[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>shitting on yukai-watch designs A reminder to get a load

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: 1467271641877.jpg (263KB, 1244x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1467271641877.jpg
263KB, 1244x1136px
>shitting on yukai-watch designs
A reminder to get a load of this and be grateful for what you have
>>
Grubbin's final stage is based but the others look like trash.
>>
>>26910515
>Grubbin's final stage
I'm clinging to the hope that its just the mid evo
>>
>>26910515
>A
>FUCKING
>DUFFEL
>BAG
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1362x1490px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1362x1490px
>shitting on pokemon designs
A reminder to get a load of this and be grateful for what you have
>>
>>26910547
>>26910552
The box thing is definitely the middle stage. But the flying thing with the huge mandibles is the final stage.
>>
>>26910493
I like the dragon but the fish is retarded
>>
>>26910578
Jesus fuck just stop comparing Yokais to Pokemon. Have you played yokai watch? I guess no or you would have known that yokais and pokemon serve 2 completely different purposes. Pokemon are bright, cute monsters you use to battle with your friends. They're mostly taken from animals. Yokai are meant to be funny, each and everyone of them has their personality and jokes. They're two completely different games for christ sake, and by the way I had ton of fun playing YW (something I can't say about XY nor ORAS).
Now granted this, it's true that this new batch of pokemon seems more yokai-esque, in the sense that they've bolder colours and less rounded, streamlined, animalesque lines. But that's it. They're two different games, very different games, that keep being put in competiton by Nintendo because they want YW to be the next big thing in the west as it is in Japan.Also in those designs you're shitting there's my bro Cupistol so fuck you.
>>
>Hating on Drampa and TopKeko
Nah fuck you and your shit taste OP
>>
Shut the fuck up. I'm so tired of being disrespected on this goddamn website. All I wanted to do was post my opinion. MY OPINION. But no, you little bastards think it's "hilarious" to mock those with good opinions. My opinion. while not absolute, is definitely worth the respect to formulate an ACTUAL FUCKING RESPONSE AND NOT JUST A SHORT MEME OF A REPLY. I've been on this site for 4 years: 4 YEARS and I have never felt this wronged. It boils me up that I could spend so much time thinking and putting effort into things while you shits sit around (probably jerking off to Gardevoir or whatever furbait you like) and make fun of the intellectuals of this world. I've bored you? Good for fucking you. Literally no one cares that your little brain is to underdeveloped and rotted to comprehend my idea...MY GREAT GREAT IDEA. I could sit here all day whining, but I won't. I'm NOT a whiner. I'm a realist and an intellectual. I know when to call it quits and to leave the babybrains to themselves. I'm done with this goddamn site and you goddamn immature children. I have lived my life up until this point having to deal with memesters and idiots like you. I know how you work. I know that you all think you're
"epik trolls" but you're not. You think you baited me? NAH. I've never taken any bait. This is my 100% real opinion divorced from anger. I'm calm, I'm serene. I LAUGH when people imply I'm intellectually low enough to take bait. I always choose to reply just to spite you. I won. I've always won. Losing is not in my skillset. So you're probably gonna reply "lol epik trolled" or "u mad bro" but once you've done that you've shown me I've won. I've tricked the trickster and conquered memery. I live everyday growing stronger to fight you plebs and low level trolls who are probably 11 (baby, you gotta be 18 to use 4chan). But whatever, I digress. It's just fucking annoying that I'm never taken serious on this site, goddamn.
>>
>>26911435
Yokai Watch is a long string of fetch quests that calls itself a game.
>>
>>26910552
It's clearly a battery/stun gun cocoon thing
>>
>>26910493
Did they just smash every pikaclone into one to make that abomination?
>>
>>26910493
Why do soo many fish pokemon have whore makeup? I don't get it...
>>
>>26911452
OP here
I love Topu Keku (actually it's pretty much the only one I love out of these) and he's not on the pic I posted, so fuck off
>>
>>26911469
There's nothing wrong with that, also because Yokai Watch is really ton of fun. The only issues with youkai watch are
>the terrible menu
>the terrible in game map
>the passive battle system
>the let's recolor a yokai and call it a new one

But they all got fixed in 2. Again, if you expect to play YW as a pokemon clone, you're wrong. There are definitely some pokemon influences in YW (as in every mon game post 1996) but the game is meant to be funny, endearing and charming. Hell, there's not even an online multiplayer option. They just are two different games. And again, it's definitely true that SM are taking from YW, but given that in the last few years the franchise has literally reached the 2000 pokemon mania status in Japan, it's kinda normal. They can live next to each other, and flourish next to each other. You can enjoy both anon. I liked pokemon X with all its faults, and I'm not ashamed to say that I've liked YW more. Maybe is just the novelty. This doesn't mean I don't like pokemon anymore or that I won't play SM, though.
>>
>>26910493
>shitting on based Drampa
>>
>>26911457
Nice pasta
>>
>>26911658
Fair enough. I got tired of the "walk to this place marked on the map, then walk to the next place marked on the map" gameplay early on though.
>>
>>26910493
Holy shit they honestly look like fakemons
I never was the guy who talked shit on pokemon designers ,but holy shit they all look like something from a bad gba hack rom
>>
>>26910493
They're shit. And they're Yo-kai-ish.

