[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's with the new mons? Why are they so ugly? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: repugnant.png (298KB, 766x458px) Image search: [Google]
repugnant.png
298KB, 766x458px
What's with the new mons? Why are they so ugly? I've never disliked a gen until now, I thought they were fake.
>>
>>26920018
they are not ugly, you just have shit taste.
>>
not liking falcore
kekekke
>>
>>26920018
Because kids and yokai watch
>>
It's easy for newcomers to dislike a gen because of what you think it's "ugly".

When the time comes, you'll understand about diversity and how cool it is.

For now, remember that you have old mons to play with on Alola.
>>
These are literally the best designs since Gen 3

Bruxfish is the only bad one so far
>>
Dranpa, Bruxish, and Top Kek look like Ni No Kuni familiars. Not that I have a problem with that.
>>
>>26920178
Even Bruxfish is the best "my mom's fish" that we've had in a while.
>>
>>26920018
>not liking based magical dragon

What's with your shit taste?
>>
I think he's cute in a dopey ass way.
>>
>>26920018
>Disliking a gen purely on visuals
Underage pls go and stay go.
>>
>>26920018
Get your shit taste the fuck out of here, and never return.
>>
Fuck you, OP
Drampa is perfect
>>
>>26920082
I grew up with RB and I can still safely say that the gen 4 and 5 designs are mostly trash.
>>
>>26920023
The one he posted is pretty ugly tbqh. Popplio had the same problem, though it's even more exaggerated on this one because of the eyebrows and eyes. Maybe "ugly" is not the correct word though.
>>
>>26920323
I also grew up with R/B and I can still safely say that the gen 4 and 5 designs are mostly good with a few hiccups here and there like every gen.

Except 3.
>>
>>26920323
4 wasn't totally terrible, gen vi, contrary to popular opinion continued the downward trend though.
>>
>>26920352
What put you off of gen vi designs?
>>
File: 1438108695310.jpg (522KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1438108695310.jpg
522KB, 1920x1080px
>>26920018
>>26920323
>shitting on pokemon designs
A reminder to get a load of this and be grateful for what you have
>>
>>26920370
Most were forgettable, some were bad and only a few were decent.
I had problems with all three of the starter final evos, the pseudo was disappointing and the legendaries were garbage.
Malamar, Pangoro, Dragalge, Clawitzer and Furfrou are the only standouts for me, and Furfrou should have had a pre evo.
Still better than Gen V tho.
>>
best designs ever since gen 2 exluding poplio and yungoos and the metal thing.
>>
>>26920259
The game is all about imagining you are in control of cool monsters.
>>
>>26920449
Don't you talk shit about Togechu around me motherfucker
>>
Ohmura took over finalizing Pokemon designs
>>
>>26920436
Fair enough, I can agree with you there.
>>
>>26920323
I also started with RB. 4 is mostly trash. 5 has a lot of trash, but is made up for with a lot of really good designs.
Also, most of the new mons so far look good/great.
>>
>>26920323
I grew up with RG and I can still safely say that the gen 1 and 2 designs are mostly trash.
>>
>>26920230
Agreed.

And, ya know, he's fucking Falkor.
>>
>>26920018
VP please help me. I swear to fucking god I swear by it I swear by my life I have seen this creature ages ago. It existed either when x and y first dropped or in some other fictional universe but I swear to god ive seen grampadragon before SOMEWHERE
>>
Holy shit kill yourself.
>>
>>26920560
Not even sure why or how you'd get into pokemon if you didn't like them for the hypest years then senpai

nice try though
>>
>>26920750
Neverending Story
>>
File: 1467309128736.jpg (225KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1467309128736.jpg
225KB, 1024x1024px
>>26920178

Bruxfish is literally the best of the entire bunch you plebeian.
>>
>>26920815

Or maybe he grew up and realized that Pokemon designs have evolved mostly for the better over the years. Gen II especially is bland as hell.
>>
>>26920018
>Old people have poor tolerance for cold and fags
Makes sense.
>>
>>26920815
Do you still like all the garbage you loved when you were a dumbass kid with no taste?
Do you still think Space Jam is the greatest movie of all that and that Adam Sandler is actually funny?
>>
File: IMG_20160630_145035_979.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160630_145035_979.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
I drew a fanart of our Drampa.
Or Drama

Autistic huh?
>>
>>26920837
No check it out I kinda remember! My grandma had this old collection of toys, a few knuckles from og sonic who would spin in a grey cloud, Jerry from tom and Jerry with a drum set, and a toy that looked exactly like this. That's what it fucking was what fucking toy was it though? If any anons wanna help that'd dope I swear this design is a toy from the 80s or some shit
>>
I like the stoner dragon, it already has a spot in my team.
>>
>>26920879
Space Jam is great and I never found Adam Sandler funny.
>>
>>26920879
Wow nice strawman. You can attack space jam and adam sandler all day but they have nothing to do with pokemon.

I can see that you're going to just say its impossible to prefer anything older because of muh nostalgia boogeyman so there's no point going on in this. but fyi I think the gen 6 designs are pretty good and most of the gen 7 designs are pretty great too. gen 4 and 5 however are still mostly ugly and unappealing, sorry dude
>>
You have shit taste. So far this is best gen ever.
>>
>>26920750
YOOOOOOOOOOOOO IM ON THE SAME BOAT! I cant remember either, but I swear I've seen this design before. I just cant figure out where...
>>
>>26920948
That was not an strawman you colossal fucking retard.
Go ahead and enjoy your garbage gen 1 shitmons, my point was that I don't hold the same opinions I did when I was a kid.
>I can see that you're going to just say its impossible to prefer anything older because of muh nostalgia boogeyman
Now this is an strawman.
>>
This happens literally every generation.
This is how your brain is working, so pay attention.
You are having a reflexive response to seeing something new and unfamiliar.
You haven't had sufficient time to get used to them yet.
As soon as you play the game, and are exposed to the new pokemon for long enough, that initial recoiling feeling will wear off.
People's opinions on pokemon vary greatly from introduction to cemented familiarity.
>>
>>26921045
I swear anon it was some old toy or cartoon character ive been trying to google search it all day
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.