[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>generic design >4x weakness to ground-type >will get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: Togedemaru.png (41KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Togedemaru.png
41KB, 250x250px
>generic design
>4x weakness to ground-type
>will get 420bst at best
>won't even get Flash Cannon
>likely to rot in PU

Has this pikaclone got anything going for it?
>>
Follow Me and a shit ton of resistances.
That's basically it.
>>
>>26983052

Its an electric hedgehog pokemon so you can name it Sonichu
>>
>>26983052
Iron Barbs

it isn't even cute like Dedenne
>>
File: 1467549256526.jpg (82KB, 364x479px) Image search: [Google]
1467549256526.jpg
82KB, 364x479px
Even with the double weakness, its still a Steel type. I'll maybe have it as my Fairy killer for the first run if it actually learns some moves.
>>
>>26983052
Iron Defense
Follow Me

w/Iron Barbs
w/Rocky Helmet
>>
File: autism.png (1MB, 570x788px) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
1MB, 570x788px
Still qt 2 me.
>>
Iron Barbs + Rocky Helmet with this moveset:

>Endure
>Quick Attack
>Nuzzle
>Spikes

Now you have a shitmon that could at best kill one physical mon and maybe even set up spikes or paralyze something!
AMAZING!
>>
>>26983052
If it has decent physical defense and Volt Switch, I think it will be very good at forcing out physical attackers with Iron Barbs/Rocky Head, and then Volt Switching the obvious switch out. It all depend if it stats aren't shit, because the potential is there.
>>
Pachirisu says hello but not to piggy back off that
Give Togedemaru a Balloon and he's good to survive atleast two turns
>>
>>26983323
But during the Stone Age what?
>>
It'd be fun if it got good stats, but it won't.
>>
Iron Barbs + Rocky Helemt w/ Follow Me could be pretty funny to use

It's pretty easy to see when an earthquake is coming anyway
>>
>>26983079
This. It was the Sonichu we need.
>>
>>26983052
It's cute. CUTE!
>>
>>26983052
You can kick it.
>>
If my understanding of the game's development cycle they were in the middle of putting designs together probably around 2014 Worlds, when Pachirisu surprised most of the world watching. I would be completely unsurprised if Togdemaru got Follow Me via breeding/chain breeding, it's defensive typing and abilities have a lot going for it.
>>
>>26983052
DON'T
>>
>>26983052
It's going to be the physical counterpart to Pacharisu, as in its Physical Defense will be astronomical, maybe making it viable for VGC with Follow Me gimmicks.

I also really like how last gen's rat was Electric/Fairy and this one is Electric/Steel, really interesting.
>>
>>26983052
iron barbs + nuzzle
>>
>>26983052

With Iron Barbs and Steel typing, it has potential to be the most viable Pikaclone (which isn't saying much)
>>
>>26983394
During the Stone Age, you would have to tell him twice. How is that not obviously implied?
>>
>Generic design
How? The triangle shapes that prop up into needles is brilliantly creative.
>>
>>26983052
Why do I like this shit? I hate myself
>>
>>26983765
And the one before it was Electric/Flying
>>
>>26984919
It isn't wrong to hate pikachu clones.
>>
>>26985405
But I don't hate it...
I like it. I don't even know why.
>>
All the new Pokemon designs so far are a breath of fresh air. Anyone who can't see that has no idea what the fuck they're doing.
>>
>>26985536
It isn't wrong to like pikachu clones.
>>
File: 13883417010095.jpg (167KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
13883417010095.jpg
167KB, 1024x1365px
>>26983052
it only exists to sell plush and merch. It's a backup pikachu to keep the money in. sure, that one guy found use for pachirisu, but that was 2 gens later
>>
File: togedemaru battling.jpg (25KB, 528x358px) Image search: [Google]
togedemaru battling.jpg
25KB, 528x358px
>Super cute
>Fucking Steel-type
>Iron Barbs + Rocky Helmet
>Lightning Rod to redirect those Electric-moves without needing Follow Me
Nigga this thing is going to be the best pikaclone out there. I love how /vp/ is always wrong about the viability of upcoming Pokemon. I can definitely see this guy being the first pikaclone above PU.
>>
>>26986708
I would genuinely be really happy if it was good but even if it is it probably still won't be good in-game. There's no way they could make it viably defensive while also being strong enough to kill things easily in game.
>>
>>26986721
Well obviously it's not going to be "OU good" or even "UU good", but it's definitely going to be the most viable pikaclone. That thing has ELEVEN resistances and one immunity, which is completely unheard of among pikaclones. Also, I'd like to point out that the BST of pikaclones has slowly been increasing during the past few generations:
>Pachirisu: 405
>Emolga: 428
>Dedenne: 431
>>
680 BST

I wouldn't even be mad.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.