[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm scared guys, What if Pokemon SM end up being easier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 18

I'm scared guys, What if Pokemon SM end up being easier than XY and ORAS? I'm not asking for a hard Game no of course not but i just want to play a Game like Black/White and Platinum in terms of Difficulty.
>>
Nice blog, faggot.

Go cry about how triggered you'll be with the other retards on tumblr.
>>
>>26887675

Don't worry about it.
>>
File: darn.png (15KB, 323x286px) Image search: [Google]
darn.png
15KB, 323x286px
>>26887675
People will whine about it and we'll get to watch people have identical arguments about it for the rest of time. That's what'll happen.
>>
File: cJI9tMB.png (468KB, 800x440px) Image search: [Google]
cJI9tMB.png
468KB, 800x440px
>>26887675

>Rival gets the weaker starter

We're doomed lads.
>>
File: Pooplio5.jpg (156KB, 590x516px) Image search: [Google]
Pooplio5.jpg
156KB, 590x516px
>>26887675
>>
>>26887736
I can't wait
>>
>>26887744
All that means is that the third starter goes to somebody else, as it has a number of times in the past.
>>
>>26887744
>Rival already has a super effective second pokemon this early.
Not that bad, stop being a faggot
>>
>>26887675
The games are so easy I can't even tell the difference really
>>
>>26887696
Newfag

I don't think they could make it easier honestly
>>
File: God darn.png (576KB, 947x535px) Image search: [Google]
God darn.png
576KB, 947x535px
>>26887736
>Darn
>>
>>26887675
You know there are ways to challenge yourself by making your own run through rules
>>
>>26887696
this
>>
>>26887675

>That 25+ year old faggot that cries like a baby when a pokemon game isn't "hard"

Thats how you can tell when someone doesn't battle people online.

Also black and white were not hard. People only think that because it was a trash game that needed a revision to even be considered to be decent.

>>26887744
>He thinks there isnt more than one rival

Come on now. Anyone who has played BW, XY, and ORAS knows that you dont have one rival anymore.

Doesn't matter anyway cause the rivals are scrubs while i'm a pokemon master.
>>
The campaign being even easier is pretty low on the list of things most likely to kill Pokemon realistically
>>
Even if BW's difficulty wasn't that bad, Platinum was far harder than it. Just saying.
>>
>>26889269
I love Platinum's difficulty. I just hate the pace of it's animations.
>>
>>26887862
We only saw Pichu. So normally effective on Rowlett, and normally effective on Litten.
>>
File: 533.png (106KB, 325x166px) Image search: [Google]
533.png
106KB, 325x166px
>>26888417
>Gen V wasn't hard
>>
>>26889358
You must be border-line retarded to believe any main-line pokemon game is hard
>>
im playing bw2. this game is to difficult and it makes it less fun
>>
>>26889358
The only thing hard about gen 5, 5 as in the proper alpha numeric symbol for the number five. Was resisting the urge to shut off the damn DS.

That was until BW2 made it somewhat bearable.
>>
>>26888417
>>That 25+ year old faggot that cries like a baby when a pokemon game isn't "hard"
Even my little sis complains about how fucking easy this series is.
It's not being dumbed down for kids, it's being dumbed down for literal retards.

>Hurr durr how do I memorize the chartz boss
>here's ur free legendary if you KO it don't worry you can try again
>EXP share works for every pokaymans in the party kid so don't bother switching to someone other than ur starter
I can't wait to see what great features SM will add. Maybe trainers will just heal you after every battle.
>>
File: Spieltrapez.jpg (17KB, 399x265px) Image search: [Google]
Spieltrapez.jpg
17KB, 399x265px
>>26889690

Its dumped down for casual gamers/youtubers. Faggots who can't think for themself. Go play gold/silver or dragonquest monster 1 & 2 WITHOUT walkthrough, WITHOUT internet, i bet new faggers can't! Then complaining about bad graphics, bad level curve, go play with things -> pic related.
>>
>>26889690
Yeah and it was fucking easy for me when i was 8 years old and the game was on a stupid monochrome screen.

It was stupidly simple then and its stupidly simple now. Nothing has changed at all.
>>
>>26889959
>Nothing has changed at all.

