[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Parallel universes for originals and remakes? Overcomplicated"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 304
Thread images: 15

File: Portal.jpg (134KB, 818x578px) Image search: [Google]
Portal.jpg
134KB, 818x578px
>"Parallel universes for originals and remakes? Overcomplicated"
>"Just a retcon"
>"ORAS just replaces RS"
>>
They way they introduced that plot point was so stupid, I can't blame people for not wanting to regard it.
>>
>>26787373

Isn't ORAS and shit a parallel universe?

This was stated right?
>>
>>26787373
Blame the retarded fanbase for not being able to get a game for 7 year olds.

>>26787388
It wasnt stupid at all, unless you irrationally hate Zinnia like most people here do.

>>26787398
ORAS and RSE are stated to be different universes yeah. Nothing is said about the other games.
>>
IMO, for all intents and purposes it is just a retcon that places ORAS at the same time as RSE, same as it's always been
Why would they care about the old timeline?

besides, it's not like "parallel universe" was a foreign concept to the Pokemon franchise before Gen6, literally the whole franchise is meddled with them, it's just they never acknowledged them until now
>>
>>26787402
>"the reason why I fucked up humanity's chance of survival is because there MIGHT be an alternate reality without mega evolution!"
>not stupid

They couldn't have come up with a more inelegant method of introducing alternate timelines if they tried.
>>
>>26787402

But I'm sure they say something along the lines of "In other universe(s) they don't have Mega Evos, so that prettu much means anything before gen 6 is in another universe, they reffer to some events from other regions in the new universe of course since I'm sure when the 2nd remakes arrive they will just take the place of the old one in the new universe.

OLD
>GEN 1 -> 5

NEW
GEN 6 ->7

Also, I kinda like to think the original generation 1 and 2 are from a 3rd universe and their remakes are part of the 2nd universe.
>>
>>26787411
You didn't even play the game, the reason she stopped them was because of the infinity energy required to power the thing.
That was literally the huge point she brought up in the first place.
>>
>>26787373
Why does that even matter? Lorefags are fucking cancer holy christ.
>>
>>26787408
>it is just a retcon
It isnt, since it doesnt contradict previous material.

>Why would they care about the old timeline?
You mean the old universe, and it's a nod to players of the original RSE.

>, it's just they never acknowledged them until now
They do in Gen 5

>>26787411
>http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Zinnia#Pok.C3.A9mon_Omega_Ruby_and_Alpha_Sapphire
>"My people know it. From generation to generation, we pass along the lore about the distortions in the world borne by the Mega Evolution mechanism. And about the existence of another world, which we have long observed to be just like this one and yet not the same

She knows it exists.

>They couldn't have come up with a more inelegant method of introducing alternate timelines if they tried.
Good thing they didnt introduce a timeline.
>>
>>26787416
>But I'm sure they say something along the lines of "In other universe(s) they don't have Mega Evos, so that prettu much means anything before gen 6 is in another universe
> A Hoenn region that's almost exactly like this one we live in. Filled with Pokémon and people like us. A world where maybe the evolution of Pokémon took a slightly different path, where Mega Evolution is unknown.
She just talks about Hoenn, not anything else.

> since I'm sure when the 2nd remakes arrive they will just take the place of the old one in the new universe.
Did said remakes ever get released?
>>
>>26787420
"muh lore" is literally the only thing Gen VI did half-decently, so the people who liked it over-inflate the importance and get mad when anybody doesn't give as much of a shit about it as they do.
>>
>>26787411
She had a better way of saving the earth though. Did you even play the delta episode?
>>
>>26787440
The only reason why her "method" was because she just happened to have the perfect person follow her to Rayquaza with the perfect item needed. She was rejected by her dragon buddy.
>>
>>26787411
>"the reason why I fucked up humanity's chance of survival is because the Devon Corporation is abusing pokemon and stealing their life force to Power the machine just like the weapon from 3000 years ago but you know, EVEN WORSE THAN THEN! and there MIGHT be a chance it'll hit the universe me and my clan have observed for generations that doesn't have the ability to destroy the meteor.
>Also my clan predicted this meteor and developed a way to destroy it and passed it down through the generations

FTFY.
You're literally appear in every lore thread with the same shitpost indicating that you haven't even played the game.
>>
>This thread

You people are making Zeldafags look sane.
>>
>>26787448
Are you seriously complaining that a story is built on coincidences right now
>>
>>26787423
>It isnt, since it doesnt contradict previous material.
Well what i mean is that before HGSS, people set Pt at the same time as GSC, and before ORAS, people set RSE at the same time as FRLG, and i see no reason to change the place in time of ORAS
And i also think it's alright to assume the events of the other gen3-5 games happened the same time and the same way as before, until proven wrong
Do you agree with me on that, or not?

>You mean the old universe, and it's a nod to players of the original RSE.
Yes

>They do in Gen 5
fair, but i meant literally acknowledging that the games are different universes
>>
>>26787448
Did her method work without collateral damage or didnt it?

Zinnia and delta episode arent perfect but you fags should at least criticize it for what's actually wrong with them instead of pulling mental gimnastics or just making shit up.
>>
>>26787440
Which she did not know would work for sure, or if the legends she led were ever true. She risked all of humanity on a hunch.
>>
>>26787460
>Which she did not know would work for sure,
Because the meteor didnt strike before.
Neither Devon knew it would work for sure since it was the first time it happened.
>>
>>26787388
Considering that they forced a character into our faces just to get a Rayquaza and Deoxys, literally what the fuck was this plot
>>
>>26787456
You're the one who claimed she had a "better way". Her "better way" consisted of triggering a mass extinction event on Earth and assuming that she was the chosen one so everything would be cool. That's not "better", that's psychotic.
>>
>>26787460
This is such a stupid complaint. The Pokemon world clearly builds itself as a universe where stuff like legends do exist in some capacity. It's like complaining your science fiction is too grounded in science.
>>
>>26787460
You know she wasn't just making it up as she went right?
Her clan literally worked on this method for 1000 years or so.

>But the Draconid people, learning from their long history's cyclical nature, foretold that the meteoroids would fall on this land again. The meteoroid to come, they prophesized, would be far greater than those that had come before it. This meteoroid would be great enough to break the world forever..."
"In order to prevent this great calamity, those who held the knowledge of the past arrived at a plan. Their plan was to invoke Rayquaza, the great savior, and summon it to this land before the meteoroid could strike."

It was guaranteed to work seeing as she actually summoned Ray but the problem was that Ray didn't have enough energy. At that point the main character just butted in with the meteor and took her place.

Basically if the player wasn't a mary sue and she had a meteor the plan would have gone off without a hitch.
>>
>>26787402
>irrationally
>>
>>26787472
I didn't say anything, I'm just telling you it's dumb to complain about happenstance when it forms the core of the vast majority of stories.
>>
>>26787489
Yes, irrationally. Chances are you people either haven't played the game or just mashed through DE and went on to complain about it.
>>
>>26787418
What are you talking about? Devon energy has no negative side effects.
>>
>>26787505
Besides, you know, abusing Pokemon to drain their life force and shit.
>>
>>26787493
It's not dumb to complain about happenstance when its in response to someone calling an absolutely ridiculous plan good. Enabling eco-terrorists knowing that it could fuck up the planet based on the assumption that you're the chosen one (which ended up being wrong) is not a good plan.
>>
>>26787505
Do you even Sea Mauville nigger?
Infinity energy is the life force of pokemon, they're killing pokemon to power the region and the wormhole would have taken more energy than the weapon did 3000 years ago.

