[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Defend this. There is no logical reason for IVs to continue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 16

File: Untitled.png (739B, 110x83px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
739B, 110x83px
Defend this.

There is no logical reason for IVs to continue to exist. Pokemon are "random" enough with nature and ability rolls. All this does is make it so it takes 10+ hours to breed a competitive viable pokemon instead of maybe 1 or 2.

As more and more people get tired of IV breeding, more and more people will look to injecting. Injecting has even become popular among normies because people don't feel like wasting an entire month to breed for a single competitive team.
>>
>>26825450
>10+ hours to breed a competitive viable pokemon
Bloody hell, you're bad at this. Even when I'm going for hidden ability, four egg moves and nature, with a hidden power and 87.5% male, it rarely takes more than 2 hours.
>>
>>26825450
IV is shit. Why defend? Natures EV Moves and ability give us enough ways to customize pokemon
>>
As someone who has never used the breeding mechanic, explain to me what IVs are.
>>
>>26825477
Yeah you're fucking lying and you know it.
>>
>>26825492
Are you being serious right now?
>>
Remove IVs but increase the amount of EVs a Pokémon can acquire to compensate.
I'd like that. Training is much more enjoyable than breeding.
>>
>>26825506
Yes, I'm being serious. I honestly think breeding is a waste of time in the main game.
>>
As long as hidden power can be calculated through other means I think IVs could be removed to give EVs or base stats a boost.
>>
>>26825522
People only breed for competitive or to get shinies.
>>
>>26825522
ok then.
every pokemon has a value for each stat that ranges from 0 to 31 (past generation 2) that determines the maximum points they can have in that stat. these Individual Values or IVs are different for each pokemon and can be passed on to their children like genes via breeding.

so basically a pikachu with all 0s is going to have worse stats than a pikachu with all 31s
>>
File: 1382814241904.png (2MB, 1920x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1382814241904.png
2MB, 1920x1800px
>>
>>26825450
>Keep Iv's
>Postgame old guy offers to change them at will for free
>You can distribute them in any way you want, as many times as you want
>Ability capsule works has a 25% of changing to a hidden ability
>Egg moves can now be learned by level up/relearn when having another pokemon that already knows the move in the party (Teach me sempai)
>The only thing you have to breed for now are natures and genders
>>
>>26825564
the annoying part is that it takes hours to breed a hexaperfect and the final stat differences is much smaller than effort value training, which takes less time. More work for less reward.
>>
>>26825496
He's not. You just need to get some dittos baby.

I have Dittos of all natures with perfect stats and Dittos with stats for passing down certain Hidden Powers. I got them all off of /vp/ too.

It probably takes me an average of 1-3 hours to take a random muttmon and breed it into a Champion who could take down the league solo.

Breeding for a shiny though....fuck outta here
>>
>exist to make pokemon unique
>make all pokemon the same because of the need for perfect pokemon in battle
>are invisible to anyone who isn't a hardcore battler and breeder
>have no effect on appearance, flavor text or pokemon amie behavior

They do the exact opposite of what they're meant to do.
>>
>>26825599
>I have Dittos of all natures with perfect stats and Dittos with stats for passing down certain Hidden Powers. I got them all off of /vp/ too.

sir i am approximately 110% sure that those dittos were injected or otherwise hacked into the game

try getting all of those dittos yourself and see how long it takes you
>>
>>26825450

Remove IVs and EV.
If that's the case.
>>
>>26825749
They definitely are. Doesn't change that breeding a perfect poke takes only a few cycles with them though.
>>
>>26825797
>breeding things is easy when you cheat
No, really?
>>
>>26825749
Not him, but my dittos are "legit" and come from DPP.
There was an ingame method back then to obtain shiny 6IV pokemon, but was extremely complicated.
I don't exactly remember what the method was called however.
>>
>>26825797

But it just begs the question, why are they necessary? Why is amassing a legion of illegitimate, perfect Dittos the first step in competitive breeding? And if the Dittos are injected then well shit, it's already been done once, why not just inject every Pokemon you need as battle-ready? A lot of people do that.

