[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the fact we've seen neither hide nor hair of Mega Evolution

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

So the fact we've seen neither hide nor hair of Mega Evolution makes it increasingly obvious we're dropping the mechanic in Gen 7?
>>
>>26956007
We havent seen gym leaders yet, it means we're dropping them in gen 7
>>
>>26956007
We havent seen HMs yet, it means we're dropping them in gen 7
>>
>>26956007
We havent seen elite 4 yet, it means we're dropping it in gen 7
>>
We havent seen items yet, it means we're dropping them in gen 7
>>
We haven't seen double battles yet, it means we're dropping it in gen 7
>>
>>26956007
They won't be dropped but I feel we won't get access to them until post game in order to make room for whatever the bracelet crystal does
>>
>>26956007
Na, it's gonna get combined with the new synchro/burst mechanic.
>>
>>26956007
So the fact we've seen neither hide nor hair of hundreds of other Pokemon makes it increasingly obvious we're dropping them in Gen 7?
>>
We haven't seen ice-types yet, it means we're dropping it in gen 7.
>>
File: 9090.png (430KB, 553x324px) Image search: [Google]
9090.png
430KB, 553x324px
>>26956056
BTFO
>>
>>26956012
>>26956020
>>26956029
>>26956046
>>26956056
>>26956103
>>26956108

I know you guys are being retarded on purpose, but there's quite obviously a difference between core mechanics of the series and a generational gimmick.

Unless you guys think following Pokemon is coming back.
>>
>>26956124
>following Pokemon is coming back.
Of course it's coming back, it will be present in the DP remakes.
>>
>>26956137
>DP had following Pokemon

???
>>
>>26956124
Mega Evos ARE one of the core mecahnics since gen 6. There are almost 50 official forms. They wont vanish, specially seeing how crazy popular some of them are.

Thats like saying GF will erase Lucario or Charizard from the games. Retard level hard
>>
>>Amity Square
Sure it was only like 10 of them but it was better than nothing.
>>
Remove megas? No. But I'm not sure if theyre going to make new ones.
>>
>>26956156
This is for >>26956142
>>
>>26956124
If they dropped any of those, they weren't core mechanics but just generational gimmicks that remained a few gens.

This is the retard logic you're using.
>>
>>26956150
>That's like saying GF will erase Lucario or Charizard from the games. Retard level hard

Or like saying GF would add a new type and rebalance the type chart 17 years in, or like saying GF would create a Gen with no new regional dex Pokemon, or like saying GF would do the Special/Physical Split, retconning the first 10 years of the series.
>>
>>26956172
But they're not generational gimmicks by virtue of them remaining a few gens, you mong. Unless you consider the special/physical types before Gen 4 to be "generational gimmicks".

Mega Evo was literally made to sell merch, not to stick around as a core mechanic, especially not with what they did to the meta.
>>
>>26956176
Thats different, all your examples were about adding stuff (and yes you can catch old mons in BW in the post game), not about removing them for good.
GF wont erase megas, if you seriously think that then im worried about your sanity
>>
>>26956187
>especially not with what they did to the meta.
Something GF doesn't give a fuck about.
>>
>>26956196
>adding stuff
The physical special split literally retconned the entire first 10 years of the game.

>and yes you can catch old mons in BW in the post game

Hey retard, do you not know what a "regional dex" is?

>>26956197
Yeah, that's why they rebalanced the type chart :^)
>>
>>26956203
>rebalanced the type chart
Yep they sure did, that's why ice types are now useful and not shit right?
>>
>>26956203
>The physical special split literally retconned the entire first 10 years of the game.
So? They didnt remove anything, tehy cahnged stuff

>Hey retard, do you not know what a "regional dex" is?
Hey retard do you know that every game switches to antional dex in the post game?
>>
>>26956007
You actually.. ACTUALLY think they'll get rid of Megas? Are you fags allergic to being right or something? Youre an idiot.

