[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a thread dedicated to all the faults of this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 12

File: 1466647800482.png (162KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1466647800482.png
162KB, 500x281px
Can we have a thread dedicated to all the faults of this franchise in detail?
>>
Pokemon's fault that I ended up on /vp/.
>>
>>26940500

We have an entire board for that.
>>
Masuda.
>>
>>26940519
The anime.
>>
>>26940500
new features being deprecated in the next series

you are suppose to keep those features and then add new ones each new series
>>
Honestly, Gen III. That's really my only problem at all.
The pokemon designs are just off. they don't look like pokemon.
I keep on waiting for them to produce enough good designs to outweigh all of the bad ones of that gen, but it just isn't working.
It's like it tainted the whole franchise for me.
>>
The fact that some pokemon are purposely shit, and thus unusable against others.
>>
>>26940500
Genwunners
dont think i need to say anymore than this.
>>
>>26940701
Maybe you just have shit taste
>>
>>26940701
Gen III is literally the last entry where the pokemon actually looked like pokemon.
>>
>>26941133
This is probably the stupidest thing I can possibly imagine.

"""""""genwunners"""""""" haven't played or even thought about Pokemon since they were 10, there are no genwunners on this board or anywhere else on this site

please, get the fuck to reddit where you belong
>>
>>26940701
fuck off
>>
>>26941159
>, there are no genwunners on this board or anywhere else on this site
Topo Keko
>>
>>26940701
>>26941145
Gen V had the most Digimon easily.

You know it to be true.
>>
>>26941177
liking RBY =/= "genwunner"
>>
>>26941190
>still implying genwunners arent in /vp
>>
>>26941190
As long as you understand they're objectively the worst games in the franchise from today's standards.
>>
>>26941159
>"""""""genwunners"""""""" haven't played or even thought about Pokemon since they were 10
Have you ever left /vp/?
>>
The deliberate removal of well-liked features whether they be big or small. It makes waiting for a new Pokémon game hard to do because I'm constantly worried whether this thing I really liked in the last game is coming back because literally nothing is safe with Game Freak.
>>
>>26940701
I'm afraid no doctor on earth can treat that shit taste of yours.
>>
>>26941219
>objectively the worst games

Your opinions aren't facts.
>>
>>26940500
Here we go
>the fanbase
>gen 4 and the god pokemon
>masuda
>the 10000+ poly models
>No miiverse screenshot support for ORAS when it came out
>Event pokemon not on wifi
>downgrading or removing/replacing content each gen
>power creep
>Nostalgia fags in general
>dating the game with memes
>forcing in gimmicks that do nothing for the player
>The anime specifically Ash
>Pandering to a subset of people who don't play the game anymore
>>
>>26941278
He's not wrong, from a technical standpoint they were poorly made even for the time and had some questionable mechanics for an RPG let alone one that revolved around multiplayer and PvP.

It doesn't help that the game has aged like milk.
>>
>>26940500
There's already an anime general anon.

>>26940519
He said faults.
>>
>>26941145
>>26940701
>>>/9fag/

>>26941159
>"""""""genwunners"""""""" haven't played or even thought about Pokemon since they were 10
Nigga, there are genwunners on this same fucking thread and yeah, they do think about pokemon. Sure, they do to look trendy but it still counts.
>>
>>26941310
>the fanbase
Agree that it's shit, but it's not part of the franchise.
>gen 4 and the god pokemon
Literally nothing wrong with this, you're just fixated on one thing pokemon can do.
>masuda
good meme
>power creep
I hope you're being ironic
>Nostalgia fags in general
>dating the game with memes
>The anime specifically Ash
>Pandering to a subset of people who don't play the game anymore
Agree with all these.
>>
HGSS
>>
File: 1401262544584.jpg (45KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1401262544584.jpg
45KB, 1000x1000px
>>26941425
>>
>>26941180

