[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm playing pic related and just cleared Team Rocket's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: Pokémon_box_art_-_Red_Version.png (139KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon_box_art_-_Red_Version.png
139KB, 250x251px
I'm playing pic related and just cleared Team Rocket's hideout and am about to face Koga and catch some shit in the Safari Zone. My current team is:

Charizard
Raichu
Dugtrio
Arbok

What other mons should I catch to help round out my team? I want a slot for lapras for my surf poke and to have an ice type for taking on Lance's Dragonites when I get there, so what sixth member should I look into? None of the Safari Zone pokes look particularly appealing, and I have no way to get trade evolutions or version exclusives short of the ditto glitch.

Also, /whatareyouplaying/ general I guess since my stupid question doesn't really deserve its own thread.
>>
Chansey.
>>
>be this current year
>not using Exeggutor
>>
>>26782230
Dodrio
If you aren't opposed to legends, Zapdos
>>
File: Hypno bar.jpg (893KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Hypno bar.jpg
893KB, 1280x1280px
>>26782230
No fighting type? Also charizard can't learn fly in red or blue. That's yellow only. Dodrio, maybe? You could also just swap dugtrio and arbok for a nidoqueen: poison, ground and the ability to learn ice beam!

Just beat Giovanni in yellow. Going to safari zone in hopes of snagging a decent bug soon. Roomie is fixated on both psychic types and battling me. -.- Freaking hypno needs to die.

> Current team:
Nidoqueen
Raticate
Gyrados
Charmeleon
Pikachu
Vileplume (will replace).
>>
>>26782265
>>26782280
>>26782292
yeah, but what are the merits for each of these? I should also mention that I don't want to use any pokemon that require TMs to be good since I'm thinking about building a comp team for fun after I beat the game.
>>
>>26782308
> Beat the game

HMs are multi-use so fly, rock smash, surf, ect can be learned on muliple mons.

Dodrio is fast and learns fly. Fly is competitive in G1. Exeggutor has good defense and can survive Alakazaam abuse. Chansey is... seriously? Chansey in G1? GTFO. Already talked up my girl, nidoqueen, but Nidoking is nice if you prefer physical attacks.
>>
>>26782308
He is a motherfucking Exeggutor.
What more merit does he need?
>>
>>26782338
Dodrio sounds good since I didn't know that Charizard couldn't fly. I'll probably hold off on Exeggutor until I'm building a competitive team.
>>
>>26782299
>Going to safari zone in hopes of snagging a decent bug soon. Roomie is fixated on both psychic types and battling me
Sad to say, but bug types in gen 1 had no real way on taking on psychics due to either having no bug moves or not having good enough stats to make good use of them. The best way to deal with them is by using fast physical attackers such as Tauros. If it's just a Hypno and not something like Alakazam you're dealing with, though, you might be able to have Beedrill defeat it with Twineedle. It's part Poison, though, so it probably won't survive a Psychic.
>>
>>26782308
You need a flyer and Dodrio is the best Normal/Flying type. You can also dick around with Tri Attack.
>>
Serious question: Did they fix the glitch where ghost isn't SE on psychic for the VC release or is it a direct port?
>>
>>26782396
the mew glitch is still intact so I want to say no
>>
File: Alakazaam psychadellic.jpg (402KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Alakazaam psychadellic.jpg
402KB, 1280x1280px
>>26782385
My roomie has Hypno, Alakazaam and sometimes drags out Mr Mime as well. When I said psychic-obsessed, I meant it.

I was shooting for the resistance to psychic which is why I thought something beefy like a pinsir that can hit hard and has enough HP to survive a few blasts while going second. Executor was my second choice for similar reasons, though the many weaknesses have me leery. I didn't think of Tauros, though. If I can find some, I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
>>
>>26782425
>alakazaam psychadellic.jpg
>literally an image of Kadabra
>>
>>26782396
Nah, they didn't to anything to the game other than replace link cables with wireless.
>>
>>26782299
>>26782425
Give up. Psychic are the kings of 1st Gen.
>>
>>26782425
Try Slowbro. It doesn't have as many weaknesses and can use Amnesia.
>>
File: glasses-guy-annoyed-face.png (154KB, 672x372px) Image search: [Google]
glasses-guy-annoyed-face.png
154KB, 672x372px
>>26782230
>not playing Yellow
>being a red&blue cuck

why?
>>
>>26782230
Vaporeon is god tier and it can learn Ice Beam.

Vileplume has higher special attack than Victreebel, so it's a good addition too. A good moveset for it could be: Toxic, Solarbeam, Razor Leaf, Stun Spore? Maybe Body Slam instead of Stun Spore?

Magneton is pretty decent too. Amazing special attack. It's a personal favorite. You need to teach it Thunderbolt...but you already have an electric type.

Lapras is also god tier, with dual ice / water typing and can learn Ice Beam as well.

Dragonite is a great addition to any team of course, but that is just a pain in the fing ass to train up, especially as late in the game as you are.

Exeggutor. Can learn Psychic and provide grass coverage. Also bulky with a good special.

Dodrio is the best non-legendary flying type in the game. Slap Tri Attack and Fly on that bitch and it will be a great addition.

Nidoking / Nidoqueen. Earthquake. nuff said. but seriously, can also learn many special moves. Pretty bulky.

Alakazam / Gengar are absolutely god tier. buuutttt unless you patched the game, or have a friend to trade with, you won't be able to access them. Of course, Haunter / Kadabra are pretty amazing by themselves.

I see you already have Charizard, but otherwise I wouldn't even bother with Fire types in this gen. Ninetales and Rapidash are mediocre, Magmar kind of sucks, and using Moltres feels like cheating. Arcanine is pretty decent I guess.
>>
File: 1440207539691.jpg (120KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1440207539691.jpg
120KB, 1440x810px
>>26788010
>not buying both so you can use version exclusive glitches
To shame anon.
>>
Dodrio is the best non-legend flying type.
Amnesia Snorlax is godly.
Slowbro is god tier too.
Jynx is GOAT with both STAB blizzard and psychic.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.