[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's been 20 years, and we will never have a mature side

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1382542183031.png (272KB, 560x417px) Image search: [Google]
1382542183031.png
272KB, 560x417px
It's been 20 years, and we will never have a mature side game to cater to those fans who are now or have entered their 30s.
>>
>>27010530
>mature

Let me guess, you think that means tits and gore.
>>
>>27010530
Well, other than difficulty, what would be in a mature side game that isn't in the main pokemon games?
>>
>>27010530
This is a serious question:
What would make a good plot of mature Pokemon game?
>>
>>27014193
Nothing.
Every attempt by the fandom has ended in failure, be it bad writing (Z/O, Insurgence), or just an outright shit game all around (Snakewood) it never works, and yet they expect people who have been making games for kids for over 20 years to get it done better?
>>
>>27014169
>complex story & character elements that delve beyond "you good; them bad"
>bosses that require more strategy than just you hitting the foe until he dies
>focus on worldbuilding in a dense area as opposed to a vapid adventure

But no. Tits and gore is the only way to make a more mature game.
>>
>>27014193
I'd say just go further into the ethics of Pokemon battles. There's no way that every Pokemon in the world likes to fight.

Another thing we could have is instances of Pokemon attacking humans out of their own will. The Musketeer trio was supposed to detest humans, weren't they? Why not build up more of that?

There's a lot you can do with Pokemon as a concept, but the fans are just shit writers.
>>
File: 1415826403141.jpg (43KB, 373x521px) Image search: [Google]
1415826403141.jpg
43KB, 373x521px
>>27014306
literally fuck off back to /r/pokemon
>>
File: 14667828632421946764653.jpg (125KB, 671x501px) Image search: [Google]
14667828632421946764653.jpg
125KB, 671x501px
>>27014444
Quads wasted on a shitpost.
>>
>>27010530
Platinum and BW are quite "mature"
Platinum is pretty hard for Pokemon standards, and BW has a bit of a story.
Also there's Pokken.
>>
>>27014478
quads used on a hard truth
>>
Play colosseum I guess. That kinda fits.
>>
>>27014306
>vapid adventure
lmao what kind of depressed fuck doesn't even understand what Pokémon is

go play Mass Effect since you like WRPGs so much
>>
>>27014605
>>27014662
Quads confirm Pokemon fans are braindead manchildren who consider anything other than a campy adventure with their animal buddies to be edgy.
>>
>>27014681
edgy words for an underaged redditor
>>
>>27014880
You consider Colosseum to be edgy. Your opinion's worthless.
>>
>>27014947
colosseum is basically just a main game where you catch pokemon from other trainers, there's still a defined bad guy and no strategy needed to beat them. Colosseum is good, because it's the opposite of everything you want pokemon to be.
>>
>>27015012
Colosseum contained deeper worldbuilding than that of any mainline game, and Orre was a small but dense region. And forcing the players into double battles meant for a more interesting dynamic, albeit not more challenging. But that's an issue that can't be solved without changing every pokemon's movepool or giving enemy trainers bullshit stat buffs. Colo might not have fit my description, but it is a step in the right direction to a more mature game without being dark & edgy.

My biggest gripe with the mainline series is that they recycle the "get 8 badges" thing as your motivation to go out and explore. I think they should set up a completely new type of protagonist though to allow for other goals. Catching and cataloguing every monster you see can still be a goal, but going around fighting gym leaders is getting monotonous. That being said, I certainly don't want an open world Pokemon game either.

Also, my idea of a "mature" pokemon game was just a vague description of Shin Megami Tensei. I started playing recently and now I can barely play Pokemon.
>>
>>27010530
I thought GSC was top notch when it used new mechanics to tell a more compelling story, that you knew your rival changed his abusive ways when you saw his crobat
>>
>>27014444
>neckbeard resists fighting
are you even trying anon?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.