>"Devon Secret Investigation Report"
>"The development on new energy turned out to be true. The energy that uses Pokémon's bioenergy is called Infinity Energy."
>"Investigation Report on Wattson"
>"A series of actions related to cancellation of the New Mauville Project turned out to be true. I recommend prompt disciplinary action against him as a traitor to our group."
>"Dock Team E Leader, Operative Group —"
>>
>>26787508
Because risking the destruction of an entire planet twice is so much better.
>>
>>26787502
This seems to happen a lot this gen. Was the story not told well or is it really just too subtle for most people? I'm not a story telling expert so I don't know how to figure which it is. I just get a sense the story for these games was pretty intricate and well thought out despite a lot of complaints. Stuff like people not getting Lysandre and Team Flare too.
>>
For the love of reason, stop mulling over what is real and what isn't (hint: none of it is), and just believe what you want to believe.
>>
>>26787502
I played through the DE episode recently, and made sure to pay attention to the dialogue to see if Zinnia was as bitchy as I remember.

Only time she wasn't an obnoxious mary sue was right near the end, for every other part she was basically some 14 year old's RP character.
>>
Gentlemen, this thread is going places.
>>
>>26787502
Yeah, how can someone have another opinion than yours without being irrational? Man, /vp/ has become shit.

I played the Delta episode and hated it, and her. No, I'm not going to like a character that has a supposedly better way to save the world but doesnt share it with anyone, insults and steals from the people she should be allies with, was only right because we happened to be there, and got nothing but praise and respect along the way.

It's perfectly fine to like Zinnia but the idea that people who dont like her cant have valid reasons for it is just retarded.
>>
>>26787515
But she knew her plan would work because her clans legends and prophecies. And we know because of the universe and tone of Pokemon that that would be the case because it sets itself up as a universe where stuff like that happens. This is a valid complaint in a story where the supernatural or destiny orbprpphecies and stuff aren't real. But the Pokemon world is clearly a place where they are so there is no issue.
>>
>>26787508
There is no abusing part familiar. It's collected automatically or some shit.
>>
>>26787542
>There is no abusing part familiar.
Except there is, infinity energy is the life force of Pokemon.
That same life force was used to power the weapon.

The very same weapon that killed a fuck ton of Pokemon in the process of powering it.
Do you not pay attention at all?
>>
>>26787512
Devon energy is what the entire Corporation is based on, if it implied killing Pokémon or even worse humans, they wouldn't even be there to tell the tale.
>>
>>26787542
What difference does that make? Being strapped to a machine or something that does the torturing by itself doesn't make it less bad. We don't know EXACTLY what they do to Pokemon to gather infinite energy bit the game is pretty clear that it'd supposed to be something egregious.
>>
>>26787517
Definitely bad storytelling. Team Flare's plans were largely inconsequential until right before the 7th Gym where every part of the story happened all at once.

>>26787553
The danger wasnt about killing pokemon, the danger in the Delta Episode was about the meteor going to a Hoenn that would be unable to stop it. That's the "death and destruction" Zinnia was talking about
>>
>>26787517
>Was it just too subtle for most people

Delta Episode was literally 10 minutes of exposition. It was just shit.
>>
>tfw when I said Pokemon ended with Gen 5 I was right
>>
>>26787562
>The danger wasnt about killing pokemon, the danger in the Delta Episode was about the meteor going to a Hoenn that would be unable to stop it.

>So this is what has come of human technology and of hope and blood and sweat and tears and... Well, the list gets kinda long and boring. But it contains everything, huh? I know all about it. About just what kinda energy you're using to fuel this rocket thing... The abominable technology humanity first thought up 3,000 years ago... So you're once again planning to claim that this is best for humanity, or best for the whole darn world... It's a snap of your fingers to repeat the sins of the past. Worse, if what I overheard is true... This time, you're about to commit an error more abominable than before!"

The danger was the pokemon, the meteor going to the other Hoenn was hypothetical.
>>
>>26787562
The problems were two fold. Yes Zinnia cared about destroying an alternate reality Hoenn, but the issues was also the ethical one about the gathering of infinite energy they'd need to do to even enact the initial plan. It isn't just one thing. It's multiple. It's not that simple.
>>
>>26787553
The weapon completely drained the Pokémon without leaving nothing behind, but it's perfectly possible the method has been perfected to only absorb a fraction of that energy and likely induce induce a temporary sense of fatigue. Steven's father even says the energy has been and is being used and that's the very reason they became the leading industry in Hoenn.
>>
>>26787555
>they wouldn't even be there to tell the tale.
Yeah because there totally aren't any shady companies in Pokemon.

Also actually play a gen 6 game.
>>
canon

Original universe (shitty technology "stagnant")

RGB -> ? -> GSC -> ? -> ? -> ? -> ?

Modern universe (good shit technology in progress over the years)

FRLG -> RSE -> HGSS -> DPPt -> BW -> BW2 -> ?

(awesome tecnology with Infinity Energy discovered by AZ, patented by Devon)

? -> ORAS -> ? -> ? -> ? -> ? -> XY
>>
>>26787581
see >>26787573

Devon doesn't care about Pokemon.
>Steven's father even says the energy has been and is being used and that's the very reason they became the leading industry in Hoenn.
How does that change the fact that they're abusing and killing pokemon?
>>
>>26787558
>Let me first take us back 3,000 years, to the days when this story began... There was a great war at that time, in a region far from here. That war was finally brought to an end by a weapon created by one man. And what energy source could power such a dreadful weapon? Do you know? You see... It ran on the life energy of Pokémon. The energy that could be gained by the sacrifice of so many Pokémon... There are surely many people who would call it reprehensible. But my grandfather, the president of Devon before me, said this...
>"Couldn't we use the energy to improve the lives of people and Pokémon?" And so he developed our greatest creation here at the Devon Corporation: Infinity Energy. Thanks to Infinity Energy, Devon was able to become one of the top industries in Hoenn and developed into the giant you see today. You may be surprised to learn that the Devon Parts you once recovered for us were in fact parts of a motor that would make it possible to power a submarine using Infinity Energy. It was not long before we began to expand our attempts to further human development. Next, we moved into exploring space. The rockets launched from the Mossdeep Space Center using our Infinity Energy... They are the true results of our dreams, our passion, and our technology. But never did we imagine they could end up as the best hope for saving our world.
Everything made from Devon is powered on Infinity Energy and the fact nobody ever complained means they found a way to extract it without abusing anything or anybody.
>>
>>26787581
The majority of people don't know exactly what infinite energy is, and it's name obscures its source. The Sea Mauville stuff was meant to imply confidentiality of the goings on. It's euphemized by Devon Co. because its what made them rich but it's still, as far as the game seems to want to imply, the same issue of ethics with Pokemon.
>>
File: official timeline.png (31KB, 640x284px) Image search: [Google]
official timeline.png
31KB, 640x284px
>>26787573
I just thought of that as more about doing the thing AZ did. He took it upon himself to decide what happens in a huge global matter thinking he knew best, and so were the Devon Corp. I also assumed >>26787586. But I suppose your way of seeing it makes sense too

