[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>everyone bitches about Xzard's shoulder spikes >no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

>everyone bitches about Xzard's shoulder spikes
>no one bitches about Yzard's wrist wings

What gives?

Don't even try to argue utility, they're completely useless.
>>
>>26877143
its a design choice by an artist
stop bitching about pointless shit
>>
>>26877143

Forget the wings, what irritates me about Charizard-Y are those little dinky degenerated stump hands.
>>
>>26877143
It would provide additional flight control. Some people believe early avians had wings on their legs as well as the ones on their arms for this reason.

Plus, they look cool.
>>
>>26877143
Utility. They enable sharper cornering and allow 'Zard Y to subtly shift the trajectory of its flight without disrupting its normal wingbeats.
>>
>>26877143
What really bothers me is the doofy spike on it's head, looks like a fucking tumor.
>>
>>26877143
Charizard Y is a top tier design.
>>
File: do you know where we are.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
do you know where we are.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>26877158
>>
File: 006Charizard_Mega_Y_Dream.png (202KB, 592x547px) Image search: [Google]
006Charizard_Mega_Y_Dream.png
202KB, 592x547px
>>26877143
They exist to justify the attack boost.
>>26877182
It has 3 head spikes m8. As vanilla Charizard had two head crests which makes it a progressional change.
>>26877378
This nigga gets it
>>
>>26877143
Nigga do you even aerodynamics? Hell, have you never seen How to Train your Dragon?
>>
Charizard Y is head and shoulders above regular Charizard, and is infinitely better than the abomination that is Charizard X. Fight me.
>>
>>26877143
for air slash attack
>>
>>26878693
>How to Train you Dragon

GOAT movie senpai
>>
>>26877143
Thats because Charizard Y doesnt look like a edgy OC.
>>
>>26878693
This comming from the same series that tried to pass a "hummingbird" dragon?
>>
wrist wings are actually cool
>>
>>26879318
This coming from the same series that tried to pass a "mach-speed subterranean jet shark" dragon?
And to be fair what I was talking about (the broken rudders) was the reason behind the plot, so it was under much greater scrutiny.
>>
>>26878087
I wish Y was the only mega....
>>
>>26877143
Imagine
>Head, hands, coloring & typing of Xzard
>Mouth, wings, body, legs, tail & wrist wings of Yzard
The Ultimate Mega Charizard, which ability should it keep? Tough Claws or Drought?
>>
>>26877143
His wrist wings are the only thing won't with his design. Otherwise it is the perfect evolution for charizard
>>
>>26879486
>Hands which would fuck up the fluidity of the arms of Yzard
>Cartoonish rudeboy head which manages less intimidating than base charizard
>Adding shitty type that uses magical "dragon" energy instead of keeping it an actual fire breathing, flying dragon
>literally my mom's shiny Yzard with blue wings
Interesting idea, but I shiggy diggy, gamefreak,
>>
>>26879515
What's wrong with the wrist "wings"? It's not like they seem pointless; they could easily serve as rudders when flying at top speeds, or something simillar.
>>
>>26879547
Plus Y's design is strictly inferior to X's so there's no reason to incorporate any of its elements.
>>
>>26879576
How so?
Let's hear it, genius.
>>
>>26877143
To help it fly I guess
>>
>>26879562
Yeah I agree but they weren't executed well IMO. They just look funny. Perhaps a simple redesign would make me ok with them. I especially don't like the point where they connect to the arms, it looks like a very frangile connection that would break if force, like wind resistance for instance, pushed on the end of those wings.
>>
>>26880064
Okay, I can kinda see that. I'm kind of lost as to why they didn't just loosely attached them from the wrists to the elbows, because that'd make more sense functionally and aesthetically.
>>
>>26877143
they're canard foreplanes you mongoloid
>>
Reasons why Charizard Y is better than Z;

>Looks like a Toriyama dragon
>Surprisingly strong lineup of moves
>Shiny Y is the same as regular Charizard, while Shiny X is just red and black
>Simply looks better
>>
>>26880170
Shiny x is an awkward turquoise
>>
>>26880178
Oh right. Thought it kept the black and simply got red tips. Even more reason for X being inferior.
>>
>>26880008
>worse colors
>worse wings
>indistinct from base Charizard
>useless arm flippers
>form does not look more powerful or intimidating than base Charizard
>no flame beard