Anon, what if gen-V's pokemon were meant to look different in order to communicate Unova's geographical remoteness? Would they still be bad designs then?
>>
>>26940500
TPCi's terrible PokeAni & Movie English dubs
XY Team Rocket
The Anime in general for BW
>>
>>26941406
>you're just fixated on one thing pokemon can do.
That's the problem, they shouldn't be rulers of time, space and anti-matter. They jumped the shark that gen.
That and they absolutely ruined contests and that was my favourite side game next to the Pike which was also removed.
>>
>>26940701
I feel the same, but not about the Pokémon.
There was just something fucked up about gen 3 fundamentally, but I can't put my finger on it.
I know it fucked a lot of things up at the time, things like not being compatible with older games, day/night being removed, etc
I would call it the dark ages of Pokémon.
>>
>>26940500
>/vp/
>The furry fanbase
>The anti-furry fanbase
>Genwunners
>Butt-hurt induced internet screeching
>Poketubers
>Nostalgia-pandering
>People who expect nostalgia-pandering in everything else
>Aged systems in dire need of overhaul
>"safeplace" entitled fans who would loose their shit over said overhaul
>VGC
>Arbitrary removal of loved features
>Arbitrary return of disdained features
>The above two points implemented at a rate that makes you wonder if Pokemon is deliberately trying to sabotage itself.
>One of the slowest, least productive anime counterparts in existence.
>One of the longest anime series in existence
>Probably THE longest running anime series to go without a reboot, next generation baton pass, or otherwise refreshing overhaul.
>Power creep, most notably recently titles.
>dexpadding every generation with competitively useless, generally unliked pokemon.
>Embracing(?) competitive pokemon, which was always the hobby of a specific set of people, in that bizarre, nonsensical way that pokemon chooses to do things.
>Mythical Pokemon
>Being the single most destructive autistic trap in existence, due in large part to being literally designed by one.
>Gen 4 mythology putting later lore in an awkward position
>"3rd release" business model has cultivated a strange sales relationship with fans. People don't buy the first game, because they know the third game is coming. As a result, the sales skew unusually, and Game Freak gets confused as to why, so they do weird shit. I think they figured this one out, though.
>By never addressing older audiences, outside of their recent pick-up of "competitive", Pokemon remains a toxic hobby for adults
>Forced hype. First Lucario, then the failed Zoroark, then Charizard/Mewtwo, then Memefrog.

Probably more stuff, but I'm done for now.
>>
>>26941159

>"""""""genwunners"""""""" haven't played or even thought about Pokemon since they were 10, there are no genwunners on this board or anywhere else on this site

Nigga I'm 32 and bought Red on day one. Been playing mon for the past 20 years. I taught my son and daughter to read using the TCG. Get fucked faggot
>>
>>26941595
>things like not being compatible with older games
You can't really blame that on gen 3 because it was a hardware issue.

As for day and night, it just wasn't represented graphically because time based events still occurred that's about it really for anything significant. Gen 3 had everything important from Gen 2.
>>
>>26941278
Didn't you know, anon? Opinions only become facts when gen 1 is involved. Stop being such a genwunner :^)
>>
>>26941630
>Gen 3 had everything important from Gen 2.
Except for backwards compatibility.
Except for day/night, don't try to downplay it hoennshitter.
Except for good Pokémon.
Except for a good region.

Battle Frontier is the only thing that garbage gen did right.

5/10, got a reply out of me. This is your last (You).
>>
>>26941644
>hardware
>only graphically
>opinion
>opinion
1/10
Try again Sinnohshit.
>>
>>26941631
Naw, that anon was right.
Factually speaking, gen 1 is the most based gen. People are free to disagree but it makes them look like a retard. It's science
>>
"pokemon was a mistake" - Satoshi Ketchup.
>>
Competitive pokemon promotes elitism and toxicity and is usually a magnet for autists, genwunners in general, the fanbase
>>
>>26940701
>>26941595
agreed. Wasn't the same feeling of pokemon.
>>
>>26941653
gen 3 crated the horrible legendary plot.
in ealier gens, legendary means a "legend", which means that the pokemon may not exist (yes, I know they are in the dex, just saw the second episode), probably the reason that team rocket didn't go after legendary pokemon.
In gen 3, a fucking 680 BST pokegod that moved the earth/filled the ocean with water is throw in your face right before the last gym.
Also, why didn't Maxie/Archie just fucking capture them with an ultra ball or something? Team Magma/Aqua has a lot of members, why can't anyone knew how the move false swipe works? Holy shit, they did the hardest part, that is finding a pokegod, why didn't they just caught it? They even had the fucking Masterball in one point of the game, and they let it IN THE FUCKING FLOOR WITH NO ONE GUARDING FOR NO REASON.
>>
>>26946794
>Gen 3
>Pokegod
Are Sinnohshits this retarded?

>and they let it IN THE FUCKING FLOOR WITH NO ONE GUARDING FOR NO REASON.
It was in the bosses room and you have to fight grunts and deal with a teleport puzzle anon.
It wasn't exactly unguarded.
>>
>>26941310
>>26941599
>>forcing in gimmicks that do nothing for the player
>>Arbitrary return of disdained feature
?