>>26787590
>pic related
>>
>>26787603
>and the fact nobody ever complained
Wattson.
>>
File: multiverse guide.png (2MB, 1344x4873px) Image search: [Google]
multiverse guide.png
2MB, 1344x4873px
>>26787590
no
>>
Are you actually implying the pokemon world is evil and we're the only sane people?
>>
>>26787613

Whoops, I meant I also thought >>26787581 and >>26787603. Pretty sure the energy wasnt hurting anything
>>
>>26787603
Nobody complains because nobody KNOWS. I get the impression. the most people know about it is that euphemism "people and Pokemon working together" when the Delta Episode makes it clear the ethical issues present during Sea Mauville are still present in some capacity. In other words, if it isn't clear, Devon's development of infinite energy was meant to actually NOT be a good thing.
>>
>>26787617
Oh wait, of course not. We want to dominate the world by gathering all of the pokemon. My mistake. So everyone is evil. That still means it's all a lie.
>>
>>26787586
>the champion's father
>presented as a good-willed and pleasant man
>gives to you a lot of useful stuff without ever asking anything in return
>the man behind all the new balls
>never ever implied to be evil or greedy or whatever
Meh that doesn't exactly sound shady to me. Everyone who knows him seems to respect him and never badmouthed him, there is no reason to believe he's Giovanni 2.0.
>>
>>26787603
If anything that just makes Devon look a lot worse and completely uncaring about Pokemon justifying the abuse of Pokemon for the progress of the living.

I mean just look here
>There are surely many people who would call it reprehensible. But my grandfather, the president of Devon before me, said this...
That's literally saying,
>look, this is absolutely disgusting but what if it could be used for something good?
>>
>>26787629
>there is no reason to believe he's Giovanni 2.0.
Except for, you know, the whole infinity energy thing, the sea mauville diary entries stating it's made of Pokemon life force and this >>26787603
>>
>>26787617
Gen 6's interpretation of the Pokemon world implies a dark side of the world at largr we don't really actively see and was not really implied much in older games where it was mostly just random organized crime gangs and everything else was sunshine and rainbows.
>>
>>26787629
>Everyone who knows him seems to respect him and never badmouthed him
That just means no one but the higher ups at Devon knows about infinity energy.
Even Steven makes him sound shady as fuck
>"My father is... Well, let me just say that I have been his son for 25 years, and sometimes even I am not sure I understand him fully."
>>
>>26787629
The issue isn't that he's evil. He does bad things but he isnt meant to be be some across as a bad person. He's a good person. But he's found another way People can use Pokemon, and it made him a and his company successful. It isn't black and white. The game isn't saying he's evil or good. Devon Co. and Mr. Stone are just people.
>>
>>26787625
Sea Mauville is likely just some sort of side experiment gone wrong. You're just reading too much into things, do I have to remind you this is a game meant for kids?
>>
>>26787517
>Was the story not told well or is it really just too subtle for most people?
It's the same fanbase that still watches a 20 year old show where nothing happens and can't even figure that out.
It's not a GF issue(this time) it's a fanbase issue.
>>
>>26787489
Making shit up just because you hate a certain portion of a game is not exactly rational anon.
>>
>>26787659
>Sea Mauville is likely just some sort of side experiment gone wrong.
You do realise you're saying that one infinity energy isn't the same as another infinity energy here right?
Even though we all know that they're the same
>>
>>26787659
Sea Mauville was EXPLICITLY ABOUT the development of infinite energy. It was shut down because of Wattson who didnt agree with the ethical consequences, not just because it was a failed experiment.
>>
>>26787629
Lots of otherwise wonderful people do terrible things though. He's not presented as Giovanni 2.0 because he's not supposed to be.

A lot of this is reading between the lines, but I wouldn't put it past nintendo to slip in something like this. They snuck in a message about global warming in Splatoon after all, so why not a message about necessity and greed leading to corruption in otherwise good people?
>>
So we can confirm that gen 6 and possibly 7 by the looks of things marks the start of the deepest lore era of Pokemon right?
>>
>>26787697
le project AZOTH face
>>
>>26787642
And then you realize the games are the world as seen through the eyes of a child and children are reckless forces of nature that would destroy everything if left to their own devices.
>>
>>26787373
>How are you? Are you working really hard? I was sad that you didn't come last weekend. But Mommy didn't seem so sad. She went out with her friend. I finally got that telescope that I've been wanting. It was from you, wasn't it? Thanks, Daddy. I really, really wanted it. I like looking at the sky, Daddy. When I look at the stars, I wonder if you are looking at the same stars, too. Let's look at the stars together, next time you come home.
>But Mommy didn't seem so sad. She went out with her friend.
>mfw Cozmo's father was a cuck
>>
>>26787713
Or dead.
>>
>>26787666
I dont have to make up anything to hate her or the Delta episode. It overall made ORAS' story worse.

>>26787679
Does more of Sea Mauville's story open up in post game? Because I seemed to have missed everything you guys are talking about there.
>>
>>26787684
Gen 6 in general had a lot of underlying themes and messages that could be interpreted. I'm pretty sure they aren't an accident but you can never be sure until word of God I suppose. I just think it's pretty clear that A) we know he's meant to come across as a good person and was the forerunner of infinite energy and B) that infinite energy had and still does according to Delta Episode have ethical problems, then C) it's got to be the case that it was intentionally meant to be very grey.
>>
>>26787679
>>26787684
How come Infinity Energy is being used in this very moment without any repercussion then? Did they found some sort of compromise? We don't even know what exactly "lifeforce" is, for all we know it could be Pokémon semen.
>>
>>26787720
>I dont have to make up anything to hate her or the Delta episode.
Going by what is being posted in this thread, you do.
>>
>>26787720
>Does more of Sea Mauville's story open up in post game?
All of this stuff is accessible during the main game.

>I dont have to make up anything to hate her or the Delta episode. It overall made ORAS' story worse.
Tell the truth, you didn't read it properly.
>>
>>26787719
Nope, in a later letter it says he comes home to see his son and then get in a fight with his wife (probably because he cheated on him).
>>
>>26787728
>How come Infinity Energy is being used in this very moment without any repercussion then?
Because everything is being done behind the scenes away from prying eyes.

