[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My mind's blown and I am fucking hyped now. https://ww

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 36

File: The End.jpg (14KB, 196x110px) Image search: [Google]
The End.jpg
14KB, 196x110px
My mind's blown and I am fucking hyped now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrPKq4lk1NQ

tl;dr Pokemon Sun and Moon has tons of alchemy references which ties into "death and rebirth". The death of the old Pokemon world and the rebirth of the new one. So basically Pokemon Flashpoint or Pokemon Stone Ocean.
>>
sounds like some gay ass try hard fanfic bullshit
>>
>>26884788
Isn't this the guy who did a video about how the furfag fandom was created?
>>
File: 1278735418948.gif (778KB, 472x324px) Image search: [Google]
1278735418948.gif
778KB, 472x324px
>Sun and Moon IS THE CLIMACTIC ENDING
no, it will be Z, because, you know, Z is the last letter of alphabet and stuff
it's also the reason that we didn't got Z in Gen 6, but the Zygard plot continues
>>
Well, considering Nintendo has recently gotten a hard-on for changing, rebooting and so forth every major franchise they have, and also the fact that Game Freak seems slowly hellbent on trying to get out of Nintendo's grip forever to do other shit, I wouldn't be surprised at all if this legit was the last games for the "old era" of pokemon.

Although if we soon have a new gen of Pokemon with NONE of the old ones ever obtained ever again, just new ones, then /vp/ is going to turn into a smoldering piles of ruins due to assmad waifufags and Bui unleashing his ultimate autism.
>>
>>26885259

Don't forget the Tailsposter taking a massive dump on everything in sight.
>>
SUN AND MOON IS THE CINEMATIC ENDING FOR THE NON-MEGA EVOLUTION TIME LINE.

THERE WILL BE NO MEGA EVOLUTIONS IN POKEMON SUN AND MOON.
>>
calcination: Mewtwo destroys the natural order
dissolution: TR breaks down the barriers of evolution itself
separation: the power of mega evolution is isolated
conjunction: the world is reborn by the power of Dialga and Palkia
fermentation: the idea of unity of humans and pokemon is grown
distillation: the world is purified for the power of Mega evolution
coagulation:
>>
>>26885259
>if we soon have a new gen of Pokemon with NONE of the old ones ever obtained ever again
I would go full rage mode. I would probably quit Pokemon. Being able to never see my favorite Pokemon again would be absolutely devastating. Game freak wouldn't do such a thing.
>>
>>26885327
Sun and moon is the beggining of the synchro timeline
>>
>>26885259
The only Nintendo game to be any thing close to rebooted recently was Fire Emblem, sorry you're triggered hard by spin-offs
>>
>>26885251
you're right. They'll do Z when we will get extra info on perfect Zygarde and original unova dragon woulb be there too. The Zymech and kyurem-bw can finally fusion together and create to ultimate mon, superior to god itself.
>>
>>26885388
Oh and Star Fox

I forget about it because Zero, while a slight reboot, is the closest to classic Star Fox we've had since the 64, which was also a reboot
>>
>>26885259
>w/o gamefreak
Oh my
>>
Maybe this is just the start of a new timeline. They wouldn't just reboot Pokemon.
>>
>>26884788
BUT IT'S JUST A THEORY

A GAAAAAAAAAAAME THEORY

Kill yourself OP
>>
File: 1464672366853.jpg (288KB, 1200x794px) Image search: [Google]
1464672366853.jpg
288KB, 1200x794px
I really hope so

So ash can stay with serena
>>
>>26884788

Wether the guy is right or not, I really enjoy all the symbolism they have added in gen 6. It adds another layer of depth to the games.

I, for one, ever since XY came out, have been saying Nintendo needs to give the franchise to a different developer that can modernize it. In my opinion, Gamefreak doesn't know where to take it gameplay-wise.
>>
>>26885251
>Z is the last letter of alphabet and stuff
So is Omega Anon, and we just got Omega Ruby.
>>
>>26886610

I'm curious, what do you feel isn't "modern" about the series? What do you think should be done?
>>
He didn't say shit about Rainbow, Fits perfect
Gen 7
7 colors in Light
Alchemy
>>
>>26884788
GameXplain literally explained this in 16 FUCKONG MINUTES and with no clickbait titles, nor memes.

This guy in 45 minutes. Don't give this guy views.
>>
>>26885395
And then it fights Primal Arceus and they throw galaxies at each other
>>
File: image.jpg (104KB, 837x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 837x360px
This might be a stretch, but I thought of this when he was talking about the alchemy circle.
>>
>>26886679
>GameXplain
>not clickbait
>>
>>26884788
This is so autistic, Nintendo is not going to gut their cash cow for a 'new pokemon world'. I swear this is as retarded as believing iv's disappearing, Ballio existing as a legitimate pokemon, and thinking breeding will be removed.
>>
>>26886673
There's also the fact that the Regi trio has OTH in their brail symbols.

Actually, what does the brail of the Regis say? Does it mean anything?
>>
>>26884788

Too unlikely to be true.
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 302x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 302x300px
>>26886743
I doubt it means Pokemon will be reset, but there's just too many connections for this not to mean anything.

You don't add this much meaning to everything and not have it mean something.
>>
>>26886771

You can find connections in anything if you want to.
>>
>>26886816
True, but Pokemon's been adding a lot more lore as of late, and Pokemon has already kind of had a lot of connections to mythology, astrology, and alchemy, so I wouldn't put it past them if at least some of the stuff he said was true.
Specifically the stuff about Ho-Oh and Lugia, and the possible Scorpion Legend.
>>
>>26886661
>>26886661

A lot of the game's design choices that would later become patterns were due to the limitations of the consoles at the time. Linear gameplay, blocked paths until you beat something else, linear scaling, single story with no sidequests, etc.

Games today, even RPGs are a lot more dynamic and open. They don't need to make it open world, but they could add a few ideas here and there to add depth (sidequests, achievements, etc).

Gamefreak also doesn't seems to decide wether or not they want to push the competitive scene. They take one step froward (breeding tools), two steps backwards (broken megas) with that. They need to make a decision so their design choices can be consistent and for people not to feel cheated on wether or not Pokemon can be a competitive thing.

I don't mean "modern" as in darker. I like the fun, friendly tone of the games.
>>
>>26885790
That's what OP's trying to say.
>>
Even if this ends up being the games that end the old pokeverse, it doesn't matter.

You can nuke the pokeworld, have pokegod destroy it, burn it to the ground, and even send it to the sun itself and burn the remains til nothing remains.

And yet no matter what's done, Pikachu will still somehow be there in the new pokeverse. Because that fucking yellow rat will never die.
>>
>>26886679
Link it then.
>>
>>26886885
Gamefreak might be emboldened by being able to artificially create popular mons enough to remove Pikachu. Lucario, Greninja to name a few.

It'll probably be another Jigglypuff fiasco though where they try to push for a new mon to be the official mascot for the new games but the fans settle on a different one.
>>
>>26884788
I can't believe this thread has gotten serious replies.
If there's one thing that I was never disappointed with in regards to /vp/, it's that most people here are quick to call bullshit on stupid garbage like this.
>>
I don't want this to be real. I don't want to lose my favourite mons. I don't want sableye, whimsicott, rampardos, gliscor or audino to go away. Even the ones I don't like. I don't think I've wanted something to be not real so badly since the roothoot leaks
>>
>>26886912
People were also quick to call bullshit on many things before, and stuff like wottergate happened
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 960x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 960x675px
>>26886912
A lot of his points work, and you could go even further with it if you wanted to.

