[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>defeatist halves the users attack and special attack but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: 567Archeops.png (994KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
567Archeops.png
994KB, 1280x1280px
>defeatist halves the users attack and special attack but boosts defense and special defense by x1.5
Is it good now?
>>
>>26986062
>Rock type
no.
As ironic as it is, Rock is a shit defensive type.
>>
>>26986062
No
>>
>Becomes defensive at low health
"no"
>>
Archeops looks like it's in pain just living in X/Y.
>>
>>26986075
rock/bug is godlike, and it's fun against scrubs because they get mad when their fire/fight/flying/ground attacks dont do shit because they never learned bug resistances
>>
>>26986062
Since Archeops has such a shit typing and stats, I feel like defeatist wouldn't get a chance to kick in if it were hit. Am I wrong?
>>
>>26988959
>archeops has shit stats

You fucking what
>>
>>26988959
It can effectively be made irrelevant with a relatively weak move.
>>
Honestly why is Defeatist even a thing
>>
File: goldab.jpg (123KB, 692x461px) Image search: [Google]
goldab.jpg
123KB, 692x461px
>defeatist now halves the users attack
Don't lower that special attack though, so special archeops could at least be more viable.
>>
>>26988650
Dont forget rock/grass, shit types defensively but creates a surprisingly great combo
>>
>>26986062
Not in any way I would like, but I don't mind. Archeops is still a personal favorite front runner for me.
>>
What about an ability where your defense stats are passively increased while lowering your offensive ones at full health only to swap when under 50% HP?
>>
>>26989081
Its special movepools shallow as fuck sadly
>>
>>26989216
If it was purely boosting at full hp, it'd get shut down pretty fast with stealth rocks and spikes. Then again, I don't really play competitive much. Sounds like a thing that could work if the opponent had to do buffs and such, or if it were the first one out, or Protect.
It's interesting though.
>>
>>26988650
>rock that's weak against rocks.
No.
>>
>>26986062
If it was reverse, sure.
1.5 special and physical defense.
And then 1.5 special and physical attack instead at half health.
>>
>>26986062
What is Defeatist just reduces attack and special attack by a quarter?
>>
>>26986062
Why doesnt Defeatist just halve Defenses and Speed? It makes more sense for him to lower his guard and be sluggish if he thinks he's done for.
>>
File: 02.png (26KB, 1135x330px) Image search: [Google]
02.png
26KB, 1135x330px
I know this thread is about Defeatist, but would this make Archeops better?
>>
>>26986062
>Defeatist now "Drastically Lowers" your Atk and SpAtk
>only triggers once per match
There you go.
>>
>>26990067
That would make me very happy. Not sure if it'd do much good, but I'd love that.
>>
Defeatist is always going to be a pain in the ass, so I figure that Archeops should at least use the ability to its advantage. So give it Entrainment; it's gimmicky as shit, but in a way it's like giving it Will-O-Wisp that also cuts into Special Attack.
>>
>>26990000
then it would be slow and die before even being able to attack. At least it can try to use roost, status move, or maybe even get a little more damage the way it is now.
>>
>Archeops now has Aerilate as a HA
Did I break it?
>>
File: 1467445031716.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1467445031716.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>26990115
Not going to lie. Entrainment Archeops sounds like tits. I would use and abuse it until Smogon bans it.
>>
>>26990451
>use entrainment on archeops
>replace opponent's lead ability with defeatist
>die same turn
>opponent switched out
>defeatist is gone, and so are your chances of winning
wew lad, would love to see smogon ban that!
>>
>>26989223
It's not?

Earth power, heat wave, ancient power, dragon pulse, focus blast, hidden power

It's best running mixed sets though
>>
>>26986062
I only use him for Quick Guard, Tailwind, and Ally Switch in doubles.
>>
>>26986062
No. Not competitively, but it also goes against flavor.
>>
Archeops carried me in the elite four wtf are you all on about
>>
>>26988959
Archeops has great stats, though.
>>
>>26986062
Just stick it in a team with cofagrious. like with your slaking.

>>26989529
no one use rock because people think its shit.
a rock pokemon that rewards people for using rock is good for rock type.
>>
>>26989128
I'm running a shuckle / cradily combo as my opening duo right now in doubles.
Cradily's storm drain removes one of the team's few remaining weaknesses. And it gives shuckle plenty of time to set up sticky web and rocks
>>
>>26989943
No, literally half atk and sp. Atk when belpw half hp
>>
What if Archeops just didn't have defeatist because better pokemon have other, god tier abilities?
>>
>>26989017
>>26993305
>Rock type
>75 HP
>65 defenses
>great
>>
>>26993705
>Rock stab
>140 attack
>110 speed
>>
>>26993802
>Since Archeops has such a shit typing and stats, I feel like defeatist wouldn't get a chance to kick in if it were hit.
>>
>>26993825
>the only way defeatist wouldn't have a chance to kick in is if Archeops went from above 50% to 0%, mosy likely scenario is a one hit KO
>discussion is clearly about Archeops' ability to take hits
>couldn't extrapolate they clearly implied defensive typing and stats
>>
>>26993845
>using a glass cannon defensively
its not shitty stats, its snowflakes trainers.
>>
>>26986062
defeatist now halves Defense and Sp. Defense
here you go
didn't read the rest, might have been suggested
>>
>>26994062
Now defeatist is just inconsequential though, Almost anything that hits it is going to lower it to 50% in one shot, and is going to finish it off in one more shot regardless.
>>
Make Defeatist act like a life orb that consumes more health.
>>
>>26988650
Weak fire/flying attacks would be due to not knowing rock resistances you dumb fag.
>>
>>26989529
No one ever has more than one rock move in a team. Should be more afraid of ice and electric tbqhf
>>
>>26986062
No.

>>26988495
GF turned my favorite gen 5 pokemon into one of my least favorite with that awful model.

>>26994133
That might make him too good. Imagine Scarfeops with a built in LO and no defeatist halving his attack after two switch ins on SR. Shit would be everywhere.

Honestly his stats do not justify a purely negative ability given that his typing is bad and movepool is mediocre.
>>
>>26986062
defeatist basically means it starts with half health
common items youd use on a frail offensive mon like focus sash or life orb are useless on it because of that
its also weak to rocks which is just appalling since it would effectively start with 25% health switching in on them
you basically cant be good in the situation it is, defensive boosts wouldnt mean shit, the combination of typing, ability and a reliance on weak or inaccurate moves for coverage with no access to priority kills it
best way to fix it would be changing the way defeatist works to actually lower the attack stages on activation instead of being a multiplier then giving it focus energy so it can just crit through the debuff if you give it a turn to set up at the cost of being unable to use acrobatics by forcing the use of a crit boosting item
>>
>>26995471
Honestly, with that ability, his movepool should be insane. I'm talking bolt/beam/thrower/blast
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.