>We don't even know what exactly "lifeforce" is, for all we know it could be Pokémon semen.
Jokes aside we know that Pokemon need it to live seeing as the weapon uses the same energy and killed hundreds of Pokemon.
>>
>>26787517
I fucking remeber you ranting about Lysandre, you don't get it. GF didn't fucking make X and Y represent selfish people buying into a club, they're just generic bad guys and throw fits when the lose to show their childish. This is the weakest champion too because their lack of importance period. XY's toughest trainer uses level up sets, they don't care it's Cyrus 2.0
>>
>>26787735
Fair enough.
>>
>>26787439
WTF are you talking about???? What???
>>
>>26787748(me)
*to show they're childish/immature literal Saturday Morning villains
>>
>>26787731
>>26787733
Why is it hard for people to accept someone just didnt like something they did? I dont need to be told "no you didnt GET it man!" for this shit. I got it and it sucked.
>>
>>26787766
>Why is it hard for people to accept someone just didnt like something they did?
That's not the issue here. If you want to criticize DE do it. But based on shit that was actually there, not in made up shit.

>I dont need to be told "no you didnt GET it man!" for this shit.
Thing is, you didnt get it
>>
>>26787766
>Why is it hard for people to accept someone just didnt like something they did?
Because it's coming from someone who not only skipped over information but misinterpreted it and placed their own headcanon in.

If you want people to think you aren't just shitposting make an effort to know the material you're talking about.
>>
>>26787728
We know because it's specifically referenced as the same technology developed 3000 years ago (and 3000 years ago is a relevant number as that was when AZ created the ultimate weapon powered by the life force of Pokemon which we also know killed the Pokemon used). Hoenn at large just doesn't know what exactly Pokemon energy is. It's not outright said I don't believe that that's the case, but we do know as of the events of Delta Episode that through Zinnia's investigations she discovered there are still unethical activities involved in its creation. It could be the case that the process has been made less destructive but we know it's still bad so it doesn't much matter if it does or not, and Occam's razor would suggest that it hasn't changed if it wasn't said or implied.
>>
>>26787728
>Kalos's Infinite Energy was nauseating
>my grandfather think about other purpose for exactly the same energy
>>
>>26787771
>everyone on /vp/ i'm against is one person

There's multiple people in the thread critisizing Delta Episode but yeah, they're all me.

>Thing is, you didnt get it

You can only get DE if you liked it? Well this changes everything.
>>
>>26787777
Holy shit.

What lines of dialouge are you refering too? With the "unethical"activities
>>
>>26787748
>selfish people buying into a club,
Literally what Team Flare was though
>>
>>26787748
>GF didn't fucking make X and Y represent selfish people buying into a club
Dude, that's literally what it was.
There's even a Flare member that literally says the price of entry if I remember right.
Then there's this from Lysandre.
>"Even though resources, space, and energy on this planet are limited, the number of people and Pokémon has increased to an unsustainable level. Whether it's money or energy, the ones who steal are the ones who win in this world."
>>
>>26787573
>>26787799
>>
>>26787796
>There's multiple people in the thread critisizing Delta Episode but yeah
And none are presenting valid points.

>You can only get DE if you liked it?
I never said that, you're making shit up, but to criticize it, you need to get it, yeah. As with anything.
>>
>>26787773
>>26787530 is my only post on the DE in this thread. I have no idea what you and >>26787771 are talking about but it's pretty retarded to assume there's only a single person on 4chan that didnt like it.
>>
I have a better question: what does this have to do with anything? Zinnia is irrational, okay, we already knew that. No part of this serves a purpose whatsoever.
>>
>>26787812
Are you seriously taking the
>I-It's not me
Route?
>>
>>26787811
>retcon Mega evolution in ORAS
ORAS didnt exist before ORAS

> with a alternative timeline explanation.
It's another universe.

>>26787812
We never said you can't hate Zinnia or DE, but, again, you need to do so based on what they actually are.
>>
>>26787811
The retcon occurred by putting in sixth gen features to begin with. This was totally unnecessary.
>>
>>26787816
The infinity energy part?
The entire reason why she was opposed to the wormhole?
Because it was energy being extracted from pokemon?

I don't know.
>>
>>26787830
If they wanted to do that, it could've been done a lot easier. "You're killing pokemon, asshole!" There, no confusion whatsoever.
>>
>>26787822
Welp, this thread has lost me. I am now being called a shitposter for posts I didnt even read, much less write.

>>26787825
Yes. And that's what was my experience with it. I really dont see what's the issue.

Either way it's suddenly fallen on me to defend posts I didnt make for some reason, something something shitpost headcannon. Oh well, really.
>>
>>26787847
Yeah because anyone would take the word of one person over an entire company that powers the region.
>>
>>26787808
There is a tram Flare member that says it. I forget the number but it was there. It's pretty clear the Flare Grunts didn't know the full extent of Lysandre's metaphors. It's not like it's the first time they've pulled that. In fact I think every gen since, like 4 had Grunts that were unaware of the boss's actual goal.
>>
>>26787777
And after all that shit is done with, Devon just goes back to whatever the fuck they were doing before and nobody even bats an eye? Sorry but I find that hard to believe.
>>
>>26787416
CANON
>BW, BW2, XY, ORAS

NOT CANON
>RBY, RSE, FRLG, DPP, HGGSS
>>
>>26787847
Implying nintendo can be that straightforward about pokemon actively being killed.
>>
>>26787860
They did that anyway, it makes no difference.
>>
>>26787800
>>26787808
I mean that's all they are it's not a good story for being about bratty kids. Lysandre is just Cyrus 2.0 with his goals and no villains ever said, maybe we were wrong, or should we be doing this, or having a fucking personality

They have 5 admins and they only show up once (besides the guy with Emma) like each before postgame

Have an Elite 4 member and doesn't do shit

TDLR; Their shit
>>
>>26787867
>Devon just goes back to whatever the fuck they were doing before and nobody even bats an eye?
That's because barely anyone knows about infinity energy or that everyone else decided to keep it on the low in order to keep the region from crumbling.
>>
>>26787847
The problem with this is that infinite energy is the reason not only Devon is successful but Hoenn is thriving. You can't just stop that. The country literally runs on it. It's not that easy. This is a real life issue.
>>
>>26787869
It was supposed to be paraphrasing. Also, you don't remember X/Y. There is a very blatant mention of death.
>>
>>26787877
>They did that anyway
But they didn't anon. Only you listened to Zinnia.
>>
>>26787896
What does that image have to do with anything?
>>
>>26787830
So? It doesn't change the fact that she threw away a perfectly reasonable plan because it hurt her feelings and decided to go with a much riskier plan that only worked because the player was there.
>>
>>26787887
>>26787887
Depends on how you define blatant. I remember reading somewhere that the writers said they could have AZ say his Floette died, so he got "a tiny box." Team Flare saying they're going to be the only ones alive does equate them saying they're going to kill everyone. It's what they mean, obviously, but censor logic.
>>
>>26787896
How is Mega Evolution unnecessary? True, it's not something anyone can pull off, but that it happens is still a thing. It is born of a fundamental force in this world. Please, tell me.
>>
>>26787907
Making the world new again and making the your own world is pretty much the same thing
>>
>>26787879
It wasn't "about" Flare Grunts. They were just one aspect of the story, and a relatively unimportant one as well as with all Grunts who exist in seemingly endless numbers for the primary gameplay purpose of cannon fodder. Like BW's though they also characterize aspects of the story.
>Cyrus 2.0
The only similarity to Cyrus is if you are being really really vague and overgeneralizing , they both wanted to "blow up the world". But it wasn't that simple in either case.
>>
>>26787881
Or maybe over the years they perfected the method to the point it's barely any stressful for the creatures involved. Think about vampires, suck too much and the human dies, suck just a little and they barely notice it.
>>
File: image.jpg (178KB, 502x895px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178KB, 502x895px
>>26787811
100% this.

