[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.strawpoll.me/10671832/r Which gen introduced th

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: 200px-Pokkén_Mewtwo.png (75KB, 200x401px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Pokkén_Mewtwo.png
75KB, 200x401px
http://www.strawpoll.me/10671832/r

Which gen introduced the best new Pokémon?

inb4 sacred cow Gen 5 wins despite, or even because of, shitboar and shitmonkeys
>>
>>26982898
Hey anon, you're just asking for the best even if Unova has a lot of shitmons.

Sinnoh does too
>>
>>26982898
Hey anon when you voted for Hoenn, you sent us the results you faggot

http://www.strawpoll.me/10671832/
>>
>>26982907
Agreed, but /vp/ will (and apparently is) voting for Gen V over Gen III and Gen I because "muh sacred cow".

Even though Gen III had a similar format but far superior starters and more originality, and Gen I is far more iconic.
>>
>>26982952
Just admit that your opinion is less popular here, you insecure little faggot
>>
>>26983001
No, because I love messing with contrarian pro-American hipsters who hate casuals, genwunners, and Gen I itself.
>>
>all this gen V
you guys are just fucking with the poll right?
>>
>>26983078
No, because we must praise our Lord and Savior Chandelure, for He is the most holy Pokémon design of all time.
>>
File: cute.gif (919KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
cute.gif
919KB, 500x375px
I voted Gen V, but Gen II is a close second. Best starters by far,
>>
File: ishygddt.jpg (85KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
ishygddt.jpg
85KB, 500x628px
>>26983087
>he not she
shiggy those diggys
>>
>>26983110
I thought of that.

>No, because we must praise our Lady and Savior Chandelure, for She is the most holy Pokémon design of all time.
>>
>>26983108
This

but it's Feraligatr
>>
I'm THIS close to snapping and reverting back to the Unovababby I was a few years ago because of the endless fucking praise showered on the generation by various sites, only with more Gen I and VI hate.
>>
File: pokermans-1440x564_c.jpg (105KB, 1440x564px) Image search: [Google]
pokermans-1440x564_c.jpg
105KB, 1440x564px
>>26983128
He's great and all, but I honestly prefer the other two. Best group of starters by far!
>>
>>26983140
?

You can still have your own fucking opinions even if they aren't popular you faggot
>>
>>26983161
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HypeBacklash
>>
Sorry but Gen V has most of my bros, Gen III comes next.. Gen I has the least worst pokémon though.
>>
>>26983182
But anon, Unova gets the most shit here next to Kalos. Most places love that shit show of a region
>>
>>26982898
Voted gen V just to annoy you, OP!
>>
>>26983206
No it doesn't. The common opinion here is Unova best region, and I'm sure people would be happy if GameFreak's mission was accomplished and it served as a new foundation for the franchise, pissing off the genwunners.

>XY are now direct sequels to B2W2, and build on the Unova dex a la GSC
>Alain's star Pokémon is Mega Zoroark instead of Mega Charizard
>Femtwo, Zoroark and Snivy in Smash instead of regular Mewtwo, Charizard and Greninja
>Gen I relegated to "nostalgia only" status like with SMB1 and Zelda 1
>>
>>26983237
People like it because of post game anon. There's a shit ton to do. People hate X and Y because it's a fucking empty region. With nothing to explore

It was the one fucking time game freak had the balls to go, let's make something different
>>
i voted for gen v only because you're a blazing faggot sacred cow, op
>>
>>26983258
ORAS has postgame a plenty and people shit on it for having no Frontier.

And praise Emerald over it just for having a Frontier, even though it otherwise has a fraction of the postgame ORAS has.

Besides that, people also praise Unova as a region as well as its dex despite having Shitboar and the Shitmonkeys in it.
>>
>>26982952
>Gen I is far more iconic
Gen I is only "iconic" because it was the original. There's no other reason to think those designs are the best, when a lot of them are quite bland.

Saying the designs are the best because they're "iconic" is precisely what we call nostalgia blindness.
>>
>>26983279
At this point, B2W2 is basically the Wind Waker/Fire Emblem PoR of the Pokémon fanbase, where contrarian hipsters praise it to no end and attack anybody who dislikes it or prefers the more casual-friendly/nostalgic entries.
>>
>>26983279
>delta episode good postgame full of content

>first battle frontier with 9 facilities empty

A fucking dex can have shitmons in it anon

Case in point Sinnoh
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 264x191px
>>26982898

I don't know why everyone likes the Gen V batch of mons so much. They weren't bad but they were just really.....weird...similar to the jump from Gen II to gen III.

Gen V has too many "ugly" pokemon. basculin existing at all and having no redeeming value pissed me off, the pidove line is hands down the most worthless route 1 bird in the history of the franchise and the redundancy of the monkeys and genies was just straight up laziness. Not to mention every other god damn trainer had the monkeys.

