>
>>27023665
muh 4x weakness, i'm sure talonflame, heatran, garchomp are all shit too
>>
>>27016721

You guys are acting as if his stats are going to be hot shit
>>
Oh man I fucking love this guy.

crossing my fingers/dick that he has a good evo and good stats
>>
What do you mean absolutely no switch ins? Magic Guard, Magic Bounce, Toxic Boost, Immunity, Comatose, Guts, and Poison Heal would ALL like a word with you
>>
>>27023748
Talonflame has a huge saving grace in its ability.

Heatran has huge fucking stats.

Garchomp also has huge fucking stats.

Wanna try again?
>>
>>27016721
>absolutely zero switch ins
>Poison Heal
>Guts
>Toxic Orb
>Natural Cure
>Rest
>Shed Skin
>>
>>27023270

>Dragon tail

For what purpose

The entire point of toxic is to get worse
>>
Oh boy I can't wait for Smogon to enforce Toxic Clause
>>
>>27023726
good luck switching in and out with pesky pebles around
>>
>>27023726
>>27023733
Fine, checks then. I just remembered T-Wave too.
They are gonna be great technical threats on plenty of teams anyway.
>>27023761
It probably going to be since it was revealed this early. Then again it could end up like Aegislash.
>>
>>27023813
If it can lay down Toxic Spikes, you could force a few switches that way.

But it probably doesn't have the stats to maintain that type of strategy long-term.
>>
>>27023812
>Poison Heal
Literally Breloom and Gliscor. One is weak to fire, so Gliscor is literally the only thing.

>Guts
It's a switch-in, but not a safe one, especially made worse by the fact that your burn orb is negated, and toxic is way worse to deal with.

>Toxic Orb
?????????? Trying to pad your list by listing Toxic heal twice? Toxic orbs only literal function is to activate poison heal.

>Natural Cure
So... you switch out in the end anyways? Do you know what a switch-in is?

>Rest
Fair point, but also rare and only works once.

>Shed Skin
You serious, son
>>
>>27023832
Did you misclick the quote... Or are just retarded?
>>
>>27016791
>toxic
>venoshock
>fire attack
>HP ice
>balloon
This thing is perfect
>>
>>27023902
I don't see why it can't be both.
>>
>>27023890
>You serious, son
>He's doesn't remember the Shed Skin Skarm memes
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 800x498px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 800x498px
Did you call?
>>
>>27023790
>have 0 information on this things stats or movepool
how are you talking shit about unreleased info?
>>
>>27023790
Yeh but what about the new guy? we haven't seen its stats yet :-O
>>
>>27023990
Just TOX it ;)
>>
>>27016721
To early to say its meta changing if it has shit stats like kecleon or something same with bruxish

This thing probably helps stall since it can now toxic just about everything
>>
So this thing is probably a speedy sweeper, but I can't help but think it would make an interesting stall user.
It'd be cool for Toxic + Fire Spin finally see some use, maybe hiding behind a Substitute and a Balloon so it can't be touched, firing off Incinerate every so often to destroy Lum berries and deal some damage.
>>
so do we think it's ability only works for toxic and poison gas or will it be able to hit steel pokemon with poison fang?
>>
>>27024195
I think it can only apply the poison STATUS effect with moves like toxic and whatnot.
>>
>>27016721
diglett used mud slap, its a ohko
>>
File: 1255848352735.jpg (35KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1255848352735.jpg
35KB, 554x439px
>>27021927
steel ice - shadow tag - very fast + magnet rise/ice shard
>>
>>27024247
yeah that's why heatran is so bad amirite
>>
>>27016761
whats will-o-wisp?
>>
>>27024195
I doubt it works with toxic spikes aswell
>>
>>27018187
I am at half mast with this potential meta with what we seen.

I will explode the minute a auto-trick room setter is revealed.

This just might be up there with one of the best gens.
>>
>>27024267
Heatran's a legendary. They're good more often than they're shit.

Salandit will probably have ok stats (being a mid-to-late game mon in all likelihood) but it's a skinny little thing so I wouldn't expect it to be a defensive powerhouse by any means.
>>
>>27024233
>>27024315
so this thing has an ability that basically only applies to one move?
>>
>>27024347
Yeah dude, just like bagon and goomy!
>>
>>27024353
Probably. The description doesn't say anything about it being able to hit any pokémon with poison-type moves, just that it can poison any pokémon.
>>
>>27024371
I guess it could be the pseudo. That would be fucking great.