The parallel universe bullcrap spewed in Delta Episode was simply superfluous and was only brought up to justify mega evolution in ORAS.

Of course, it's superfluous because the presence of mega evolution is of relatively little importance from a narrative perspective and neither the children nor adults give a rat's ass about why or how the mechanic is present in a remake title. And unless gamefreak has a marked shift in their attitude to narrative, the status and order of the franchise 'timeline' is essentially irrelevant and will not be brought up again in future titles regardless. It's unlikely we'll be seeing another 'red gyarados' multiverse anchor.
>>
>>26787904
>decided to go with a much riskier plan that only worked because the player was there.
You mean a plan that the Draconids have been working on for at least 1000 years to the point where they figured out how to summon Ray with ease.
Over a plan that would have outed Devon and plunged the region into a dark age.
>>
>>26787925
They wanted to make a new world in their own perfect image.

Are you really saying Game Freak cared about X and Y though, really?
>>
File: timelines.png (66KB, 1223x684px) Image search: [Google]
timelines.png
66KB, 1223x684px
Does anyone disagree with this?
why/why not?
>>
>>26787933
If the player didn't have Fug's megastone with them Hoenn would just be ashes at this point.
>>
What do you care? We're just using these people to get pokemon, and then use said pokemon to blast the lot of them. None of this matters at all.
>>
>>26787904
Are you fucking with me right now? We have documents and XY illustrating the repercussions of utilizing infinite energy. She took issue with people abusing and possibly killing untold numbers of sentient monsters that are the partners of humanity. Even if you dont buy it, the gamea CLEARLY build a world where we are aupppsed to acxept Pokemon as equals and friends. The plan was reasonable in a pragmatic sense but Pokemon is fundamentally a good world where that naturally would have a conclusion where the least amount of bad things happen.
>>
>>26787949
GF seems to have sneaked into quite some cool stuff this time around.
>>
File: 1366500570398.jpg (69KB, 718x718px) Image search: [Google]
1366500570398.jpg
69KB, 718x718px
>>26787945
If prophecies are a real phenomenon in Pokemon, the player's presence isn't a coincidence.
>>
>>26787955
Have you ever heard of the greater good? If we didn't follow Zinnia and keep that meteorite Hoenn would have turned into ashes

Hell in RSE we get return for it. We literally could have thrown it away fucking the world
>>
>>26787961
>muh prophecies
Wow, of course the Zinniafag would think exactly like Zinnia.
>>
>>26787961
I thought it was just an Armageddon Prevention How-To rather than an actual prophecy.
>>
>>26787959
Cool!? It's caused nothing but a giant controversy that they're never going to resolve.

>>26787962
In a game about battling. Nice try, but you failed.
>>
>>26787934
Again that's a drastic oversimplification of the actual plan. The metaphor of a beautiful world is the whole core of the misunderstanding of what the Grunts were getting into. It's literally lampshades that he doesn't mean literally creating a world in their own beautiful image or whatever. Lysandre wanted to destroy Pokemon so they couldn't continue to be used as tools for bad things and a portion of the human population so that the remaining people wouldn't have to fight over resources.
>>
>>26787945
So you're saying that a plan that went off without a hitch was inherently risky because of one unforeseen circumstance.
As opposed to totally experimental tech that would have killed thousands of Pokemon, ruined the economy of Hoenn and possibly even destroyed the planet because it was never done on that scale before?
Cozmo's theories weren't even sound because he had to revise it partly through DE.
>"Well. We're not entirely sure, but... We do have a device that links the warp holes. We've named it the Link Cable. But there's no need to worry. Based on our theory, we can at least guarantee that we will be sending it away from our planet. However, we've realized that we will need more energy than originally anticipated to control the Link Cable properly... I'm sorry to ask this of you, but with one more Meteorite Shard..."
>>
>>26787939
They wanted to lead their own perfect world.

He was just using a god, to become one
>>
>>26787973
Prophecies are real famalam, the Western world is going to succumb to Islam in about 40 years and we can't do shit to stop that from happening.
>>
>>26787984
We "could" nuke them, but we aren't
>>
>>26787980
Yeah no, he didn't want to be the leader of the world as much as create a world of peace where everyone is equal.
But to do that he had to restart.

Essentially it was the Noah's ark of Pokemon.

Also Xerneas and Yveltal aren't gods.
>>
>>26787973
Awesome deflection.

>>26787974
Wasn't the mural Steven was staring at early in the game a prophecy about the meteor though?
>>
>>26787984
Oh, I see what's happening here. Fuck off back to >>>/pol/ where you belong.
>>
>>26787977
Oh, and I should also note that I don't believe the controversy was intentional. I don't know what they were attempting to do with this other than a reference. Fourth wall breaks are invalid. The end.
>>
>>26787979
I'm not saying it's worse or better or whatever, all I'm saying is that Zinnia didn't really have everything under control like some people here seem to believe.
>>
>>26787991
I was talking of Cyrus using the gods of time/space

I see we aren't going to agree, you need to realize people can disagree with you for valid reasons
>>
>>26787996
The only thing that gets you credits is battling.
>>
>>26788015
Being revered as deities doesn't mean they are deities.
Well, except for the gen 4 legends because they're quite literally gods.
>>
>>26787991
He's supposed to be Hitler anon.....
>>
>>26787995
>he doesn't trust gypsies
Enjoy your evil eye.
>>
>>26787992
All I did was give a stupid rebuttal an equally stupid response.
>>
File: 1365646785441.gif (1MB, 225x124px) Image search: [Google]
1365646785441.gif
1MB, 225x124px
>>26787990
Because radioactive fallout being blown all over the earth is everyone's favorite thing
>>
>>26788026
Hitler wanted to kill the Jews because he thought they were evil.
Lysandre wanted to kill Pokemon and people for the sake of the survivors.
>>
In all honesty they should have gone all the way and allowed Zinnia to be the one to save the world, with you cheering for her.

Or they should have gone the other way and have Delta episode be about Zinnia training you and preparing you for the encounter with Rayquaza and saving the world for a second time.

As it stands right now they tried to pull from both ends and it's one of the major factors in why Delta Episode is so poorly concieved.
>>
>>26788033
Not if we only Target Mecca
>>
>>26787992
The meteor is Delta-shaped so I thought it was meant to represent MegaFug.
>>
Anyone remember Gay "I'll make everyone release their Pokemon so WE'LL be the only ones with Pokemon and then I'LL rule the world!" Cheese?
>>
>>26788038
Yeah for the greater good, he was ridding the world of evil
>>
>>26788041
>As it stands right now they tried to pull from both ends
That would imply that everyone went with Zinnia and she also trained the protag.

