[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.strawpoll.me/10679263 http://www.strawpoll.me/106

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: Pikaman_Brawl.png (113KB, 292x357px) Image search: [Google]
Pikaman_Brawl.png
113KB, 292x357px
http://www.strawpoll.me/10679263
http://www.strawpoll.me/10679265
Lets settle this, which was the best generation and which was the worst?
>>
have a bump OP because no one bumps these threads
>>
>>26994561
Thank you
>>
>best
4 because platinum and HG/SS
>worst
5 because 5
>>
>>26994629
Actually, those are tied. 6 is worst, then 1.
>>
>>26994520
Gen 5 is best, and worst

Not surprised
>>
>>26994629
Honestly what is so different from plat/HGSS to BW/2 they're very similar to me
>>
>>26994709
Pokemon design, atmosphere, story, pacing, region, characters, etc
>>
>>26994520
1 is worst. I don't really have a favorite, 3 4 & 5 are tied for me
>>
>>
>>26994729
That's probably the most vauge answer I've ever heard
>>
>>26994757
What's vague?
The pokemon designs are ugly as hell
While Platinum and HG/SS had a comfy atmosphere, Unova felt fake and manufactured
The story about Team Plasma and N was awful and hamfisted
The pacing was shitty, mostly because you keep running into your rival and other recurring characters every five seconds. It makes the world feel very small. Compared to Sinnoh which felt huge.
Speaking of region, like I said the world felt small and it had a sterile atmosphere. Additionally, the variety left a lot to the imagination.
The characters I'm willing to leave to matter of opinion. It's not so much that then Unova ones were awful, they just felt really uninteresting compared to the colorful ones from gen 4.
>>
I find it interesting how the best answer has a bell curve while the worst answer doesn't seem to have a pattern.
>>
File: 1466090196921.png (121KB, 445x356px) Image search: [Google]
1466090196921.png
121KB, 445x356px
FUCKING SINNOHFETUSES RUINING MY BOARD
>>
>>26994792
Ok this is an answer. Give me like five and I'll type something up

I just find it ironic that someone who HGSS complains about pacing
>>
>>26994845
FUCKING UNOVABORTIONS RUINING MY BOARD
>>
File: 1467653069609.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1467653069609.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
>>26994868
FUCKING GENWUNNERS RUINING MY BOARD
>>
>all this gen 1 hate
For what reason?
I mean, obviously we all hate le epic fail genwunners, but otherwise it seems a bit harsh. Obviously it has the least to offer because its the first game, but as a result it is also the least disappointing because it didn't fuck anything up.
One example that I don't agree with that I see a lot is the removal of time in gen 3. Lots of people really disliked that change.
Gen 1 kind of evens out because it doesn't have anything like this.
>>
>>26994901
Time was only removed in the gen 1 remakes.
I kinda agree with you but you can't judge something differently just because it came first.
>>
>>26994867
That's fair, but there's only so much a remake can do. For me HG/SS had a great atmosphere and did a great job at updating the old game. Things like permanent running, following pokemon, etc etc - All great touches.
Platinum is the objectively better game in terms of game content, but HG/SS potentially beats it in some areas.
BW ultimately felt like a huge disappointment. I'm willing to give BW2 some credit, but like I said with HG/SS - only so much you can do with an existing template
except that's not true at all is it? D/P are probably the worst pokemon games and yet Platinum is possibly the best. Who knows how that works.
>>
>>26994924
By time I meant day and night which was also not present in Hoenn.
>>
I like all of them. BW2 are up there with my favourite games in the series (RSE, HGSS, Platinum), and V introduced some of my favourite Pokémon, so I picked Gen V as best.

Don't really have a worst, but I picked Gen VI. I actually loved XY and ORAS, the transition to full 3D models was great, but I wish there were more additions to the Pokédex, and some more animation. That's my only gripe about it really.
>>
>>26994792
>>26994867
>the Pokemon designs are ugly as hell
First off taste is subjective and Sinnoh shouldn't really be talking with its loads of shitmons even though both have a ton of standouts

>atmosphere feels manufactured
I really don't understand what you mean by this, like what about it. The colors? the season? The trees? Also comfy is a shit argument anything can be comfy to anyone

>world feels small
I think I see what you mean here actually, but Unova actually has things to do and place to explore in postgame. But is running into characters really that bad?

>sterile atmosphere and lack of variety
Now that is straight up wrong between Castelia skyline and night with tons of variety even on route due to weather. Chargestone cave is the most unique cave in the game.

>colors
Not so much Plat, which always had a darker shade usually beside the postgame island which was great HGSS really excelled at this though. I guess you can say Unova didn't have much colors, but neither did platinum
>>
>>26994982
>color
I didn't mean that literally, I meant their personalities.
>>
>>26994936
I just like BW because it felt like change and was probably the most unique games in the series too. It just felt like it was advancing the series in more ways than just mechanics and Gen 6 fucking undid all of it

gen 5 is what got me back into the games after gen 5 too, so it holds a soft spot and has so much to do and explore, like Veteran Sean

Also DP and XY can rot in hell, Platinum is my 3rd favorite game. With HGSS and BW2 tied pretty closely for first. Gen 4 can't be #1 for DP it just hurt me from playing Pokemon to badly like what the fuck that gen+region was completely saved by platinum. I actually get "triggered" when people say platinum isn't much better than DP
>>
>>26995021
*dp scared me away

>>26994997
Oh you meant character personality

I mean Ghetsis+N>>>Anybody on Team Rocket and Galactic I enjoy how gym leaders act in all those games personally
>>
Best is Gen 5, very enjoyable games overall. Black and White 1 have a lot of problems but they manage to be average games in the pokemon series. BW2 are the best games in the series however.

Gen 6 is the worst because it simply has no good games. Diamond and Pearl are arguably worse than both Gen 6 games but at least Diamond and Pearl are part of a generation with decency. Gen 6, at this point, has no redeeming qualities.
>>
>>26994900
FUCKING POKEMON FANS RUINING MY BOARD
>>
What do you guys think about all the polls around here lately?

Vote here
http://www.strawpoll.me/10553611
>>
File: 1445640379444.gif (1022KB, 182x209px) Image search: [Google]
1445640379444.gif
1022KB, 182x209px
>the objective best Gen is currently in first place

>has won nearly every single Genwar strawpoll that I can recall

I fucking love /vp/ sometimes, I really do.
>>
>Best gen: 85 voters
>Worst gen: 72 voters
err...
come on niggas!
>>
>>26995182
>objective
>according to Unovabortions.

I agree that it's the best, solely because it's the only gen with no duds in it, but no need for Unova kids to get all haughty.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.