[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: types you never use In my case, i never use pure Normal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

File: types.png (363KB, 810x602px) Image search: [Google]
types.png
363KB, 810x602px
ITT: types you never use

In my case, i never use pure Normal or Fighting types, i find both boring.
>>
>>26895633
Rock is probably the only type I've never actually used in the main game. Ground is just superior to it in every way.
>>
Dragon type.

Extremely overrated type. Edgy designs without reasons and "just a dragon" origins. And its moves are ridiculous and useless.
>>
>>26895633
I avoid Normal types like the plague. Literally the only exceptions are Chansy, Arceus, and Chatot.
>>
In a normal playthrough, I just never use fire types. There's just types that fit with the team better. ine exception was my Crystal playthrough though, where I got a shiny Magby from the Odd Egg.
>>
>>26895633
Yeah because you're boring
>>
>>26895633
>he didn't solo with dunsparce
>>
File: abaddon.jpg (25KB, 383x294px) Image search: [Google]
abaddon.jpg
25KB, 383x294px
>>26895666
Holy fuck those trips
>>
>>26895649
Rock is almost always paired with another type, its kinda rare to see a pure rock pokemon. Of course, they exist, but its not a usual sight.
Its like Pure flying, if it actually exists.
>>
>>26895667
I'm the opposite. I get antsy if I don't have fire coverage on my teams. I feel like a fire type makes my team feel complete.
>>
File: Sword.png (259KB, 974x716px) Image search: [Google]
Sword.png
259KB, 974x716px
I have never used ghost
>>
>>26895687
>Pure Rocks
Sudowoodo, Nosepass, Regirock, Cranidos Rampardos, Bonsly, Roggenrola, Boldore Gigalith, Iwanko

>Pure Flying
Tornadus

>Only Primary Flying type
Noibat, Noivern

Feelsbadman
>>
In most playthroughs I never have an electric resistance or a fighting so that leaves
>rock
>ground
>fighting
>>
I'm pretty sure I've never used a poison type in my history of playing, including playthrough and meta.

I've also never used Ghost in a playthrough team until recently with Dusclops, was pleasantly surprised by it. Would use again.
>>
>>26896458
>Not evolving your Golbat into Crobat
>>
>>26895633
I don't use Ice types much. They always come super late and most of them are shitty.
>>
>>26896561
>using zubat
>>
>>26895633
Boring? Normal Types are made to be goody weird shit.
>>
Bug.
Everything else is impossible to get or easy as shit but useless.

AND WHY THE FUCK IS PINSIR STILL MONO-BUG AND NOT BUG/FIGHTING. IT LEARNS NOTHING BUT FIGHTING TYPE MOVES AND X-SCISSOR FUCK
>>
File: marlon x finneon.jpg (89KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
marlon x finneon.jpg
89KB, 500x667px
>>26895633

I almost never use Fighting, Flying, Normal, Electric and Fire pokemon. There are just so few designs within those types that even interest me.
>>
File: 1464752868336.jpg (49KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1464752868336.jpg
49KB, 256x256px
>>26895633
>Mienshao
>Porygon
>boring
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
>>26897774
>not using zubat
>>
>>26895667
You must like the Hoenn and Sinnoh games then, since they lack good fire types.
>>
>>26895633
I've never used Poison and I've only ever used Electric once. None of these Pokemon interest me, with the only exception being the Eelecktross I used in BW2.

However if we wanna talk about most used types there's always at least one fighting type on my team with the only exception being BW2.
>>
>>26899367
Oh wait shit I DID use a Gengar in my VC Red run but you can't swing a dead cat in aka to without hitting a Poison type.
>>
>>26895633
Ever since I started using more than my starter (Gen 3), by some coincidence, a Fighting Type is almost always on my end team, and not counting starters, either.
>>
>>26895633
I find Normal types boring, I almost never use them.
>>
Fairy because it's gay
>>
>>26895633
Ice
Not because of weaknesses because I do like grass and rock but to me it's the with the most boring type.
>>
Fairy, fire and fighting are easily the worst outside of fire starters. Even then there's terrible ones like Blaziken or Delphox.
>>
I've used every type in a playthrough at least once.

But my least used is probably electric. So few good pokemon of that type and even less of them worth using. Plus a very small amount of dual-types and I prefer to use dual-type pokemon.
>>
Why don't they just retcon normal to fighting types? What is even the difference? They both fight and they both have no special type of power or characteristics like other types do. Sure fighting is hero type but super would be a better name than fighting. Always thought the name fighting didn't fit with the rest.
>>
>>26899923
>he thinks there is no difference between a trained martial artist and a guy that likes to yell alot
>>
Rock, Ground, Electric, Water, Flying, and Psychic are pretty much the only types I use. I usually have a party of mixed attackers so I'll still have access to other types as needed.
>>
>>26895633
Normal is exactly the type I use the most. After it, probably Grass, Water, Bug and Fairy (last one because of Slurpuff, Togekiss and Wigglytuff, I happen to like them a lot, but not most of Fairy designs).

