[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will /vp/ ever understand that not liking a Pokemon or thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: 250px-569Garbodor.png (67KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-569Garbodor.png
67KB, 250x250px
Will /vp/ ever understand that not liking a Pokemon or thinking a Pokemon is ugly doesn't make it a badly designed Pokemon?
>>
>>26961955
B-BUT I DON'T LIKE IT
IT MUST BE OBJECTIVELY TERRIBLE
>>
>>26961955
OP can you post 5 ugly but well designed pokemon and then
5 badly designed pokemon
>>
>I don't like the pokemon so that means it has a shit design.
>>
>>26961986
>5 badly designed pokemon
There are no badly designed Pokemon anon. Each Pokemon's design does exactly what's it's supposed to and represents the concept it was going for.
>>
>>26961986
>Ugly, good designs
Bruxish
Vanilluxe
Garbador
Probopass
Tapu Koko or whatever his name is

>Just plain bad
Cryogonal is the only one
>>
>>26962022
Nah, some pokemon fail at what it was going for.

Zoroark for example failed at being as popular as aurafurfag.
>>
>>26962045
>Tapu Koko or whatever his name is
In what way is Tapu Koko ugly?
>>
>>26962061
Zoroark's concept wasn't POPULAR MASCOT SHILL POKEMON, it was illusion. It failing as a mascot doesn't mean it failed as a design or concept.
>>
File: 110_700.jpg (129KB, 700x568px) Image search: [Google]
110_700.jpg
129KB, 700x568px
Post your favorite ugly-mon.
>>
>>26962092
If a design fails at catering to the market it was made for and not having the right feedback for the effort put into it, then it is a failure.

It's like spending years designing a camping tent but once it goes into stores, it doesn't sell at all, it is a failure despite fitting every criteria of being a tent.
>>
>>26962045
Garbador is ugly and bad, you already fucked up.
>>
File: 250px-Tapu_Koko.png (51KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Tapu_Koko.png
51KB, 250x250px
>>26962071
Stick figure body
Overly intricate patterns on its body/eyes
Dumbass hair
The lower body...tentacles? Things?
The beak hands
The fact that it's a Fairy with nothing design wise prompting it
Really, the only thing keeping it from being genuinely awful is the bird-head disguise. I'd want to see the other guardians to compare however, because those might explain the otherwise questionable design choices
>>
File: 1367672712458.jpg (196KB, 600x550px) Image search: [Google]
1367672712458.jpg
196KB, 600x550px
>>26962094
I love how crazy Magmortar looks.
>>26962045
>Vaniluxe
>Ugly
It's cute. A little TOO cute.
>>26962022
You say Likcy Licky is a good design?
There are so many fanarts of Lickitung evo...
>>
What makes a Pokémon well designed?
>>
File: 15mi9708.jpg (147KB, 468x703px) Image search: [Google]
15mi9708.jpg
147KB, 468x703px
>>26962167
>Overly intricate patterns on its body/eyes
Pic related
>Dumbass hair
It's the chicken hair for when the mask closes
>The lower body...tentacles? Things?
It's a dancer's skirt
>The beak hands
It's part of a totem pole, it makes the chicken head when it closes
>The fact that it's a Fairy with nothing design wise prompting it
It's a mythical guardian
>>
>>26962232
Intention behind the design, concept. Trubbish is meant to look like trash because that's the concept. It' wouldn't work if Trubbish looked like stack of leaves with tits.
>>
>>26962171
>You say Likcy Licky is a good design?
Look up Big Boy Burgers.
>>
Literally a ice cream
Literally trash
Literally a gear
>>
The kling klang line is bad, not because of it's looks but conceptually it doesn't progress well.

If they skipped the middle evolution, and made a better end evolution the line would be far better.
>>
>>26965033
bug pokemon progress drastically. between bug pokemon stages you often see huge changes.

not all pokemon are this way however. dragon pokemon often change incrementally. steel pokemon also don't change very much between stages, evolving in a measured incremental fashion.
>>
>>26964997
Explain what makes them bad designs
>>
>>26962167
>The fact that it's a Fairy with nothing design wise prompting it

It's a guardian that is said to play or fight with whoever it shows interest in since it's very curious.

Plus I'm more than happy to see GameFreak make a Fairy type that isn't stereotypically cute, since it'll open the doors for more varied designs.
>>
>>26964997
>Literally a ice cream
it's not though

>Literally trash
what the fuck are you throwing out that looks exactly like this

>Literally a gear
This is the only actually indefensible one that you listed.
>>
>>26965033
I think it's badly designed gameplay-wise. Klinklang should be Steel/Electric with some more special attack.
>>
File: klinklang.gif (331KB, 124x72px) Image search: [Google]
klinklang.gif
331KB, 124x72px
>>26965033

It should have gone Klink (Gears) => Klinklang (Power Source) => Some kind of mechanical construct powered by the internal power source/gears.

Also, why the fuck does it not get Rapid Spin?
>>
It's all opinion mate, you can think it's a bad design but like the Pokemon easily, sometimes you like it because of that. But 700+ and on going there certainly are dozens of "bad" designs. Jynx is definitively bad because a change was necessary to keep it around.
>>
File: 1467385692118.png (681KB, 1024x716px) Image search: [Google]
1467385692118.png
681KB, 1024x716px
>>26962167
No, fuck you. Tapu Koko a best.

A BEST I SAY!
>>
>>26965033
I personaly think its amazing only one gear really grows as this is how many machines evolved.
>>26965354
Because it can't spin itself- just parts of the body.
>>
>>26965627
>It's all opinion mate, you can think it's a bad design but like the Pokemon easily,
Anon, there is bad design. You can think a Pokemon is ugly or uncool, but that doesn't make it bad. Bad design has to do with concept and idea.

>Jynx is definitively bad because a change was necessary to keep it around.
American soccer moms complaining because of imaginary racism is not a bad design, it's a problem with society
>>
>>26967083
>Anon, there is bad design
*no bad design
>>
>>26962232
It's Genwunness mostly
>>
>>26962232
it has to be cool like charizard!!!
>>
Garbodor is one of my favourite Pokemon though.

My favourite typing is Poison and I like Muk / Weezing / Garbodor.

Obviously there's a theme I like, but if that isn't what Pokemon is all about then I don't even.

Pokemon are designed to be liked by a few specific people- thus creating diversity. When you see them in Battle you know that the person must really like them. Or they have fucking stupid retard stats that I HAVE NO IDEA WHY GAME FREAK DOES THAT.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.