It was an entirely different end anon.
>>
>/pol/fags
>Richard
>Delta episode defenders
Possibly the most cancerous thread on /vp/ right now tbphfam
>>
>>26787990
You would essentially fuck up the whole Mediterranean defeating the whole point. Also MAD.
>>
>>26788025
If it was that important, they should've made it trigger some kind of real ending or something, but no, it doesn't. You didn't even really get anything for doing it until the 5th gen. Your prize? You get to catch more pokemon! No. Just no.
>>
File: pepsiwarp.gif (1MB, 350x272px) Image search: [Google]
pepsiwarp.gif
1MB, 350x272px
>>26788042
Yeah, it's not like the fucking weather can blow radioactive particles everywhere.
>>
>>26788049
Well they actually did shit so they get a pass in my book.
>>
>>26788058
>to Europe/Africa/Russia/China
>>
>>26788049
Fuck off Dennis is based as fuck.
>>
>>26788066
Where they would retaliate and nuke the fuck out of America.
>>
>>26788056
And yes, I know. Fuck you.
>>
>>26787855
>Yes. And that's what was my experience with it. I really dont see what's the issue.
You liking or hating DE doesnt amount to anything on this discussion.
>>
>>26788031
Please explain how the dragon clan knowing for thousands of years where and when a meteor will strike, and then being right, is anything but a prophecy.
>>
>>26788060
His plan was literally something a 12 year old would do. "I'll do it if you do it... Psyche!"
>At least they did something
I'm pretty sure every evil team "does something" in the same capacity except maybe TR in Gen 1.
>>
>>26787868
If ORAS is canon then RSE has to be you retard.

And FRLG, DPP and HGSS are canon too.
>>
>>26788069
Not if we kill them all first!

Seriously it was a joke, stop responding to b8
>>
>>26787885
But you said timeline not reality.
>>
>>26788082
Anon, too many people where I live say that shit and actually mean it.
>>
>>26788069
>>26788082
>lategameCivV.jpeg
>>
>>26787931
It wasnt to justify mega evolution, it was a nod to RSE.
One of the biggest differences between both universes is the presence of Mega Evolution.
>>
>>26788075
Actual defeating the league champion before you and earning the respect of a legendary is pretty chill

Everyone else happens to find the legendary
>>
>>26788030
I never said I didn't. I just want you to go back to your containment board.
>>
>>26788075
>His plan was literally something a 12 year old would do. "I'll do it if you do it... Psyche!"
Well no shit it's going to sound that way if you remove the important parts of the story you retard.

That's like saying God of War is just
>he's angry and kills things
>>
>>26787942
Anon, we're not discussing timelines here.
>>
>>26788088
Seriously? Jesus chris. I just like shitposting
>>
>>26788082
I'm 100% confident many rednecks actually believe nukes can solve any problem.
>>
>>26788054
>Delta episode defenders
Literally nothing wrong with wanting people to actually judge the games based on the games.

And as long as an anime general is present, this can't be the most cancerous thread on /vp//
>>
>>26788097
I've never even been there senpai.
>>
>>26788096
OK I'll admit defeating the champion and throwing a wrench into the usual end game of Pokemon was great, but pretty much every other team does actually complete or nearly complete their plans save for maybe Cyrus. Flare comes close but you have the climax with the ultimate weapon even past the legendary so.
>>
>>26788054
>>Delta episode defenders
No one is really defending it so much as pointing out the people who didn't even play the thing to make a valid opinion on it.
>>
>>26788105
>>26788109
I live in Missouri, can confirm redneck logic.
>>
>>26788111
Trips of Truth

I think you guys GF too much credit though. The games were rushed
>>
>>26788111
>>26788123
you don't have to eat shit to know how bad it tastes
>>
>>26788119
As far as success goes its
Plasma/Neo Plasma > Flare > Magma/Aqua >= Galactic.
>>
>>26788133
At least you admit you're talking about shit you have no clue about.
>>
>>26788099
Ita almost like oversimplifying things doesn't actually tell you the whole story. Though in this instance it kind of does since his plan was literally just to become ruler of Unova and everything else was the means to the goal. Kratos has motivations and an end game beyond "get angry and kill things".
>>
I don't think anyone really cares about what was said here one way or another.
>>
File: t. pamperchu.png (230KB, 350x408px) Image search: [Google]
t. pamperchu.png
230KB, 350x408px
>>26788133
If you ate it you'd know it actually taste pretty good.
>>
>>26788133
Unfortunately this isn't physical shit but a story.
You actually have to read/watch/play etc. it to have a valid opinion on the matter.
>>
>>26788154
People sometimes just like talking for the sake of it.
>>
>>26788160
But you didnt say "reality" nor dimension" you said ""timeline" which is a different thing. And they can't only be used interchangeably if the franchise doesnt feature time travel.

Pokemon does so no.
>>
>>26788152
Doesn't work both ways anon, you can't just remove the motivators for one and say they don't matter and say motivators for the other do.
>>
>>26788119
They just find the ultimate weapon underground. If they built it, it would be pretty cool

Galactic did build those bombs though. But then had you release the pixies only to have them stop the stop Dialga/Palkia
>>
>>26788169
There's a series of games in Pokemon that literally uses a time legendary and a dimension legendary interchangabley.
>>
>>26788161
Not him, I did and I do my best to like stuff in every game. On my replay it really left a bad taste in my mouth
>>
>>26788172
Faking out people to rule the region isn't a motivation, it's the goal
>>
>>26787423
It is just a retcon to include Mega Evolution in further games on the timeline without having to make up bullshit excuses as to why they're not in the other games.
>>
>>26788192
See you can have that.
You played it and didn't like it.
You can discuss why.

People who don't know shit about it can't.
>>
>>26788198
Which is a retcon they've done before with no issue on how it affected past games.
>>
>>26788198
These are literally grade A bullshit excuses though.
>>
>>26788197
Where did I say that was the motivator?
>>
>>26788179
What I mean is even when you beat the legendary, he still went on to try and use the ultimate weapon. When you deal with Dialga/Palkia Cyrus is like "well okay but I'm not finished yet" and walks away and just gets stuck in the Distortion World in Platinum.
>>
>>26788224
I don't know?Your point doesn't make much sense if that's what you were saying. The initial criticism was that Ghetsis's goal was pretty stupid and two dimensional and then someone criticized that that didn't make sense since it's like saying Kratos was just about going around and killing people being angry. But the comparison doesn't work because there was a reason WHY he went around being angry and killing things. It'd be more like saying oversimplifying GOW was a revenge story and... well, yeah, that's what it was and why it was so resonant among a wide audience.
>>
>>26788161
No thanks, you can smell how bad delta episode is without having to subject yourself to the torture of playing it.

