[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people always say that stall is "easy"? I ladder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Why do people always say that stall is "easy"? I ladder around 1400-1500 in Ubers and OU, and I can say from experience that stall is by far the hardest playstyle.

I really can't tell if people are just saying it's easy because they're buttblasted about losing to it, or they really just don't have experience.

Let's take standard Deo-S HO for example. I often hear people say that " If you mess up in HO, you lose. You can mess up in stall and still win". The thing to understand is that making one fuck-up while using stall has the same effects as a fuck-up in HO, it's just that the game itself takes longer, leading to the illusion that you can mess up without being punished.

What's your opinion on the matter? This isn't a thread on Smogon/bans or anything, this is just about the illusion that stall is easy to play.
>>
Stall is the playstyle that needs the most skill in Ubers for sure. I commend any playstyle that doesn't just slap on a Groudon, E Killer Arceus and Xerneas and calls it a day.
>>
>>26971376
>Ubers
>OU
Ayy lmao, play real tiers, not babby's first smogon visit.
>>
>>26971442
Fuck off. No one wants to play your pussy 4 vs 4 or 3 vs 3 formats.

6 vs 6 is the man's choice. Children who can't take strategic teambuilding not allowed.
>>
I love the idea of setting my own pace to the game.
>>
>>26971419
If you arent running extremkiller, geoxern, and pdon, you're going to lose. Thats the thing.

Ubers is definetely the most overcentralized smogon tier, still not as much as vgc though, but that's one of the reasons I like it. It's also the easiest IMO, since everything revolves around them.
>>
>>26971472
He was refering to UU and under
>>
>>26971472
>strategic teambuilding

>M-Sableye
>Chansey
>Amoonguss
>Quagsire
>Clefable
>Talonflame.
Am I a Smogon pro now?
>>
>>26971376
>The thing to understand is that making one fuck-up while using stall has the same effects as a fuck-up in HO, it's just that the game itself takes longer, leading to the illusion that you can mess up without being punished.

That's grossly inaccurate, the reason being stall packs reliable recovery on every mon, a cleric to deal with status that they mind, and both a hazard preventer and a hazard remover. HO cannot say the same, so every mistake racks up. However, recognizable real mistakes for each playstyle differ, so they're hard to compare in the first place. Plus the size of a mistake can vary.

For example, leaving Quagsire in on Infernape without scouting first is a big mistake since Grass Knot costs the stall user a team slot/role. Leaving Chansey in on a Knock Off Serperior instead of say going to Amoonguss is a small mistake that can be dealt with. HO works on a timer, since every wrong move can't necessarily be recovered from.
>>
>>26972035
>no Skarm

You just lost to birdspam git gud
>>
>>26972137
>spam recover until bird is low hp
>use toxic on bird when it roosts
>continue spamming recover
smartest and most elegant playstyle
>>
>>26972198
You lose a mon every time it comes in on Amoonguss, which something like Keldeo can force in.

Not to mention Mega Pinsir's Return has no recoil.
>>
You're playing stall at 1500 where people fuck up a lot and let certain set up sweepers fuck shit up, at 1700 or higher stall is just the safest playstyle.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.