>>26941406
>>masuda
>good meme
Are you implying he isn't making mistakes? I mean, he is a great composer and pokemon wouldn't be nearly as good without him, but him being director leads to other things as well

>>26941568
>The Anime in general for BW
Things that have been fixed by now don't count

>People listing /vp/
It's your own goddamn fault if you aren't happy with your lives

>>26941599
>a toxic hobby
You are one of the faults 2bh
>>
>>26948779
>It wasn't exactly unguarded.
Guarded by ten or so grunts with two poochyenas each, which still oversees the fact that it was just lying on the floor instead of being in the leader's pocket.
>>
>>26948779
Wasn't there an Electrode or two that you also had to deal with, alongside being able to nab another less important item?
>>
>>26949000
Yep.
>>
>>26946794
>hy didn't Maxie/Archie just fucking capture them with an ultra ball or something?

This fucking shit, every time.
Cirus in gen 4 or whatever the team galactic leader name is tells you that catching a legendary with a pokeball strips it of it's power entirely, basicaly reducing it to just a very powerful pokemon.
Say you catch a Dialga, then you can have it, but can't use the fucking space powers.

Why must you be so fucking autistic to not fucking understand this?
Are you so fucking retarded that you can't comprehend such a basic concept you disgusting amalgamation of flesh and lard?
>>
>>26940701
>they don't look like pokemon.

I want this meme to die
>>
>>26940701
>>26941595
>overreliance on hm's, nearly impossible to get around without an hm slave
>can't port from gen 2
>impossible to fill the dex when it came out
>pokemon variety is fucked, some pokemon get encounter rates of 30% or more of the map at a high rate where others get 1% in one tiny place
>trumpets
>the worst e4 and champion
>most forgettable leaders
>came out when most of the original fanbase was growing up so most people fell out of the games
>all the pokemon people liked from the previous games were impossible to get without like 2-3 other games

Pic related, Wingull is encountered on literally 80% of the map
>>
>berries dont count as watered if they're on a route that's rainy

How hard is this to fix?
>>
>2016
>Natures in pokemon still has barrely any impact on gameplay
>Many abilities and moves are completly usless
>They keep making new items instead of giving old items new life with new abilities.
(Many trade items SHOULD have additional powers. Like Protector should give +1defence and arceus plates should make user immune to attacks of that type.
>>
>The lack of post-game

Give us semi-randomized dungeons to hunt for TMs and items. Battlan and breedan is okay, but give me cool places to explore.

>TMs are now reusable but also more common

They should be super rare drops from pokemon and shops. Make them randomized.

>Cities and routes are still small

>The game gives you tons of money so you never need to manage any finite resources
>>
>next to no minigames

Maybe i dont want to do nothing but battling
>>
File: 6QiCaE9.png (194KB, 361x361px) Image search: [Google]
6QiCaE9.png
194KB, 361x361px
>>26951798
>Natures
>no impact
10%
>>
>>26951595
>>trumpets
>implying those are a problem
>>
>>26941599
>forced hype
>charizard and mewtwo

There's a big difference between capitalizing on and forcing populaity. Charizard and Mewtwo are cases of the former, Lucario is a case of the latter.
>>
>>26940500
doesn't matter how much people pretend it isn't a problem the dumbing down of the games is getting pretty ridiculous right now
>>
They should readd that hard mode they had in gen 5.

That's like one of the main reasons gen 5 is my favorite. [And NYC, and seasons... oh the seasons <3]
>>
File: 32790.jpg (59KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
32790.jpg
59KB, 500x375px
Honestly? My biggest problem is that Pokemon could be so much...more than what it currently is. It's an amazing concept held back by the main games being restricted to handheld releases. Pokemon has this huge fucking world with endless possibilities, but the same formula is used every single time. I'm a Karenfag and don't really care for the meta, I just want to explore the world with a team I'm attached to, so the singleplayer experience is always too short for me.
>>
>Gen 5's exp system
>>
File: 1467341324234.png (241KB, 336x418px) Image search: [Google]
1467341324234.png
241KB, 336x418px
>>26940519
>>
>>26952151
I was 13 when I beat Red version, without the internet, in about 2 days. Completed the dex a week later. My 11-year old kid sister did the same with Blue.