Except the exp share
And megas
And gyms using 3 pokemon max
And E4 using 4 pokemon max
And easier to catch legendaries
>>
File: 131.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
131.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>26889438
>The only thing hard about gen 5 was resisting the urge to shut off the damn DS.
>>
>>26890132
>And legendaries being handed to you without the need to fight or catch them
ftfy
>>
>>26889358
I'm a Gen V fanboy, but we need to admit that's were the dumbing down started.
>Gym leaders had no more than 3 PokƩmon
>E4 no more than 4
But beyond this it wasn't that fucking joke that's Gen VI
>>
File: 343.jpg (42KB, 596x628px) Image search: [Google]
343.jpg
42KB, 596x628px
>>26889438
>5 as in the proper alpha numeric symbol for the number five
>Not using superior Roman numbers
Filthy plebeian
>>
>>26890132
>Except the exp share
...in the first game.

>And gyms using 3 pokemon max
3 being the standard for every region, with a few exceptions. Also number of Pokemon =/= difficulty.

>And E4 using 4 pokemon max
Yeah and not using unevolved or weak crap anymore. The day of using first route shit at the E4 are over. Also number of Pokemon =/= difficulty.

>And easier to catch legendaries
No, not really.
>>
File: Dragonite.png (398KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Dragonite.png
398KB, 800x450px
>>26887675
I do want a hard game, I don't want everyone to have to play it that way vutbinwant to be stretched. All I'm asking for is difficulty levels, it that so hard?
>>
>>26887675
Who the fuck gives a shit?
>>
>>26889895
I can't speak for Dragon Quest, but how is G/S hard in any way? I barely knew a word of English when I beat it for the first time. Same with RBY.

>>26890311
Now, I mostly agree with you that the games have always been easy as fuck, but Legendaries are objectively easier to catch now. Even the ones that didn't have their catch rate set to 40+ are easier to catch solely due to the overhaul of the capture mechanics.

To strengthen your argument though, most people also forget that NPCs didn't have shit for coverage until Gen IV.
For example, Marshall and Shauntal from Gen V are infinitely harder than Bruno and Agatha ever were because they can actually cover their weaknesses and use a wide array of moves. Even with 3 PokƩmon instead of 4 they'd be more of a challenge.
>>
>>26890311
>>And easier to catch legendaries
>No, not really.
Rayquaza's catch rate rate raised from 3 to 45, making it as easy to catch as the ever so common Onix and Gyarados.
Oh but it's to further the plot so it doesn't matter, right?

I recall XY's legendaries being easy as fuck to catch too. To be fair to Gen VI though I think Black/White started this trend of "mandatory box legendaries lmao" by FORCING you to catch Kyruem/Reshiram.
>>
>>26890511
Fugg, I meant to say Reshiram/Zekrom but I think you get the point.
I guess that shows how little of an impact that the games made on me despite having playing them only 5 years ago.
>>
>>26890511
Yeah, BW started the trend (although it actually felt appropriate in that particular game. Why exactly did Xerneas/Yveltal ABSOLUTELY had to join you again?), but the catch rate thing goes back even further. Dialga and Palkia's catch rates were 30, same as a Chatot.
>>
>>26890511
And now Reshiram, Kyurem, Zekrom, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina have 3. What is your point?
>>
>>26890552
Those are legendaries from a different game and purely optional, I'm talking about forced legends on the cover of their games.
Thanks for keeping up.
>>
>>26890552
Kyurem and Giratina's catch rate has always been 3, actually. Groudon and Kyogre's is also 3 now, it used to be 5.
>>
>>26890578
So -some- legendaries are easier to catch now? Which makes the complaint basically worthless?
>>
>>26890608
Most complaints about difficulty are worthless.

With how storytelling is changing in the games and how they're centering around legendary pokemon. It's at a point where catching the story centric legendary is pretty much expected.