There's the experience of training and a pokemon and the satisfaction of watching it grow stronger, that's what I like, but IV breeding - if done legitimately - is a virtually futile task that would take absolutely ages to even acquire the necessary pokemon for. The actual breeding for the pokemon you WANT would be a whole other thing.
>>
>>26825824
>using an exploit
>'legit'
no
>>
>>26825817
Shut up, Versilify
>>
>>26825871
If it's in the game it's legit you mongoloid.
Hacking only applies to the use of external tools.
>>
>>26825610
>have no effect on flavor text
but they do. Proud of it's power, Likes to thrash about etc are all determined by IVs
>>
>>26825900
crabhammer mew is obtainable via exploits and is in no way legit.
>>
File: tea~.png (315KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tea~.png
315KB, 500x500px
>>26825749
>sir i am approximately 110% sure that those dittos were injected or otherwise hacked into the game

not him but are you surprised? what sane person(even most pros) would want to waste their time trying to breed without a rng abused/hacked ditto when the pokemon that comes out is "legit"

>try getting all of those dittos yourself and see how long it takes you
Anyone with black and white/2 can easily rng perfect "legit" dittos if they know what they're doing senpai.

Waiting for the day GF literally throws a perfect foreign ditto at players ingame to fix this issue.
>>
Breeding for IVs is our last bastion
Without a way to improve, learn about the hidden qualities, try and fail...without a fucking way to take this game seriously...

THIS PEOPLE WANT THIS GAME TO BE A WALKING WITH PETS SIMULATOR.
>>
Why hasn't GF made a hidden power NPC? Or a fairy hidden power while we're at it.
>>
>>26825477
>>26825900
>>26825599
>>26825824

Using hacked Dittos to breed perfect mons faster is still cheating, stop lying to yourself.

And i say that as someone who is using action replay since gen3.
>>
>spend a bit of time breeding hexaflawless 7
>collect dittos of each nature
boom now you can get 5IV babies with the desired nature in short order
>>
>>26825841
You can't inject gen 6 pokemon. Injection only works on gen 5 and lower for what I know. So, I used the Dittos to create Kalos pokes for battling.

Some stuff I do just inject because I want to battle, basically only legends, but if there's Gen 6 egg moves or something like that, I need to breed it in game unless something changed since I started. Granted, the last time I needed to inject was over a year ago.

There's also no satisfaction in training and watching a pokemon grow outside of the main story. You get that feel while you're battling against leaders and the bad guys but, once that's said and done all that's left are battles without growing. The later games don't have any other post play aside from simply battling, whether its online or in the maison. Since the maison and online cap your levels, there's also no reason to ever train beyond 50 unless you needed a move.
>>
>>26825450
Only competitive players give a shit about IVs, which is why they're not going anywhere
>>
File: 1427137526352.jpg (107KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1427137526352.jpg
107KB, 700x700px
>>26825978
>>
File: ingame_bwrng_tfres.png (34KB, 997x586px) Image search: [Google]
ingame_bwrng_tfres.png
34KB, 997x586px
>>26825964
>easily rng perfect "legit" dittos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2BjB63i_LQ
But when it finally worked it was so satisfying.

>>26826001
>Granted, the last time I needed to inject was over a year ago
>You can't inject gen 6 pokemon
More like 3 years ago.
>>
>>26826001
>Being this retarded

Injection has been a thing since almost the beggining of gen 6 starting with browser exploits.
You can still inject shit if you own the proper games or if you have an old firmware.
>>
>>26825990
I don't care that it's cheating. I just want to battle and doing the DirtyDitto helps and there's nothing TPCi can do about it. I also inject
>>
>>26825599
And you expect every single player to pull this shit off just to defend IVs? Fuck off.
>>
>>26826115
Thats fine anon. It's just these faggots that cheat and are in denial about it that pisses me off.
>>
>>26826077

The last time I injected was a while, friend-o. When I actually used to inject a lot, you couldn't get gen 6 pokes. I should've been more clear here though. I was injecting from a Pokemon Black and using bank to transfer. Black obviously can't inject gen 6 so I bred Kalosmon from there.

