[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They'll do it again, right? They'll reuse the shitty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

File: sunmoon.png (237KB, 434x615px) Image search: [Google]
sunmoon.png
237KB, 434x615px
They'll do it again, right?
They'll reuse the shitty engine that ruined Gen 6?
>>
Obiviously. There's no point in being hyped for when it's pretty much confirmed the game will be trash just like X and Y, or maybe even worse, like ORAS level of bad.
>>
Yea.
It's going to be shitty
>>
Like Gen V to IV it will be a slightly spruced up Gen VI engine.

The engine however was the least of Gen VI's problems.
>>
>>26833217
I actually liked OR a bit more than X, but GOD FUCKING DAMN IT those loading screens every 10 steps.
>>
There is nothing wrong with the engine, battles especially are great. If you mean the framerate, that's something they can easily adjust
>>
>>26833217
>the gen 6 is bad meme
You are the cancer that'skilling this board.
Go rant about Pokémon somewhere else.
>>
>>26833217
Just having the same look bores me. I've seen all 700+ Pokemon in that engine already, I'm not paying to play the same exact shit again. The world feels empty and bland as well.
>>
>>26833263
>new gen
>same exact shit
>>
The engine was fine, they just used it badly.

>constant change of camera angles during cutscenes
>speech bubbles
>NPCs look lifeless in the overworld, no idle animation

A bad engine would be gen 4's, the battle speed/framerate was atrocious. They fixed those issues in Gen 5 and both those gens were on the same platform.
>>
>>26833284
There is nothing wrong with actually having dynamic camera angles in cutscenes or the word bubbles.
>>
>>26833192
>>26833217
>>26833221
>>26833263
Why even play?
>GEN 1 WAS A BEST 2 WAS OK EVERYTHING AFTER LOOKS SO SHITTY!11!!
>>
File: really good mood.jpg (41KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
really good mood.jpg
41KB, 500x667px
>>26833233
>framerate
>3D randomly works or not, depending on scene complexity
>overworld looks just "ok" despite poor performance
>constant "transitions" (read: loading screens), remember trying to cross Lumiose city?
>garbage camera & controls in some areas
>clunky UI, everything feels sluggish, online takes half an hour to load
>can't use Bank from in-game
>still can't skip half-hour anime-tier dialogues

meanwhile Game Freak is swimming in money, yet they can't fix basic shit

>that's something they can easily adjust
lol
>>
>>26833297
>gen 6
>clunky UI
Opinion discarded
>>
>>26833192
>>26833217
>>26833221
Wether you like it or not, this is the future of pokemon. If you don't like it, prepare to stay butthurt forever.
>>
>>26833294
It's just a personal preference. There's nothing wrong with changing it once you've entered a cutscene, but the reason why it pissed me off because it would frequently change unnecessarily in a cutscene.

Take a look at Colosseum/XD, they moved the camera a bit to suit the mood but they didn't go changing it like a 12 year old finding out Windows Movie Maker effects for the first time.
>>
>>26833281
Oh wow a couple of new Pokemons so exciting! I wish I can be easily pleased like you.
>>
>>26833360
You got please by 1 to 2 and 3 to 4, so evidently you're easily pleased too.
>>
>>26833371
It gets a "little" boring after a while.
How many really original designs were there in gen 6?
>>
>>26833360
Are you actually retarded?

If shit like new pokemon, a new region to explore, new characters, new moves/abilities/battle mechanics and all the other features they add don't interest you, then why are you even here?
>>
>>26833192
Now I know /vp/ likes to suck gen 5's dick, but if you think the engine used in gen 6 wasn't several times better than gen 5, you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>26833391
I think you got the gens mixed up buddy
>>
>>26833391
agreed, gen 5 felt like a pixel mess the entire game, and even though gen 6 didn't blow me away like the games did as i was a kid it was still at least playable
>>
>>26833389
New pokemon sure, new region sure (despite looking plain and boring so far), new characters okay, new moves/abilities who cares, new gimmicky battles like sky battles, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4? OH WOW IM SO EXCITED. All these new battle mechanics are always shitty and they know it hence why it's always rare to see them in game.