Not like you can use them in competitive battles anyway so i dont know why someone would complain about that. It's just there for fun and for the pokedex.
>>
I lobe seeing difficulty fags getting so triggered and mad over this dumb shit
>>
File: baby_spielzeug.jpg (283KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
baby_spielzeug.jpg
283KB, 1600x1600px
>>26890669

Please hand over your 3ds and being a cuck, play with things -> pic related, thanks.
>>
So am I the only one that doesn't care about difficulty in kids games? I play for the story anyways.
>>
>>26890627
>not that you can use them in competitive battles anyway
I didn't SR a half-decent Groudon for nothing
>>
>I'm scared, bros!!
>>>/v/
>>
>>26890339
>gf introduces difficulty levels
>hardest level just plays like platinum
>>
>>26888159
Thats not the point. You can also make Dark Souls harder if you want.
>>
>>26887744
>Caring about a battle that has never been strategic in the first place

The starters come with a STAB attack this time, having you fight an unwinable battle over and over until you get lucky would absolute shit design

/Thread
>>
File: Baby-Spielzeug1.jpg (42KB, 297x199px) Image search: [Google]
Baby-Spielzeug1.jpg
42KB, 297x199px
>>26890823

NOTHING to do with unwinable battle. Had something to do with level curve and selection of pokemon in villian/rival teams. Best Challenge will be: AI automatically choose super effective moves, 5+level above your team, pokemon with multible elemental moves. If you cant deal with this, go play -> pic related, thank you.
>>
Every Pokemon game is piss easy, making it even easier doesn't change a thing. Maybe you should get better at video games
>>
File: e3.png (291KB, 465x281px) Image search: [Google]
e3.png
291KB, 465x281px
>>26887675
At e3 the Rival had the starter at level 7
>>
G-guy, w-what if they introduce an auto-battle mode?
>>
>>26890952
I guess the pokemon scales with the players level:o

unless someone got pokenchi footage to shot me the level of that litten.
>>
>>26891031
*show

stupid auto correct-_-
>>
>>26889438
a, so its finally fucking summer
gen V is agreed to be the best one, retarded newfag
>>
>>26890921
>lv50 rival by the second encounter
Yeah no.
>>
File: VP users..png (311KB, 608x406px) Image search: [Google]
VP users..png
311KB, 608x406px
the gym leaders will battle using only 3 pokemon just like the last 2 gens.

the rival chooses the starter weak to you.

legendary pokemon join you without having to be battled and caught.

I bet this game can be won by using just one starting route normal type pokemon.
>>
File: vp underage.png (56KB, 586x308px) Image search: [Google]
vp underage.png
56KB, 586x308px
>>26891039
agreed by who, underage /vp/ mongloids? The opposite is more likely to be true.
>>
>>26887675
> no exp share, battle style to set
here you go, having pokemon in hard.

I play Y with this setting and my whole team got sweept in lyssandres cafƩ by a fucking Drapion. It used Acupressure and I literally always missed, it speed was higher than most of mine.

My team was: Chesnaught(52), Garchomp (50), CharizardX(43), Azumarill(48), Pawniard(49), Sliggo(48).
>>
>>26891039
The retarded newfag shows that he's a retarded newfag by holding the belief that /vp/ could all share the same opinion on anything.
>>
>>26891071
oh, /vp/ is full of underages when supposed leaks are happening here during times whena new game is coming out?
what a shock!

>what a faggot says on twitter must be true
>google analytic surely is reliable
>>
>>26891059

Give me your fucking 3ds and get cucked by your 3ds. Go play easier games.
>>
>>26891112
>lv50 rival by the second encounter
Yeah no.
>>
>>26887675
There is no problem if SM is easier than the previous games, who play pokemon for the storyline except kids? If the postgame and the game's mechanics (like IV and EV) are simplified there, we're gonna have a problem, but there's no way it happen
>>
>>26891094
/vp/ is always full of underaged and you're one of them
>>
>>26887675
XY and ORAS were A button pressing simulators. I don't think it possibly could be any easier. It'll either be the same or better.
>>
File: Easy faggots.jpg (25KB, 459x213px) Image search: [Google]
Easy faggots.jpg
25KB, 459x213px
Underage, born in the 2000+, can't even play a game without walkthrough & Internet... you even wonder why \vp\ & \pol\ are ridiculously dumb.
>>
Game freak apologists will defend literally anything holy shit.
>>
>same director as ORAS

Expect the legendary to be handed to you mid-game.
>>
>>26891207
All the Pokemon games are A button pressing simulators.
>>
>>26891298
>>
>>26891298
But ORAS makes you fight the powered legendary at the end...
>>
>>26891320
Try to A mash your way through the Frontier.
>>
>>26887675
Got you covered OP:
Play Japanese version
No Saving
Nuzlocke
No sound
Left-handed
Pinky only
Using a Game Boy Color
No video
While doing a handstand
Balancing a basketball on each foot
No items
Final Destination
Fox Only

Tell me how it goes xD
>>
>>26891081
That was just you being shit at the game.
>>
>>26891524
Try to A mash your way through the Maison.
>>
>>26891557
sure bro.
why do you donĀ“t try it for yourself? :) no exp share and set.
>>
>>26890311
>...in the first game.