I stopped caring about injection when I couldn't figure out how to get surfing and flying pikachu over to XY
>>
>>26825978
>muh casualization

pokemon is all about trying out as many pokemon as you are interested in. that's why the exp. share was created the way it was in gen 6 -- GF wanted you to be able to use a whole variety of pokemon.

that whole gameplay philosophy is shit on by IVs. Without dittos/injecting, it can take up to weeks to create one team of 6 pokemon, if you know what you are doing. Want to use a defensive moveset on that perfect IV mon? Or maybe a moveset that focuses on speed instead of power? Have fun playing bike simulator so you can get another two 6 IV pokemon with the new natures you want.

Pokemon is about battling, not breeding. Your competitive edge should come from you using suitable moves, abilities and predictions to outplay your opponent, and not from how many eggs you hatched. Removing IVs doesn't casualize shit, it just puts a time wall behind anything you'd like to try.
>>
>>26826001
It's pretty ironic that you refer to hacking as "injection" while claiming it can't be done in gen 6, considering "injection" was a term coined specifically to refer to gen 6 hacking.
>>
File: 1465580240578.png (609KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
1465580240578.png
609KB, 600x480px
>>26825749
Anon, IV's are a SHIT mechanic and I hate with a passion that it exists with a 31 point range. Nerf that goddamn shit. But I hate losing due to a disadvantage just as much.

Give Game Freak a good 'ol "Fuck You", and use a hacked Ditto with max IV's for breeding. Make it Japanese, too. Pokémon takes to much goddamn time as it is to sink even more time into just getting a few Pokémon that are even ground in the competitive scene. Breeding's already a TERRIBLE use of time, to make it harder by using ingame Ditto's is a waste of precious time.

Don't waste your time on Game Freak's shit mechanics, Anon.
>>
>>26826142
>being this mad
I'm not defending IVs. I'm defending the time it takes to breed a perfect poke if you have the dittos.

I don't care about if IVs should or shouldn't exist. They do and that's all there is to it. Bitching about it won't make them magically go away though.
>>
>>26826312
>if you have the dittos

Yeah great, you either have to waste hours and hours of breeding or cheat.
>>
>>26826214
Ehh, it's lingo. I've been technically injecting since Gen 3 with gamesharks. It's cheating anyway but it still won't make you a better battler. It just cuts out the time it takes to get to the battling point.
>>
File: zero.jpg (7KB, 252x288px) Image search: [Google]
zero.jpg
7KB, 252x288px
>>26826288
>31 point range
It's 32.
>>
>I don't like this optional feature and therefore it should be eliminated to cater to my and only me

FUCK OFF

IVs and EVs are absolutely and completely optional. Even natures as well. Games have been so casualized you needn't worry about ANY of those, because ingame battles are not difficult at all.

Why the fuck do you ask for them to remove said feature that allows, very cleverly, to add a full in-depth layer to the game?

The only place where you'd be left out, would be the official tournaments, because even with your friends you can set your own rules or play as casually as you'd like. Nobody is forcing you to IV breed or EV train whatsoever.
>>
>>26826346
Cheat. Don't waste your time trying to luck out with a good IV safari Ditto.

The Pokémon you breed will still be 100% legit.

Cheat that goddamn time sink.
>>
So, for someone who is completely retarded, how does Super Training compare to IV training?
>>
>>26826346
Yes. Even if IVs didn't exist you'd still have to do the same either way. Whether it be for natures, egg moves, ability or gender. You literally need to waste time or cheat.
>>
>>26825978
I'd rather have it be a walking with pets sim that this tangled mess.