Gen II will always hold a special place in my heart. The pokemon actually "looked" like pokemon there wasn't an over-saturation of legendaries there was a large number of pokemon to choose from and the ratio of cool to derpy pokemon was much better than Gen V
>>
>>26983288
Oh my fucking God, you show up in so many of these threads. Twilight princess was a fucking finished game with content. It's not the X and Y of the series

If anything it's Kanto/Johto as Oot/Mm Hoenn being wind waker, TP being ds games, and Skyword sword being the 3ds
>>
>>26983299
Oh don't get me wrong if this was overall dex I wouldn't vote for it, but it has some of the best designs inside of it. OP only asked for best NEW Pokemon
>>
>>26983292
You forgot the extra legendaries, soaring, mirage spots, etc.

And Unova's shitmons happen to be the more prominent ones (Shitboar is the fire starter and was basically marketed as the Charizard of its gen, the Shitmonkeys are gift Pokémon, your rivals use them consistently, and Cilan had a Pansage throughout the anime).
>>
>>26983332
>Catching legendaries
That's a staple for ever last game of a gen since 3
>soaring
Not postgame
>mirage spots
Not postgame and there's one in RSE

>gym leader used his Pokemon!
What are you even fucking talking about

Starters don't equal a whole gen. OP asked for best new Pokemon, not overall dex
>>
>>26983288
>contrarian hipsters
Even people who hate BW like BW2.
That analogy fits better with BW.
>>
>>26983349
Liking B2W2 and holding it and its region and its Dex as the infallible pinnacle of Pokémon are two different things.
>>
File: emboar profile.jpg (76KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
emboar profile.jpg
76KB, 500x500px
>>26982898
>shitboar
All this salt makes the pork and bacon taste even better
>>
Gen V was almost a reboot of Gen 1 but they did deliver Solosis line, Great bug mons and the second best fossils
>>
>>26983279
>ORAS has postgame a plenty
No it fucking doesn't. ORAS has
>breeding
>dexnav
>amie
>battle maison
>delta episode
>e4 rematches
>contests (fun)
>secret bases (again, so much fun)
>shit ton of legendaries to catch
>mirage islands (?)
>pokedex completion, getting the other starters

It didn't even have a fucking Battle Tower.

BW2:
>PWT (arguably greatest postgame feature)
>Battle Subway
>everything east of Castelia
>a large number of legendaries to catch
>pokedex completion, get your charms for the first time in the series and go get your shiny haxorus in an exclusive area
>white treehollow
>black tower
>rematches against tons of good trainers (alder, n's seasonal teams, colress, hugh, etc)
>elite four rematches
>difficulty settings
>pokestar studios (more content than contests, at least)
>join avenue
>funfest missions
>breeding
>dream world
>hidden grottoes
>memory link
>badges

Probably forgetting some shit

Even in BW:
>arrest sages in postgame
>explore eastern unova
>battle subway (it's a direct improvement of maison, at least)
>pokedex completion
>breeding
>elite four rematches
>bloody musicals
>get people in your black city/white forest to get new pokemon
>use entralink to go into others' games
>dream world

Of course, random matchup and wi-fi battling/trading for all, as well (and you got BP for it only in BW2, which was absolutely great).
>>
>>26983395
Why not just say that they BOTH have a ton of postgame content, rather than saying that glorious Genfive wins over all the other filthy peasant gens by default?
>>
>>26983299
Gen 5 has a lot of my overall favorite pokemon, but I will concede there are some real shitters in that dex. The genies are fine imo because of their different forms, but I don't like the Tepig line and the shit monkeys are literally indefensible.
>>
>>26983418
But they both don't.
>>
>>26983451
Compare ORAS to freaking XY, for one thing. Saying it has less postgame content than BW1 is just 'murican favoritism.
>>
>>26983469
Well yeah X and Y are probably the shittiest games in the franchise and ORAS is miles better than them, but that's not saying much
>>
>>26983480
Shitty games yes, but only compared to SOME of the other Pokémon games; they're good games overall. There are worse games out there, like RBY (except to nostalgiafags) and DP.

As a side note, I'm wondering if Unovababbies unironically fap to Shitboar, or if they have a different mascot (I remember Zekrom was really popular but they'd probably deem him too "edgy" and "mainstream".)
>>
>>26983258
This....Don't get me wrong I could have easily looked past most of XY's flaws if there was actually stuff to do post game aside from one new town, maison, looker stuff and Friend safari(awesome btw)

Then there's those fucking locked power plant doors in the desert. Why are they even there aside from being gone giant tease?

>>26983279
I enjoyed ORAS more than XY. Yeah I would have really loved the frontier but there's certainly more to do compared to XY.
Copy and paste maison still irks me though.

>>26983395
three other things off the top of my head
>Memory link related goodies(battleable Cheren/Bianca with their original BW team depending on the starter you picked)
>N's pokemon(all 30 ivs)
>infinite rare candy breeder
>>
>>26983498
It's Zoroark.
>>
>>26983546
Explain?
>>
>>26983078
Most probably just one guy who keeps changing IPs
That's how autistic Unovabortions are
>>
>>26983590
(You) really want it don't you
>>
can't we all get along?
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.