[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>opponent sends out a bronzong >I instantly know if his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: 1466047523871.jpg (70KB, 605x431px) Image search: [Google]
1466047523871.jpg
70KB, 605x431px
>opponent sends out a bronzong
>I instantly know if his ability is heatproof or levitate

THANK YOU BASED GAMEFREAK

#FORTHEPLAYERS
>>
>>26757914
Except we literally have no clue how abilities are going to affect the type effectiveness hint if at all
>>
You realize this is type effectiveness and not abilitywise
>>
Fire moves still say "it was super effective" regardless of it being heatproof
>>
>>26757914
>Use Fire Blast against a Bronzong with Heatproof
>It's Super Effective!
>Use Thousand Arrows against Bronzong with Levitate
>It's Super Effective!
>>
>>26757914
Who would run Heatproof over Levitate?
>>
>>26757952
Children.

That's who these games are for, right? :^)
>>
>>26757914
This only works after you face the pokemon once. If the pokemon has a different ability who knows what will happen.
>>
>>26757914
>Go Gengar!
>Hurr, my typing chart says eartquake is super effective against poison!
>Mega-Khanga used Eartquake!
>Levitate
>It doesn't affects Gengar...
>Gengar used focus blast!

I am pretty sure it will end up something like that. If not, I am not completely sure this will be a feature on online play.
>>
>>26757965
One would think so with all of this hand-holding
>>
>>26757914
Steel is weak to fire and ground no matter what retard, it only show type effectiveness.
>>
>>26757952
People who knows everyone assumes it's levitate anyway.
>>
File: you're.jpg (8KB, 346x201px) Image search: [Google]
you're.jpg
8KB, 346x201px
>>26757979
>feature IN online play
>>
>>26758125
if you think about it, it would be almost counterproductive and complained upon, because they would be giving out missinformation.

I think either they'll make a note out of it, or indeed it will tell you the abilities,
>>
>>26757914

It's not gonna tell you about abilities.

Abilities like thick fat still register it as a super effective hit even though it does half damage.
>>
>>26757952

Pimpnite
>>
>>26757979

You're retarded. The point is to make it easier for the little fucks, not trick them. I'm sure if a Pokemon has levitate, it will say 'No Effect' or something similar.
>>
File: 1465357454888.jpg (54KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1465357454888.jpg
54KB, 500x375px
I'm just glad we can double check your opponent's and your own pokemon stat gains and debuffs during battle.
I couldn't give a shit if the game told me something I already knew like type matchups,
>>
>people get mad over this
this is literally the same thing as tattle from paper mario or a scan ability from like any other RPG except its automatic after an encounter. as long as the game doesnt have fucking terrible level scaling to the point where its a joke to play like in ORAS or XY, ill take -this- as an "easy mode" casual feature any day of the fucking week
>>
>>26757914
>Implying that feature is in multiplayer battles

Pls no
>>
>>26758344
>I'm sure
you are talking out your ass. theoryqueen.
>>
>>26757914
I think OP forgot that abilities don't effect the "Effectiveness" of a move. Only the damage modifier.

Case in point: Use an Ice or Fire type attack against a Mega Venasaur. Despite the damage being reduced thanks to Thick Fat, the move will still read out as "Super Effective." It also works when using Fire Type attacks against a Thick Fat Mamoswine. The attacks are still "Super Effective" despite the reduction in damage.

My apologies for repeating myself, but repetition is good for a developing brain such as OP's.
>>
>>26758632
Not even after an encounter, didn't they say you had to use the move on it first?
>>
>>26758344
Literally won't happen and no point. When you use earthquake on a levitating pokemon the ability becomes revealed. Also, like the bonus from amie, this probably won't be available for online play.
>>
>>26758800
That's an easy one but how about abilities like Flash Fire or Dry Skin?
The game cannot lie to kids, saying their move will be super effective/effective, and then display the ability's message as an afterthought basically saying "You know what? Your move won't do sqat after all, sorry, lol"
That simply cannot happen.
>>
>>26758904
>The game cannot lie to kids
it has before. stop talking out your ass. you really are going full optimism. good on you.
>>
>>26758913
What the fuck you on about?
I don't even want the stupid thing, I hate it.
I'm just saying that logic dictates that if they're going full hand-holding, they will inform you (or the kids, because that's where it's aimed) about those special abilities.

What I really want is to be able to turn the damn thing off. I like a clean interface.
>>
>>26757914
Probably just judges move type against Pokemon type and ignores abilities.
>>
>>26757914
>see eq is super effective
>use eq
>(bronzong's levitate!) it doesnt effect bronzong..
>"oh ok it has an ability that makes it immune to ground ill keep that in mind"
>issue literally never happens again
>>
>>26757914
Posting again the same.,

PLEASE MODS.
>>
More than likely it will show as super effective until you use a ground move and find out it has levitate, then it will show as not effective
>>
ITT: Denialfags at their finest
>No, it will not work on abilities, because GF would never allow that and i'm pulling this out of my ass
>>
>>26757914

I'm oh ok with that.
>>
>>26757914
>opponent sends Bronzong
>Tackle (Not very effective)
>Flamethrower (Super effective?)
>Earthquake (Super effective?)
>Shadow Ball (Super effective)

I hope that happens.
>>
File: 1438288837478.jpg (11KB, 265x297px) Image search: [Google]
1438288837478.jpg
11KB, 265x297px
>>26757914

>mfw it seems through Illusion

And there's the final nail in poor Zoroark's coffin
>>
>>26758904
But it doesn't lie to kids.
The move IS supereffective. It's just that it's hindered by the ability later.
>>
>>26760406
I can see it keeping track of stuff like that for you.
Once you discover it has a move negating ability, it will take a note of that and start telling you those moves won't work and remember that fact for the rest of the battle.
>>
>>26760071
>No, it will work on abilities, because GF would allow that and i'm pulling this out of my ass
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.