I'm sure if an Anon said it you'd be fine with this.
>>
>>26886864

That's all totally fair. Often when people say "modern" they mean "open-world" or "edgy," but everything you said is reasonable, and I'd like to see those sorts of ideas also. Gamefreak does seem to be moving in some of those directions (BW2 did have "achievements" of a sort), but more advancement would be nice.
>>
He didn't say anything about the blue " revive "
Why is that ?
>>
>>26886936
>>26886939

Yeah, but this is obviously bullshit. I don't know why we're discussing this absurd crap.
>>
Speculative fan fiction headcanon garbage. Fuck off, shill.
>>
>>26886973
Could you say why it's bullshit? Your counterpoints up to now is that it's bullshit and nothing more
>>
>>26886986
You and the faggot in the video gave zero reason to believe any of it is true.
>>
File: image.jpg (129KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129KB, 700x700px
>>26886973
Name why at the very least the speculation about Ho-Oh and Lugia, the Arceus and Shaymin, and general Alchemy and Astrology points.

If you're going to say something is blush it, at least give a damn counterpoint.
>>
>>26886999
Nothing's going to come out of vague references and symbolism to other fields in the form of legendary Pokémon.
I know you're probably 15 and hyped over an epic fan theory, but these things have never come to fruition before, and no one has any reason to believe they do now.
>>
>>26886939
If an anon presented this information they wouldn't act like a faggot for the whole time and simply show a graph or something and calmly show all the connections and info.
>>
>>26886998
I didn't. The guy in the video sure did. The first 20 minutes were nothing but repeating or tying together a lot of evidence. Wether or not it will be true is something else, but it's there
>>
I think he said pretty accurate shit about the legendaries, Plot adna shit

But reboot? meh
>>
>>26887009
>Nothing's going to come out of vague references and symbolism to other fields in the form of legendary Pokémon.
How do you know?

I'm not saying it's true, in fact, I'm sceptical myself, but all you've said is "it can't be real because I can't be"
>>
>>26884788
>My mind's blown and I am fucking hyped now.
Jesus christ, kill yourself reddit.
>>
>>26886986

No, because that would involve giving this video one more undeserved view, which I'm not willing to do. It's enough to say that common sense dictates that everything that people are taking away from the video in this thread is utter nonsense.
>>
>>26887038
>How do you know?
Because it's never happened before.
Until it happens, there's no reason why anyone should believe this, and entertaining this guy's delusions just makes you a faggot.
>>
>>26887051
You litteral disregarded what you replied to. I never said you had to watch the damn video, just say a solid reason as to why you think it's bullshit aside from "I think it's bullshit".
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 338x305px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 338x305px
>>26887051
>I'm right and you're wrong; the argument
>>26887062
Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it can't.
And it's not like you haven't tried at all to prove any of his points wrong.
>>
>>26884788

I gonna watch this video to see what you are talking about.
>>
>>26887062
People predicted zygarde long before it was released through the other two's connection to Norse mythology, imbecile
>>
>>26887051
He didn't even say that you had to watch the video, all he asked was why do you think it's a crock of shit. All you have to say is 'I think it's bullshit because of x', why are you being obtuse about it? or are you admitting that you're just being argumentative with no real basis?
>>
>>26887073

I did, but I'll spell it out more clearly: any theory that concludes with "the series is ending" or some variation thereof is, simply by virtue of common sense, bullshit.
>>
I'll be skeptical until marshadow is revealed to be a scorpion. I do think this will be the last generation though
>>
>>26887127
But even he says the possiblity of Pokemon ending is unlikely, and at the very most there could be a reboot.
>>
>>26887127
There we go, was that so hard to do? Anyways I actually agree, I think the series won't end, but the relationship between alchemy and the plot could be neat, and maybe even the relationship of ho-oh and lugia could play out in the post game
>>
>>26887144
Equally retarded.
>>
>>26887206
Why? There have been reboots of games in the past.

Hell if anything Pokemon NEEDS a reboot.
>>
>>26887206
What happens if Nintendo doesn't release another handheld? That's looking like a possibility.
>>
>>26887224
Your reboot was gen 5, now fuck off.
>>
>>26887224
You think it needs a reboot from a gameplay or story perspective, fine. But does it need one from a financial perspective? Probably not, so it won't happen.

>>26887230
>That's looking like a possibility.
Why? What reason is there to believe they won't be releasing a new handheld?
>>
>>26887272
Gen 5 was not a reboot.
>>26887289
Pokemon is nowhere near as popular as it was back in the 90's.
Plus a majority of the fans that played Pokemon since Red have are adults now. And their target audience doesn't give a fuck about Pokemon.
>>
>>26887224
And nearly every one has been terrible. Applies to reboots in general, really.

Plus a reboot is the worst thing that could happen to Pokemon considering it sells almost entirely on nostalgia and brand recognization.

>>26887230
Moves to mobile with every other Nintendo series. Even then considering their handhelds always perform much better than the home consoles, that'd be an awful decision for Nintendo. They're more likely to make a handheld with an HDMI in it and ditch proper home consoles than ditch handhelds.
>>
>>26887330
The nostalgia is dying out because very few people give a fuck about Pokemon anymore.
Playing the same game for 20 years is only going to hold people for so long.
>>
>>26887328
>And their target audience doesn't give a fuck about Pokemon.
Even Nipponese children only care about minecraft. It's sick.

>>26887289
>>26887330
You're both right, actually. I was thinking about NX rumors but it's probably a handheld with TV output.
>>
>>26887357
People were saying that years ago, and Pokémon is still around.
Fuck off back to wherever you came from.
>>
Gen 5 was a soft-reboot. Not a full reboot.
And just to clarify. There is not going to be a reboot of the whole franchise. The poketuber who made this is a faggot and wants click bait in his title so he shitted something together.
Sun and Moon will loosely connect all the games in some way (mainly it will have strong connections with ORAS and XY)
That is all. Now shills for this shitty youtuber, go away.
>>
>>26887328
>Pokemon is nowhere near as popular as it was back in the 90's.

