[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vp/, I'm thinkin' about getting a second 3ds (probably

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

Hey /vp/, I'm thinkin' about getting a second 3ds (probably 2ds since it's cheaper) so I can trade Pokemon to myself for evolution or held items, etc.

I was wondering if any of you had done the same, and what your opinion on the matter is.
>>
It's fucking autistic.
>>
Pokemon bank. I've done this and it is really convinient.
>>
I got one a few moths ago and it has come in handy. I traded a load of items from AS to Y so that I could restart it and not have to worry about hunting down the mega stones again post game. I've gotten more use out of it after that as I've used it for soft resetting legendaries and friends safaris while doing he same on my other 3DS.
>>
>>26761735
Pokemon don't evolve through pokebank (trade to evolve, like Machoke), and held items are deleted.
>>
1. Put shitmon on GTS, ask for pokemon you want to evolve or trade over
2. Switch to other game, find your trade on the GTS, deposit it
3. Switch back to first game and go to the GTS. The pokemon will evolve or you will now have the item.

Granted, if you want megastones, you are SOL. But this works in most cases. And if you always put the shitmon up first, anyone sniping your trade is really just doing you a favor.
>>
>>26761700
I bought a 2DS because my 3DS is starting to break and i do not regret it.
I mainly use my 3DS now a days for friend safaris and traveling to and from places and keep my 2DS at home.

My suggestion is that you go to a store and ask to try it first so you can see if you like the feel of it, the circle pad and triggers feel different from the 3DS.
>>
>>26761773
Huh, that's a good idea. Guess I'll try that.
Seems time consuming though.
>>
>spending money when you can get people on /vp/ to trade you Pokemon for free

Why, OP? Are you loaded? Can I have some cash?
>>
>>26761812
It is a bit time-consuming. But it's free
>>
>Being this autistic
Get some friends for fuck's sake
>>
>>26761700
>Op is solowolf.

honors buddy. picking up a 2ds myself before i get my hands on moon.
>>
>>26761891
Humans can't be there for your convenience 24/7 now can they?
>>
>>26761915
Not that anon, but seriously, buying a separate Gameboy for yourself back in the day to catch 'em all was autistic, but acceptable. Buying a separate 3DS in this day and age when you can trade over the internet is just stupid and wasteful. Humans won't be there for you 24/7, but someone, somewhere is on the Internet and playing Pokemon at all times, and many of them are willing to trade.
>>
>>26761915
Just ask on the gts general or something, is not fucking hard.
>>
>>26761932
Or wifi general. /gtsg/ is pretty much dead.
>>
>>26761926
>>26761932
For dex completion sure, but OP mentioned trade evolutions and trading over items. I don't think it's worth it myself, just saying that friends won't really help that.
>>
Literally just use the GTS, I've done this myself and it works well. I restarted my Pokémon X 3 weeks ago, and my Pokedex is sitting at around 520 without Pokebank, even though I've spent like 30 hours or more breeding. Please don't be autistic.
>>
>>26761700
Just pirate your first one, or get a powersave.
>>
I have two 3DS an original and N3DS.

Beyond the very slight convenience of not having to rely on /wfg/, friends who play casually, or other sites... I don't see a need to have two systems.

2DS is cheap as fuck though, OP. If you are that serious about wanting to do it on you own and have the extra pocket money, do it.
>>
Honestly, I don't think I have ever used my old 2011 3DS after I upgraded to the New 3DS XL. I just use the GTS for trade evos
>>
>>26761700
it's cheaper to get a second game and use the gts to trade between the two
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.