What "all the other features" are there?

Be serious, this series isn't evolving at all.
>>
>>26833391
>I-it's in 3d therefore it is good!1!!1
>those frame drops mean nothing!!!
>load times? What load times??
The gen 7 engine WILL be better, but from the looks of the UI and battle models, not enough
>>
File: anon-kun.jpg (700KB, 1053x1070px) Image search: [Google]
anon-kun.jpg
700KB, 1053x1070px
>>26833391
>non-open-world engine
>several times better than open-world engine running on trash hardware
>if you disagree, you're retarded
>>
>>26833391
The point is each gen was different up until gen 6. Now they just reusing that shit for everything. X/Y, ORAS, and now gen 7. Just look at the drastic changes in each of the games up until now. I know you guys love buying the same shit over and over but there should be a limit.
>>
>>26833415
Explain to me how gen 5 graphics were better in any way. Gen 5 models were pixelated to the point of looking like they were made in minecraft, and had about 5 frames per second.
>but gen 6 lags!
The only time I've ever experienced this is during the split screen sequence in battles. There is literally nothing wrong with the engine used in gen 6.
>>
>>26833192

The engine was the least of gen 6's problems.
>>
>>26833453
>>26833223
>making the same post twice when nobody responds
Damn that's sad.
>>
>>26833449
Not this shit again. Now that Pokemon is in full 3D, there's nothing they can do to improve the visuals without the 3DS getting replaced with improved hardware. Gen 5 shouldn't be praised for making moving sprites in the year fucking 2010.
>>
>>26833514
Not this shit again. Now that Zelda is in full 3D, there's nothing they can do to improve the visuals without the GameCube getting replaced with improved hardware.
>>
>>26833584
What's your point?

Pokemon isn't Zelda, it can't switch between two drastically different art styles
>>
>>26833451
>Gen 5 models were pixelated
Maybe thats because they were animated pixel sprites and not models
>>
>>26833514
They could have added moving sprites since gen 2 but they didn't because GF is incredibly lazy and incompetent.
>>
>>26833192
>>26833217
As long as it's not as bad as Gen 5, I'm okay with that
Gen 6 felt great after having played Gen 5
>>
>>26833217
I might be in the minority but I absolutely LOVED Gen 6
>>
>>26833646
Ikr GF is so fucking lazy only 4 people developed Gen 2
>>
>>26833192
Welcome to pokemon
>>
>>26833649
I almost didn't play gen 6 because of how awful gen 5 was. Really glad I did though.
>>
>>26833673
A very vocal minority hates gen 6, don't fall for the shitposting
>>
>>26833726
It's not a minority, it's very clearly a big part of /vp/
>>
>>26833805
yeah, no

It's very clearly a vocal minority
>>
>>26833833
Prove it.
>>
>>26833192
Yes and you will buy it regardless.
>>
>>26833838
Theres literally a sun and moon strawpoll thread up right now that suggests people who don't like sun and moon are a minority. http://www.strawpoll.me/10547966
>>
ITT: People run out of things in gen 6 to complain about
>>
>>26833192
The engine didn't ruin 6th generation of Pokémon.

Lack of new Pokémon introduced in that generation ruin that generation.
>>
>>26833436
>Be serious, this series isn't evolving at all.

This tbqh. I mean, it was taking some pretty good, large steps in Gen V but then Gen VI came around and went backwards, then took a few steps forward in another direction. Not only is it barely evolving, but it's starting to lose it's soul too with all the casual/mobile-player pandering. And lets not forget how they could do some really simple things to vastly improve the game but they always choose not to (like an extra outside of battle HM slot or difficulty modes). Deciding to pirate the sun/moon since it's highly likely I'll lose interest less than halfway through like I did with OR/AS.
>>
>>26834285
This is completely true. I've got gf's little yellow dick in my mouth and I don't want to take it out
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.