IVs shit all over the hammered in message Pokemon likes to shove down our throats all the time: That if we care for our Pokemon they'll be the very best. And that we need to catch them all.

It's honestly ridiculous that the teams of Pokemon that tag along with you during singleplayer are pretty much useless in competitive play because of a stupid programming wall.

What's the problem with "casualizing" Pokemon games by removing IVs? They're fucking retarded, all that should matter are EVs.
>>
>>26826404
>breeding for 30 minutes max vs breeding for multiple hours

nice comparison anon
>>
>>26826384
>Bike simulator is a very clever, deep layer of the game
Holy fuck my sides
>>
>>26826404
If you've caught Pokemon through the main game, natures won't be much of a problem. Egg moves, ability and gender MAY take SOME time, but with IV's cut, you'll spend a drastically shorter amount of time on your bike.
>>
>>26825450
>There is no logical reason for IVs to continue to exist.
They represent genes. There, I have defended it and proven you objectively wrong, and only two sentences into your post. I think it's important that you realize that just because you don't like something, it doesn't make that thing illogical.

However in the future, please refrain from making an entire thread about your one singular post, it really doesn't deserve a thread of its own.

Threads about IVs always end the same, people who like them repeat the same shit over and over, while ignoring the people who don't like the who are also repeating the same shit over and over while ignoring those who like them.
>>
>>26826431
>30 minutes max for one mon
>6 mon per team
>3 hours per team of 6

It'll add up
>>
>>26826399
IVs are bred, EVs are trained. EV training with hordes is easier and faster than supertraining

look at >>26825575 for a good overview
>>
>>26826458
Okay so it seems like EVs are what really matter and IVs are just autistic shit. Got it.
>>
>>26826453
Thats still acceptable compared to the time needed to breed perfect mons with the right IVs.
>>
>>26826479
Not at all anon, not at all.

A mon with 250 speed and 281 speed is a big fucking difference.
>>
>>26826449
Its pretty illogical for a game that purports the idea that we should love and cherish each of our monster friends to create a system that encourages eugenics and mass infanticide/abandonment.
>>
>>26825450
I'm fine with injecting and shit, but when people have 6 iv foreign dittos that's still not "legit"

If you're going to cheat why not go all the way?
>>
>>26826479
IVs have about 50% the worth of the maximum amount of EVs a stat can have. They're also not limited to having their full potential on just two stats.
>>
>>26826498
Autism. Literally.
>>
>>26826492
I see what you're saying anon, but I'm choosing to stick to my guns so I don't feel obligated to put that much extra effort into playing adequately at a game about anime children ordering monsters to beat each other up.
>>
>>26826449
Not even OP, but IV's ARE illogical. At least by a 32 point range. It devalues the Pokemon kids catch and "bond" with in their playthrough since they'll likely be a disadvantage online or at competitions if they want to use them.

If they cut IV's down to like 15 points max or something, that would at least make the barrier between playing casually or competitively much less of a hassle and more accessible.
>>
>>26826514
It's like I can respect if you are against injecting but partially "injecting" is total faggotry
>>
>>26826384
>The only place where you'd be left out, would be the official tournaments
Wow anon! it makes me feel so much better that unless I spend hours on bike simulator, I will never be successful in any of the tournaments hosted all year long.

Well, unless I cheat, which everybody fucking does, which should tell you something about how clever a mechanic IVs really are.

>set your own rules with your friends
get the fuck out

>nobody is forcing you
terrible argument. it's a plain and simple fact that if you want to win, you're going to need the best stats you can have
>>
>>26826384
>Allocating stats and values freely without RNG interaction is for casuals
>Soulsborne series allows you to do it
>Dark souls confirmed easy kiddie game

>In-depth layer to the game
>Grinding for hours
>Your character moves at 300 steps per sec aprox (Bike)
>It takes 5000 steps to hatch 1 eevee
>It takes you from 15-20 minutes to hatch a single egg
>Repeat for every failure
>1/31 chance of obtaining a perfect pokemon if both parents have 31 IVs (One stat is random)
>Add abilities and natures
>Add genders
>You end up having shit like 1/61 chance per egg of getting a decent pokemon

