[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the most baffling thing that you've seen in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: 760430.jpg (37KB, 318x393px) Image search: [Google]
760430.jpg
37KB, 318x393px
What's the most baffling thing that you've seen in Pokemon? Be it a mechanic, design choice, Pokemon, etc, anything that made you think 'what the fuck were they thinking?'
>>
Stealth Rock being introduced alongside Garchomp and Lucario, for making things as almost unbalanced as in Gen I.
>>
Remoraid -> Octillary
>>
Following pokémon outside of Yellow. It looked like shit.

Sinnoh's underground, while super fun, sorta came out of nowhere.

Sky battles were good in theory but executed poorly.
>>
>>26973559
Fairy type. You think after 4 generations the types would be set in stone but apparently not so. I can't be the only one that accepted the idea of mega evolution more easily than it. Really makes you wonder about gen 7 and what else they can change.
>>
>>26973662
I liked fairy, I just didn't like it being added to past pokemon.
>>
File: xerneas_official_illustration.jpg (2MB, 1920x1373px) Image search: [Google]
xerneas_official_illustration.jpg
2MB, 1920x1373px
>>26973662
>>26973788

I like the Fairy type as concept as well, I just hate how it's literally "cute waifubait: the type", with like three exceptions. I have high hipes for Gen 7 in that regard, Tapu Koko is topu tier.
>>
Gen 6.
>>
>>26973559
>RPG
>competitive

>friendship
>selfish
>>
>>26973597
Its a gun evolving into a turret
>>
>>26973836
Consider the following: there are people who like cute/girly things (not in a sexual way) AND they play Pokémon AND they pay GameFreak money! Wild, I know.

Most types cater to a taste, with some exceptions in them, and there's nothing wrong with that. Fighting is muh manly type, Dark is muh edgy type, Dragon is muh 10-year-old's-idea-of-power type, Bug is muh weird type, etc.
>>
>>26974604
Then why doesn't the fish stay a fish. I think they could've pulled off a turret fish and not make him an octopus.
>>
>>26973854
Thats now how you type gen 1...
>>
>>26973559
Any time they remove a mechanic after introducing it. So long Amie and Super Training
>>
File: IMG_0358.jpg (16KB, 300x232px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0358.jpg
16KB, 300x232px
>>26974679
This actually sounds like a intresting topic for a thread.
What soes Ground cater too?
>>
Wonder Launcher
Mega Mom
Primal Reversion
Knock Off Buffs
>>
Some of you guys are gonna hate SM.

Shit is wild, senpai.
>>
>>26974763
Those people who are well grounded.
>>
File: 1467498245381.jpg (99KB, 944x712px) Image search: [Google]
1467498245381.jpg
99KB, 944x712px
>>26974803
>Some of you gugs are ganna hate SM
Really?
>>
>>26974763
I don't know. Fairy is my favorite type, while Fighting is the one I like the least AS a type, which makes enough sense.

But in terms of number of Pokémon themselves, Torterra is the only ground type I really like, while I do like quite a few Fighting types. I just can't seem to get into Ground Pokémon and I have no idea why. Their aesthetic just doesn't appeal to me. I think it's that most are just ugly, without being cool or weird.
>>
>>26974782
>Mega Mom

This and Mega Fug's BST being higher than Arceus are the only times were I thought "what were they ACTUALLY thinking?"

They're probably gonna come up with some Arceus Creator Form or something for the DP remakes that's even more powerful. And then next generation they make something EVEN more powerful. Sigh.
>>
>>26974763
Pussies who can't handle Rock.

>>26974679
I'd argue Psychic is the weird type. Look at shit like Jynx, Sigilyph, all of the aliens, Bruxish...

I'd say Bug is the underdog type. A lot of cool, tough-looking lines that can be easily swatted away by common moves.
>>
>>26973662
Fairy type was a necessary evil that they had to add eventually after the physical/special split. It made attack combos like dark/fighting a thing and gave physical stab to dragons.
>>
>>26974880
I mean, more than usual. Imaging Wottergate + Mega Evolution Reveal + Greninja "leak" for how bad reaction is gonna be.
>>
>500-600 attacks
>only 100 TMs
>there are TMs that the majority of pokemon can't learn

For what purpose?
>>
Nidorina and Nidoqueen cannot breed, but Nidoran-F can.
>>
The incenses used to breed certain babies. Luckily they're gone in SM.
>>
The sheer inconsistency GF has when balancing their pokemon.