Pokemon games are not hard, and never have been. You're just getting older.
>>
They simultaneously release two of the same games with different titles, and then release a THIRD complete version of the game.

Release the whole package the first fucking time. I don't want to find faggots to trade with and I don't want to cheat just to catch them all.
>>
>>26949055
>Dialga
>space powers
>>
>>26941354
>from a technical standpoint

Why should we only care about that? Final Fantasy I is the buggiest fucking thing ever and it's still better than II or IV from a player's perspective, and IV is much less buggy.

Gen I is low on my rankings but it at least beats out Gen VI.
>>
This entire board is dedicated to the faults of this franchise in detail.
>>
File: THIS.jpg (4KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
THIS.jpg
4KB, 300x300px
>>26940519
>>
>>26940500
Thats every thread anon
>>
>>26941644
>Johto
>Good pokemon
>good region

Good meme.
>>
>>26940500
Hoennbabies. They constantly praise the third gen as if it's the second coming and has no faults, and can't take criticism at all.
>>
>>26940500
Alright, first making it clear that Pokemon means the world to me-

It's objectively an mechanically static, ankle-deep series of young children's JRPGs featuring middling-quality cash grab merchandise and tie-in media. It sustains itself on brand power while engaging in terribly anti-consumer practices. Plus, it's in all likelihood past its prime, doomed to a slow zombification process.

I'd also say the fact that since pokemon is a corporately run franchise, odds are good on the number of shitmon continuing to pile up while all efforts are focused on generating new mascots and stroking off fan favourites. It seems inevitable that we'll eventually either end up in a state of massive bloat or experience a reboot.
>>
File: 1442556205384.jpg (482KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1442556205384.jpg
482KB, 1024x768px
>>26953365
>Final Fantasy I is the buggiest fucking thing ever and it's still better than II or IV from a player's perspective
Certainly not mine, although I do agree on FF2. FF4 saw a lot of improvements to the series from FF1 and introduced a better flowing battle system. Thanks to a story that's also more character based, it remains one of my favorites.
>>
>>26953717
Actually the story is why I rank it so low. Having a narrative itself isn't bad, but I really dislike how your party composition is entirely at the whims of the story, and a plot event can completely change your party. I do like ATB and its use in later FF titles, but FF4 itself just wasn't as fun for me as other titles in the series including 1, and though I'd still call it a good game and don't think negatively about people who like or love it, I think it's overrated due to being so many people's introduction to the series.
>>
>>26940500
>megas exist
>first pair of versions are always inferior to their successor(s).
>The creators give no attention to their ''universe'': still no global map, canon is always wavering, etc
>GF is getting lazier and lazier
>GF game balancing team. They didn't give a shit about competitive back in dp days yet that's the best meta. Today the pay efforts in it and we got shit like mega salamence or Kangaskhan or frustating things like klefki because they think they are doing right.
>All this nostalgia pandering bad-executed.
>In general, GF being always too less courageous, they try to experiment new things nearly never, the only thing that was a bit innovative was BW, then they backstepped.
>Power creep. New pokémon usually got better stat and, specially, new abilities. Old pokémon like Johto mon didn't and the only way to fix that except the stat retcon is with shit like megas.
>They introduce less pokémon. They said the are going to semplificate the game even with the number of pokémon. XY demonstrated that.They think that since this game is ''competitive'' they have to create less character and more ''''balanced''''. This game is an monster-rpg. Of course there's going to be stronger mons and weaker mons.
>gen 6 as a whole
>mostly of the modern fandom
>removing features from game to game
>Modern art style
>The fact they can't make heavy pokémon. None can't exceed 1000 kg
>Oras characters redesigns
>post-dp anime
>VGC
>forced pokémon (lucario, zoroark, greninja, Charizard in XY)
>gen wars (i distaste gen 6, but I don't start a war about it)
I can't think of anything else.
>>
>>26940701
I honestly never got this, because Gen 3 is still my favorite gen, and I've been playing since the very beginning. XY (and ORAS) are literally the worst entries by far imho. But I understand people disagree there.
>>
>>26954049
Was Zoroark really forced? I know it had the Ashnime special but regarding the games itself Game Freak could not have botched rusefox harder.