Your logic is shit, IVs weren't a thing in R/B/Y, and that was before casualization was even a thing you autistic manchild.
Go suck gamefreaks dick you gigantic fuckup of a retard.
>>
File: yes.png (40KB, 392x197px) Image search: [Google]
yes.png
40KB, 392x197px
>>26826582
>>
I bred 2 5IV adamant bisharps in one day, not even the full day
>>
>>26826582
Its almost like tourneyfags in every game are known for tearing the game apart to its base level and exploiting it until the meta runs dry and barren.

Just don't fucking worry about tourneys. Its a video game. Play it how you would like to play it. If you want to compete with autistic tourneyfaggots then you have to play on the same level as autistic tourneyfaggots.
>>
File: A412VKR.jpg (8KB, 251x223px) Image search: [Google]
A412VKR.jpg
8KB, 251x223px
Reminder that hacked but legal (and even illegal but irrelevant discrepancies like pokeball type) pokemon are A-ok for tourneys.
>>
>>26826661
>then you have to play on the same level of autistic tourney fagets

Oh so hacking IS ok.
>>
>>26826603
>IVs weren't a thing in R/B/Y
actually they were, but by a different name and at a smaller range.
>>
>>26826676
you know if he wasnt friends with that judge it would have been a DQ
>>
>>26826405
>It's honestly ridiculous that the teams of Pokemon that tag along with you during singleplayer are pretty much useless in competitive play because of a stupid programming wall.
THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

Pokemon lives and breathes The Power of Friendship. Making us dump our in-game teams in the PC and release/Wonder Trade away dozens and dozens of breeding rejects until we get that one perfect baby flies in the face of that.

You want Pokemon to have individuality? Have some flavour text popups after the battle.
>Bulbasaur is itching for his next battle!
>Pikachu gives you a playful electric shock!
>Oshawott looks a bit down in the dumps! You're sure he'll try even harder next time!". Have them based on IVs, and have a way post-game to raise or lower a Pokemon's IVs.
>Heya! I'm the Potential Guru! If you want me to unlock your Pokemon's hidden potential, come back with a Heart Scale!
>>
>>26826582
the dont go to tournaments you fucking casual, fuck off and play yokai watch if you want everything handed to you on a silver platter
>>
literally why would you ever not cheat?

you want to work for your pokemon?

please
>>
>>26826730
>Playing a bike simulator is the dividing line between casuals and experts

t. autist

>if you want everything handed to you on a silver platter
Yes anon, I want everything handed to me on a silver platter. It's not like there are other elements to battling that require thought, like creating a cohesive team of 6, or picking abilities, or selecting and breeding for appropriate moves, and choosing EVs and natures that work well with the above. I shouldn't be able to catch pokemon and expect them to do well in battle, that would be crazy. Of course I should bike back and forth for hours first.
>>
>>26826727
If Pokemon was still about the power of friendship we'd be able to have the fuckers follow us around outside their Pokeballs again, but noooo...Gotta keep Grasshol locked up in his Pokeball all day.
>>
>>26826850

so you want instant gratification, but not enough to cheat

youre basically the biggest manchild ive ever run across

I just came to /vp/ cause I made a really good team and wanted to see if you guys discuss your sets, but instead I ran into you. the worst poster on 4chan. neato.
>>
Yeah, no need for IVs. No reason to ditch EVs, especially with super training, but IVs just make it so even a Pokemon with a good nature ability, and moveset can be useless. I'd actually do multiplayer more if all I needed was EV training and nature/ability/moveset.

