[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, I've never played a pokemon game before. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: download.png (11KB, 370x136px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
11KB, 370x136px
Hey, I've never played a pokemon game before. What should I start with?
>>
Red
>>
>>26990378
Also, I can't play any games that were released for the DS and 3DS
>>
>>26990378
Emerald
>>
>>26990387
I guess start with Red/Blue/Yellow or FireRed/Leafgreen.
>>
>>26990402
How would I get the extra pokemon?
>>
>>26990378
Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, and Crystal
>>
>>26990378
What do you have? GBA? GBC? GB?
>>
>>26990461
All those three
>>
B L A C K & W H I T E 2
>>
*G E N 2
>>
File: pokemon go.jpg (26KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon go.jpg
26KB, 578x327px
Pokemon: GO

Its the newest game out, has infinite playtime, and best of all its free.

Every other answer is wrong, anon. Download Pokemon: GO on the Google play store now.

And don't forget to pick up one of the official wrist accessories to play while you're on the move!
>>
>>26990526
Please don't try to trick OP. It's rude.
>>
>>26990378
Honestly? I'd suggest Fire Red/Leaf Green.

It's really not the best starting point, but it's the best you have available. If you had DS options I'd suggest Black/White or HGSS, but you don't, so.
>>
>>26990378
X and Y, can't really go wrong

very bare bones, buts good for beginners I guess
>>
Start with Fire Red. It's a more updated version (visually and mechanically) of the original game. Good for beginners like you.
>>
OP here. I just found out about the differences between leaf green and fire red. What if I want the pokemon from leaf green in fire red?
>>
>>26990562
>trick

Pokemon: GO is the hottest on thing on the play store right now.
There's a even a general up as we speak that is moving at an alarmingly fast rate with many people having fun and catching their favorites.

Pokemon: GO is the future, don't be surprised when Nintendo announces it as the official VGC format for 2017.
>>
>>26990613
Buy both versions, or be lame and trade with someone who has the opposite version to you. Or suck it up, pick the ones that has your favourites, and ignore the ones you can't get in your version.
>>
>>26990378
Why are there six of these threads?
>>
>>26990643
>Buy both versions
So I'd have to play the game 2 times?

>>26990660
Sorry, didn't look in the catalog
>>
>>26990387
I envy you. I literally can't play anything from before generation 4 because there was a key gameplay change that occurred then that bugs me to no end if I play without it
>>
>>26990624
TOO BAD ITS NOT RELEASED YET
>>
>>26990378
Fire Red

Then play a hack called
Liquid Crystal

Then Emerald

And once you can play DS games play Platinum.

Then, White 1 and White 2.

Then, X or Y
>>
>>26990747
Is there a romhack for fire red that has the pokemon from leaf green?
>>
>>26990422
You mean beyond the original 151? Well, you can evolve some of them after beating the Elite 4 in FireRed/LeafGreen, and the full Sevii Islands offers some Pokemon outside first gen.

Echoing the opinion to get FR or LG. They're pretty fun, accessible games. Just don't choose Charmander if you don't want a hard first 25% of the game.
>>
>>26990845
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=333967
Should be what youre looking for. If you have an android phone you could download drastic. Its a toptier ds emulator that you can get for free just search for it and put apk after it. Search on the internet for clarification
>>
>>26990719
You can get it in australia and japan on the play store right now.
The rest of the world should have it within the next day or so.
>>
>>26990378
Anything except Diamond or Pearl.
>>
>>26990947
Thanks a bunch mate
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.