Next you'll say 'How can you call Twllight bad if you've never even read it?'
>>
>>26788169
Time and space are interconnected.
>>
Guys. Any long enough running canon will have continuity problems. That's just normal.
>>
>>26788201
Zinnia is just a punk trying to tell everyone she knows what going to happen, then doesn't

She's like a student whose apart of a group project telling everyone we can have fun and makes them do nothing, because she has her sister's old one or something. Then at 11 the night before it's due she starts telling you she can't use it at all, then you have to bail her out and just says she's sorry to you only and you probably left debris (everywhere from the meteor) getting like a C, when you could have done some stupid pointless work for an A. And you never see her again
>>
File: file.png (168KB, 456x456px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
168KB, 456x456px
Mega Magiarna (NieR: Automata)
>>
>>26788247
>No thanks, you can smell how bad delta episode is without having to subject yourself to the torture of playing it.
You literally can't, this is a story. There's no smell or taste or anything to a story, you have to experience it to validate your opinion.

>Next you'll say 'How can you call Twllight bad if you've never even read it?'
What a dated meme. In any case it's true, you can't say it's bad without reading it.
>>
>>26788185
>dimension legendary
But they are different legendaries you retard.
By your logic, time and space are also the same (on pokemon's classical interpretation) since Dialga and Palkia are counterparts.

Or earth and sea are the same.
Or life and death are the same.
Or truth and ideas are the same.

They arent.

>>26788198
It's not a retcon anon, they didnt change shit from past games. It just establishes that ORAS and RSE are in different universes which doesnt contradict anything from before since ORAS wasn't a thing before ORAS.

Maybe if ORAS replaced RSE which it clearly doesnt.
>>
>>26788265
>Then at 11 the night before it's due she starts telling you she can't use it at all
Thing is, she could the problem was that Ray didn't have the energy. At that point the protag came out with the mcguffin rock.
>>
>>26788241
Are you just gonna repeat the same bullshit handwaving my arguments arent you?

>>26788249
On a modern interpretation yeah. Pokemon is not really a physics paper, it goes on classic intuitive interpretation.
>>
>>26788286
I didn't say they were the same and in fact the post implied that they weren't. The point was that the story didn't give enough of a shit to pedantically make a differentiation in a story because it doesn't matter.
>>
File: 1431213085859.jpg (108KB, 456x549px) Image search: [Google]
1431213085859.jpg
108KB, 456x549px
>rayquaza was the first pokemon to mega evolve lmao
>and with his fantastic powers he destroyed a meteorite long time ago !
>>
>>26788253
This isnt a continuity problem though, people just invented one.
>>
>>26788301
>>and with his fantastic powers he destroyed a meteorite long time ago !
Dude, if you're going to shitpost at least shitpost with things that happened.
>>
>>26788299
>I didn't say they were the same and in fact the post implied that they weren't.
So I'm right?

>he point was that the story didn't give enough of a shit to pedantically make a differentiation in a story because it doesn't matter.
DE didn't. Doesnt mean HGSS's time travel wasnt a thing anon. Use the proper terminology.
>>
>I need to be told why a 6th gen game is using 6th gen mechanics

Even children can understand this principle, even if they're as autistic as you.
>>
>>26788309
DE didn't and DP didn't.
>>
>>26788310
It's not.

>>26788312
>>I need to be told why a 6th gen game is using 6th gen mechanics
That's not the point of the quote though.

>>26788313
So?
>>
Well I'm going to grab something to eat, have fun everyone.
>>
>>26787468
Yet, she's my pokemon waifu. She's just too perfect~
>>
>>26788291
Yeah. That's what I said, her sister's project couldn't be used like M-Fug
>>
>>26788317
So... Why are the fuck are you arguing semantics when we have at least 2 specific examples ignoring all the fucked up Pokedex entries there probably are that the exact differentiation doesn't matter in the games? No one cares that you're smart enough to know the difference, least of all the devs and games themselves.
>>
File: Arnold sandwich.gif (3MB, 257x212px) Image search: [Google]
Arnold sandwich.gif
3MB, 257x212px
>>26787373
>it's a "people waste hours arguing about semantics" episode
>>
There was once a time when this fandom would just accept that the way the current gen portrays the pokeworld is the way it's always been. All previous incarnations are invalid. Everything that is present in the current gen is what is true now, the end.
>>
>>26788346
Oh, and any argument on the matter makes this now a Capumon thread.
>>
>>26788346
That was before the game confirmed the existence of parallel universes which throws all of the previous ideas of canon out of the window.
>>
>>26788328
So you move through time when using the pad?

>>26788333
You just posted examples of people mentioning dimensions, not timelines. That doesnt prove shit.

>>26788346
Pokefags have been delusional since the beggining anon. Didnt you read that shipping article in bulbapedia?
>>
>>26788357
>You just posted examples of people mentioning dimensions, not timelines. That doesnt prove shit.
THERE IS
LITERALLY
A GAME
WHERE A MAN USES EITHER A TIME LEGENDARY
OR A SPACE/DIMENSION LEGENDARY
TO DO THE EXACT SAME THING]
WITH NO ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF THE TECHNICAL DIFFERENCES
>>
File: capsule-monsters-pokemon-beta-8.jpg (113KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
capsule-monsters-pokemon-beta-8.jpg
113KB, 800x450px
Then you're arguing about nothing because now this is Capumon and it doesn't exist.
>>
>>26788374
FIlename says Pokemon and picture clearly shows a Rhydon. Checkmate atheists
>>
>>26788356
No, they were confirmed in Gen 4 and 5.
>>
>>26788367
Because controlling time and dimensions are both op anon.
Dialga and giratina are different mons anon, that should tell you something.
>>
>>26788395
But he could use a time pokemon or a space pokemon to create a new universe. he didn't need both, they were used interchangeably.
>>
>>26788428
Yes, you can achieve the same goal with different methods.
>>
>>26788439
And if the Pokemon games cared about the specifics of what makes time and space different, that wouldn't be the case in the context... do you follow me here? Have we broken it down enough?
>>
>>26788455
Yes. Motion is totally dependent on the passage of time. That's basic physics.
>>
>>26788453
If they didnt, they wouldnt make a trio of mons represeting the same thing.

>>26788455
If you repeat it enough, it will be true!

>>26788463
On classical intepretation, yeah, which is the one i'm arguing pokemon has.
>>
>>26788455
Yes, they are used in that fashion, but it's often by people who don't know what the definition of dimension is.
>>
I will not argue pokemon is stupid. I don't think anyone would.
>>
It's not overcomplicated, just dumb and unnecessary. Especially with how they introduced the notion.

The people who want Pokemon to have a serious plot or timeline are a blight on the series.
>>
>>26788526
Giratina and dialga.
Also, why didnt people make a fuss about muh multiverse with hgss time travel?
>>
>>26788541
Is this a new meme?

That pic also mentiin time and space as part of the distortion world, not the distortion world, so it proves me right. Thanks.
>>
>>26788563
Because that didn't change a thing.
>>
>>26788615
And this did.
Because they're different.
>>
>>26788629
>Because they're different.
Eh, not exactly.
And you literally don't change anything in HG/SS as in you just watch events unfold.
>>
File: Sapphire_Adventures.png (50KB, 200x211px) Image search: [Google]
Sapphire_Adventures.png
50KB, 200x211px
Are you telling me that the strongest™ isn't canon?
>>
>>26788654
Not to the games
>>
>>26787373
The parallel universe is an excuse to please the fans of the original while they preform the same short of retcon they done for FRLG and HGSS.

