[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>7 generations later and ice-types are still relegated to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: ice.jpg (49KB, 1024x614px) Image search: [Google]
ice.jpg
49KB, 1024x614px
>7 generations later and ice-types are still relegated to the later half of the main games
How does it feel, icefags?
They didn't even attempt to bother during Platinum and its new winter-themed overworld. Not even seasons in gen 5 could help ice-types. Even DRAGON-types are now becoming available right after the first gym. How does it feel to get shafted again, icefags? ;_;
>>
Is that a Kyurem fucking flying?
>>
>>26818021
anime canon or something
>>
>>26818021
Doesn't Kyurem learn Fly?
>>
>>26818001
It's weird because it seemed like Piplup would end up Water/Ice or Water/Flying and he ended up Water/Steel.
Not an icefag tho.
>>
>>26818033
I don't know does it?
>>
>>26818021
>>26818021
>>
File: HNI_0003.jpg (34KB, 406x284px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0003.jpg
34KB, 406x284px
>>26818001
>tfw Ice is still shitty, barely included in most gens, with very few new Pokemon per gen and even fewer that are any good
>>
>>26818040
Well, as much as I like ice, Water/Steel is pretty cool and is better than doing typical typings.
>>
>>26818064
I agree. Empoleon saved the Gen IV final evos all by himself.
>>
>>26818001
Has an Ice-type apart from Weavile ever been revealed in pre-release material?
>>
>>26818081
>Critizing any of the gen IV starters

Anon, those three were all equally god tier selections.
>>
>>26818021

>>26818043
http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/kyurem

_yes_it_learns_Fly
>>
>>26818093
Infernape isn't awful, just worse than Blaziken and Emboar (design wise, imo).
Torterra is alright, but I always saw it as grass/dark, and the asymmetry with the tree on one side but not the other always bothered me.
Totally subjective tho. I do feel like Empoleon is probably the most popular of the three tho.
>>
>>26818132
I can't bring myself to like Blaziken, but Emboar is okay. Both it and Infernape are based on characters from the same story.
>>
>>26818001

Ice types would be overpowered early game because early game you run into a lot of grass, flying and ground pokemon. That's why they are usually delegated to late game.

Now if only Gamefreak would stop making defensive based Ice types unless they're given Flash Fire.
>>
>>26818153
Did you start with gen iv perhaps?
>>
>>26818176
Yes.
>>
>>26818001
>tfw ice is my favorite type
>I love the moves, the design of the pokemon, etc
>tfw I can't battle online with a mono type team of my favorite type

idrinksludgetotransformmyself.jpg
>>
>>26818176
Started with I, IV isn't even my favourite gen.

>>26818183
Don't pretend to be me.
>>
>>26818187
This
>>
>>26818183
There ya go. I started with Gen I and not surprisingly Charizard is my favorite pokemon.
>>
>>26818219
Yeah, I guess that's why I prefer the ape. Thanks, anon! :)
>>
>>26818232
Are you trying to be sarcastic? Just be direct, passiveness is for queers and women.
Directness will help you communicate with people and advance in life.
>>
>>26818001
Its weird man.

I love Ice as a type thematically, even the moves and offensive properties of it are cool. But I don't really love any ice type pokemon. Sneasel is probably my favorite but I think Weavile ruined it. Maybe we'll get some really cool ice types in S&M like a viking walrus or something.
>>
>>26818303
>I'm in /vp/ wasting my time so I'm totally successful, g-guys!

Thanks, anon! Very helpful! :)
>>
>>26818534
I never claimed to be successful. I simply gave you some helpful advice.
You're inferring information that was never communicated, not using your sensory organs to perceive information.
Rely more on your five senses in the moment if you wish to advance and be successful in the real world.
Use patterns, intuition and gut instinct if you wish to impress your underage peers on /vp/.
>>
File: image.jpg (153KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153KB, 800x800px
>>26818595
>Being this much triggered.

Ok listen up kid. I don't care about your ape just stop giving me the impression that you contantly need this much approval in your live... Even when discussing a fictional ape. And that's not healthy, anon, I tell you that!

Kek
>>
>>26818187
>early days of Black/White online battles
>use a mono-ice team
>shitters who use mono-dragon ragequit

It was nice for a while
>>
>>26818704
Lol what? Infernape sucks.
>>
>>26818001
That picture belongs in a comfy thread. I love it.
>>
It makes sense IMO
It's a rpg trope to have the ice maps one of the last
>>
Ice type Pokémon are awesome.
>>
>>26818726
That's what I'm saying. Everything sucks.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.