[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think the main games' Pokémon models are going to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

Do you think the main games' Pokémon models are going to go the Pokken route in the future?

What I mean by this is: having fur/crystal/slimy/etc textures, instead of the simple anime-like cel shaded look.

Would you like this? Hate it? Think it won't happen ever? Why?
>>
>>26791286
I seriously hope not, and yes I would hate it.
But I don't think they'll ever go that route in the main games.
>>
>>26791316
Why would you hate it?
It makes sense considering that they've slowly but surely been building torwards a more realistic world.

First having moving sprites, then 3D, now full 3d movement with no chibis and no battle circles...
>>
>>26791286

It works for Pokken (at least for the playable Pokemon), but it wouldn't work for the main-series games.

Even with Pokken, particularly the support Pokemon, there's a clear disconnect between the cartoony proportions and stylized appearances of the Pokemon, and the "realistic" textures, which results in some Pokemon looking off.
>>
I hate how fucking slimey the Pokémon look in that game but I'm okay with fur.
>>
>>26791286
it may look good in some pokemon, but most of the others would probably look terrible with it, so no
>>
>>26791397
That's not even the reason. They're just bad at making it look realistic. If you were to make a realistic Sylveon, you'd give it actual fur and make the ribbons look like fucking ribbons. Simply giving it an HD texture doesn't magically make it realistic.
>>
>>26791286
I believe they will once the handhold consoles can take it. But I hope they do it right, as some of the Pokémon in Pokken look fucking awful considering they're supposed to be "realistic". They have to do more than just update their textures, they have to make their fur look real, make crystals and metals shine, change the proportions of many Pokémons' limbs and "accessories", and so much more. The current models would never work with a realistic theme. They'd have to start all over from scratch, like they did with Suicune in Pokken.
>>
File: art.png (1MB, 1200x1863px) Image search: [Google]
art.png
1MB, 1200x1863px
>>26791541

That's what I'm saying, they adjusted the proportions of the playable Pokemon, but for support Pokemon, they just took the XY/ORAS models and slapped HD textures on them (which is understandable, as the support Pokemon are only on screen for a few seconds, so no point wasting time and money on them).

What I mean is, they're not going to give 700+ Pokemon the Pokken treatment.

It'll be a long time for a handheld system will be able to handle it, especially when the 3DS can barely handle the current models as is, and even it were possible, I doubt it would be something they'd want to waste their money on, when they can just update the current models, and the fact that it doesn't suit the aesthetic of the main series games.
>>
Too much work for 700+ pokemon
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.