[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please Gamefreak, I beg of you. Don't make Rowlet a defensive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 7

File: Rowlet.png (36KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Rowlet.png
36KB, 200x200px
Please Gamefreak, I beg of you. Don't make Rowlet a defensive grass starter. It's too precious to deserve such a horrible fate.
>>
I will cancel my preorder if Rowlet isn't a fast and powerful sweeper.
>>
>>26739828
We already know Litten is the fast starter.
>>
Speed wise it goes
Litten
Rowlet
Everything else
Popplio.
>>
>everything needs to be a Sweeper
Fuck off.
>>
>>26739953
No you fuck off we don't need o need another defensive grass starter.
>>
>>26739060
I hope he gets bravust burd wings HA
>>
Grass starter has always been the shitty gimped choice, prove me wrong.
>>
>>26740132
Bulbasaur was easy mode in RBY though.
>>
>>26740381
And was always better than Charizard or Blastoise until the former got two overpowered megas to pander to genwunners.
>>
>>26739060
Popplio confirmed for having shit Atk and Spd, good HP, and decent SpAtk, Def, and SpDef. They won't make two bulky mons in one gen.
>>
>>26739060
As long as Rowlet gets an awesome HA, it should be good in competitive.
>>
File: 1465931570813.png (188KB, 502x318px) Image search: [Google]
1465931570813.png
188KB, 502x318px
>>26740440
Pic related unfortunately shows that Rowlet has 80 Base HP.
>>
>>26740132
Serperior is the only Unova starter that's OU.
Mega Venusaur is better, competitively, than Mega Blastoise.
>>
>>26740418
Prior to megas Veanusuar was one of few starter mons in top tier competitive play because of his HA.

Even after megas and the weather nerf he's still decent.

All other grass starters are trash competitively though. In fact most grass mons in general are.
>>
>>26740493
>forgetting the smuggest snake
>>
>>26740493
Mega Sceptile isn't bad. And Serperior is in OU.
>>
>>26740546
You're right I forgot about the contrary leaf storm spam.

This just goes to show though that a great ability can turn a shitmon into a greatmon.

Let's wait and see Rowlet's HA. I'd say ability and move pool are even more important than stats and typing honestly.
>>
>>26740440
>Venusaur and Blastoise
>Empoleon and Torterra
>Emboar and Serperior
>>
>>26739953
>defensive Grass/Flying
yeah GameFreak made the right choice with Articuno being bulky amirite? and dont forget the pure cancer of fucking Tropius. Overpowered meme shit
>>
>>26739060
grass makes for excellent defensive mons. plus it's flying so roost will be 100% available. but who knows, maybe it'll be speedy with high HP and high sp. atk
>>
>>26740418
Is this a joke? Mega Venusaur is easily one of the best Megas, Blastoise is one of the worst.
>>
>>26740704
>maybe it'll be speedy with high HP
this is already confirmed anon
>>
>>26740704

I can pretty much assure you it will be a physical based attacker. Ditto with Popplio and SpA.

The only swing starter is Litten as far as offense goes. It's gonna be the fast starter but who knows if it will be physical, special, or mixed. I'm leaning toward physical just because I feel like it's gonna learn Bite and maybe Crunch by level up.
>>
>>26740752
>the former

Learn to read, I only said that Charizard is better than Venusaur now.
>>
>>26739060
>defensive mon
>with that shitty type
pick one
>>
>>26740704
>grass makes for excellent defensive mons
No just no.
>>
>>26740758
>>26740763
how so? where are you guys getting this info?
>>
>>26739953
>every grass starter needs to be defensive
Fuck off.
There's literally only one grass starter that's a sweeper.
>>
>>26740704
>grass/flying for defense
hope you like ice beams out the ass
>>
>>26739060
It already is a bulky starter. Base hp is 65 or so, since it hits 23 HP at level 5, just like Tepig.
>>
>>26740789
In the battle royal vid his health is still high after being hit by an SE attack, confirmed for balk
>>
>>26740704
See >>26740775

The three best defensive grass types (Amoongus, M Venusaur, Ferrothorn) are only so because of their good abilities, supporting movepool and in the case of Ferrothorn, having an actually good secondary type.

The best defensive types in the game are Steel and Fairy. Grass is also one of the worst offensive types.
>>
>>26740768
Which is also completely untrue. They also serve completely different roles.
Seriously, play the game before making retarded statements like that.
>>
>>26740781

One source is the trailer today and people were able to derive an approximation of the starter's base stats. Keep in mind these are their first stages so base stats are liable to change, but it's usually a good indicator.

