[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New abilities were confirmed including an electric-type fiel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: ptoed.png (143KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
ptoed.png
143KB, 400x400px
New abilities were confirmed including an electric-type field effect!
Electric types confirmed OP in gen 7.
http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/abilities.shtml
>>
Elec Maker is actually going to be pretty shit if they don't buff terrains
>>
Too bad it only works on grounded Electric types. So Thundurus gets no benefit.
>>
>>26921086
What? Electric Terrain is good.
>>
>>26919180
That electric type field effect has been around since Gen 6 you fucking retard.
>>
>>26921195
Yeah but only as a move for shitmons
>>
>>26921149
>not using thunderbolt Roserade
>not using thunderbolt Heatran
>not using thunderbolt Serperior
>not using thunderbolt Florges
>not using thunderbolt Typhlosion
>not using thunderbolt Mega Diancie
>not using thunderbolt Mega Sceptile
Shit taste senpai. Electric Terrain is a great coverage option now that you can set it without wasting a turn.
>>
There are only three types of Terrain and four islands, so what will the fourth totem guardian have? Will they make a new Terrain type? Have it set up something like Gravity or Trick Room?
>>
File: manectric.jpg (329KB, 864x768px) Image search: [Google]
manectric.jpg
329KB, 864x768px
>>26919180
Oh yes...

Now I wait for the other fields ability, and one for Trick Room/Gravity/Heal Block.
>>
>>26921333
>Heal Block

Yes we need this. Goodbye to stall forever.
>>
>>26921328
I doubt either of the other totems would get grassy terrain or misty terrain as abilities. Tapu Koko is already a fairy type (and I'm assuming the other guardians will be fairy as well) so it wouldn't make sense to give only one of them an ability that corresponds with all of their types. Tapu Koko's island is also the island with the most plant life, so if any of them were to get grassy terrain it'd be TK. That being said, nothing on Melemele points to an electric type guardian, so who knows.
>>
>>26921328
Probably a new one.
>>
>>26919180
>Dazzle: Prevents moves with an increased Speed Priority from hitting

So who else is gonna end up with Dazzle? From the name it could easily be Steel, Electric or Fairy types for the most part.
>>
>>26921249
>not using Whimsicott for that priority Nature Power
>>
>>26921391
Melemele means yellow in hawaiian. That's where the electric connection comes from. I'm assuming the other islands will also be named after a color.

The pure fairy guardian will probably be the leader of the group.
>>
>>26921500
I don't get the flavor of Dazzle at all.
>>
>>26921609
Priority moves are very guttural, fast and reflex based.
Blinding someone/distracting makes it hard to pull that off.
>>
>>26921086
> 50% boost for electric type attacks
> Stops Dark Void spam
> shit
>>
>>26921653
That doesn't make sense. Especially since a blinding flash would make people do things reflexively. Maybe not what they wanted but if the mechanical representation is that it removes or negates priority moves somehow that doesn't really follow. I kind of get the idea that flashing someone might make them flinch and slow down but this seems like a weird representation of it if it's in the form of stopping priority moves. It should probably feel more like fake out or something, somehow.
This isn't the first ability to not make much sense flavorfully, mind you. It just happens to be one this thread is about
>>
>>26921688
Holy shit it's 1.5 boost?
>>
>>26921726
Yes.
>>
>>26921688
The electric move boost alone makes this worth it. Hope this thing gets Volt Switch.

>>26921726
Yes, Grassy Terrain gives 50% boost to grass moves. Misty Terrain doesn't boost (hopefully they retcon that)
>>
>>26921742
misty prevents status of any kind and also halves damage from dragon moves
giving it the boost would be too much desu considering you have shit like pixilate
>>
>>26921742
Terrain only affects grounded Pokemon
So this thing won't get a boost from its Terrain :^)
>>
>>26921742
Grassy also halves damage from earthquake.
>>
>>26921816
It is a grounded Pokemon. If it's not Flying Type, doesn't have Levitate and isn't holding the Air Balloon. Then it is a grounded Pokemon.
>>
File: 1436900186063.gif (2MB, 320x179px) Image search: [Google]
1436900186063.gif
2MB, 320x179px
>ability that disables priority moves
>its on a water pokemon

SMOGONBIRDS TIME IS OVER
>>
>>26919180
This thing is going to rek. Voltturn is going to be so much stronger. This is probably an indirect nerf to Water as well since things like Heatran get Nature Power.
>>
>>26921861
Huh. My bad then
>>
>>26921875
>It's almost definitely slower than the peregrine falcon pokemon
>is psychic-type
>talonflame learns u-turn to hit it super effective and switch out of it

you cant kill the bravest borb
>>
File: photo.jpg (246KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
246KB, 900x900px
Fuck that electric terrain shit, the rest of abilities are (meta)game breaking:

>special moxie
>nullifies all stats save sleep for rest
>twice damage on switch ins
>fuck priority
Smogon on suicide watch
>>
>>26922046
>immunity to sleep
>giving your team thunderbolt via Nature Power
>free choice specs/band boost for electric moves.
>not meta breaking
>>
>Stab Electric Terrain Specs Boosted Volt Switch
>>
>>26922046
>inb4 Smogon instabans the ability or only allows it in AG becaus "Muh """"""""""""""""""""""balance"""""""""""""""""""""" "
>>
>>26922046
most of those pokemon are gonna be shitmons
>>
>>26922185
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mew in Electric Terrain: 199-235 (49.2 - 58.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

This is assuming it's 100 base stat across the board like Mew. If it has over 100 special attack this thing is a monster.
>>
>>26922046
Nope, Anon. Back in 2013 when we were getting dripfed X and Y news everyone though Furfrou was gonna be OP because of Fur Coat. But then GF gave it shit stats, shit movepool, and the absolute worst typing for a physical wall (literally 99% of Fighting moves are Physical, and its the only type Normal is weak to so it attracts them like bees to honey). Plenty of lower-tier mons have OP abilities but get shafted by garbage stats.
>>
>>26922436
Talonflame did kind of have relatively shit stats too though, and I imagine that fish wouldn't have it that much worse than it would.

Especially if it turns out that it evolves, though it doesn't look like it to me.
>>
>>26922576
Talonflame's stats are fine. Not AMAZING but it has a low BST so whatever. But anyway giving STAB moves priority is kind of a much bigger deal than having a larger effective defense. I don't know how good stopping priority is though. Did we see how it works? Does it outright negate the priority, make it move at normal speed, or make it auto go last or what? It seems like an extremely powerful doubles ability, though, by the way. The shot with Kangaskhan using Fake Out was big a hint hint at the intention of it.
>>
>>26922621
'Pikachu cannot use Quick Attack'

Seems like it blocks them completely
>>
>>26923026
That's kind of absurd tbqh. I wonder how it works on switch in.
>>
>>26923088
The same way other immunity abilities work. It's not rocket science... You can't use priority attacks against it.
>>
Bump for interest
>>
File: image.jpg (9KB, 180x280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9KB, 180x280px
>>26925725
Baka
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.