Of course not. It was a out-of-nowhere phenomenon then. You can't "reboot" back to that. Now, it's merely a consistently solid performer. What would Nintendo have to gain by "rebooting" the series? It's never getting back to its late-'90s level of popularity no matter what, so from a financial perspective, if it ain't broke, why fix it?
>>
>>26887384
>being this butthurt his favorite games, meant for children, are ending
>>
>>26887357
And a reboot will likely not capture a new audience any more, and just alienate the existing fans considering many natures of the series.
>>
>>26887397
its over anon. pokemon is on life support especially after oras
>>
>>26887400
I'm not sure why it never dawned on me that the idiots shilling this video were just shitposters from /v/.
>>
>>26887384
Look at Pokemon game sales and tell me that's not true.
Hell even /vp/ itself is starting to get tried of the same damn shit every game.
>>26887397
Except Pokemon has been steadily getting less and less sales as time goes on, and keep the formula is definitely not going to change anything.
>>26887407
The fans are already feeling alienated with all the casual pandering the series has been getting.
>>
File: W3iVyPe.png (18KB, 90x120px) Image search: [Google]
W3iVyPe.png
18KB, 90x120px
>>26885259
>let's celebrate 20 years of pokemon
>by ending pokemon!
Retard logic, folks.
>>
>>26884788
this fucking format is shit
>>
>>26887435
There were like 30 million more DS units sold than 3DS units.
When you take that into account, it's more accurate to say Pokemon sales are stagnant.
>>
File: 1464182627895.jpg (3KB, 114x125px) Image search: [Google]
1464182627895.jpg
3KB, 114x125px
>>26887463
>b-b-but it le all comes t-together!11
>>
>>26887479
That's not a good thing.
>>
>>26887486
It's fine if they're still selling 10 million games that don't take tons of money to produce.
Certainly better than continued decline.
>>
>>26884788
These are some pretty tenuous connections.
>>
>>26887435
>Except Pokemon has been steadily getting less and less sales as time goes on

Not really, though. To compare apples to apples, lets look at the first game of each generation. RS, DP, BW, and XY sold 16, 18, 16, and 15 million copies respectively, according to the information I can find. That's all in the same neighborhood, and remember that the 3DS install base is substantially smaller than the DS or GBA. Unless I'm using bad information, I don't see this overwhelmingly negative trend that you're referring to.
>>
>>26887508
>>26887513
Average should not be the way you run a business.
>>
>>26887537
A product that is guaranteed to produce consistent profits is nothing if not a good thing.
>>
>>26886915
This. Everyone,listen to this guy
>>
>>26887537

Nor should burning your product to the ground and starting over because sales are "only" steadily strong.
>>
>>26887328
>Gen 5 was not a reboot
It actually was. You couldn't even get any old Pokemon until you beat the game. Gen 8 might be another gen 5. Screen cap this.
>>
>>26887555
>listening to someone who considers rampardos a favorite
>>
>>26887593
Magikarp
>>
>>26887566
A Pokemon reboot would only be a bad idea if the reboots were bad.
The only people that would bitch would be faggots that couldn't play their favorite Pokemon.
>>
>>26884788
>In the 90's moms where all flustered that Pokemon contained occult symbols
>It actually has it now
Ha!
Also, these guys suck at acting.
>>
>>26887610
>The only people that would bitch would be faggots that couldn't play their favorite Pokemon.
so anyone that isn't new to Pokémon?
>>
>>26886679
GameXplain in no way explained how Sun and Moon would be the end of Pokemon. They just shed light on how the legendaries, the starters and Iwanko were based on alchemy and what project Azoth could be. This guy showed multiple parallels on how Sun and Moon signify the end of the current series, possibly a reboot..
>>
>>26887628
I personally wouldn't give a fuck, if anything that means I could find entirely new Pokemon to bond with ala Gen 5.
And it's not like anything past gen 7 would just up and dissapear anyways.
>>
>>26887610

So... many dedicated fans. Yeah, great idea, alienate your most loyal players. It's one thing if you're talking a BW-esque only new Pokemon at first type of thing, but beyond that, that would be a terrible business decision.
>>
>>26887610
Did you like DmC?
>>
>>26887604
You couldn't get magikarp until you beat the game.
>>
>>26887648
If you are really not going to buy a game because your bro isn't in it then that's your fault for being an autist.

I'd gladly not have any old Pokemon if it meant we got something that wasn't "collect eight gyms, fight the elite four and champion, beat the evil team" and instead had something fresh, new, and good.
>>
>>26887640
>This guy showed multiple parallels on how Sun and Moon signify the end of the current series, possibly a reboot..

Which is precisely why it's garbage.
>>
>>26887598
>not liking rampardos
>>
The reboot will only be bad if Porygon Z's not in it
>>
>>26887676
I haven't played DmC, but i do know that game has hated because it made Dante an asshole and the game wasn't enjoyable.
Which is why I said the only reason a reboot would be bad is if the reboot is bad.

If the reboot was good then people probably wouldn't bitch, or at least have a reason to bitch other than "muh bro".
>>
>>26887640
Can you give me any solid reason why Game Freak would end the only series that keeps them afloat? It's not like Tembo The Badass Elephant sold very well.
>>
>>26886847
To add, even the very first games focused especially on the then current advancement of technology, which was during the late 90's and the dotcom boom. You know, like the guy in Pallet Town explaining how "Science is amazing", how Mewtwo came to be based on the notes in the burned out building, Clefairy's supposed origin and habitat, Silph Co., the first man made Pokemon; Porygon. The lore was deep from the get go.

Also, is there any explanation as to why certain Pokemon evolve due to stones? Could that also have been due to Azoth or Hoopa?
>>
File: 1466020840639.gif (982KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1466020840639.gif
982KB, 320x287px
>>26887463

Out of the ashes of 6.5fags, comes an even bigger form of faggotry. Do they really fucking think they're going to do that.

>>26884788
>the diamond in the SM logo looks like a revive! Reboot Confirmed!
>There are people who are taking this seriously
>>
>>26887773
>>the diamond in the SM logo looks like a revive! Reboot Confirmed!
Good job not watching the video at all.
>>
>>26887051
Trying too hard to fit in, summerfag.
>>
>>26884788 Check out
>>26887735
>>
>>26887794
>Good job not watching the video at all.

I suspect you're being sarcastic, but it actually is a good thing to not give these idiots any more views.

So, good job not watching the video at all!
>>
>>26887797

Summer 2010, maybe. I've been here way too long.
>>
Pokemon can't get rebooted. The series and GameFreak would die due to older fan backlash, and Nintendo wouldn't let that happen to their cash cow. I can't even think of another ongoing game series that's as old as Pokemon.

This "it all comes together" stuff might mean the next Pokemon game on NX/NX handheld could have all the regions and Pokemon thus far, and not add any new ones for a few years. Plus, if the rumors are true and Nintendo is using cartridges for NX, with the amount of storage cartridges have these days it would be easy to accomplish that.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
>>26887857
I'm not being sarcastic.
Not only did you misinterpret what he was talking about the revives, he had plenty of other points to suggest that Pokemon could be rebooted.
Quit being a faggot.
>>
>>26887904
> phe had plenty of other points to suggest that Pokemon could be rebooted.

And they are all nonsense.
>>
I almost started to believe this guy was on to something but then I remembered that zodiac theory hasn't been fulfilled yet so they need to stall the revival for another 5 gens

and that's making the broad asumption that this isn't even gen 6.5
>>
>Gnoggin

Is Arlo in it?
>>
>>26887921
Why?
You've failed to give a counterpoint other than "it can't happen because it won't!"
>>
>>26884788
>hmm-hmm!
>hmm-hmm!
>hmm-hmm!
Could he have explained this without being a massive dweeb?
>>
>>26887743
I'm not saying that I agree with the guy's idea, I'm just saying that the GameXplain video and this one were not one in the same. This one went more in depth on not only alchemy, but religion, language, and cultural influence.
>>
>>26887689
So, you're not a fan of the series? Pokémon is about the Pokémon. They aren't removing them just to satisfy the retarded minority.
Just stop playing, no one would miss you.
>>
>>26887950

