[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he thinks the only reason to be playing pokemon is for catching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1466469045218.png (809KB, 1280x720px)
1466469045218.png
809KB, 1280x720px
>he thinks the only reason to be playing pokemon is for catching and battling
>he thinks everything else is irrelevant
>he wants pokemon to only focus on these two aspects and actually prefers minimal effort in every other aspect
>>
Nice strawman, but honestly, if it gets in the way of the two biggest aspects of Pokémon, then it's a problem.
>>
>>26930787
Well yeah, that should be obvious.
>>
Tell that to GF.
Except they half ass the battling and catching too.
>>
What else are you supposed to do?
>>
>>26930813
Enjoy the well-written and deep story, of course.
>>
File: 1464727143003.png (144KB, 900x907px) Image search: [Google]
1464727143003.png
144KB, 900x907px
>receive starter at start of the game
>go through some maps
>catch some pokemon
>beat some forgettable 1-line copy-paste trainers and evil team grunts
>get to a town
>challenge and beat the gym
>repeat the last 5 steps 7 more times
>get to the evil team hq and beat them
>get to the pokemon league and beat them

Now you're thinking, "Isn't that what pokemon is suppose to be?" No. That is the most barebones possible way to describe the mainline games. And the people I'm talking about PREFER that the series stay this barebones. They don't want it to stray even a little bit from this set-in-stone formula. They don't want anything to be added to it or any of it being changed.
>>
All I know is that the contests are shit. I beat the other three with their ugly-mons, what now? A total waste of time.
>>
>>26930952
And what is your shitty idea of a story going to add to it?
I bet you liked the friends in XY.
>>
File: 2a5.jpg (131KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2a5.jpg
131KB, 640x480px
>>26930768
>mfw I haven't bred a Pokemon for IVs, natures ro abilities, or EV trained in years
>mfw I play Pokemon for the sole purpose of filling my dex and using only the Pokemon I like in battle
>mfw I have never named any of my Pokemon because those are their fucking names
>mfw I've never been happier or stabler in my life
>>
>>26930823
"Deep"
>>
>>26930768
>he cares about the story in pokemon games
>he takes pride in being stupid enough to struggle with an rpg designed to be beaten by toddlers at some stage in his life

full pleb. I'd love to see pokemon actually try to advance as an rpg and flesh out the gameplay by doing stuff like making double/triple battles the norm or changing the held item system to a more advanced tiered equipment system and doing away with gym leaders for some other progression format but unfortunately gamefreak and nintendo at large seem content to play it ultra-safe and rehash as much as possible so having a bunch of new pokemon to catch/train is really all you can hope for from a new title
>>
>>26930768
I think that shit like Contests, the Pokéathlon and Pokéstar Studios are much more worthwhile additions than yet another lame battle facility, so I definitely agree with you.
>>
Something to do at the foreign building, more innovative ways to grope your pokémon
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.