[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here have experience, knowledge and skill with competitive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: Snorlax vs Rhydon.png (545KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Snorlax vs Rhydon.png
545KB, 720x540px
Does anyone here have experience, knowledge and skill with competitive battling from the first two generations?

Pic related, two of the titans of old-school battling.
>>
>>26756741
All I know is that gen I mewtwo destroyed everyone.
>>
>>26756741
>Snorlax used Blizzard
>>
>>26756741
why?
>>
>>26756741
Tauros fucking dominated gen 1 while snorlax dominated gen 2
>>
Alakazam was literally all you needed if Mewtwo was banned
>>
G1 team formula is Tauros, Golem/Rhydon, sleep inducer/Gengar/Filler, Slowbro/Starmie/Lapras, Snorlax/Chansey, Alakazam.
>>
Ahh, the good ol' days when a full team of Mewtwos was invincible.
>>
>>26756797
Dem speed based crits
>>
Gen II was Skarmory/Blissey fest
>>
Gen 1 I used Tauros, Gengar, Starmie, Slowbro, Snorlax and Alakazam

Gen 2 I used Snorlax, Snorlax, Snorlax, Snorlax, Snorlax, and uh.... snorlax.

Basically matches consieted of recovering and spamming psychic, thunderbolt, blizzard, or earthquake.
>>
>>26758592
>>26756872
>>26756776
Mewtwo was banned in competive matches. If you saw a mewtwo you were not playing competetive.
>>
>>26758754
Why snorlax was so powerfull on G2?
>>
>>26758783
>explain the entire metagame to me
>>
>>26758768
>Mewtwo was banned in competive matches
Maybe in your country and in official tournaments.
>>
>>26758783
How complicated could gen 2 have been
if you can't explain gen 2's meta you should probably an hero
>>
>>26758783
curselax was unstoppable because of rest and no calm mind/tail glow/special boost of any kind. If lax got a curse off pray for crits
>>
>>26758768
Not in the earliest of early competitive matches. The first official tournament had no restrictions, not even species clause, so you legit saw teams of 6 Mewtwo's with an occasional Chansey.
>>
>>26758840
meant for>>26758819
>>
>>26758754
Pokemons like Tauros would wall a lot of pokemons due to its blizzard plus earthquake combo. Starmie killed water pokemon and flying pokemon which was a reason none of them were used. Gengar walled water pokemon too as well as fighting pokemon and prevented many normal pokemon from being used as well. Alakazam was your first in line mon since he couldn't easily be put to sleep and psychics were OP at the time. Snorlax was a HP wall and could take a lot of damage and with amnesia made him a beast to handle as he could set up easily and wall the entire team. Dragonite was hella annoying after pulling off agility and spent the entire match tangling other mons up and then spam hyper beam. Eggexucute was a psychic killer and about the only pokemon that could take on Mewtwo. Leech seed and toxic was a match ender as well forcing switch ins left and right allowing you to predict who comes in and who doesnt. Clefairy and Chansey were physical/special killers and golem was decent as well. Slowpoke was used as well called them toby bros, very predictable as were tauros. Every other mon was shit.

Mewtwo and Mew were banned and if they were not you would just pray you could pull off the blizzard to freeze him. If not you're SOL.

My team was Eggexecute, Starmie, Clefairy, Clansey, Gengar, and Jolteon.

I would have Eggexecute in front to mop up any psychic, ghost, or water pokemons that opponent used. Starmie was my gyrados and flying counter. Tauros for basically everyone. Jolteon to get the speed on other pokemons and take out using pin missile or thundershock to take out slowbro. Gengar for multiple types since I outfitted him with mega drain, thundershock for rock pokemon. Clefairy and Clansey to stall out.
>>
Since smogon didn't exist I didnt bother doing the no sleep clause and abused it with parasect and get him hidden behind a doll. Fire pokemon were unheard of since they were shit. Starting the match, used parasect to put the starter pokemon to sleep and depending if they used alakazam or not; I would switch in eggexecute and kill him off. If alakazam wasn't present and a OP mon like Mewtwo or Tauros was, I switched to Dragonair; pulled off a agility to boost speed and then wrap the pokemon til I can one hit ko with hyper beam. If none of the above was present; I stayed with Parasect and leeched health off the other mon til I could summon a doll which then I hid behind and sucked their health away and swords dancing away. Eventually they killed my parasect after I took out two or three of theirs and in which I would switch either Chansey or Starmie depending on the type. End match with Gengar after I paralyze some pokemons.

Parasect, Eggexcuter, Dragonair, Gengar, Starmie, and Chansey was my team for Gen 1. I didn't play any pokemon after gen one since I was 24 by the time Silver came out.
>>
Was Hitmonlee any good?
>>
>>26759136
no. fighting pokemon were shit since they got walled by gengar. everyone had a gengar and gengar can't get hit by hitmonlee or hitmonchee.
>>
>>26759146
But with Snorlax and Tauros having such a presence, surely he'd have some use?
>>
>>26759169
Hitmonlee has next to no hp or special defense. One blizzard easily killed him.
>>
>>26759169
It can easily be switched with no consequence. Opposing side would just switch to Gengar and sap your dreams with no damage since none except one can hit Gengar. Plus the OU is dominated with psychics which murder Hitmonlee. Eggexecute, Mewtwo, Alakazam, Gengar, are his worse nightmare.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.