On that note, what would /vp/ think if natures weren't entirely random? Like, any Pokemon can still have any nature, but depending on the Pokemon their would be a higher rate of encountering wild Pokemon with one nature and a lower rate for other natures. Like Modest or Timid Abra would be more common, while you would rarely find an Adamant Abra. Would /vp/ want that if it saved time or would it be too casual?
>>
>>26826929
Everstone exists, there is no need to change anything about natures.
>>
File: spider-man-funny-pic.jpg (102KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
spider-man-funny-pic.jpg
102KB, 720x480px
>>26826880
>Argument points get BTFO
>retorts "you're just the worst, you manchild, you."

I'm not even that Anon you were arguing with, but goddamn. I think I needed that laugh, so thanks.
>>
>>26826929
Yeah this >>26826949

Everstones made hunting for natures a thing of the past in gen iv
>>
>>26826949
>>26827038
True, but without IVs breeding with everstone would only be necessary for egg moves.
>>
You fools. You will never understand. No one ever understands, you'd rather make up whatever you want about pokemon. IVs were never supposed to be used this way. They ARE the game's balance. This is how you were supposed to be able to beat the pokemon with higher base stats. They were never supposed to be optimized. The randomness ensures they have a flaw. Instead, you had to have your perfect god pokemon.
>>
>>26827187
>They were never supposed to be optimized
the games are hardcoded for enemy trainers to be either 0 IV or 31 IV across the board.
>>
>>26826497
Except it's your choice to abandon those mons, it's completely possible to beat the game with a team of 0IV mons. If you want to take the game Hyper seriously and go full autismo to build a PvP team, again you are choosing to abandon these creatures, Game Freak is not forcing you to.

>>26826529
Please read above.
>>
>>26826438
More like holy fuck, your brains.
The layer I was talking about was competitive battling, which absolutely depends and thrives from BOTH IVs and EVs existing. Otherwise, Pokémon would be the dumbest most boring rock paper scissors game ever...

Wanna survive a hit?
Make sure to have the proper nature, a 31 IV and just enough EVs to make you're you can counterattack after.

Wanna receive less damage from entry hazards or more Leftovers recovery each turn?
Adjust your IV and EV accordingly.

>but I must breed for perfection every time waaaah I don't wanna

Not true. If you run a Trick Room team, you’re aiming for the slowest possible, and zero EV investment.

Even more so, there's teams so fine tuned the aim for a low enough IV/EV combo that's just enough to underspeed threats, but allow its partner to go before then.

That's the kind of complexity that makes this goddamn game so fun...

I could go on and on but if you don't appreciate those hidden mechanics, I won't convince you anyway.

>>26826582

>I can't run a marathon using my flip-flops!!! Ban every running shoe there is!!!! They are an obvious advantage to those who buy them!!!

That's just how stupid you sound.
If you're complaining because GameFreak isn't holding your hand (which they already do with these last games) and give you a golden star for doing nothing, I can't help but laugh.
>>
>>26826603
You're doing it wrong, little retard.
Hatching a batch of 5 eggs using a Flame Body pokemon and the hatching O-power takes literally 3 minutes.
Nature is now set as long as you use Everstone. The only IVs that matter in most cases are as few as 2 (glass cannon attackers) and only perfectionists (or autists) care for the whole 6 IV set.
Again, all of this is completely optional, if you do want to participate in competitions and such, it's obvious you must put some effort here and there. Stop wanting things to be dumb easy and simple, don't be that kind of millenial...

>>26826727
I used to fill my Pokémon Ranch, and they seemed pretty happy.
Maybe a new Ranch would make you happy.
>>
>IVs ARE EASY TO BREED JUST GET DITTOS WITH MAXED OUT STATS

eat shit faggots

IVs need to either be reworked or removed

casuals don't even know they exist or care, people who play competitively despise them aside from the super autists.