Y isn't bad, exactly. Samurott is bad, but that makes it distinct. Charizard Y is merely bland and forgettable, a fate in some ways worse than being outright bad.
>>
>>26880182
>Worse colors
Subjective. It just has perma shiny charizard colors which is overplayed at this point. Which actually looks better on shiny y anyways.
>Worse wings
Because capes are better then actual functioning wings
>Indistinct from base charizard
Litterally only the colors make it distinct. X is the only mega to drastically alter it's colors other than Lati@s which actually makes sense.
>form does not look more powerful or intimidating than base Charizard
Completely subjective
>No flame beard
Emboar would like a word

Admit it, your perfectly crafted 12 year old b8 is garbage
>>
>>26880207
>>26880185
Misquoted
>>
>>26880185
>>26880207
Just to prove that the colors are what make it distinct. On a side note, the recolored X actually looks a lot better then normal x. I'd have been content if this is what it normally looked like.
>>
>>26879486
Wut
>>
>>26879463
This.
>>
>>26877143
CharY's arm wings simply look much better than ZardX's shoulder spikes, which have that awful perfectly round too circular shape. They look fucking fake like something on an action figure. CharY's arm wings are more detailed and look like actual wings.
>>
>>26880473
>>
>>26880210
>>26880207
>>26880226
The intelligence of Yfags, and the utter inability to refute. As expected from reactionary hipsters.

>Subjective.
Objective. X's stand out. Y's do not. The same effect can be achieved through clever use of the Pokemon's original palette, as in Mega Venusaur, but Y didn't even try. Point X.
>Because capes are better then actual functioning wings
Tattered messes of wings vs. a design element no Pokemon has. Point X.
>Litterally only the colors make it distinct.
Refuted above and below.
>Completely subjective
Objective. Y's limbs are proportionately smaller than base Charizard's, making it appear weaker. Only its wings are larger, and they appear fragile and tattered.
>Emboar would like a word
Emboar is not Charizard Y.

I don't expect you to acknowledge these facts, of course, but let it never be said you weren't given a chance.
>>
File: guys.jpg (45KB, 640x690px) Image search: [Google]
guys.jpg
45KB, 640x690px
>>26877166
>>
There is so much retardation going on ITT.
>>
>>26880482
>charizard XY mega stone announced
>>
>>26877143
Because CharY is what regular Charizard should always have been, not some stupid bulkbodied meme
>>
>>26880502
Do you not know what subjective means?you say Y fags are idiots with the inability to refute yet your entire post looks like it was written by a 16 year old trying to fit in.

>Objective. X's stand out. Y's do not.
Objective means its a fact, you stated an oppinion. And while it's colors do make it stand out, the colors used to stand out are completely out of no where for a mega evolution. Name one other pokemon that completely changes its color pallets. Lati@s makes sense as to why it did this, charizard does not have this excuse.
>Tattered messes of wings vs. a design element no Pokemon has. Point X.
Tattered messes of wings? So you mean exactly what X has? It's wings look like garbage and Im not just saying that because I don't like it. I'm being genuine when I say it looks terrible. Whoever thought it was a good idea to give him one long wing and then treat it like a paper snowflake was an idiot
>Refuted above and below
You really didn't. All you said was that it's wings were Tattered and he looks weak. This dosent prove that his color scheme isn't the only thing keeping him from being distinct.
>Objective. Y's limbs are proportionately smaller than base Charizard's, making it appear weaker. Only its wings are larger, and they appear fragile and tattered.
Again, not how you use objective. It's smaller to make it appear more aerial dynamic, because like base charizard, it's a flying type. Not a dragon. And how you say Y's wings are Tattered and yet you still like X is beyond me.
>Emboar is not Charizard Y
You're right. Emboar looks like shit which is why I mentioned him. Fire beards arent as great as you think
>>
>>26880537
If there ever was a time when birds and bats go extinct from jungle areas where tree frogs live I'd like to think frogs would end up like this thing.
>>
>>26880502
Objective facts about charizard X
>His color scheme is completely out of nowhere
>He looks exactly like charizard with shoulder spikes and fire spewing out its mouth, just black.
>He is shoe horned in the anime whenever they possibly can

Subjective facts about X
>He is only made for edgy kids who think a black dragon is cool
>His "fire beard looks like shit
>He was only made to completely pander to charizard's cancerous fan base (only last part was subjective)
>Anyone who prefers him over Y can only be at most 15 or at the very least, autistic.
>>
>>26878087
>It has 3 head spikes m8. As vanilla Charizard had two head crests
And Charmeleon has 1, charmander having 0.

It flows so damn well, but no gotta give him a second, edgy evolution that uses its Shiny pallet for no reason. Nevermind that Charizard's Shiny was actually a purple pre-gen5
>>
>>26882273
I'm rereading this, and you could argue that point 2 for objective is actually Subjective, but only if you actually argue it. They really do look the same apart from some minor details.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.