God, /vp/ just blows my mind sometimes. I bet you thought this was Gen 6.5 too.
>>
>>26956216
>every game switches to a national dex in the post game

Huh, it's almost like I did by stressing the fact that there were no new pokemon in the regional dex, you fucking moron. In case you missed it

>>26956176
>would create a Gen with no new regional dex Pokemon

Do you see how much of a retard you are yet?
>>
>>26956007
This is literally "Zygarde forms are anime exclusive" all over again. Some retards believe in their imaginary theories "They havent shown megas yet so megas were removed". No logic, no realism, will be BTFO again
>>
>>26956219
He's a retard just like those
>grubbin doesn't evolve to charjabug
and the >muh rockruff is a fourth starter
Fags.
>>
>>26956237
>>26956230
>>26956219

Okay so either Megas are

1. A generational gimmick and thus something we'll leave behind especially considering what it did to the meta

or

2. A new core mechanic that is based not on competitive play but on marketing merchandise by giving new forms to nostalgiamons and Pokemon with bigger fanbases

Which explanation would more likely result in absolutely no buzz or promotional material featuring Mega evolutions?
>>
>>26956227
Whats the deal with regional dex though? Hows that supposed to back up your theory about removing megas? Did regional dex with only new mons removed old mons from the game? No. So stop spewing bullshit
>>
>>26956230
>>26956237
I swear, it's like there's a quota of "retarded, baseless theories" that needs to be filled every month here or something. It's fucking relentless.
>>
>>26956246
>Which explanation would more likely result in absolutely no buzz or promotional material featuring Mega evolutions?
Hmmm lets see, they just started the actual campaign in May. its been two months since then and they showed tons of new stuff since its a brand new gen. We're still almost 5 months away from the games that means almost 5 more months of promotion and reveals.
>>
File: irresponsible opinions.png (803KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
irresponsible opinions.png
803KB, 960x720px
>>26956246
>>
>>26956246
>hurr it fucked up the meta

M8, its clear this is your first generation dealing with competitive. There is ALWAYS a few centralizing pokemon that dominate (and this time its not even super heavily focused on Megas). If anything, even more pokemon are viable this generation than any other, by percentage. More people are playing than ever before.

VGC needs help, but a lot of the issue comes from the genies controlling the pace, not the megas. The meta is fine, nerd.

Also, why you think they'd waste all that time and resources creating and promoting Megas just to ditch them the next generation because a couple years of the VGC were bland is beyond me.
>>
>>26956007
Are you a fucking dog? Once things leave your sight, do you think theyre gone forever? Do you cry thinking your mother's died everytime she's left to go grocery shopping?

How do you function on a day to day basis?
>>
>>26956246
>Which explanation would more likely result in absolutely no buzz or promotional material featuring Mega evolutions?
Why would they just show the 18 Pokemon we've seen instead of more? Does that mean this is all we get? Aren't new Pokemon supposed to be the main selling point of these games?
>>
>>26956124
OK.

Remember how Sinnoh's gimmick was the Underground? Weird how that didn't get into HG/SS huh?

But the supposed Gen 6 gimmick, Mega Evolution, did make it into its gen's remake. Weird. Let's face it, the gimmick for Kalos were being more immersed with the Pokemon, with styling Furfrous, Pokemon Amie and riding Gogoats.
>>
They are not going to abandon all those mega pokemon. Do you seriously think they designed them for two different sets of games only to abandon them in the next gen?