But I don't see it happening. Pseudos almost always have cute, marketable first stages that they shill the hell out of in the anime. This ain't one of those.
>>
its 1/4 resistant to Fairy
i wonder what fairy type can deal with it?
>>
>>27024478
>that smug as fuck face

Could easily be it. Not saying I even think it is, but I could see it happening
>>
>>27024485
Gardevoir, Azumarill, and Clefable.
>>
>>27023890
>Guts/Toxic Orb
Toxic is often the preferred status for Guts Pokémon, because it doesn't outdamage Burn until third turn

>Natural Cure
I was thinking Starmie could come in, absorb Toxic, and chase out the Fore-type lizard. After switching, toxic is cured.

>Rest
Rest works more than once... Suicune could Sleep Talk, for example.
>>
>>27024353
It could probably poison stuff poison types with Sludge bomb etc etc

Now if it could burn fire types thats a different story
>>
Reasonably speaking its only gonna wanna poison heatran amoongus and Mega venusaur
And really that's all
>>
>>27024697
>heatran
Hey, that's enough for me.
>>
>>27024039
>what is immunity
>>
>>27024247
Air Balloon isn't that bad of an item really... Heatran does it just fine
>>
>>27024371
A non dragon pseudo is pretty unlikely, can't count it out because Tyranitar, but still unlikely. Also I'd bet money on this guy only being a 2 stage line.
>>
>>27023591
go away skarmory
>>
>>27025364
And, you know, Metagross. Still, that's only two out of seven non-dragons. It'd be nice to have some more non-dragons, but there we are. I also doubt Salandit is the pseudo anyway. Seems odd to reveal it this early. When was Goomy revealed?
>>
>>27025937
Goomy was first shown when people actually had their hands on the game.
>>
>>27022880
>defensive ice type
>because this works out every time they try it
>>
Friendly reminder that "pseudo-legendary" is fanwank and using the word like it's official is cancer.
>>
>>27023790
>implying salandit isnt this gens pseudo

tippitytopkek
>>
>>27026197
The term itself is fanon but literally every Gen has a Pokémon that perfectly meets the requirements to be a pseudo, so Game Freak clearly has a template they're using, that much is canon. Every region has one (or two in Hoenn's case) three-stage Pokémon line that only reaches its final evolution at a super high level relative to most Pokémon, and it always has exactly 600 BST.
>>
>>27021255
Ur in. De nile
>>
>>27023890
Gliscor will also have to watch out for HP Ice, though, depending on how high this things special attack is.
>>
>>27016721
Holy fuck I never realized that. Thanks OP!
>>
>>27024006
The description fucking says it's weak, read nigga, read!
>>
Doesn't Corrosion as an ability seem dumb? I mean, I can even understand Soak because it takes a setup turn and it actively changes an active type so that you can poison those types in the first place. Corrosion works with the premise that there's something you gotta break through, but plenty of those poison or steel pokémon don't have anything beyond their outer shell. How do you justify something like Registeel getting poisoned when it's just a golem, or something like Muk which is essentially a pile of sludge somehow being subjected to that?

I feel like Gamefreak is throwing a bunch of darts at the wall to see if something sticks with the pretension of making the game more "balanced", but you can bet that shit like auradog is gonna keep its hilarious 145/140/112 + Adaptability power, and that a fuckton of shitmons will remain untouched, so I don't really see what's so exciting about this initiative.
>>
Why would Steel types ever want to switch into this thing besides Heatran anyways? Most of them don't enjoy taking a fire attack to the face.
>>
>>27028782
How do you explain regice or regirock getting poisoned? How do you explain gastly, a ball of gas, getting burned?
>>
>>27028829
The point is that even though some things don't make sense in real life, they're internally consistent. Poison types don't get poisoned because since forever they've been designated as something you can't poison unless you go through lengths that outright alter their typing (e.g.: Soak). Corrosion doesn't seem internally consistent with the way Steel and Poison have been portrayed so far.
>>
>>27028897
Corrosion can easily just be read as "this Pokemon has a special type of Poison that acts like an acid as much as a biological agent." Pokemon has frequently conflated the two, acids and poisons, and a lot of other games have as well. There's a bit of real life stuff to base this on too, but not as much as games have run with it. Especially biologically originating poisons. In this case, the "Poison" is more than simply Poisoning other Pokemon, it's actually causing physical damage to them like an acid. It Poisons them rather than making up an entirely new status to do exactly the same thing, only to Poison and Steel-types as well.

It's no coincidence the first Pokemon with this ability is also the first Fire/Poison-type. The fluff is obviously that it's fiery nature allows its poison to react differently than normal.
>>
>>27021927
>he still calls them genies
kek
>>
>>27028897
Right, and now you have some other lengthy method to get past their typing, except instead of soak it's a limited ability. Flying type moves used to not have priority and look at talonflame. Is that inconsistent?
>>
>>27029007
Yes, but as scaling damage over time against things that would have no reason to react to an acid in the same way a poisoned creature would react to intoxication? Besides, what about pokémon with Poison Heal or Immunity: why would they still benefit from it since it doubles an acid?