Rock, Ground, Ghost and Electric are not that used. I commonly use mons like Banette, Emolga, Probopass and Sandslash, but mostly because of their design rather than their type.

However, it's funny because the only Fightning mon I remember finishing a game with is Mienshao (and Mega Lopunny if it counts). Jeez, their designs are mostly lacking and follow the same kind of humanshape weirdos. I still want to try Heracross and Lucario ingame, but I always end up putting something else.

>>26895666
Nice trips and, wow, funny because the three you mentioned are the only lines (adding Ditto and Lickitung) I've never used ingame.

>>26899367
I had a hard time using Poison mons, but recently I replayed Red and used Venomoth. After following the generations I came after them more. Tentacruel in Gen 2, Swalot in Gen 3, Crobat and Vileplume in Gen 4 and so it goes. They are not crazily good, but their lack of weaknesses kind of help many more times than I thought they would.

>>26899722
You seriously may have a hard time try to convince yourself of your "masculinity". Get over it already.

>>26899851
This, pretty much. I understand the appeal of Elekid, Pikachu, Minun/Plusle and etc but they just never feel good enough for the team. I already tried Minun and also finished with it but their lack of resistances never let them be good switch-ins.
>>
>>26895633
fuck u normal best type
>>
>>26895633
i avoid using flying and fire types
>>
Ghost and Ice types.

I usually form a team early game, and they just aren't available that much.
>>
I think the last fighting type I used was the gift Lucario,but before that I had never used one. I am trying to use a machop in a platinum I'm doing (got it with no guard). On electrics I've used quite a few more including jolteon (this was my first blue version run at like age 5 I didn't know it was shit), magnezone in W2 (became my bro) and a zebrastrika in my W2 nuzlocke that I was able to transfer.
>>
>>26900735
Right I did use blazekin and infernape as starters, but those aren't pure fighting which I had never done until now.
>>
I don't actively avoid any types, but somehow my teams still often end up without them. Rock, Ground, Grass, Flying, Fire, Ice, Dragon, Fighting are not represented in my teams very often. Water, Poison, Normal, Bug and Psychic types are on nearly every tean though.
>>
Ice is pretty much the only type I can't recall using in all of the years I've been playing Pokemon. I've been playing since gen 1, btw.
Electric: pikachu, manectric, mareep, shinx, minun, etc
Ghost: ghastly, sableye, etc
Steel: Aaron, magnemite, skarmory, etc
Posion: Beedril, Swalot, Seviper
Dark: Poochyena, Absol
Fairy: Slurpuff

I guess I haven't used Dragon very often while playing through the games, though I used a tyrantrum recently

Struggling to think of a single ice type lol
>>
>>26895633
I never use Fairy or Steel in game.
>>
>>26895633
Normal is probably the most solid typing when it comes to design and variety. It is definitely one of my favs.
>>
>>26895633
I never use Fire in the games, unless I pick a fire starter.
Besides that, I don't remember having a ghost in my team.
>>
>>26895633
Rock, ground & steel
>>
I try to avoid using :

Poison - Dragon - Normal - Grass - Bug

Those are not really useful types on the offensive side (I use sometimes mons like crobat, nidoking or shitty birds to fly, but not for their types)
>>
>>26895633
psychic
only ones i like are Lugia and Deoxys and i dont use legends in game
>>
>>26895633
Mono-normal or normal/flying are usually the first to be dropped on purpose.

Bug generally gets outclassed too quickly for a permanent spot.

I don't like most poison types on an aesthetic level which means they are ignored too.
>>
>>26895633
ghost, bug just because it gets outclassed, fairy, grass types

i like a lot of the boring normal/ground/rock types
>>
>>26900839
Ice gets shafted because it
1) generally is weak defensively and slow to boot.
2) held for the late game.

If Mamoswine is pretty fun, except its either right near the 8th gym in Gen 2 OR Giant Chasm in Gen 5.5 AND you need either the move reminded or breeding to get a Piloswine evolved.
>>
>>26895633
I've only used two fire types in my life; Typhlosion when I played Crystal as a kid, and more recently Litwick's line.
I don't have anything against the type, I just don't tend to be interested by the majority of its designs. Tried to use Magcargo ingame once, but that didn't go well.
>>
>>26895633
In playthroughs I almost never use Ice or Electric types, despite both of them being among my favorite types to use over in competitive.

Guess the issue is that good mons of that type are either late-game or just a pain in the ass to get. Jumping through all the hoops to get an Electivire or Thundurus or waiting until near the 8th gym to get a pilo/mamoswine is just disappointing cause you usually have your full team assembled by the 5th or 6th gym.
>>
>>26899923
>snorlax
> fighting type

You just wewed my lads
>>
>>26895633
Ghost,steel,bug and rock
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 475x475px
>>26899923
no.
>>
>>26901590
>>26901638
>>26900569
>using any attack
>not fighting
>>
i avoid dragon, ice(with the execption of the snorunt line), and rock types
dragon feels like an unfair advantage in the maingame, rocks never interested me, and ice is just.....bleh
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.