Pokemon have enough randomness to them with EVs, natures, abilities, genders, nicknames, and moves-we don't need this bullshit anymore. Many people, including myself, just inject because of this horseshit; breeding for natures/abilities/moves and EV training doesn't require a ridiculous amount of wasted time like IVs. The worst part is I would love to breed but know I'm wasting my time because of IVs.

inb4 muh gyroball, muh trickroom teams (you don't have one), muh hidden power
>>
>>26827482
I'm going to add to this, there is no reason not to have 31 IVs in every stat except for very situational scenarios. With EVs, you need to decide how you want to spread your shit
>>
>>26827434
Biking simulator is still fucking stupid, as is having to dump your in-game team. They need to let us adjust IVs manually in the postgame.
>>
File: 1383523322971.png (144KB, 900x907px) Image search: [Google]
1383523322971.png
144KB, 900x907px
>ITT: Whiny shits complaining because they don't want to put effort into raising their pokemon.
>>
>>26827213
Bullshit. The only one I know to supposedly have perfect IVs is Cynthia. At least you can still outperform her. Against a real person, you wouldn't last a second.
>>
>>26827540
it's not raising a pokemon, it's eugenics just to get a pokemon to raise.
>>
>>26827434
I shouldn't have to spend hours to breed a battle-ready Pokemon. IVs are a shitty way of making pokemon "unique".

>hurr durr muh Trick Room
Speed is not the only thing that matters. I'd still need to breed for perfect IVs on attack or defense.

All that should matter is how much effort I spend on EVs, natures and moves. Not everyone has the will to waste hours of their time on something so autistic when they could be doing something else instead.
>>
I bred by cart, yet I don't want to breed Male Only Pokémon because the chances to get them right are worse than abysmal if you don't use one of those Japanese Ditto.

The gender ratio is supposed to be both a cosmetic (Like Miltank being always female) and a rarity check (Starters and Eevee), but male-only Pokémon without a female equivalent that is able to give both offspring is just an insult.

Even with 3 IVs Ditto (obtained via Dex Nav), breeding for things like Braviary or the Hitmons is an insult and a very awful gamble. And this is coming from someone that everything it has was obtained in the cart itself.
>>
>add a way to influence them postgame

Boom, i just solved it. People that like bike sim can bypass using that method, people that don't have an option that isn't "inbreed the pokemon"
>>
>>26827579
So, you're complaining because you have to waste time doing one thing, but at the same time want to spend that time doing another equally time-consuming thing?

I get that you don't like to ride the bike back and forth. That's fine. But you must also consider there's people that hate horde battles, or hate Super Training, or hate spending money in proteins etc.
Should GameFreak remove those OPTIONAL features just because they say so? Why would you want to limit IVs in the same way, when they're a choice?

>>26827520
New ways could be implemented to make it even fucking easier, if that's what you're asking for. But IVs as a wholesome mechanic should not disappear. Not at all.
>>
File: AHHHHHH.jpg (8KB, 200x145px) Image search: [Google]
AHHHHHH.jpg
8KB, 200x145px
>>26825450
If IV's weren't so fucking random, it wouldn't be that bad.

Like, if we had something along the lines of how Synchronize works where X wild pokemon gains 3-6 IV's of your lead 'mon with the respective ability, then it would be tolerable.

Fuck it, how about we just make Synchronize work for everything, bar Abilities for different species of pokemon?
>>
>>26827540
putting in reasonable effort is EV/abilities/natures/moves

IVs are autismal shit
>>
File: angery.jpg (242KB, 2048x1896px) Image search: [Google]
angery.jpg
242KB, 2048x1896px
>>26825450
pls be removed for next gen
>>
pro-tip: 100% of IV support is bait
>>
>>26827540
>arbitrary values decided completely by rng instead of directly by the player
>effort

haha yeah that guy who bred his 6IV HA Greninja in one try sure put in more effort than my 5IV one that took 2 hours!
>>
File: 1400475685329.png (21KB, 346x437px) Image search: [Google]
1400475685329.png
21KB, 346x437px
>IVs are removed
>hidden power is passed on by giving the male pokemon one of the type-enhancing items (never-melt ice, mystic water etc.)
>>
>>26827805
HP sucks cock now anyway since they nerfed it for no reason

wasn't even that good of a move, just a moveslot filler
>>
>>26827825
t. 1100 shitter
>>
>>26827482
>EVs and Nicknames and moves are randomness
You got a little carried away there, senpai.
>>
>>26827650
Super Training was specifically made so people didn't waste so much time on EV training. Plus, EV training is nowhere near as time consuming as breeding for perfect IVs.

