[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /vp/, So, I haven't played Pokemon since I was 10 -

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Hi /vp/,

So, I haven't played Pokemon since I was 10 - the last game I played was Pokemon Gold but I had the Red Blue and Yellow games before that.

My uncle does post-move removals for a living and found a case with a 3DS with a few games, one of which is Pokemon Y.

Started playing, and expected to be bombarded with all these new names and new Pokemon, a different setting and drastically altered gameplay. Turns out the gameplay is pretty much the same but with (relatively) up-to-date graphics (obviously). Also recognised a tonne of the Pokemon like Pidgey and Weedle and all those so massive childhood flashbacks.

But I don't want to be adverse when it comes to the newer Pokemon. However I checked today and there's now over 700? Anyone got any tips for which Pokemon I should steer clear of? I should be fine with the strong Pokemon I remember from the first games like Pidgeot and Graveller but I don't want to waste my time giving loads of experience to Pokemon that just wont make the cut since the game takes time to complete.

Could I just have a quick crash course of the last 14 years of Pokemon please?
>>
>Pidgeot
>Graveler
>strong

Dude, it's fucking Pokémon. You can finish the story mode with six Rattatas if you want.
>>
Just catch some of the "new" Pokémon. Train them.
>>
What I mean is I don't want to waste the experience points if the Pokémon starts to wane halfway through the game when actually strong Pokemon started appearing. So for example in blue version I had a Raticake that completely schooled everything up until that gym in the same place as the safari game, and after that it lost 90% of the time. I don't want that again.
>>
>>26957193
If you remotely know what you're doing even a Magikarp can prove not to be dead weight. Just use anything you think looks cool, really.
>>
It's a game for kids, anon. If you aren't incompetent at all whatever you catch and train will carry you.
>>
X/Y is even easier than the already easy pokémon games. Use anything
>>
>>26957193
You can use anything you want if you have the EXP Share turned on. You'll be higher level than the champion if you do that. Trainers also have very few Pokemon. X/Y is easy even by Pokemon standards, provided you know type matchups. Most Pokemon types can be guessed pretty easily, just remember that steel is immune to poison but has lost its resistance to dark and ghost for some reason. Fairy is weak to poison and steel. That's about it when it comes to type matchups, but you should probably keep a chart handy or something.
>>
>>26956968
XY was intentionally designed to be familiar to the old crowd, so it's not surprising you're running into a lot of familiar faces. I mean, the first forest is literally a copy-paste of the original Viridian Forest, albeit with a couple of extra new Pokemon included.

But as the others said, you shouldn't need to worry too much about what Pokemon you're using. Just use the ones you think look fun or interesting, and try not to think too hard about it. In the main game almost any Pokemon is at least functional, and if you decide one of your Pokemon isn't holding up with the rest, it's really not difficult to replace them, either by getting a freshly caught Pokemon or training one of the ones you caught a while back.

I suppose the only thing that's important is making sure your Pokemon has a broad variety of moves of different types; a Kadabra with Psybeam, Psychic, and Psycho Cut is going to fall flat if it comes up against something that resists Psychic type moves for example.

Oh, and it's probably worth checking to see if your Pokemon's attack or special attack is higher. Unlike in the original games where a move scaled off of attack or special attack depending on its type (Fire type moves always used Special Attack, Fighting always used Attack, etc), different moves in the same type work off of different stats. An Arcanine with 100 Attack and 50 Special Attack is going to get much more out of say Fire Fang, which uses the Attack stat to determine the damage, than Flamethrower, which would use the Special Attack. If they're about the same then fuck it, go wild.
>>
>>26956968
Why would you need advice of whic creature to steer away from? Just go explore and catch anything of your liking, diversity is one of the beautiful things of the franchise
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.