Kalos: Mega Evolution
Hoenn: Primal Reversion
Alola: Sync Evolution

It'll be mega evolution in everything but name, but slightly changed in terms of mechanics. Maybe the island spirits will grant you the power to do it or some shit.
>>
The best thing we can hope for is that mega stones are banned from everything but free battle.
>>
How will synchro function? It can't possibly work in the same way that it does in the anime.
My theory is that to reduce the need to design all these Megas, you can edit stat boosts before battle and then use your synchro stone with whoever and it works the same way as mega evolution.
So you set +40 defense +40 sp.def +20 sp.a ahead of time and then go into battle and Synchro with your Drampa and BAM! a ton tankier.
There's probably a limit of like 40-50 per stat so you can't just like cheese 100 attack onto Ninjask for a 190 atk 160 spe sweeper
>>
Occam's razor

Megas are staying you fucking faggots
>>
>>26956416
Well given the slot for the fifth move, the fact that the regional proffessor studies pokemon moves, and that new image of the metallic pikachu using an unnamed attack with "power never seen before", I'm sure the bracelets unlock a hidden "ultimate" move.

Probably species or type specific, likely species as youd need to account for the physical special split and dual types otherwise.

Most likely limited in distro similar to Megas. Doesnt change the design, and isnt an "evolution" so shit like Pikachu can get it and possibly make it viable.

Given that it's a finisher, its probably limited to one pokemon ber battle, one use per battle, similar to Mega evolving.

No way they could do synchro's like Ash-greninja style, because with character customization thats a shit ton of permutations that they need to account for model wise, and that aint happening.
>>
>>26956142
It did. Remember that park for cute Pokemon?
>>
Mega Evolution just isn't important anymore. It'll still be there postgame, probably.
>>
>>26956246
Boy are you going to be upset when they reveal the new Mege Evolutions in the next few months.
>>
The current Mega Evolutions have the same chance for being removed as the Pokemon do.
>>
>>26956237
>>26956237
>grubbin doesn't evolve to charjabug
i was actually one of those retards hoping for this, but i was hoping they were just going to announce a new evo-line of bugs. I'm honestly still hoping that grubbin is Wurmple 2.0 and it gets a split evo based on something or another.
>>
>>26956356
>Pokemon Amie being a gimmick
only point i disagree with. They spent too many resources making Amie-Models for that to not be in the next Gen. That and it was in the remake, along with Super training which was one of the best features they have ever released.
>>
Megas are essentially Forme changes, when has a Forme ever been removed?
>>
>>26956007
I honestly hope they do. I mean, I loved mega evolutions, but apparently Kangaskhan is available in the wild in Alola, and I don't want another year of VGC shat on by that fucking thing.
>>
>>26956137
No it's not. Nor should it ever. That feature was stupid.
>>
>there's actually literal retards ITT right now who thinks that GF is keeping a generally unpopular mechanic

Grow up you fucktards. Mega Evolution is gone.
>>
File: giphy.gif (497KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
497KB, 500x269px
>>26959080
>there's actually literal retards ITT right now who thinks that GF is dropping a generally popular mechanic
>>
File: 1461509547311.jpg (103KB, 627x474px) Image search: [Google]
1461509547311.jpg
103KB, 627x474px
Oh right, I knew I was forgetting something from the list.

>It's Gen 6.5!
>You can't prove that these fake leaks are fake, therefor they're real.
>Alola is only one island!
>Evidence that Grubbin evolves into Charjabug?
>We haven't seen any new megas, they must have removed the entire mechanic and all the models associated with it.
>>
>>26956176
It's more like removing a type from the chart, removing national Dex or trading, or removing a Stat entirely instead of remodeling.

Megas aren't a gimmick, they are an added mechanic to the battle system and they won't be removed. They're just not the focus this gen. Sort of like how changing outfits is back but it's not been focused on like when XY was advertised.

It's either here to stay or they'll modify it to be closer related to synchronizing.
>>
>>26959141
You forgot when so many anons argued that the sneak peak of Iwanko was a deer.
>>
>>26959271

Eh, that's not quite on the same level as the others. That was just people arguing over a bunch of pixels, the ones listed are stubbornly denying reality as it's presented to them.
>>
>>26956142
>what is Amity Square?
>>
>>26956269
What Laotian Lithography is this?
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.