Popplio has high HP and middling SpA/defenses. Rowlet also has high HP.

I'm basing my opinion that Rowlet will have a physical based final evo on mostly dex entries and what we know about it so far. All info seems to point to it being a physical attacker. It mentions that it's known for fast, hard kicks.

So my theory is a semi bulky physical Grass/Flying attacker with potential High Jump Kick coverage.
>>
>>26740831
>Mega Zard X literally on eof the best mons in the tier
>Venusaur lost its best niche to Mega Sableye

I'm not saying that Mega Venusaur is bad (still A- in the OU viability ranking), but it's not as good/viable/useful/however I should call it without offending you, as Charizard.
>>
>>26740846
>So my theory is a semi bulky physical Grass/Flying attacker with potential High Jump Kick coverage.
That's just awful. Like a shitty emboar
>>
>>26740823
I do recall a lot of people saying Ferrothorn would never last because of the 4x to fire. It might surprise you guys
>>
>>26740831

Debatable but if the question is whether Charizard is better than Venusaur competitively, you have to take into account that Charizard has 2 Mega formes. M-Venusaur pulls of two sets: defensive, and bulky attacker.

Between the two Zard formes you have a wallbreaker, a DD sweeper, a SD sweeper, a Belly Drum sweeper, a Wisp supporter, and a bulky Roost attacker.

Charizard is better than Venusaur due to sheer versatility.

If you want a more objective opinion you can check how their formes are ranked in the OU viability thread on Smogon. I haven't checked in awhile but I believe between the two Zard formes they've always had a slight edge over Venusaur.
>>
>>26740831
See >>26740912

And before you go all
>smogon
on us, you can also check their Battle Spot and VGC viability rankings, which consistenly place Charizard over Venusaur.
>>
>>26739060
You do know that Venusaur is by far the only decent grass starter, right?
>>
>>26740986
>Serperior
>>
File: serperior.jpg (365KB, 521x893px) Image search: [Google]
serperior.jpg
365KB, 521x893px
>>26740986

>>26740546

Why does everyone forget the most beautiful, coolest, strongest and overall best Grass starter?
>>
>>26740907
Not when it has two terrible defensive types. It needs to be a sweeper.
>>
>>26740899

We don't know what Ability it gets or just how high its physical attack stat will be.

Something like Gale Wings with 100 Att would be really good. It would even give people a secondary, viable Gale Wings user other than Talonflame.

It's theorymon but let's see:

>Would probably be slower than Talonflame but stronger
>Gets by Talonflame's usual counters like (M)-Diancie, Talonflame, Rotom-W, Rhyperior, Hippowdon, Suicune, Slowbro, Manaphy
>Struggles with a few of Talonflame's switch-ins too, like TankChomp, Lando-T, Heatran
>Struggles with Ferrothorn and (M)-Scizor more than Talonflame (although High Jump Kick would help against Ferro if it gets the move)
>Has the potential for more utility than Talonflame if it gets shit like Defog for +1 priority hazard removal or maybe Whirlwind for neutral priority phasing

I'm eager to see how Rowlet turns out.
>>
>>26741014
>>26741017
I wish I knew how to explain the feeling in my head that this doesn't really count. Ita like giving a random shitmon huge power. It will make almost anything good. Serperior's stats, movepools, and typing are otherwise pretty abysmal. But it is still OU anyway so it's not technically untrue.
>>
>>26741014
>>26741017
Doesn't count. It was shit in Gen 5. It didn't get Contrary until Gen 6.

Same goes for Sceptile. Venusaur was the only outright competitively decent grass starter.
>>
>>26740912
Nobody good uses Belly drum, shut the fuck up
>>
>>26741027

Whirlwind can't have priority. It breaks the game.
>>
>>26741040
Yeah, I feel the same way. It's still OU though.

It doesn't deserve to be, because it gives itself a Special Huge Power after clicking a 130 BP move, but it's still OU.
>>
>>26741027

After M-Diancie that should say Tyranitar, not Talonflame.
>>
>>26741050
It won't have it. Whirlwind is -7 prio, with Gale Wings -6, not a big change.

>>26741027
The problem here is that it literally needs one of the best abilities in the game to succeed, otherwise it will be irredeemable shit, that's why most of us are pissed about yet another bulky grass starter.
>>
>>26741049

Yes, no one has ever used a Belly Drum Tough Claws Mega with a burn immunity in the history of time.
>>
>>26741040
>>26741064

I can kinda understand it, but do you feel the same way about Megas like Mawile or Altaria too, which would be shitmons without their ability?
>>
>>26741127
Sure, I suppose. If we're going by Smogon they're even tiered differently.
>>
>>26741091
Nah, it doesn't need one of the best abilities to succeed.

