[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>creates Creation Trio member in cut scene in HGSS >Dialga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: creation trio.jpg (139KB, 443x450px) Image search: [Google]
creation trio.jpg
139KB, 443x450px
>creates Creation Trio member in cut scene in HGSS
>Dialga and Palkia can destroy and recreate the universe in DPPt
>Giratina trumps both
>Arceus trumps all three

Why do so many people refuse to accept that Arceus is the main god and creator deity of the Pokemon universe? Is it because they are biased by their own western idea of what a god should be? Because it's not omnipotent? That's not a requirement to be the central deity of a religious system and especially not in a japanese game obviously influenced by japanese culture and their shinto/buddhist religion.
>>
Because you can catch it and put it in a little ball.
>>
>>26810302
I think the idea is that Arceus lends a portion of its godlike power to the trainer.
>>
>>26810302
This, t b h.

I've justified it to myself as the diety allowing you to capture it, and if it wanted, it could just fuck right off. But the main thing is, it's a video game. Capturing and/or slaying God Almighty is a power only found in games. Might as well abuse it, you know?
>>
>>26810302
>>26810337
You can't actually catch it though. The DPPt event was never released and you can only get Arceus through events. Who the fuck knows where those come from.

Even then, it's not a good point anyways. Dialga can be captured too and it HAS godlike powers whether you like it or not. Cyrus actually gives you a master ball and calls it useless, so you probably can't access a legendaries power just by catching it.
>>
>>26810376
This.
Dialga and Palkia can literally control the fabric of existence, but they're not going to let some kid manipulate the laws of physics just because they caught them in a Poke Ball.
>>
The Pokemon lore is constructed in a way that allows people to have their own ideas and come up with their own conclusions.
>>
>>26810249
Probably because the idea of Pokemon with godlike powers is fucking stupid? It's about kids going around catching creatures, why do Pokemon with that much power exist and why is a child able to utilize such power?

The best legendaries are the ones that feel like forces of nature. Just really powerful, naturally-occurring creatures. Not gods. Fuck Gen 4 for fucking up legendaries forever.
>>
>>26810437
>why is a child able to utilize such power?

They aren't. You literally can't use their reality warping power in the games.
>>
>>26810376
>>26810421
Have you guys watched Fairy Tail? It's garbage, but enjoyable.
In it, there's a summoner-type character that uses keys to summon the constellations as monsters. But when they summon one, they form an agreement. When they can be summoned, what they do while summoned, what the summoner can and cannot ask for. And if the summoner breaks the contract, the summon just leaves. They can also refuse to show up all together.

I like to think this works similarly. It's an agreement with a godlike entity, and as long as you obey their limits, it's okay. But step out of line, and the consequences could be dire.

But this is all anime-faggot headcanon.
>>
>>26810437
"random anon gets godlike powers" is a staple of japanese RPG though.

>Fuck Gen 4 for fucking up legendaries forever.
But there's only 4 "gods" and they're all in that gen.
>>
>>26810479
>"random anon gets godlike powers" is a staple of japanese RPG though

But it's something Pokemon avoided perfectly until Gen 4. The previous legendaries felt like forces of nature. The leap in power levels from Gen 3 to Gen 4 is just so awkward and reeks of a shark being jumped, for no real reason. The legendaries don't need to be that powerful.

>>26810463
But why do they join you at all? Do the gods of time and space really have nothing better to do?

It would have been a lot better if their existence was just implied and they went unnamed. The idea of super-powerful Pokemon gods itself isn't bad, but the fact that they exist in the flesh and can be captured with relative ease is just fucking lame.
>>
>>26810551
Well, I'm not disagreeing. It is pretty lame, but it's also true. I just can't stand how many fans deny reality.
>>
I believe it's even stated in DPPt that the pokeball only creates that bond between trainer and Pokemon and that's why Cyrus forged the red chain to force them to use their full power to his will.
They give you a chance to catch them because of your love for Pokemon or some shit but they don't have to give you their full power.
>>
Guys, there's an obvious reason that a god would let a trainer catch it.

Pokemon grow stronger while battling for a trainer. This is repeatedly stated in the games. Even mechanically, that's the only time they gain EVs.

They allow you to use their power so that they can grow stronger. They probably have a long string of trainers who they fought for until the trainer died, and they found another. They do this to gain power, and maintain their position as the strongest. The Creation Trio and Arceus especially need to do this, since the four of them are always muscling for power anyway.
>>
I've been pondering what it means to be a god. It is many different things to many different people. Even their powers seem to be inconsequential, with most being of the same strength no matter how you look at it. Some may indeed be more important than others, but this varies. This is merely a title and nothing more from what I understand. Any power is just as potent as the others. There is no such thing as a "more powerful legend". They are all overgrown chickens for all I care.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.