[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vp/, is there any way to directly manipulate the data or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: cubone.png (498KB, 770x784px) Image search: [Google]
cubone.png
498KB, 770x784px
Hey /vp/, is there any way to directly manipulate the data or whatever of a Pokemon ROM so that I can change my starter pokemon? I ask because I want to start a game of FireRed with Cubone as my starter.

I considered trying to do it in X but I don't think there's a way to really "choose" your starter without having it traded over, which means they stop listening to you after a while.
>>
How new are you?
>>
File: sandslash2.png (1MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
sandslash2.png
1MB, 1280x800px
>>26864515

new-ish, just never fucked around with ROM data before
>>
>>26864531
Well it's easy as hell to inject a pokemon. Just ask on the Wifi General for a Cubone egg.
>>
>>26864501
There's all kinds of randomizers out there. That's the only way I know to have any starter you want, but you have to start over until it gives you what you want. There may be a way to explicitly alter the data to give you a certain pokemon, but I don't know how that works.
>>
>>26864552
>reading comprehension
He said Fire Red, anon.
>>
>>26864552
kek BTFO
>>
File: cubone7.png (425KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
cubone7.png
425KB, 640x480px
>>26864552

Wait you can trade eggs? If so then shit I must've forgot lmao

But the more I thought about it I actually do just really wanna play Fire Red again so I'm still looking for ways to pick a specific starter that way
>>
>>26864501
Google for Pokemon Randomizer, the most popular one has an option of manually changing the starters without changing the rest of the game
>>
File: Untitled.png (39KB, 795x690px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
39KB, 795x690px
>>26864501
>download Universal Pokémon Randomizer
>open ROM in it
>set starters to custom, put Cubone somewhere
>leave everything else unchanged (maybe put in special QoL tweaks like removing trade evolutions and adding indoor Running Shoes)
>>
File: cubone shocked.gif (64KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
cubone shocked.gif
64KB, 250x187px
>>26864634

Sweet, thank you!

And this just touches the ROM file? I ask because I want to use an emulator app on my phone. Pokemon was made to played on the go, after all.
>>
>>26864785
>And this just touches the ROM file?
Yes.
>>
>>26864787

Awesome, thank you. This Randomizer is gonna be a lot of fun in the future.
>>
>>26864634
Looks like the randomizer's been updated quite a bit since I last used it. Might have to give it another go sometime soon.
>>
File: Cubone Quest (Randomized FR)-1.png (7KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Cubone Quest (Randomized FR)-1.png
7KB, 240x160px
OP here. I have immediately realized a critical flaw in my plan.
>>
>>26865231
I guess you'll have to get a program like YAPE and edit its starting moves.
>>
>>26865231
Lol
>>
File: cubone2.png (18KB, 337x383px) Image search: [Google]
cubone2.png
18KB, 337x383px
>>26865258

I'm actually just toughing it out. Caught a Pidgey and I'm having them tag-team back and forth until Cubone learns actual attacks.

In my head I'm imagining that bitterly and helplessly losing to my rival is only going to strengthen Cubone's resolve to crush him later. It's stupid but crafting little narratives like that is the best way I've been able to enjoy these children's monster collecting games for so long.
>>
>>26865231
>>26865258
You can edit moves in the randomizer to where you automatically get a damaging move.
>>
>>26865328
you get bone club at 9 I think, and you'd start kicking ass early game with it since its like 65 with stab
>>
>>26865328
shut up retardo
>>
>>26864501
I have nothing to offer here. Just wanna say top tier choice, OP.

I actually just finished breeding a penta perfect adamant cubone in sapphire. If you want a badass cubone for ORAS I have you covered.
>>
>>26865231
Top kek
>>
>>26865231
That's why you're always a faggot
>>
>>26864501
in the other gens you just use a randomizer and randomize nothing, only changing the starters available
>>
>>26865347
>he runs into a flying type
>>
>>26865231
Lose the rival battle catch a wild pokemon and train cubone to level 9
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.