[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After seeing the gameplay of the new Zelda game and knowing that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: Cerda.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Cerda.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
After seeing the gameplay of the new Zelda game and knowing that pic related is only the 2% of the game map.

Do you think Pokémon NX (Gen 8) will include all the regions from the previous games in one game?
>>
No because Pokemon is developed by Game Freak not Nintendo and Breath of the Wild had a shitload of time and people put into it.
>>
>>26750076
>Wanting 8 regions in one game
>Fucking 64 badges
Dude, imagine the level curve
>>
What the fuck do thou even want with all regions
>>
GameFreak is not Nintendo, plus Zelda has help from Monolith Soft.
But more importantly, GF is neither of them and wouldn't be able to handle a world on that scale.
>>
>>26750201
It'd need some kind of dynamic scaling which sounds like far more effort than GF would ever be willing to put in on a Pokemon game.
>>
There will never be a game with all regions. Why would you even want that?
>>
There will never be a game with all regions, even if gamefreak were to out in the effort.

It would be complete garbage because of the way the levels scale, plain and simple.
>>
What would even the purpose of all regions be? Nobody wants to wait until Alola to be able to catch Pikipek.
>>
>>26750201
Clearly you would choose a Pokémon to be your ace and then change out your team at every region like in the anime.
>>
>>26750076
>Do you think Pokémon NX (Gen 8) will include all the regions from the previous games in one game?
no. you can only level your mons to 100 and it will be reached after 8 gym leaders and some grinding. all coming regions will be just walking simulator
>>
>>26750118
I'm gonna go on a limb and say Nintendo EAD/EPD had some extra help from both MonolithSoft and Grezzo. Is it true? Probably not, but I've seen Nintendo require some extra hands on next gen development lately.
>>
>Pokemon on the NX
Can this meme stop
>>
I'm curious as to what exactly caused this leap in logic for you.
>>
>>26750076
>pokemon on NX
>game with all regions
I just fell from my chair laughing.

More seriously, more than one region is incredibly unlikely to happen again for scaling purpose, see the mess that was GS and shit wasn't fixed for remakes. Before anyone of you gets mad, I'm only talking about level curve here

Level scaling a game requires a lot of effort, which gamefreak will never put into their games, and the more content, the harder it is, but exponentially. Especially when shit isn't linear, so can we just agree that non linear progression is shit in rpgs ? (aside from little side paths on the road, those are god tier)

Even if gamefreak were willing to do this shit, your team would be level 100 before finishing the second regions. We'd need a Disgaea-tier level system for that much regions to work.

So what happens when all your mons are fully evolved and never learn new moves ? Damn, shit gets boring as fuck.

tl;dr : NEVER EVER
>>
>>26750076
What would be the point of an all region tour?

The meat of ONE region is getting your badges while slaying evil. Visiting other regions with their bad guys already in jail is just walking around on a stamp rally.

>But muh 64 badges

Nigga who the fuck cares? Badges are just plot tokens to reach the league. What, does 64 badges unlock some super secret League of L100 player champions to mow through? If you want cameos, just bring back the PWT and make it less Frontier-y.
>>
>>26750638
Yes, they had help of monolith.

They are pretty good with big worlds.

But no fucking way that GF is able to make big world like that.
>>
>>26750640
It's people who are working under the joint console-handheld hybrid theory. I don't personally buy it myself, but if the NX did happen to be some kind of universal platform then Pokemon on the NX would be the logical direction of the franchise, would it not?

As for you OP, no. Stop being retarded. Nobody older than 15 wants all the regions in one game, however you spin it, it'd end up being a complete clusterfuck
>>
>>26750076
I could see a side game being developed, but not the main game.
>>
>>26750076
I would not trust GF with that kind of project desu. Maybe if hand it to EAD. They have one of the powerful IP in gaming to use and they put like barely any effort into making these games compared to other studios working their tail off so their series can be the best they can to sell well.
>>
how is it that after 20 years some pf you still dont get that pokemon is a franchise made for handhelds?
>>
>>26750076
>Do you think Pokémon NX (Gen 8) will include all the regions from the previous games in one game?
>Game Freak

No
>>
Unless you change the Fucking game to make it something different and not beating all the leagues an all regions game would serve no purpose but to be stupidly long with nothing to do
And don't even mention "but how about a mmo"
>>
I don't understand.. is GameFreak too proud to outsource work?

If they made Pokemon: Breath of the Wild.. it'd be the game EVERY Pokemon player has EVER wanted.

Being able to throw pokeballs at pokemon in the wild.. surviving, farming berries, havesting things to train EVs and make potions and etc.. breeding.. BOOM, A WILD RHYHORN HAS CHARGED AT YOU
>Have to escape by running away and outsmarting him, calling your pokemon and using a FFXV type combat system to stun them/make them faint, or using trainer tools to stun it like a rock in the safari zone to run away and you ACCIDENTALLY RAN AWAY INTO AN ILLUSIONARY WALL MADE BY CRESCILLIA OOOOooOOOOooooooooo ITS A DUNGEON! YOU USE YOUR WITS AND POKEMON TO FIGHT YOUR AWAY TO THE END AND CAPTURE HER.. EXCEPT SHE FLIES AWAY! YOU MUST SEARCH THE REGION FOR HER USING YOUR DETECTIVE SKILLS

No really though it would be GOTYOAY being a defenseless trainer and having to rely on your Pokemon and the environment as a researcher and along the way you discover the evil plot of some villian and if you don't act in time the world is fucked up like Dead Rising (except it isn't a game over, you just go down a different path/miss a legendary or something)

Why can't this be real
>>
>>26750076
Fuck off with this shit idea.
>>
File: z6fe8g8.jpg (216KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
z6fe8g8.jpg
216KB, 1920x1080px
>>26750076
>Pokémon NX (Gen 8)

There will never be a main pokemon game on a non-handheld console
They could easily make a main game 1000 times better than anything we had so far if they left handhelds behind (just look at Pokkén's backgrounds and imagine an entire game like that) but they won't cause pokemon is the only thing that makes their shitty portable garbage consoles sell
>>
>>26750797
Industry has changed. There is no "le made for handheld" excuse anymore when Japanese devs are releasing some cross platform stuff for Vita/PS4 even tho the Vita is kill. Nintendo themselves want their future platforms to operate in a similar manner, probably going even further.
>>
>>26750201
>>26750363
Or this
>Choose a region to start in, beat gyms and E4 there
>beat next region's league who now have their post-game teams
>"Congrats, you're now and international champion"
>fight all other gym leaders and E4 eventually at level 100
>battle maison/subway style with no revives or heals
>have to beat final elite 4 without healing in between
Also GF would have to make the AI not complete trash
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.