You're either retarded or one of those underage who didn't actually play gen 1. The exp all literally split the exp six ways, it doesn't give you 350% exp out of nowhere like the gen 6 one does.

>3 being the standard for every reason.
No, BW and XY only have three MAX. And yes more Pokemon means more difficulty you retard, it's one extra Pokemon you have to plan on taking out that can also take you out. Saying that someone like Cynthia or Ghetsis would just as easy with one Pokemon is just retarded.

>Yeah and not using unevolved or weak crap anymore
WOW THAT UNDERLEVELED PYROAR IS SUCH A THREAT GUYS

>No, not really
Yes really. Zekrom is easier to catch. Reshiram is easier to catch. Rayquaza in ORAS is easier to catch. Xerneas is easier to catch. Yveltal is wasier to catch. Lati@s is handed to you mid game instead of having to catch it yourself while it spawns in different routes randomly.
>>
>>26891298
>same director as ORAS
What really? Fucking shit i didn't bought a 3DS for this
>>
>>26891081
>> no exp share, battle style to set
>here you go, having pokemon in hard.

Who doesn't have this enabled all the time anyway? I've been playing set for as long as I can remember and disabled party-wide EXP share the moment it was a thing.

The games are still getting easier and it needs to be fixed, at least with some kind of added difficulty mode.
>>
>>26887862
Maybe hau will get a second Mon that is stronger than your starter?
>Pichu for Popplio
>Pikipek for Rowlet
>Iwanko? for Litten
>>
>ITT: Autistic manchildren get triggered by a thinly veiled bait thread
Nice job OP.
>>
>>26891169
I wont say I am an adult because that would just be suspect, but from my own observations on /vp/ it does seem to be alot of underage unless its just tards who cant type or spell well.
>>
File: Nobody cares.jpg (61KB, 500x414px) Image search: [Google]
Nobody cares.jpg
61KB, 500x414px
>>26887675
>>
>>26887744

You know, I don't get the train of thought of "the rival choose the weaker starter, game will be easy mode confirmed" Lets ignore the probability a third rival will appear and imagine a world where Hau is the only rival.

Only the first two fights does that play any relevancy into the difficulty of the rival fights. And even then doesn't factor into whether the starter they choose was a shitmon or not.

The silver fights sure as hell aren't made harder when they choose chikorita to "counter" your totodile
>>
>>26892061
Powered effect or not it was still a crutch that made so that you didn't have to actually use a Pokemon.

You don't seem to understand. 3 is the standard for every region. Only a few trainers have more.
If more Pokemon means more difficulty, it means that every Magikarp fishman is more difficult than any E4 ever? You know, since they have more Pokemon.
You know why Cynthia or Ghetsis are difficult, retard? BECAUSE THEIR POKEMON ARE GOOD. Nobody cares about Cynthia's Roserade or Ghetsis's Seismitoad, Garchomp and Hydreigon are all the shit.

Quality > Quantity

>Underleveld Pyroar
What are you talking about?
Whatever, i'm talking to someone defending a gym leader 7 with a fucking Growlithe.

>legendaries with lowered catch rates are easier to catch
Huh-uh.
>>
>>26896984

I'm not that guy but I think you need to stop. If we're talking about E4 or a gym leader, then yes - more Pokemon does make a harder challenge.

I understand what you're saying about the main threats, but on plenty of occasions the 'sub' Pokemon of a leader's team has really thrown me off, especially when you consider they're often a different type.

Also Gen I Exp share is not comparable to Gen VI onward's Exp share, Gen I's Exp share was probably more useless than II - V's, it's a stretch to call it a 'crutch' let alone compare it to what we have now.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.