They even explore parallel universes between different versions in BW/BW2.
>>
>>26788769
It's not a retcon if they don't actually retcon anything anon.
>>
>>26788783
Retcon is a remake, so what they said is that ORAS is just a Remake of the Originals and nothing more. What Dragon bitch is saying not only panders to the players of the originals, it also pretty much giving a what if scenario: basically, why you need technology when you got Mega Evolution.
>>
>>26787811
>You will never play another game that takes place in a universe where mawile and sableye get natural evolutions
>>
>>26788819
It still doesn't retcon anything from the previous games as it establishes them as their own separate canons you idiot.
>>
>>26789019
So what you're saying that the only retcon is HGSS and FRLG since None of the pokemon from the original can be transfer over to 3gen and beyond.
>>
So wait, where do each of the games land on the new timeline? Are the remakes of Red and Green on a different timeline than Ruby and Sapphire?
>>
>>26789045
Exactly.
>>
>>26789059
.....So what >OP said is bullshit.
>>
>>26789054
We really don't know. We can make assumptions (right now the most common and the one I believe is that all previous games are one timeline with remakes "replacing" the previous game whereas XY and ORAS are their own) but nothing besides ORAS being a seperate dimension from RS is certain. And even that has some level of extrapolation.
>>
>>26789054
Okay

>Non Mega
FRLG/RSE > HGSS/DPPt > BW > BW2

>Mega
Kanto counterpart/ORAS > Johto and Sinnoh counterpart > Unova counterpart > Unova 2 counterpart > XY
>>
And now it doesn't matter because soon all games but G/S/C will be able to transfer to one game, and it may only be a matter of time before they are also included. Does it matter? Are there multiple Mewtwos? Were we ever told the truth to begin with? The pokemon world has no definition.
>>
>>26789095
>The pokemon world has no definition.
Just because you deny them doesn't mean it doesn't.

Also trading and transferring always worked as a way of time/space travel. Hell it was literally a time capsule in Gen 2.
>>
>>26789102
No. If nothing is ever going to matter, why even bother? You're going to be the one to choose which reality is real, when all and none of them are? I suppose such is the limitation of our perspective, but there's a funny thing about that. Your perspective is not mine, or anyone else's. It is yours alone, and therefore, it means nothing to me.
>>
>>26789131
So in other words you're still going to deny what's given to you and say it doesn't matter.
That's like saying the sky is magenta and saying it doesn't matter when someone corrects you.
>>
>>26789165
Why? The answer is going to change anyway.
>>
It pisses me off to no end when people argue this shit. When you do your own playthrough, and your buddy does his, are they not separate realities? There are 3 general timelines:

>the original Gen 1 and 2 games (Colors)
>Gen 3, 4 and 5 games and remakes (Gems)
>timeline when ORAS and XY take place (Mega)

It can be assumed that the events in Gems occur in the Megaverse as well, only with Fairies and megas and other new garbage not yet seen until they're remade in future gens. How is this difficult to get?
>>
>>26789202
Gens 1 and 2 have been retconned out of existence you idiot.
>>
File: STSUNS001Magenta_Sky.jpg (50KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
STSUNS001Magenta_Sky.jpg
50KB, 1024x768px
>>26789165
Also...
>>
>>26789238
Then how will we be able to transfer our guys from the Gen1 VC to Gen7, Mr. Smart Guy?
>>
>>26789286
You realise compatibility doesn't determine canonicity right? Especially if you're pseudo compatibility.
>>
>>26789286
They most likely gave Pokebank the functionality to convert 1-2 gen pokemon to 7/6.5+ gen Pokemon for Sun/Moon.
>>
>>26789076
>>26789202
Why do the people who do this ignore the XY director putting XY and BW2 together

>>26788769
Pretty much this
>>
>>26789446
Well not the director, but someone who worked on it. Their statements are obviously more canon than all of them
>>
>>26787420
>I hate fun and speculation
>>
>>26789374
>6.5

Stop.
>>
>>26787616
Where is it stated that Black and White happen in different universes?

If anything White is the canon version because N gets Zekrom, who represents ideals, which goes along with N wanting to create his ideal world, and the player gets Reshiram who represents truth, to go along with showing N the truth.
>>
>>26789600
>White
>N with Zekrom
Play the games anon.

Also the point of black and white was to show that truths and ideals are one and the same because N thought his ideals were true when they were manufactured by Ghetsis.
>>
>>26787697
Definitely. Gen 4 and 5 struggled to get there, but they were missing the continuity between the main games and remakes that we're getting now. This is unprecedented.

>>26787703
xD
>>
>>26788725
>>26788834
Proving my point further.
A different timeline doesnt have different physics laws.

>>26788641
>Eh, not exactly.
So, no point here.

>>26789019
>separate canons
It's separated universes, not canons, RSE is still canon.

>>26789054
>>26787616
The timelines arent touched, it's the universe composition.
>>
>>26789951
This entire post doesn't add anything to your argument.
>>
>>26789202
>There are 3 general timelines
We're not debating timelines.

>the original Gen 1 and 2 games (Colors)
Never stated to be canon.
>Gen 3, 4 and 5 games and remakes (Gems)
There's a literal statement by a person working on GF that XY is with the rest.
>timeline when ORAS and XY take place (Mega)
No statement on whether FRLG, DPPT and HGSS did nor not happen here.

>>26789076
>counterpart
Where can I guy those games?
>>
>This entire thread
but first let's talk about parallel universes
>>
>>26789963
To which of the many?
>>
>>26789974
>No statement on whether FRLG, DPPT and HGSS did nor not happen here.
You do realise that ORAS and XY both make reference to those games right?
>>
>>26789998
Some people like to pull the "counterpart" bullshit for those, so I dont usually mention them.
>>
>>26787962
(you)
>>
>People not realizing that every player's save file is its own universe of events
>>
>>26787440
>better

It completely failed until they threw a deus ex machina out by having Rayquaza react to the player, which wasn't remotely part of her plan. If you weren't railroaded into believing a mentally insane woman in the Delta Episode everyone would have died.
>>
>>26790198
>deus ex machina
Both you and Rayquaza are right there, how's that a DEM?
>>
>>26788097
>this shitty b8
/vp/ is the containment board retard, for us pokecucks. /pol/ is the bigger board.
>>
>>26790198
That was literally the only point it failed anon she had successfully summoned Rayquaza after all while the entire worm hole was hypothetical on that scale.

Also she tells you to hold on to the Meteorite.
>>
>SM seems to be hinting that "life" "spirit" and "energy" are going to be a theme in the games overall story
I feel like we're eventually going to get a story centered around the Infinity Energy and Team E from the ORAS lore.

Especially with the inclusion of Mega's and the Energy from that they use. And if this is actually touched upon in the anime in regards to Syncro being the key to saving everyone against the Mega Energy things could get pretty fucking interesting.

Team E is endgame.

I want it.
>>
>>26791329
>Team E
>Eclipse
>Sun, Moon, Eclipse

hold the fucking phone Sherlock, we're on to something here!
Thread posts: 304
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.