>event only in its debut game
>main gimmick trivialized in the Gen it was introduced via Team Preview
>GF already pulling out in BW2 and giving focus back to Lucario

I'm sure it would have been forced if it was successful but Game Freak killed it before it could even try to gain any fans.
>>
>>26952080
There are 5 that does nothing, 10% On stats are still nothing compared to complete gameplay change they could give us seein how other games treat natures.
>>
File: 1330644266543.png (34KB, 783x522px) Image search: [Google]
1330644266543.png
34KB, 783x522px
>>26952314
>>
>>26952147
Notsomuch Mewtwo, but Charizard has been forced like hell recently.
>>
>>26952314
This is exactly how I feel about Pokemon.
>>
Only one of the three starter's gets multiple mega evolutions. I hate that so much, i get it zard is awesome but that's just lazy and annoying, we could have had each version give you an exclusive mega regardless of which second starter you got.
>>
File: deoxacha.png (153KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
deoxacha.png
153KB, 557x605px
>>26952314
Holy shit fucking this. I honestly feel sorry for all the assblasted jerks that shit on the franchise because "MUH GENWUN"; or, possibly worst, "it's been the same game since forever", andthen they masturbate watching the trailer of Gears of War 4 which is the EXACT same thing as GOW2 that I played almost 10 years ago.

I'll always buy pokemon games because the idea of having hundreds of possible team mates and a battle system that, for how balanced, is still a lot deeper than the usual RPG if you get into competitive and breeding, and surely with more variety.

What kills me is that the concept (even leaving aside battling but just the idea of adventures in this world) is one that feels always open to more possibilities, and each game feels like it didn't tap that potential fully. The last game that gave me that feeling was BW2. I don't think ORAS is as bad as people here bitch about, but when I find in Hoenn the same fucking battle maison I saw in Kalos I legitimately get pissed off.

tl;dr: GF had the luck of coming up with a god tier concept, but rarely live up to the potential
>>
>game has hundreds of possible teammates
>can only have 6 at once
>hm heavy regions can force you to use stuff you dont want to
>iv's discourage experimenting with new teammates due to the time it takes
>>
mega evolutions
>>
In gen 4 we used to talk shit about genwunners because, while gen 1 and 2 and even 3 were fun, they all had their faults and the more recent stuff was still great.
By the time gen 5 came out this turned into Stockholm syndrome and /vp/ decided that newer = better and criticizing new designs makes you are genwun faggot.
>>
>crime groups in general

When have these ever been fun? Once you get the 7th badge, it's time to drop everything to fight through like 30 or so grunts with the same 3-4 pokemon. Only the leader has an interesting fight. Add to the fact that you have to deal with them about 2-3 other times in the story and that's a good 4-5 hours spent on boring fights against the same pokemon.
>>
>>26955863
>iv;s discourage experimenting with new teammates due to the time it takes
that's why we use Showdown
>>
>>26956105
But what if i want to use them in game? You know, not a sim? Point being, I shouldn't have to play on some third party system to avoid that.
>>
File: genwar_bingo.jpg (339KB, 777x922px) Image search: [Google]
genwar_bingo.jpg
339KB, 777x922px
>>
>>26952314
This is what I came here to post.
They come up with this amazing world with incredible characters and ideas and....they just barely use it. We could have an incredible anime.

Also people need to learn that genwunner doesnt just mean someone that likes gen 1
>>
>no game corner replacement
>>
File: 1443917376775.gif (980KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
1443917376775.gif
980KB, 500x367px
>>26952314
this
>>
Gen II was so promising in terms of being presented as a sequel to Gen I games. It was set three years later, you met old characters, the world had moved on. There was potential there to build up a overarching narrative.

And since then they've pretty much abandoned that. I always enjoy seeing old characters pop up somewhere, but it's seldom more than a cameo than anything meaningful.

Also, the earlier protags like Red, Ethan and Brendan are built like actual characters, especially Red. From Gen 4 onwards the protags get increasingly generic, paving the way for self-insertion, which bothers me.

Look at the designs from Gen 4 or 5 onwards and you struggle to tell the difference.
>>
>>26956713
>BW2
>>
>>26949055
>catching a legendary with a pokeball strips it of it's power entirely
What? Is this the deus ex machina that Ohmori could find to kept that horrible plot?
Also,
>in gen 4
no one say that in gen 3
and even if that was true in gen 3, then why Archie/Maxie had the Masterball before?
>>
>>26956713
I really hoped for R/S remakes to be this.
I want new adventures in old places, see them grow and change! That could also explain new Pokemon lines and "mutations".
>>
>>26948779
>anon wrote:"horrible legendary plot"
>"he must be a Sinnohshit"

looks like (You) are the retarded one.
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.