This wasn't created with so much thought about how everything would fit with it, it was created with the intention of being unique and providing a niche regardless of how beneficial or consistent it'd be. That's why I think it's cheap and poorly thought out.
>>
>>27016721
OP is a faggot.
>>
>>27016721
Nice toxic gimmick it has going on but its sub 420 base stats makes it unable to do shit outside of NU.
>>
>>27021231
Why are smogonfags so infuriated by the mere idea of the current meta being altered even slightly by the addition of new mons?
>>
what was the point of changing how these status effects work in gen 6 when they are just gonna put them back in with abilities.
>>
>>27024478
>larvitar is cute
>gible is cute
>Beldum is cute

yeah sure anon
>>
and Excadrill continues to be the best pokemon to fight gimmicky shit like this.
>>
>>27033131
why, because of mold breaker?
>>
>>27016721
can it poison itself if something bounces toxic back to it?
>>
>>27023047
this thing is more of a support. i'd pair it with dragalge with magneti rise klefki to shit on stall..
>>
>>27033114
I'm reasonably angry you don't think Lavitar is cute.
>>
>>27023748

it's gonna evolve into a dragon/poison. no way a salamander won't evolve into one.

Drastardly
>>
File: s45t7Oe.jpg (127KB, 1024x661px) Image search: [Google]
s45t7Oe.jpg
127KB, 1024x661px
>>27021927
>Updraft
>Prevents all airborne foes from switching
>Learns earth power, power gem, and ice beam
>>
File: muh dick.png (225KB, 453x524px) Image search: [Google]
muh dick.png
225KB, 453x524px
>>27026231
>pseudo
>>
>>27033137
Looks like our lord and savior Landorus pairs nicely with our anti-steel friend.
>>
>>27023684
If you have the chance to hit the last two, you prefer the fire coverage.
>>
Wasn't Sandalit mentioned in a "leak" by some Chinese dudes a few weeks ago?
>>
Alright, fun discussion guys. Too bad it'll have 0-1 evolutions and end up with a BST just high enough to see play in RU
>>
>>27033426
Source?
>>
>>27024982
a subpar alternative to the more useful thick fat
>>
>>27026231
it's gem 7 Krookodile.
>>
File: 1454392119039.png (115KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1454392119039.png
115KB, 557x605px
>>27026231
I'd really like that actually.

It deserves special treatment considering how fucking cool it is.
>>
>>27021227
>>27022824
>I've never seen a careful gliscor built for special defense so it must not exist
But really what steel type isn't packing eq?
>>
>>27033137
mold breaker only works for the ability user's moves; excadrill would still get poisoned. Not that it matters, since it gets melted by fire blast /flamethrower/whatever salandit gets anyway.
>>
>>27016721
>What is Clefa-
WAIT HOLE UP
AWW SHIT
>>
File: image.png (44KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
44KB, 250x250px
>>27035498
were you about to imply magic guard and cosmic power/calm mind? because that is still a thing that can buttfuck this lizard.
>>
>>27035715
>acid spray
>>
>>27035715
More like Venoshock and >>27035733
Also, Because it seems on the frail side, it could possibly go mixed
>>
>>27035742
Oh, shit you're talking about your pic related.
Might get at least a few dark moves like Knock Off.
>>
>>27035756
so it's going to run the following moveset:
Toxic
venoshock
[Whatever fucking fire move]
HP ice
Knock off
Acid spray
>>
>>27035785
More like:
@Black Sludge
Substitute
Toxic
Venoshock
Fire Blast/Flamethrower
It alone doesn't have to cover all of its weaknesses, but it still has can do sizable bit of mauevering around them

Pair this with Weavile, or Kyurem-B and you have yourself huge synergy.
>>
>>27033722
Air balloon.

Also, steel types are sllow as fuck.
>>
>>27035860
>Fire Blast/Flamethrower
This board needs to know that with 85% accuracy Fire Blast is better than Flamethrower 100% of the time.
>muh perfect accuracy
Fire Blast almost never misses.
>>
>>27038536
Not always, but in this case, yes.
Since this pokémon usually attacks from behind a substitute, it can afford an occasional miss.
One could also give it more special attack investment and run flamethrower if they are using it as a dedicated reliable wallbreaker, where guaranteed damage is neccesary..
>>
>>27033190
Did they died?
>>
>>27023591
>t. Ferrothorn
>>
File: red-balloon_odc1.jpg (88KB, 266x451px) Image search: [Google]
red-balloon_odc1.jpg
88KB, 266x451px
>>27023665
How hard was that?
>>
>>27024668
>new Pokemon with Plasma Heat ability can burn Fire-types
>burn Talonflame
>it's now useless

Will Talonflame be the most cucked Pokemon of Gen VII?
Thread posts: 157
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.