There are many posts in this thread about why it would be an utterly insane business decision. There are your reasons.
>>
>>26887950
First you'd have to present an argument that's worth putting in the effort to counter.
>>
>>26887975
Fuck. I'm sorry, I only read part of your post which is why I jumped to that conclusion.
>>
>>26887689
You mean GameFreak should take a risk and potentially lose sales/fans and gain bad reviews rather than sticking with a proven formula, adding to it slowly? You must not know how Japs or corporations work.
>>
>>26887979
I am a fan of the series, but that doesn't mean I've grown tried of the stagnation the series has been going through.
>Pokémon is about the Pokémon. They aren't removing them just to satisfy the retarded minority.
And adding new ones is somehow going to make Pokemon not about Pokemon?
>>
>>26888006
You're presenting the idea that removing old Pokémon permanently to replace them with new ones would be a good idea. So yes, it'd stop being about the Pokémon. The current 721 + 11 Alolamons are the Pokémon.
>>
>>26887986
do you think masuda and sakurai actually care about money? nintendo has always been about good games and conspiracies first, and money second. the theories are real because the fans buy the games and therefore own the series as a whole. id expect that kind of money whoring attitude from microsoft or sony or one of those japanese companies, but nintendo is a proud monument of western gaming and they make the conspiracies so the most autistic fans can riddle them out over the course of several weeks
>>
File: 1465948096649.jpg (137KB, 882x864px) Image search: [Google]
1465948096649.jpg
137KB, 882x864px
>>26887904
>Spiel about Magearna
>horseshit of pokemon losing small essences of life when they faint
>Talks about new girl and implies that the read books on the losing essence shit
>"She should carry revives lol"
>"wait, SM logo hasa revive in it!"
>"death and rebirth lol"
>ergo end of the series and reboot

Go fuck yourself
>>
>>26888000
DUBTRIPS!
>>
>>26888033
(You)
>>
>>26888006
Nobody's saying they shouldn't add new ones, we're saying permanently removing the 800~ Pokémon that will be in Gen VII is a fucking retard move.
>>
>>26887986
>>26888000
Companies have made more ridiculous choices in the past.
Either way that's not even really the part of the theory I necessarily believe, but the points about the Johto and Kalos legends are possible.
>>
>>26888035
Adding "lol" to your post doesn't make his points any less possible.
>>
>>26887138

If SM was the last generation Gamefreak and The Pokemon Company would hype up the games a ton more than what they are doing now.

But I think Pokemon will end, or at least take a long break after Gen 9
>>
>>26888061
>any less possible
That in itself isn't possible, his points are already utter dogshit.
>>
>>26888061
But it does help to highlight how silly these theories are.
A handful of these connections seem viable enough, but no more beyond surface thematics.
>>
>>26888072
What about his Lugia and Ho-Oh points? Or his AZOTH stuff in general?
Why the fuck would there be so many connections to alchemy in this game? Huh?
>>
>>26888077
Any theory can be seen as silly.
And like one said in the thread before, I don't personally believe in the reboot points, everything else could very easily happen.
>>
>>26888083
And also the fact that this technically means that Magearna is a Homunuclus.
>>
>>26888083
>Why the fuck would there be so many connections to alchemy in this game?

There aren't. You can find that stuff everywhere if you want to.
>>
>>26888083
Because most of these connections are tenuous and based in confirmation fallacy.
Pokemon has always had games about opposites. Most belief systems center around opposites. That's not exactly solid evidence.

>>26888094
I'm not going to discount the idea as impossible, but 45 minutes of basic conspiracy theorizing and self indulgent smug giggles aren't going to sway me into expectation. Count me a skeptic.
>>
File: 1459908220037.png (72KB, 497x356px) Image search: [Google]
1459908220037.png
72KB, 497x356px
>>26888061
The dude actually starts cackling after the revive bit.

Also, some people are forgetting about the existence of Pokebank.
GF has talked about how it wants Pokebank to be used for all future games and made a big deal about how you can take your favorite pokemon all the way back from the gba games to your current games now and continue to do so.

Do really think they're going to discard 700+ pokemon just for a reboot and making everything you ever caught nill?
>>
>>26888153
Exactly, and cutting off the S&M mons to just one game seems like a big waste of effort in the long run.
>>
>>26888131
>>26888134
The fact that Solgaleo is very clearly inspired by an alchemic symbol, the starters being shaped off of symbols, both AZ and the dude in the Mahayana being based off of alchemists makes this look like it wasn't fucking coincidence, as that shit was clearly intensional.
>>
>>26888183
Magearna movie*
>>
File: 1464546186237.jpg (11KB, 227x229px) Image search: [Google]
1464546186237.jpg
11KB, 227x229px
>DUDE LIKE POKEMON IS GONNA END DUDE! THERE IS GONNA BE A DEATH AND REBIRTH AND DUDE LET ME ACT LIKE A FAGGOT AND DUDE THERE IS LIKE NORSE MYTHOLOGY AND SHIT DUDE LIKE WOW.
>>
>>26888183
And I think that's a fair connection to gen 6, but the connections to the prior gens and the expectation of a reboot don't hold much water in my eyes.
As I said earlier, I can only see it as thematic on a surface level.
>>
>>26888200
The Kalos legends are very clearly based on Nordic myths.

Are you going to say that the Unova trio aren't based off of Taoism next?
>>
>>26888183

There are a lot of alchemical symbols, and a lot of ways to look at or pose a Pokemon. The connections are there only because the criteria are flexible enough that you can make them be there. It's textbook confirmation bias.
>>
>>26884788
>Gnoggin

NO THANK YOU, THIS CRINGE ASS FAG
>>
>>26885251
>Zygarde gets 97 new forms throughout the series
>The franchise ends once Z comes out in about 60 years and Zygarde gets his Infinity Form
>>
>>26888236
Oh be still my aching dick.
>>
>>26884788
people have literally been saying that
>ZOMG GEN 4 LAST GEN, HOW CAN THEY TOP A GOD POKEMON
>ZOMG GEN 5 LAST GEN, RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS, TRASHBAG POKEMON
>ZOMG GEN 6 LAST GEN...
for the last 3 generations
changing it from "the end of pokemon" to "the rebirth of pokemon" doesn't make it any less retarded.
give me one reason why nintendo would do this? when did they start hating money? nostalgia is the only thing nintendo has at this point. if they just said "fuck all that" and started from scratch with pokemon, nobody would buy the games. i probably wouldn't even buy them.
this is the dumbest thing ever.
>ZOMG GEN 7 HAS OBSCURE MENTAL GYMNASTIC CONECTIONS TO THINGS. REBOOT COMFIRMED !!!!1!!!!1!!ONE!
its the same shit we had the last three generations, just turned sideways, so idiots like you won't instantly recognize its stupidity.
>>
>>26888203
Lugia and Ho-Oh are in the fucking Alola map, and they were already pseudo Sun and Moon Legends.
Plus the fact that in alchemy Sun represents Gold and the Moon represents Silver.
>>26888228
I can give you the starters, but it LITERALLY says in Solgaleo's description that it said that it could eat the sun.
>>
>>26885388
>>26885529
Kid Icarus?
>>
>>26888261
>Lugia and Ho-Oh are in the fucking Alola map
Old legendaries are found in every game. That isn't a new thing.
>Plus the fact that in alchemy Sun represents Gold and the Moon represents Silver.
And in some religions they also count for life and death, light and darkness, the black and the white, yin and yang yadda yadda.
Like I said earlier: Pokemon has always had games about opposites. Most belief systems center around opposites. That's not exactly solid evidence.
>>
>>26888294
>Old legendaries are found in every game. That isn't a new thing.
So that point makes it MORE plausible then?
>And in some religions they also count for life and death, light and darkness, the black and the white, yin and yang yadda yadda.
Yeah, but it's clear that this games are going to be built around alchemy specifically. And that's what it means in alchemy.
>Like I said earlier: Pokemon has always had games about opposites. Most belief systems center around opposites. That's not exactly solid evidence.
Again, the games are going for an alchemy theme, so it's not unlikely that the games Sun and Moon also mean Gold and Silver in alchemy, and would have Ho-Oh and Lugia present.
>>
>>26888261
Lugia and Ho-Oh were also literally jut in ORAS so
>>
File: Volume_80.jpg (226KB, 801x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Volume_80.jpg
226KB, 801x1200px
>Stone Ocean
>>
File: 1396726857913.gif (738KB, 500x262px) Image search: [Google]
1396726857913.gif
738KB, 500x262px
>>26884788
I can't imagine the developers purposely doing something that simultaneously references all these different mythologies, diciplines and history the way it's described. Seems like too much lore for something with such a established formula as Pokemon.
I can however imagine people reading too much into things.
>>
>>26888334
>Yeah, but it's clear that this games are going to be built around alchemy specifically.

