[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /vp/. So I ran a text-based Pokémon RPG for several years,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: AeonDex Work.png (520KB, 904x2349px) Image search: [Google]
AeonDex Work.png
520KB, 904x2349px
Hey, /vp/. So I ran a text-based Pokémon RPG for several years, but we never got it off the ground as well as we would've liked. Fast forward to now, and I really, /really/ need some sort of creative outlet. So I'm thinking about make my region (Aeon) into a hack or fan-game, or continuing progress on the TRPG forum if nothing else. My question is: based on our dex, would this be a game anyone would be interested in playing? Which medium would you prefer?

Pic is the Aeon Dex, and a region map.
They all have names, dex entries, movesets, stats, good to go.
>>
File: AeonEvoDex.png (107KB, 414x1221px) Image search: [Google]
AeonEvoDex.png
107KB, 414x1221px
And the Evodex.

We've forgone Fairy in favor of the Light type (mostly because this was all made before Fairy existed lol), but that could change. Ionno.
>>
>>26968490
kys
>>
File: lighttypechart.gif (13KB, 373x344px) Image search: [Google]
lighttypechart.gif
13KB, 373x344px
Type chart with Light specifics.
Super Effective: Poison, Ghost, Ice, Dark
Not Very Effective: Fire, Electric, Light
Immune: Grass
>>
>>26968529
You first. (:
>>
>>26968550
no u
>>
>>26968554
Are you actually going to contribute, or are you just bored?
>>
>>26968557
>implying there's any discussion at all
>>
File: aeonmap.gif (9KB, 288x296px) Image search: [Google]
aeonmap.gif
9KB, 288x296px
Region map w/ town directory.
>>
>>26968565
Okay then. You go ahead and keep bumping my thread.

inb4 passive-aggressive sage
>>
>>26968569
yeah I'm pretty generous keeping this post up front. it still won't make anybody actually interested though
>>
Bumping! I would actually play this anon. I love some of the designs. I'm getting a bit of fantasy/mystical vibe from the mons. I think this would be better with essentials although I know nothing about creating games but I personally enjoy fan games more than hacks. Maybe go to pokecommunity or relic castle instead? Since you're not getting any decent responses here.
>>
>>26968587
I'll take my chances. But thanks for the input. (:
>>
>>26968597
Thank you! I downloaded Essentials, it's just a matter of getting used to it. The coding part especially. I've never heard of Relic Castle, I'll make up a post for PC though.
>>
>>26968609
make the fan game with rpg maker mv so you don`t have limitations
>>
>>26968621
Would I be able to pirate it? I'm really leaning towards a fan game, I think that would be awesome.
>>
File: TeslaOfficer.gif (2KB, 80x80px) Image search: [Google]
TeslaOfficer.gif
2KB, 80x80px
One of the regions teams (there are several) is the Tesla Force. Tesla is the equivalent of the police in America; some have good intentions, most are corrupt. There's a "good" team, a "bad" team, and Tesla is neutral. Some good, some very bad.
>>
I want the plot to center around the entire region being in the midst of a revolution, but that might be too...un-Pokémon. But I'll probably do it anyways.

One of the reasons I posted: if a reasonably talented trainer spriter sees this post, would you be willing to do some spriting for this project? That's one of the things that I'd really need someone to help with.
>>
Bumpin' before I go to sleep. Might repost later tonight, who knows.
>>
>>26968490
>Not a single pixel of this image is for public use
Can someone teach me how to make a romhack so I can steal these designs and claim it mine?
>>
>>26968660
>most are corrupt

Autism
>>
Stop shilling your shitty cliche concepts here
>>
>>26968660
>equivalent of the police in America
>most are corrupt
Someone doesn't live in America.
>>
>>26968621
>make the fan game with rpg maker mv so you don`t have limitations

This won't work. The entire reason people use RMXP with Essentials is because essentials completely changes the coding of it to work like a Pokémon game. You won't be able to plug and play a Pokémon game at all with RMMV unless you know how to use Ruby to change everything.
>>
>>26968999
>making a fakemon romhack
lol kys
>B-but OP
Not a romhack
>>
>>26969827
>being black
>>
>>26968490
Am I seeing a Soul Eater character right in the lower-right?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.