[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will we meet Diantha in Sun and Moon? She was strangely absent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Diantha.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Diantha.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
Will we meet Diantha in Sun and Moon?

She was strangely absent in majority of the story of XY despite the fact that usually GF shoves the champions down our throat (for example Steven in ORAS or Alder in BW) and we know barely anything about Diantha.

Here's the thing: for the first time we see her in Cafe SOLEIL in Lumiose where Soleil means Sun in French. Aparently its Diantha's favourite cafe according to one of the NPCs. Another one says he'd love to see Diantha's movie where she travels with a Pokemon. Later on in the post game we meet Diantha once again in Cafe Soleil to trade Pokemon. She's also seen in Coumarine which has lots of boats just like Alola

Could it be that Diantha's role, just like Zygarde's, was kept for Sun and Moon? As a matter of fact currently in both anime and manga she's interested in Zygarde. In manga she even searches for it along with Blue. In the anime she recognizes it right away and she knows its role in Kalos mytholgy. She also stated she wants to protect Kalos and Ash
>>
>>26797242

Who cares? She is the worst champion.
>>
I sure hope so, OP. What a dame.
>>26797409
Nah. She just got dealt a bad hand and was Champion for one of the least enjoyable gens. Doesn't make HER the worst.

That would be Iris or Wallace, if Wallace counts.
>>
>>26797886
She really was the worst next to Wallace, absolute garbage team and has as much impact on the story as she did in the anime.

She was just there and didn't do anything
>>
File: milky maniac.jpg (326KB, 500x699px) Image search: [Google]
milky maniac.jpg
326KB, 500x699px
>NPC Trainer more popular then the champion

Would rather have a plot important Hex Maniac.
>>
>>26797886
Actually she is by far the worst. How dare she call herself Pokemon Champion when she spends all her down time being an actress. Was Tiger Woods also in the fucking NBA? Was Rocky Marciano also the lead singer of a rock band?
>>
>>26797949
>Was Tiger Woods also in the fucking NBA?
Actually...
>>
>>26797242
She's pretty much X and Y in a nutshell

Rushed shit
>>
>>26797949
>How dare she call herself Pokemon Champion when she spends all her down time being an actress.

You do realize all champions have their own profession. If a rock collector and a vagabond can be champion so can be an actress
>>
>>26798099
Those are hobbies you faggot, being the champion of a league is a profession.

Why would she be an actress the gen after we could make our own movies anyways
>>
>>26797949
>How DARE she have two professions!
?????
>>26797929
Her team was actually pretty solid; X/Y was just generally very easy and not her fault specifically.

The only Pokemon of hers that was actually bad was Aurorus (But having both regional Fossil Pokemon IS a nice touch), but her Gourgeist should have been super-size with Will-O-Wisp an/or Leech Seed. Tyrantrum could've used Dragon Dance too. Not too many faults.

I'm not too concerned with plot relevance either. The pinnacle of plot was in B/W which was nice, but generally I don't play Pokemon for the plot, but rather the designs of the characters and Pokemon themselves.
>>
>>26798146
Well every champion should show up sometime in the story, that's another reason people aren't the biggest fan of Wallace or Iris too. And it is one of the biggest reason they love Cynthia and Blue and Steven as Champions, someone to look up to finally being beaten
>>
>>26798187
I'd agree.

Diantha is my favorite Champion because of her design and inspiration but I was sour that she wasn't utilized more.

I didn't let that impact my opinion of her though, since Gen 6 was generally underwhelming and it was more or less an issue with the plot/writing and not the character herself.
>>
>>26798241
I love her design too, it's like the only thing they put effort in, that or they just ran out of time.....?
>>
>>26798118
>Those are hobbies you faggot, being the champion of a league is a profession.
Bullshit. Just like being a gym leader isnt your only profession.

Majority of gym leaders have their own professions aswell
>>
>>26798463
Being a gym leader isn't equal to being a fucking champion

Does the elite 4 have any jobs?
>>
>>26798812(me)
One does, (Siebold) but he is never seen outside of the elite 4

Also Catlin leaves her job as a frontier brain to join the elite 4
>>
>>26798812
>Being a gym leader isn't equal to being a fucking champion

But champion doesnt get challengers every day, they have to have their own professions aswell
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.