You keep saying that as if it's a given. It's not.
>>
>>26888340
We ended up getting Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina in HGSS, what's your point?
>>
>>26888365
Then explain Solgaleo then.
Otherwise Solgaleo's typing and description make no fucking sense whatsoever.
>>
>>26888334
>So that point makes it MORE plausible then?
Only in the sense that it's expected. It doesn't necessarily mean anything for a higher connection or reboot.
>Yeah, but it's clear that this games are going to be built around alchemy specifically. And that's what it means in alchemy.
And it can be purely coincidental. Practically any pair of legendaries could be connected in some way to it. That's just the nature of the duality themes.
>the games are going for an alchemy theme
There are some refrences, but ultimatley everything is founded on theories that are mostly pretty loose. The strongest connection is the lion, but beyond that, the theories tend to get pretty weak.

Again, I don't think it's impossible, but I'm not exactly jumping on the boat with what I've gone over so far.
>>
File: This.jpg (99KB, 969x524px) Image search: [Google]
This.jpg
99KB, 969x524px
>>26888351
>I can however imagine people reading too much into things.
>>
>>26888392
>And it can be purely coincidental. Practically any pair of legendaries could be connected in some way to it. That's just the nature of the duality themes.
But Ho-Oh and Lugia work best in this sense.
>There are some refrences, but ultimatley everything is founded on theories that are mostly pretty loose. The strongest connection is the lion, but beyond that, the theories tend to get pretty weak.
What about AZOTH? That's not only has a Sun and a Moon in it, but already has relations to not only XY but ORAS as well.

>Again, I don't think it's impossible, but I'm not exactly jumping on the boat with what I've gone over so far.
We've had a lot weirder shit in the past like the Arceus Event, and the Hoopa shenanigans.
>>
>>26885259
I dont think we will never see older Pokemon, I think The reboot is going to be about stats. Like they are going to reset all The pokemon stats so that they can be used in many forms.
>>
>>26884788
This is awful.
>>
>shilling you own videos

Nah, I'm not giving you any views. Make it into a webm and post it here.
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 240x215px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 240x215px
>>26888470
>A 45 minute WEBM
>A 45 minute WEBM with sound
>>
>>26888481
Did I stutter?
>>
>>26888505
Are you new?
>>
>>26888516
No, are you?
>>
>>26888530
You clearly are if you think you can post a WEBM over 300 seconds with sound.
>>
whats the outro last song during the outro?
>>
>>26888551
Never seen spliced webms posted before?
>>
>>26888596
That sounds incredibly convoluted for someone that's so autistic they can't give a single view on a video they'll probably never watch again.
>>
>>26888611
Well I won't deny that, your fault for shilling in the first place.
>>
>>26886967
When there is a hole in your logic and nothing to fill it with, you walk around and pretend it never existed

>he's talking out his ass
>>
>>26888670
>shilling
>250k subs
>31k views
nah, its clearly just some small time youtuber trying to grow their channel. obviously not one of their 250k subs or anything, or just someone who wanted to discuss this theory, nah, clearly just gnogin himself shilling.
>>
>>26887593
>Gen 5 failed reboot experiment
>BW2 Nearly the same games with old mons

Why would they do it again? Nobody liked this
>>
File: Screenshot_650.png (534KB, 721x414px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_650.png
534KB, 721x414px
>>26885251
No think about it. What if in Sun and Moon they had an......... Episode Z.
>>26885342
What about the link cable. Able to bring pokemon or other objects (Like the meteor in Or/As.) To another dimension? Suddenly a thing to strive for aftergame.
>>26886679
>>26886973
>>26886980
>>26887044
TRIGGERED
>>26887106
Wouldn't you need to have watched the video to give an opinion?
>>26887127
Anything in absolutes should be ignored. Also he didn't say the seiries was ending, he said it was begining anew.
>>26887358
>Nipponese
あなたはファゴット発声自分を殺します。
この遅延を翻訳! :)
jk.
>>26887388
It's easy to call someone a shill or a clickbaiter when you're living with your parents.

So here's my take on it. Think of a reboot not as an end of pokemon but a begining of a new Mega Generation. I imagine a brand new set of games with old pokemon only being avaleble to trade after the main game. It would be interesting. I believe that this is what will happen. Even though it means no Gen 4 remake.
Pic related.
>Litterally my mom's Metroid Fusion level.
>(And now you can't unsee it.
>>
>>26887593
It's not really a reboot as long as Nidorina can't breed, Eevee doesn't evolve to Leafeon via leaf stone, and some pokémon are born evolved unless you use a specific man-made incense.
>>
>Pokemon Sun and Moon getting the most promotion and publicity out of any other Pokemon game
>Sells like hotcakes
>Pokemon "ending"

lol
>>
>>26884788
>people unironically link and discuss game theory videos here
what is the age range of this board I wonder
>>
>>26889096
>the most promotion and publicity out of any other Pokemon game
Yeah is that why they didn't mention it for months after the announcement and we only just got to see new Pokemon that weren't the starters/legends only 5 months away from release? They only started promoting it recently because Nintendo realized SM and Zelda are the only games they have coming out until their new console.
>>
>>26884788
>Implying pokemon will ever end
pokemon will never stop, even after the human race has ended.
>>
File: 1432316012521.png (137KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
1432316012521.png
137KB, 375x360px
I just want Sun and Moon to be good games with a lot of content and post game.
>>
>>26889501
we're never going to have a game as amazing as emerald again
>>
File: 9.jpg (87KB, 378x830px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
87KB, 378x830px
>>26885251
>release the emerald of a game two fucking generations ago after the new game
I will be so fucking mad but I can totally see them doing this. STOP FUCKING WITH THE METAGAME LIKE THIS GAMEFREAK I CAN'T KEEP UP
>>
>>26889552
>not saying [insert flame bait]
>>
>>26884921
I like his angry birds the movie right wing theory
>>
File: spoopydoge.jpg (84KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
spoopydoge.jpg
84KB, 640x640px
Does anyone know the name of the song that starts at 32:22?

I know it's generic music found on Epidemic Sound, but I can't find it anywhere.

