[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With all the Mother Unova worship circlejerk going on on this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: black-3-box.png (904KB, 1000x899px) Image search: [Google]
black-3-box.png
904KB, 1000x899px
With all the Mother Unova worship circlejerk going on on this board, would /vp/ be happy if GF decided to do Gen 5 pandering instead of Gen I pandering?

Meaning:
>Every game builds on B2W2, which is now treated as the OoT/SFII of the franchise, bringing back its Pokédex and features with some games adding more chapters to the Team Plasma plot
>Serperior becomes the franchise's star starter instead of Charizard
>The Unova starters and legendaries have new forms (not necessarily megas) that are deliberately designed to be whimsical and cool but not edgy
>BW and B2W2 are released on the Wii U virtual console
>Merchandise now features Hilbert, Hilda and N more prominently than Red
>The Kanto starters and legendaries are relegated to "nostalgia character" status similar to 8-bit Mario and Link
>>
>>26962695
I actually wouldn't mind too much, but I'm perfectly happy with how they're treated right now. I do think they were the pinnacle of the franchise, though.
>>
>>26962695
Sorry, I can't endorse anything that would put the worst-designed starters and legends in the spotlight. Serperior is garbage.
>>
No.
I would be happy if they kept the things that most fans liked about it instead of catering to smartphone kids.
>>
>>26962695
I wouldn't. We've seen enough of Unova between BW and BW2. Leave it be, and keep moving forward.

Maybe introduce the Original Dragon in a future gen, like Perfect Zygarde.
>>
>>26962760
That's the thing; the franchise would cater only to "true fans" who enjoy tons of deep features and fresh experiences rather than dwelling upon nostalgia and trying to bring in smartphone kiddies.
>>
>>26962695
Or we could just like, y'know, have new regions and new stories like normal.

And if Serperior became the star starter of the Franchise I'd still be in the same place of not particularly caring for the star starter of the franchise.
>>
>>26962776
Staying on Unova would cater to the nostalgia of Unovababbies though, and leave the other games behind.
>>
Unova's update can come years from now. The mechanics in Gen V aren't even close to outdated enough for pandering. Kanto requires that update more so.
>>
>>26962695
It has nothing to do with pandering specifically to Unova, the problem is that the games after gen 5 were objectively worse.
>>
>>26962695
>Every game builds on B2W2, which is now treated as the OoT/SFII of the franchise, bringing back its Pokédex and features with some games adding more chapters to the Team Plasma plot
Since when did ANY Pokémon game do this with RBY other than GSC?

>Serperior becomes the franchise's star starter instead of Charizard
Shit taste.

>The Unova starters and legendaries have new forms (not necessarily megas) that are deliberately designed to be whimsical and cool but not edgy
I'd be okay with that. I'd be okay with that happening to any Pokémon.

>Merchandise now features Hilbert, Hilda and N more prominently than Red
Hilbert and N are my OTP and Hilda is top waifu material. PLZ

>The Kanto starters and legendaries are relegated to "nostalgia character" status similar to 8-bit Mario and Link
This. Cannot. Come. Soon. Enough.
>>
>>26962793
Because half of /vp/ consists of Unovababbies.

I can see /vp/ rejoicing when Pokémon Null Black and Void White are announced, and then bashing it when it's revealed that the Kanto starters and legendaries are available during the post-game while Funfest missions and Join Avenue have been removed.
>>
>>26962793
Staying on ANY Pokémon game would cater to the nostalgia of the babies who grew up with those games. Shit argument.
>>
>>26962695
>legendaries have new forms
Why would the Unova legendaries need new forms? The only ones that don't have different forms already are the main 3 swords of justice and the cover duo, if you only count their fusions with Kyurem as Kyurem forms.
>>
>>26962760
I think everyone here would be happier if they stopped pandering and just focused on the games and features only. But that's not OP's question. It's whether you would like Gen 1 pandering or Gen 5 pandering the best. Choosing "no pandering" is not an option.
>>
>>26962828
>Because half of /vp/ consists of Unovababbies.
Compared to the rest of the fandom that consists half of Genwunners. There isn't much of a difference.
>>
>>26962828
I'd be super mad if those were removed
>>
>>26962924
But they're BW remakes, not Unova remakes :^)
>>
>>26962932
This logic is why I hate ORAS
>>
>>26962695
I'd let them do whatever they want as long as if they were a cute girl with presentable tits to show us all in exchange hint hint ;)
>>
>>26962828
>>26962695

>genwars
>on /vp/

Most /vp/ is around since gen 1 since we mostly kick out newfags, since you don't know that, and thinks we do genwars here, it's proof that you are shitposting. Did someone made you mad/triggered enough to shitpost?
>>
>>26963408
OP's too underaged to know /vp/ don't care for this shit, look at the poster count, OP's samefagging and even arguing against its own arguments. I'm betting OP's some kind of little kid.
>>
>>26963428
This, from the way OP writes, it's either a little kid or some weird fat girl, like that one anons were trolling in that other thread. Either way, lack of mods + cellphones means OP is not banned yet.
>>
>>26963428
>OP's too underaged to know /vp/ don't care for this shit,

Yeah, I could've give a lesser shit over which gen kids are whining against, about now, and this kind of whining never happened here before last year, when you know who started using /vp/ to his daily shitpost so he could autistically cry and forget his pathetic Neet life.

It's either him or like >>26963448 said, that fat girl that gets trolled here everytime she comes. I hope it's her because I read that thread and there's some weird talk about her showing her tits in exchange for people being her friends or some weird shit like that.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.