[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I noticed something funny. A lot of criticism people have with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: seahorses.png (103KB, 605x325px) Image search: [Google]
seahorses.png
103KB, 605x325px
I noticed something funny. A lot of criticism people have with newer gen Pokemon like Zorua compared to Vulpix, etc is that the newer mons lokos more chibi-like or like balloon animals, like Keldeo compared to Ponyta, etc.

But I noticed the opposite with Horsea and Skrelp. Horsea looks like a Pokemon that would have been released today, and Skrelp looks like a gen 1 Pokemon! Anyone else agree?

This is just an observation, please don't turn this into a genwar or anything.
>>
>>26739361
no
>>
>>26739458
yes
>>
Just to clarify if anyone got confused:

Horsea has the eyes that a lot of newer gen Pokemon designs have. Horsea's head is also a sphere with features tacked on which is a common criticism of new Pokemon like Chespin and Oshawott and stuff, which kinda falls into the "more chibi-like" category.

I suppose if Horsea were to be released today its head would be bigger and the "belly" would be contiguous with the rest of its body instead of bulging out. But Horsea still looks like a newer gen Pokemon.

Also when I said "don't turn this into a genwar" I didn't mean to imply "if you're disagreeing with me you're trying to incite a genwar". Sorry for saying that it, was kinda dumb. I really just wanted to share this.
>>
The answer is that there isn't a consistent style everyone can agree on. Also they just lifted Horsea off the Tatsunoko logo.
>>
>>26739483
There is no super consistent art style for Pokemon. Also, what gen they're in has nothing to do with when they were created. Fucking Titouga and Caracosta appear on first gen beta design, they just makes shit and decide if they should put it in. Alot of the Gen 1 design were chosen for their simplicity because they were more possible to make in game.
>>
File: itookthebait.png (125KB, 820x501px) Image search: [Google]
itookthebait.png
125KB, 820x501px
Every generation has it's mix of cartoon and realistic pokemon. Cartoony style isn't exclusive to late gens.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.