It sounds so spoopy
>>
>>26889321
You'd be surprised how many "adults" watch and believe that bullshit.
>>
>>26889455
>The universe has ended, and everything in existence is gone
>Pokemon has not ended
>>
>>26884788
>People still watch game theory
>people still listening to matpat's endless bullshit
>>
>>26885809
>>26889321
>>26890052
>game theory

Holy shit, I didn't even watch the video, but just the title makes it obvious it's not fucking game theory. Come on, anons.

Not that that makes it any less bullshit, mind you.
>>
>>26889552
>what is ORAS
>>
>>26890314
literally has less content and replay value than Emerald
>>
File: 586Sawsbuck-Summer.png (666KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
586Sawsbuck-Summer.png
666KB, 1280x1280px
>>26884788
>>
>>26885259
>gf wants to get away from nintendo
when will this meme die? Satoshi taijiri, respects miyamoto so much, that he give him a character in the anime series (gary oak). Without iwata there wouldn't be pokemon gold/silver with kanto and no pokemon in the west you fucking youtuber cancer
>>
>>26885259
Psh nah there is no way they would get rid of the established games, What i think is that if they do create a 'new era' of Pokemon they will probably make the future games take place on the other side of the world, We will still see references to the old Pokemon and probably be able to get them via the Bank but otherwise it will focus on the new era of Pokemon.

Not to mention if they do do this, they will probably still remake the old games meaning we would have no reason to get pissy, So what i am saying is that the most realistic outcome if they do do this, would be a Generation 1 of Pokemon and a Generation 2 of Pokemon with the fans heavily split,

Expect a lot of roidrage about Generation 2 and Gen 2 fags whining about the Genwunners.
>>
>>26885358
Pokemon V anime when? I wanna see Ash's autistic son master all of the evolution types and go full edge.
>>
>>26884863
You're trying too hard to fit in
>>
>>26885809
newfag trying too hard detected
>>
I think there's a huge load of overgeneralizys
>4 islands and 4 Gen1 games, zomgeth!
but it brings up some good points
>>
>>26890874
Gnoggin is like Game Theory, but better.
>>26890379
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO9yx7aFM_I - go hack your extra content in, then.
>>
>>26888739
>>BW2 Nearly the same games with old mons
>implying
have you even played them anon? I mean really, you can't have played them if you think this. compare any of the first two games of a generation with the third game, like GS and C, or RS and E. BW2 were sequels, they changed a lot more things than most other games that were in the same generation
>>
>>26884788
this is trying way too fucking hard. It has a handful of valid points, but the whole thing is full of circular and flawed logic.

I can't believe I wasted 45 minutes on that shit.
>>
>>26884788
How much are you paid to post this?
>>
>>26890886
"go hack it in" is not a legitimate argument
>>

tl;dr Pokemon Black and White is an analogy to Red and Blue. The death of the old Pokemon world and the rebirth of the new one.

tl;dr Pokemon X and Y has a ton of references to life and death. Rebirth of poeknhfo
>>
People are actually dumb enough to believe this? Alchemyfags are a new low when it comes to retarded fan theories.
>>
>>26891010
>45 minutes
>on a stupid video where some retard talks about nothing
Wow man, you sure have a busy life
>>
File: fuhgyg.png (72KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
fuhgyg.png
72KB, 1366x768px
>>26886610
Here's some symbolism.
>>
>>26891096
He said, on an image board about videogames for children.
>>
>>26891096
I wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt.

I was disappointed
>>
>>26891103
Youtuber said something about no Pokemon having a more important typing than Solgaleo.

Lugia's typing is pretty important. It was the mascot opposite of Ho-oh, the fire/flying. It should've been Water/Flying, but was Psychic/Flying instead.

BECAUSE THE MOON IS SYMBOLIC OF WATER AND PSYCHIC PHENOMENON OH WOW GUYS

So in Pokemon Sun SOLGALEO WILL FIGHT LUGIE AND IN MOON LUNALA WILL FIGHT HO-OH

No but seriously these typings are pretty cool. And yeah I did post the post I'm commenting on.
>>
>>26886864
isn´t the thing you basically saying implemented or was implemented.
More Freedom, was implemented in Gen 1.
It wasn´t totally open world, but you could at least take the 5th and 6th Badge or 5th and 7th iirc.
Sidequest were in Gen VI rewarded with Mega stones (at least in ORAS), exploring was always rewarded with a legendary (in prior Gens).

I thank god, for better breeding tools and all the Stuff GF did for the multiplayer. Megas were nice and shit.
>>
>thinking GameFreak would actually put this much effort into alchemy/gods references
>>
>this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PSueHOY-Jk
>>
>>26891164
Previous references, such as Arceus and Archeus, Shaymin and Shamayim were probably just reference points for basing the Pokemon on. It probably wasn't to deliberately link to Sun and Moon, which, at the times of the creation of these Pokemon probably weren't even invented in concept yet.
>>
>>26891178
top kek
>>
>>26884788
IT ALL COMES TOGETHER.
>>
>>26891229
IT ALL CUMS TOGHETER
>>
>Azoth
>yfw Azatoth
>yfw Lovecraft finally appears in canon
>>
>>26890052
>There's only one person who does theories about video games
>>
>>26887127
Why has common sense been turned into the ultimate buzzword?
>>
>>26887127
How about you stop taking everything so damn literally and take it for what it was supposed to be? The series isn't ending, this is merely the climax of a buildup that has been going on for years. The series isn't going to "reboot" as in starting from scratch by throwing out all existing Pokémon, it's a "reboot" in the sense that after Gen 7, a new chapter in the franchise will begin with a new story-arc that we'll only get to see in another 20 years or so.
>>
>>26891478
>story arc
And this warrants speculation, why?
>>
>>26891489
Nothing "warrants" speculation. You can speculate about anything you please. If you don't want to be a part of a specific speculation, then don't enter the conversation about it.
>>
>>26886998
>the faggot in the video gave zero reason to believe any of it is true
Are you retarded, senpai?
He talked for 45 minutes explaining why he thinks it's true.
>>
>>26891517
I see. Well, good job, I'm sure you enjoyed wasting so many anons' time with pointless bullshit, with a clickbait image and a link to your favorite youtuber. But you got me, I'll admit.
>>
>>26891541
I'm not OP
>>
>>26891378
Why has buzzword become the ultimate buzzword?
>>
This prety good thanks for sharing.
>>
>>26891532
45 minutes of circular logic you mean?
>>
>>26891564
Why has buzzword become the buzzword buzzword?
>>
>>26891567
I don't think you understand the "circular logic" pattern.
>>
>>26891567
What's the problem of him using circular logic? It's a very common thing to do in theories, you start out with your point, add on to it with background knowledge, arguments and new knowledge, and then you conclude with the point you started with by shedding new light on it. That's a fairly normal thing to do.

