[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I forgot to save the Slowpoke Youngster battle in route 25,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: some bullshit.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
some bullshit.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
So I forgot to save the Slowpoke Youngster battle in route 25, but I still have the gambler to initiate.
I'm trying to do the mew glitch, and bulbapedia says there are multiple ways to go about finding the right trainers to abuse the glitch on.
So I can successfully initiate the glitch with the route 8 gambler, yet the other trainers I fight to finish the glitch must be screwing it up.
First time I tried a hiker near lavender town and a lvl 7 Gastly showed up.
Second time I tried the hiker above the first one, and now this motherfucker shows up instead.
What do?
Why isn't Mew showing up?
>>
>>26876116
Because you're playing Yellow you retard.
>>
It probably has to do with the sp stat of your lead mon
>>
>>26876132
Yes?
That's the whole point.
The mew glitch on yellow
>>
>For the Mew Glitch, the reason why Mew specifically appears at the end is based on the relationship between its index number, which is 21, and the Special stat of the Pokémon last battled. In both of the above cases, the Youngster's level 17 Slowpoke and the Swimmer's level 16 Shellder, the last Pokémon in their respective parties, have a Special stat of 21.

That's why. The last Pokémon you battle must have a special stat of 21.
>>
>>26876163
Son of a bitch....
Well thank you for helping me out.
Any idea who I could battle?
Got a couple hikers, a few people on the last floor of Rock Tunnel..
>>
>>26876132
it works on yellow too, you retard
>>
>>26876178
Fight a wild Ditto and send out a Pokémon with a special stat of 21. Ditto will transform, kill it, and voila.
>>
>>26876217
Does that work after the trainer battle?
Cause I heard that a wild pokemon battle doesn't send the glitch on course.
>>
>>26876227
It does. Trigger the trainer-fly glitch with the gambler, go to Cinnabar Island and enter the mansion. Find a Ditto, let it transform into a Pokémon with a special stat of 21, kill it. Make sure not to encounter any Pokémon at this point, so use repels. Go to Lavender Town and enjoy your Mew.
>>
>>26876217
Transform doesn't copy stats.
>>
>>26876249
Ok awesome thank you very much.
Couple of last minute detail-questions:

With the Ditto glitch, does the Pokemon I own have to have an exact special of 21 or a multiple of 21?
And, do I still need to initiate a trainer battle after flying from the gambler and then fight Ditto, or does fighting Ditto eliminate the need to fight someone to "break the glitch loop"?
>>
>>26876291
It must be exactly 21. Mew's internal index number (not Pokédex number) corresponds with 21. See: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_index_number_(Generation_I)

42 will result a Mr. Mime, 63 a Missingno, 84 a Pikachu, etc.

You don't have to initiate a trainer battle. Killing a Pokémon with a special stat of 21 is all you need to do for Mew to appear. Good luck.
>>
>>26876276
(You)
>>
>>26876319
Ok thank you very much

>>26876276
And I think it does in gen 1 otherwise this glitch wouldn't even be known
>>
I'm leaving this here
puu(dot)sh(slash)257S
>>
>>26876319
So one more question I thought of, if I happen to find a wild Pokemon with a special of 21, would that work as well or for some reason does it have to be a trainer mon/Ditto?
Sorry for my retardation, and thanks for being so helpful.
>>
>>26876377
A wild mon with a special of 21 works too, but it's hard to predict and will take some time. Ditto will ensure it transforms into one with 21 special.
>>
>>26876276
If that were true, transform would be pointless
>>
>>26876377
It would, but it's pot luck whether you get a mon specifically with 21 as its Special. After all, you have to take into account level and DV as well as species.
>>
>>26876396
>>26876408
Ok sounds good thanks again guys
>>
http://glitchcity.info/wiki/index.php/Trainer_escape_glitch#Ditto_Trick

here ya go anon
>>
I wonder if Virtual Console Mews will be able to be sent to SM through Pokemon Bank or not. I'm sure they'll have measures in place to prevent glitch Pokemon like Missingno from going through, but technically Mew isn't a glitch Pokemon. It just shouldn't be possible to catch it in the VC versions (unless there's been an event I don't know about).
>>
>>26876132
i got yellow and i was able to do the mew glitch
>>
>>26876408
>>26876396
Update:
I've tried defeating a wild Pokemon(Rock Tunnel Machop with presumed 21 special) but after the fight it wouldn't let me bring up the menu still, so the glitch was still in effect.
I'm guessing Ditto is special since regular wild Pokemon don't work and I screwed myself by accidentally fighting the youngster with Slowpoke. I hope the Ditto thing works
>>
There's a map of every spot you can get the mew glitch to work and what wild pokemon will show up; I'd post it here but it's over the file size limit. Just google it and you'd find it
>>
>>26877154
Mew will probably be Bankable but not used on GTS, as is the norm. Also something in Bank coding is bound to "legalize" a Gen 1 Mew as it probably has to do with everything.
>>
>>26877154
>unless there's been an event I don't know about
There has. Japan only, though.
>>
>>26876116

I did the Mew glitch and it worked, but now I'm trying to use it to get all the Pokemon that you normally wouldn't be able to get without trading. Is there a list of trainers that result in specific Pokemon, or even just a list for the special stat requirements?
>>
>>26878640
http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Red_and_Blue/Mew_glitch#Get_other_rare_Pok.C3.A9mon
There's a list here of version exclusives and their corresponding special stat
>>
File: Baseball.png (457KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Baseball.png
457KB, 600x450px
>>26876276
>Transform doesn't copy stats.
>>
>>26877814
After you fly away from the gambler, go to any pokemon center. Fuchsia works best.

Go up to the PC. Change boxes, save your game. Restart your game. Now you can use the menu and the glitch will still work.

If you use Strength to move the boulder in the Warden's house, you will not have to battle another trainer.
>>
Mew glitch isn't a glitch.

Done on purpose so people can catch mew.
>>
>>26879353
(You)
>>
>>26876217
>>26876319
>>26876396
>>26876408
Can I keep using the same gambler?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.