For every pokemon they seem to do right, another 6 seem to get shit on in some way or form. Talonflame and Diggersby were great examples of how early route mons dont have to be shit and even Vivillon focused itself in speed and special attack so it wouldnt waste time trying to take a hit it was never going to be able to take. But then you get things like Pryoar, a special attacker with a shit movepool and not a single ability that could be used to any real potential. 2 Grass/Ghost types in the same gen, who were both based off physical attack despite one having access to some decent fire moves on the special side of the spectrum. The fact that Dedenne didnt even get Dazzling Gleam or any form of fairy special attack. And Aurorus, what a waste. Who thought a slow rock/ice type would do anything but die immediately.

And this isint just sixth gen. So many pokemon end up getting fucked by shitty abilities, zero movepools or retarded stat spreads that meld with the pokemon's talents.

I understood why in the past pokemon (for the most part) progressively got better. The only way to play with others was to buy link cables which not every kid could afford, so it helped to have a scaling of monsters so kids could try out weak mons and slowly switch them out for better ones. But sixth gen has shown its possible to make early route mons good, and I would like to see them improve in this area of the game. Im tired of pokemon like Krickitune, where its so absolutely shit, its not even useful at the beginning of the game.
>>
Durant's hidden ability being truant.

Why the fuck? Why is that its hidden ability?

Why? FOR WHAT PURPOSE?
>>
>>26975458
Because it's TRUly an ANT.
>>
>>26975424
>Who thought a slow rock/ice type would do anything but die immediately.
Literally the only slow Ice-type that works at all is Avalugg, and even then Sturdy and Mirror Coat (and Counter? I can't remember if it learns that) basically turns it into a one-trick pony that can pull off all of ONE attack before getting knocked out.
>>
>>26975424
>>26975627
Have you used Aurorus even? It's not top tier material but it's definitely usable. While it has a bad defensive type combo, it's good offensively, and Aurorus has a wide movepool and two powerful abilities. Comparing to Avalugg (no special defense, spinner that's weak to rocks, extremely passive) is not really possible.
Really, aurorus is a unique offensive mon that's let down by a bad stat spread. It's impossible to play it defensively.
>>
>>26975458
Entrainment.
But I agree
>>
>>26975750
The point is that ice/rock is a straight up offensive typing, but the stupid thing is slow as dicks and has some of the worst stat allocation I've ever seen. Not to mention it learns no fucking moves. It's like they weren't even thinking when they were making it.
>>
>>26975800
>no moves
are you sure? I think it has a pretty great movepool, if you overlook "no power gem". It has great stuff like freeze-dry, earth power, thunder wave, stealth rock, calm mind, etc. Not to mention some surprising physical moves.
>>
>>26975585
but what about the japanese version?
Supposed to be ironic anyways as ants are supposed to be hard workers, thus truant is the hidden or rare ability that is not commong among them.
>>
>>26976033
thus, their hidden ability represents their wish to be lazy in a world where hard work is their life-long duty.
>>
>>26976045
That actually kind of sounds like the average jap
>>
>>26974938
Mega mewtwo's bst was already higher than arceus'
>>
>>26975284
It's a message about how we are now waiting too late to have kids, anon.
>>
Ghost being physical and dark being special pre-gen4
>>
Megas.
It's fine as a concept, but so many Pokemon who got Megas really didn't need them, and a lot of them look awful. It should've been kept only for Pokemon who have evolved twice and are still shit, with a few exceptions.
>>
>>26973650
>Following pokémon outside of Yellow. It looked like shit.
>everybody in the pokemon fandom unanimously likes thing
>contrarians come out of the woodwork and proclaim how much they hate this popular thing
In my opinion, following pokemon was neat because it added a nice feeling of actually adventuring with pokemon.
What do you think?
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.