As to why anyone should believe it; there's no fucking "reason" to believe any kind of theory other than the arguments that are used to conduct it. What other reasons would there even be? Your mom believes so I do too? Fuck no, people only believe theories that use good arguments and valid points. There are no other reasons to believe a theory other than if you accept the points they make.
>>
>>26891585
>What's the problem of him using circular logic
it draws no true conclusions
>>
>>26891600
It does, you just use the conclusion twice in order to put more focus on it.
>>
OK, had to skip 10 minutes because I couldn't deal with the autism, but it didn't get any better so I dealt with it.
He makes good points and the connections are pretty interesting, however I don't think it'll turn out to be good considering who is directing SM. I could see Ho-Oh and Lugia being related to the plot though, and I've been thinking this since people pointed out the clouds and I saw the relation to Gold = Sun and Silver = Moon, but other than that I can't see much of this coming to fruition outside of them being the vague references we've always gotten in Pokémon. I would like to see a scorpion legendary though.
I'd be OK with all of this if it meant no syncro garbage, but I'm adamant against the series hard rebooting.
>>
>>26891648
I think you might be actually retarded
>>
Way too overthinking things. Pokemon creators surely take some insprirations but they wont make the games overly complicated story wise because there's no point, majority of the audience is way too young to catch that

I can deffo see the connections with Kalos, Zygarde and also Lugia and Ho-oh and of course some stuff from ORAS.. But there is no connection to gen 1, 4 and 5 in this
>>
>>26884788
And it'll all be soiled by Ohmori's decisions for the actual content and gameplay
>>
>>26891713
Also, not many people are going to watch a 45 minute video for this. Might want to compile all the points and connections into a succinct post if you wanna spread the word about this.
>>
File: scorpion.jpg (211KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
scorpion.jpg
211KB, 960x540px
>>26884788
I want to believe the scorpion theory because there has to be a Poison-type legendary eventually.
>arceus :^)
By that logic, Froakie is every type except Fairy. It's not considered a Grass or Fire starter.
>>
>>26891861
Lunala is a Bat and it wasn't Flying type. Based on a rocky celestial body and wasn't rock type.

Solgaleo is a lion and wasn't Normal type.

Zygarde is a snake and wasn't poison. Xerneas has a forme of a grey tree and wasn't Grass/Fairy.

Poison legendary for Marshadow/Third Mascot might not happen. Sorry.
>>
Gigareki?
>>
>>26891889
Gigareki is ignored, not forgotten.

I hope.
>>
>>26891897
To be fair, we know absolutely nothing about it, and it's different from all the other trademarks.
>>
File: 8888.jpg (628KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8888.jpg
628KB, 1920x1080px
>>26891889
Nothing to do with Pokemon.
>>
>>26891722
How is
>I believe [A], because [x], [y] and [z]
any more retarded than
>Because [x], [y] and [z], I believe [A]

Giving a summary of A at the end is nothing but a service to the audience to make it easier for them to put the point (A) into perspective with the new information (x, y and z) and draw the intended conclusion.
>>
tl:dw

someone explain to me
>>
File: 1466718719636.jpg (124KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1466718719636.jpg
124KB, 480x480px
After Sun&Moon we are going to get either Pokemon Z or a Diamond and Perl remake and then a Black and White remake.
In the middle or after all that we may get a new PBR.
A reboot game may appear in the middle of all that (maybe right after the S&M games) but Gamefreak is certainly going to keep milking the main series.
>>
>>26892041
Brain damage is a horrible thing, as OP demonstrates.
>>
>>26892041
Insights into lore that we already knew.

Some insights that we didn't previously know.

Some obvious connections skipped. Maybe deliberately, maybe accidentally.

Summary 'connecting' previous lore links and informational insights into a cheap, hollow hypothesis that the seventh generations Pokemon games will be the last in the series.

Some small hints to show that this isn't true are stated throughout the video, showing that the previously mentioned hypothesis is bullshit clickbait.
Seeing as you were too ignorant to watch the whole video, I'll give you a TL;DR summary of this post:

HOOO BOY POKEMON IS DEAD THESE ARE THE LAST GAMES CHERISH THEM but not really
>>
>>26891983

You seem to be misinformed about the definition of "circular logic." It has nothing to do with the narrative structure of the argument (at what point you state the conclusion), it has to do with the logical basis of the argument. To adapt your example, a circular argument is:
>I believe [A] because [x], [y], and [A].
The conclusion is itself an antecedent argument, which makes it meaningless.

So saying that this particular is "circular" is to say that the supporting points only work because the final conclusion is already assumed to be true. And I do think that's a reasonable criticism here. OP's video seems to take the conclusion as a given, and build the supporting points out of that assumption.
>>
>>26886661
Just play Persona 3 or something to see what 'modern' jrpg feels like
>>
>>26892041
Alchemy references everywhere.

Most of it refers to death and rebirth, particularly, "It is finished when Seven are One".

Theory is that Pokemon will reboot. Or at least go into a new phase of Pokemon.
>>
>Neo-/vp/ caring this much about YouTubers

Haha

Oh wow
>>
Seem like such an ass pull of a theory and that dude was a little cringy but it was honestly really cool to watch, the presentation was good and the guy's certainly good at storytelling. 9/10 pretty entertaining even though it's not gonna be like this at all.
>>
if they managed to do a reboot and it was on the ps4 or xbox one as an mmorpg then that would be sweet af and i wouldnt care at all. (yes im aware they have said they would never do that, faggots)

but i know with most reboots, it completely kills the franchise
>>
>>26893004

You sound like you're 14.
>>
>>26885259
didn't they already try that with Gen V?
Unova not even having tentacruels, geodudes, magikarp, zubats, or even pikachu?
>>
>>26893073

I think this theory is that their data simply wouldn't exist in the game. No finding them in postgame, no trading them in or transferring from previous games, it'd be as if they didn't exist, not just weren't present natively in the region.

Obviously there's not a chance in hell of that happening, but that seems to be what some (not all) are taking away from this theory.
>>
>>26885259
what if its just like MTG's Mending? Everything stays put, but stats, abilities, moves all get vastly shifted closer to a newer model they'd more prefer for business reasons, like Planeswalkers being mortal and unable to shapeshift.

I'd expect not a removal of all pokemon, but a dramatic shift in mechanics.
>>
>>26893103
Literally only retarded morons would take that from the video. All it means is just a Gen V esque reboot to give both the players and the developers some breathing room after such a huge story-arc in the franchise.
>>
>>26892065
We're never getting z. Accept it
>>
>>26885388
have you even seen the new zelda? It's Monster Hunter + Skyrim/Fallout. It's completely unrecognizable other than using Skyward Sword's engine and small pieces of lore.
>>
>>26893173
We are getting Z. Accept it.
>>
>>26886747
it doesn't. braill is 6 dots (or lack of dots), arranged in two columns of 3 each.
the regis are 7 dots in all kinds of weird configurations.
>>
>>26886771
all the connections are consistently labelled with "rebirth" symbols.
What else could it mean, nigga?
>>
>>26893184
Not a reboot.

>>26888279
Kid Icarus is over 5 years old at this point, right? And they started the reboot since before SSBB was a thing, which makes it even older.
>>
>>26887051
>I know it's bullshit without ever once looking at what it is
>because I say so

Aaaaand he tips his hand as bait.
>>
>>26893212
Literally anything but "Let's scrap all existing Pokémon and effectively kill off the franchise"?
>>
>>26893242
it's a main series title, and contains no elements of the original main series.

its as much a reboot as starfox, kid icarus, and certainly more than fire emblem which was your original example.
>>
>>26887106
because you're a summer feeding trolls.
>>
>>26887397
because it's loosing on home turf to youkai watch.

same reason TF2 is getting its massive retooling, with matchmaking, and patches galore. Overwatch stepped on the scene. They have to actually try now, not just coast on name recognition and hat sales.
>>
>>26893034

>implying a pokemon mmo wouldnt be sweet
>>
>>26887963
nope. its inherent to the man himself unfortunately.
>>
I really don't think they'll ever try to "reset" Pokémon at least until the number of Pokémon reaches 1000.