And now I'm scared
>>
The videos didnt have their usual overlays. Inb4 fake and somebody wasted way to many hours of their life on this garbage.
>>
>>26911720
If they are real, it's greninja all over again. Poor me if thats the case.
>>
dragon looks not pokemon but ok

cube bug is ok but I don't want it to be grubbin's evo or flying scissors

Orb pikachu upsets me the most honestly, it just looks so bad
>>
File: 1466093517252.jpg (35KB, 285x335px) Image search: [Google]
1466093517252.jpg
35KB, 285x335px
guys i just got home where the fuck did this leak from is there a video or something
>>
>>26911690
Nothing wrong with that anon. I got frustrated with that many times, especially since the map it's fucking awful (it gets better when you have the teleporting mirrors), but the crazy things NPC said and the jokes kept drawing me in. Also the boss battle are hella fun. There's also more story going forward (and I know for a fact that YW2 is hella more story-heavy). Also early in the game they don't give you many yokai options and that can feel a little limiting, especially giving the huge selection of pokemon you have in XY and ORAS, but even that changes quickly. I wish they implemented a yokai-favourite food guide in the game though because I needed the internet too many times for that.
>>
>>26911789
I'll give the series another chance when YW2 comes out, seems like most of the first game's issues were fixed in that one
>>
>Gamefreak made yokai-watch design pokemon
>/vp/ will seriously defend this

kek
>>
all of them except the pikaclone are based to different degrees and this thread is the proof that /vp/ has a terminal case of shit taste
the only solution for y'all is to eliminate yourself from the gene pool just in case, since we all know your chances of reproduction are little to none
>>
Obviously gf want the yokai audience creatign goofy designs, first rotomdex now this
>>
>>26911435
it's a meme you dip
>>
>>26911833
/vp/ will defend anything
They could make an entire gen of item based pokemon and you'd have fags to defend it
>>
>>26911750
You'd better start getting used to it being Grubbin's evo because I will literally kill myself if the bug with the zig zag horizontal mouth, two horns next to its mouth, spots on the side of its body, and love of electricity doesn't evolve into the bug with the zig zag horizontal mouth, two horns next to its mouth, spots on the side of its body, and the word "charger" in its name. Same sentence for Vikavolt but with "volt" in its name instead. Like holy shit, I know Alomomola didn't evolve from Luvdisc and Heracross didn't evolve from Pinser but these pokemon are in the same gen as each other and they actually have WAY more shared design traits than those other pokemon. There's absolutely no way grubbin doesn't evolve into them.
>>
>>26911486
My first thought when I saw it was a bus lol. With the final evolution being an attack helicopter or some kind of aircraft but I'm probably wrong.
>>
>>26911816
Not that anon but it did, even when you're early in the game it feels like a big improvement over the fucking original imo. I couldn't play it that much but the only thing that got worse is bug catching, fishing was improved, however.
>>
File: 3254236234234e2.jpg (37KB, 378x378px) Image search: [Google]
3254236234234e2.jpg
37KB, 378x378px
We better have fucking 100+ pokemon

I'm fucking serious, if the designs are going to look this retarded we better at least have alot of them

>inb4only70
>>
>>26911816
Yes. They fixed the menu, the game is as story heavy as the second half of the first, you've got more selection and they decided to stick the recolor thing only to more popular yokais, and in a different way (there are not proper recolors as in YW but more like different forms, take the new set of Jinbanyan and Komas introduced as an example). You can befriend bosses, there are tons of new bosses, the map is huge (albeit they didn't fix the bottom screen terrible map), they've doubled down on the jokes and online multiplayer to battle friends. The only real complaints I've heard about YW2 are
>again, the bottom screen map is terrible
>you can't befriend the new class of yokai until the third version
>whisper has now its anime personality which is less of an help and more like a butt monkey

Plus the new oni time/buster is so fun it got spinoffed in its own game. Hoping that reaches the west too. We should catch up though. US sales have been similar to Japan's ones when the game first got out, and they're especially strong in countries prone to accept japanese culture as France or Italy. The anime is also doing good and Hasbro said they're selling a strong number of merchandise. Hope we can get a worldwide release by the time we reach YW4
>>
>It's okay when gamefreak does it episode
>>
>>26911856

That's true, /vp/ defended omega ruby and alpha sapphire after all.
>>
>>26911884
Oh and the stuff in Grubbins pokedex makes sense if it was a cable car. That would fit with the rest too.
>>
>>26910552

Pokemon's first generation had:

>A pile of toxic sludge (Grimer line)
>A cloud of smog (Koffing line)
>A magnet (Magnemite line)
>A literal computer program (Porygon)
>A pile of biomass (Ditto)

Pokemon's second generation had:

>Literally the entire alphabet. (Unown)
>Another computer program (Porygon fucking 2)

Pokemon's third generation had:

>Blobs (whatever the fuck Gulpin/Swalot are)
>Rocks shaped like celestial entities (Lunatone/Solrock)

Pokemon's fourth generation had:

>Fucking balloons (Drifloon line)
>A fucking bell (Bronzong)
>Yet another magnet (Magnezone)
>Yet another computer program (Porygon Z)

Pokemon's fifth generation had:

>A coffin (Confagrigus)
>Trash (Trubbish line)
>More blobs (Solosis line)
>Ice cream (Vanillite line)
>Gears (Klink line)
>Candles (Litwick line)

Pokemon's sixth generation had:

>A sword (Honedge line)
>An iceberg (Bergmite line)

We've had inanimate objects for pokemon every generation. What's wrong with a duffle bag Pokemon?
>>
>>26910493

Holy shit those are fucking terrible.

Is this what pokemon has come to?
>>
>>26912151
Gulpin is a stomach
>>
Oh God please be fake, or at least be the worst of the Alola dex. Eugh.
>>
>>26913067
>>26912543
>>
>>26913067
Not fake
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.