IVs are a bullshit wall that has pretty much incited people to inject shit into the game. Give me one good reason as to why they should stay in.
>>
>>26827867
in terms of what normies do it is

IVs are pretty much just 31 anyway in competitive
>>
I don't know. It seems like most of the people against them are just against them because they don't feel like putting in the time to have better pokemon
>>
File: e45.png (438KB, 720x528px) Image search: [Google]
e45.png
438KB, 720x528px
>>26827650
You're not fucking getting it, IV's take too much goddamn time for just stat maxing. Optional or not, it's a part of the game that's critical to player vs player battles. Which the game and company promotes! Hell, most kids and casuals can't even use them because Game Freak DOESN'T EVEN EXPLAIN IV'S OR HOW TO USE THEM.

Getting good IV's is by FAR the worst offender of time usage on that list you made, simply because it's so heavily RNG based. Super Training, Hordes, that shit's easy and won't take long. Proper IV's could take HOURS. I don't know about you, but I'm here to make cartoon super powered monster-animals beat each other up. Getting good enough stats to play with other competent players shouldn't take hours upon hours. People have fucking shit to do.

Also, IV's render play-through Pokemon useless in most pvp battles, and Game Freak shoves "Friendship with your Pokemon!" so far down our collective throats that it's a goddamn phoenix wright level contradiction when bad IV's mean you'd need ANOTHER of the same Pokemon just to battle on an even playing field with competent opponents.

As they currently stand, IV's. Are. SHIT. I'm in 100% agreement with the Anon about something like a Hidden Potential guru that could raise IV's post game. That, or nerf the IV range enough to where it wouldn't matter so fucking much.

Because their current method is flaming dog shit.
>>
>>26828102
This anon fucking gets it
>>
>I don't like breeding
>I don't like injecting either
>Let's casualize the game even more by removing the only feature that has not been simplified in four generations
>>
>>26828179
>implying the battle system has been simplified at all
>implying IV's aren't the one thing in Pokemon that needs simplifying
If you want to breed a totally legit team, it can take dozens of hours of tedium before you actually get to play the game. And you shouldn't have to hack the game to avoid that.
>>
>>26828073
Because there are so many pokemon available to use, such a cumbersome method severely hampers the player's ability to create a variety of "battle ready" pokemon, as the official website puts it.

Back in Gen 3, there were half as many pokemon as we have to choose from now, but IVs can still considerably long to perfect across the board for one pokemon (legitimately).

Gen 6 acknowledged the growing amount of pokemon by editing the exp. share so that the player could test out a wide variety of catches during the gameplay. Difficulty criticisms aside, GF intended for the player to catch and use a lot of different pokemon. However, this philosophy has not caught up to the competitive side of pokemon, although steps have been taken to make the process quicker.

At a certain point, one begins to wonder why this mechanic is necessary at all, when all pokemon are objectively better off with one value (31) out of the 32 choices (0-31), barring niche exceptions. It's not like EVs, where in some cases you might want more stats here rather than there.

I wouldn't mind IVs if GF would expedite the process further (ex. buying IV raising items for BP), but as it is now, it only creates a time barrier that impedes you from getting to the fun part of the game, and encourages cheating as a side-effect.

You could say that IVs as they are now are comparable to the time when TMs were not reusable, in that both delay the player from playing the game with competitive teams (having to save up BP for more TMs). When TMs were made reusable, people screamed "casualization," but in reality it only brought positive consequences to the game.
>>
File: slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif (787KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif
787KB, 480x360px
>>26828102
Thread posts: 122
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.