We would need an additional 280 pokémon to get to that number at the moment, so I don't think it's happening. Maybe after gen 8 or 9 they'll hit the reset button.

Perhaps the way they'll do that is by making Cyrus actually succeed in doing what he set out to do....
>>
>>26890140
As the first anon you quoted, I saw it wasn't Game Theory before I posted, but I said it because it's Game Theory-tier garbage. Even has the same clickbait thumbnail as Game Theory, just with a different logo in the corner.
>>
>>26888351
I could also see them intentionally sticking all this in there, intending for people to pick up on it and read it that way, only to never end up collecting on it.

It's the Andrew Hussie ploy. Convince your work is this big massive meaningful stroypuzzle, then never collect on any foreshadowing or fire your chekov's guns.
>>
Ok, I have, probably unlike 90% of this thread, just finished watching the video from beginning to end.

Some notes;

+ Yes, I am convinced that S/M is going to be a huge tribute/homage to the past of the franchise, similar to X/Y and Gen 1
+ No, I do not think this is the end of Pokémon, but a soft reboot ala' B/W might be in our near future.
+ The guy deserves commendation for his research and effort to show just how connected all the games are, going into S/M

- His voice inflections and "acting" was cringey, but I get that he was trying to play the "conspiracy theorist who is actually right" role, so whatever.
- Some of it was definitely unnecessary overanalysing, in an attempt to make his already sound theory seem even stronger. Started zoning out when he tried to include Hindu mythology.

Thanks for sharing the video OP. I am interested to see just how connected to the previous games S/M will actually be. I'm thinking it might just be Gen 2 though. Most of the connections tied back to Gen 2, and not much with the rest of the franchise. Plus the Tin Tower seen on the Alola map. I think S/M will heavily connect to X/Y and (Heart)G/(Soul)S, if not everything else.
>>
File: facnuiks8osmla.jpg (20KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
facnuiks8osmla.jpg
20KB, 500x334px
This video was a load of horseshit. I can't believe anyone of you actually think this video is right in any way.
>>
>>26890886
>not actually a tournament, just a single battle
>have to edit existing scripts to pull it off
>that Wallace retexture
>battle just starts after walking into the room

As a video it's neat, and that special Frontier arena is actually impressive, but it's not a substitute for the Frontier.
>>
>>26893140
>>26893254

Okay, what if its a shift in business model?

Sun and Moon is the last game because from now on it'll be sold in WoW-like expansion packs?

They like pushing download because it can't be borrowed and can be deleted from account if they don't like you (see sony). And they can most certainly patch in new content.

So instead of a new game every year, they release $40 DLCs that add a game's worth of content, like a new region.

No more new engine designing. No more re-modelling old mon. It's a sound business decision for them, and it definitely cashes in on all this "last game of the series / rebirth" symbology.
>>
>>26893478
>- His voice inflections and "acting" was cringey, but I get that he was trying to play the "conspiracy theorist who is actually right" role, so whatever.
I get he's "trying to do new stuff now and not just copy MattPat" but that was most definitely not necessary or even wanted.
>>
>>26893004
Children shouldn't be on 4chan.
>>
>>26893522
Why would they do this on a dying handheld?
>>
>>26893478
>Started zoning out when he tried to include Hindu mythology.
Is this what you take as unnecessary overanalysing? Bitch it's literally the exact model all legendaries are made with; take a bunch of mythos or religious figures and add them to an animal. The Hindu mythology for Zygarde is just as likely as everything else. No, the point where he began overanalysing was when he compared the alchemic symbol for gold to the Pokeball.
>>
>>26893522
Literally WHY? Do you even read what the fuck you're writing? There's NO fucking reason for them to EVER do this when Pokémon is on the fucking HANDHELD console, something that gets switched out for a new model every five fucking years. A WoW-like model would only work on PC, like fucking WoW is.
>>
>>26893487
>Guys I think this Legendary Pokémon is based on mythology!
>Like every single fucking Legendary Pokémon in existence is.
>"IT'S HORSESHIT I SAY!!1!"
>>
>>26893404
>Actually believing they'll ever reset their cashcow and kill off the franchise
>>
>>26893631
>>26893690
Simple. You're already making your new console. You make the game forward compatible.
They made PMD for both GBA and DS. It's not unprecedented.

To complete their scheme, all they have to do is never make a cartridge version for the 4DS or whatevs, only put it on the eShop. So it's the same game, running forward/backward compatible, and they don't even have to reprint it.

Old console can die off, anyone who cares now has to buy it a second time, and you keep adding new dlc to your existing product until you decide to eventually scrap it for good and truly start anew with a long, long awaited gen 8, worked on for several years with a new engine. If they're smart, timed for the release of the 5DS, so they finally have a day1 launch title worth picking up.
>>
>>26884788
This theory puts WAAAAAAAAY too much faith into Game Freak.
>>
>>26893889
Or maybe the fandom just doesn't have enough faith in them to begin with, so this seems much bigger than it actually is.
>>
>>26893900
he's got a point.
Like this isn't stronger game than Persona and its Tarot connections.
Or Bloodbourne and Lovecraft.

It's just we're so used to game freak putting in bare minimal effort that it seems tinfoil hat.
>>
>>26893964
We're so used to GameFreak not putting enough effort into their games that when they finally DO, we simply turn the blind eye and ignore it.

Not even Reddit gives a shit about it anymore, and that really says something.
>>
>>26893964
No, it's that story doesn't fucking matter in Pokémon.
>>
Remember when N was an angel and Diantha was an alien?
>>
>>26894007
When have they EVER put in this sort of effort, anon? This is probably the first time they've done something this deep and it's a fucking fan theory.

They have mythological ties, but not once have they ever done something with it.
>>
File: 1412527560922.jpg (26KB, 450x325px) Image search: [Google]
1412527560922.jpg
26KB, 450x325px
>this entire thread
GF literally sells handhelds. It would be suicide for them to attempt a reboot.
>>
>>26894075
what if the rebirth is moving away from handhelds?
>>
>>26894087
POKEMON MMO FOR NXT CONFIRMED!
>>
>>26894087
Read the second sentence in my post please
>>
File: d34.jpg (128KB, 600x740px) Image search: [Google]
d34.jpg
128KB, 600x740px
>>26893188

Someone please send any evidence for this I love Zygarde I'll take aanything

A N Y T H I N G
>>
>>26884788
This is all fun and stuff and I agree alchemy is the theme this time around... but you know... there are so many sun and moon mythologies... tying all these connections are just to easy to make tie ins
>>
>>26894749
plEASE
>>
>>26888351
D E E P E S T L O R E
E
E
P
E
S
T

L
O
R
E
>>
>>26888449
If they did this, it'd be nice if they reset some evolutions and breeding, so that a lot of non-sense items can be done away with.
>>
>>26889067
>>26896172
This, maybe also combine the Nidorans, make Nidorina & Nidoqueen able to breed, Espeon/Sun Stone, Umbreon/Moon Stone, Leafeon/Leaf Stone, Glaceon/Glacial Stone, Sylveon/Shiny Stone
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.