[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got Alpha Sapphire after skipping the original gen 3 way

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: absol.jpg (202KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
absol.jpg
202KB, 1920x1080px
I just got Alpha Sapphire after skipping the original gen 3 way back when, and being the edgelord I am I want to use Absol as my main pokemon, next to my Swampert. Should I catch one or breed one, and if breed, what's a good way to do that? I've never really done breeding aside from getting starters to trade. Any advice would be appreciated.
>>
>>26888744
Inject it :^)
>>
>>26888799
I'd like to avoid hacks. Takes all the fun away.
>>
>>26888744
do you have another pokemon game you can transfer an absol from?

If so, just absol + ditto/pokemon that can breed with absol + daycare

remember that if you use a pokemon that's not a ditto, the absol has to be female
>>
>>26888838
I don't have one to carry over, unfortunately.
When hatching my tens of thousands of eggs trying to find a good one, how will I know when it actually is a good one? Natures and IVs and all that are greek to me.
>>
File: 1451357152289.jpg (376KB, 668x920px) Image search: [Google]
1451357152289.jpg
376KB, 668x920px
>>26888744
>>26888859
Most natures boost one stat by 10% and lower another stat by 10%, with a few natures being entirely neutral. You're going to want one that boosts Attack or Speed without dropping either stat. Once you get an Absol that has the correct nature, give it an Everstone before sticking it in the daycare; that way, it'll be guaranteed to pass down the correct nature.

IVs are a little trickier to breed for, though you can have a parent hold onto a Destiny Knot to ensure that 5 IVs are passed down instead of 3. The other 1 to 3 IVs are randomly generated.

IVs most likely won't matter in the main game anyways, so don't stress out too much; unless you get absolutely shit IVs, they don't become a big deal until Battle Resort.

good taste btw
>>
>>26888744

You can probably ask /wfg/ or /shg/ for a non-injected absol
>>
>>26888744
Swampert a shit.
>>
Just inject it :^)
>>
>>26888744
Dude, you don't need to breed a perfect Absol for the main game, unless there's an egg move you want. Either get a random Lv. 1 Absol from someone here or catch it in game.
>>
im usng my shiny absol since back in the day when black came out. its my main pokemon, though the stats really suck compared to my other, hatched 6IV pokemon.

its a good thing, for the maingame i´d just use a catched one via PokedexNavi after the treehouse city. get one with lucky ability. eggmoves dont matter, all you need is nightslash and psychoblade. mine also has fasle swipe for catching pokemon. and thunderwave.
>>
>>26888744
If you want a good absol for the main game,just use the Dexnav to chain one until you get 3stars(random 3ivs) and have a synchroniser at the front of your party with the desired nature(50% chance of getting one with the desired nature)

>>26888859

Quick breeding guide.
!!!Make sure that you have access to the Battle Resort!!!

>What are natures?
Natures boost one stat by 10% and reduce one by 10%,but there are also natures that don't affect stat growth.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nature

A table with all natures and the way they affect stats.

>How to pass down a desired nature?
Parent Pokemon with nature that you want to pass down+everstone = the whole offspring will have the nature.

>How to pass down abilities
Female pokemon have a higher chance of passing down an ability.

>How to pass down IVs?

It's a bit tricky with this one.You need 2 parents and one of them should be holding a destiny knot.This ensures that the parents will pass down RANDOM 5IVs.The 6th IV is random.The easiest way to breed for IVs is to use a 6IV Ditto.You will have a hard time finding non-injected one though.I transferred my Japanese RNG'd 6IV Ditto from Platinum.

>inb4 you are a cheater
I honestly don't care.

Required items for breeding :

Destiny knot+everstone

Before you start breeding :

Make sure that you have a Pokemon with Flame body or Magma Armour and the Hatching O-power.This will speed up the hatching process.

Some extra items:
-Oval Charm -Raises the chance of finding an egg.Can be obtained after completing the Hoenn Dex (Jirachi isn't required)
-Shiny Charm - Raises the chance of finding a shiny pokemon.Can be obtained after you complete the National Pokedex(Mythical pokemon aren't required).

Good luck fampai.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.