Give it Reckless/Tough Claws
100/120/60/70/60/120

Woodhammer/Brave Bird/HJK/Roost

There you go. Completely viable pokemon

That said, if this thing is a defensive mon or a special attacker, it is absolutely fucked and has no chance of being good.
>>
File: JUSTRowlet.png (388KB, 800x550px) Image search: [Google]
JUSTRowlet.png
388KB, 800x550px
It's going to be a Grass/Flying defensive Pokémon.
>>
>Gale Grass for priority Grass attacks
>at least 120 special attack
>enough bulk to tank Water attacks on switch
>at least 75 base speed to outfast common walls
>Giga Drain/Leaf Storm + Hurricane/Air Slash + Focus Blast/Earth Power for all coverage it needs, one free moveslot for support move
Seems workable and unique enough. Good Rain check.
>>
>>26740907
Who the fuck tought that?
Scizor and forre already were considered as great back in the days and they have very similar typing.
Forre even had a similar role.
>>
>>26741219
If your making it bulky it needs to be physical since popplio is a special tank.
>>
>>26741042
Venusaur was UU in Gen 1.
Sceptile was BL in Gen 3
>>
>>26741219
Don't forget Spore! ;)
>>
>>26741278
Venusaur: (UU/UU) BL/UU/OU/OU

Sceptile: BL/UU/RU/UU

Venusaur was consistenly better than Sceptile.
>>
>>26741294
you're probably joking but only fungi pokémon get spore
>>
>>26741219
>round owl
>fast enough to get a Gale Wings-like ability
I want this guy to be good, but please dude
>>
>>26739953
Most starters kind of do. I've got zero interest in running through the main game with a slow chump who no matter how bulky he is will need potions and Pokecenter visits every other trainer unless it's way over-leveled.
>>
>>26741219
>special attacking grass type
>getting moves
>getting EARTH POWER
you're delusional. This things needs to be a physical attacker for it even have a resemblance of a movepool
>>
I swear I will quit Pokemon for life if based Rowlet ends up being a shitmon. It deserves to be the next Greninja, and I will be outraged if GF ruins everything for Rowlet.
>>
>>26739944
Welp. This is the end for Owlfags
>>
>>26741923
Not really, Rowlet could still have a high speed and good attack to go with it. It just means that Rowlet is a bulky physical attacker.
>>
>>26741952
It needs a base speed of 110 or greater, and either attack and/or spatk stat at 100 or greater to be decent. Then you factor in its movepool and ability.
>>
>there are people who roll anything but Vensaur in gen 1
Wow.
>>
>muh Rowlett isn't OU in an age of powercreep due to megas
>shitmon
>garbage
Abloobloobloo
Who gives a shit if it's not OU right off the bat?
You're not going to use it on smogon anyways when you'll just use the same six fucking pokemon that have been used in the past 6 years.

Either develop a newfound appreciation for PvE, or quit bitching that one of the starters isn't going to be able to last in a mega-dominated meta.
>>
Daily reminder that all these speculations about final starter Abilities (like Gale Wings Rowlet, Serene Grace Popplio, etc.), could get completely btfo by 3 custom Abilities.

All 3 Kilos starters got custom Abilities.

We have to start thinking outside the box.

The panda and the mongoose got custom Abilities and one of them is the goddamn regional rodent. Magearna got a special Moxie.

What's it gonna take to save this little ball of feathers?
>>
>>26742108
desu I'd be happy with Thick Fat. But it is unlikely
>>
File: SALT.png (94KB, 242x556px) Image search: [Google]
SALT.png
94KB, 242x556px
So it is foretold, so it shall be.
>>
Well we can't assume much seeing that we don't know IVs or nature. If the leak is real then it would probably have high speed and attack.
>>
>>26742189
>T H I C C fat
Ftfy

>>26742281
>If the leak is real
Its not
>>
>>26742062
>You're not going to use it on smogon anyways when you'll just use the same six fucking pokemon that have been used in the past 6 years.
>I know nothing about competitive Pokemon

Smogon is literally the most diverse battling style in Pokemon. You're thinking about VGC.
>>
>>26742108
This is actually the most likely thing guys. Each of the Kalos starters got a new, (nigh-)unique ability. It'll be the same with these ones.
>>
>>26742108
The Kalos starters abilities were related to their theme, armored Chesnaught got bulletproof, witch delphox got magician, greninja got protean which I guess is supposed to reflect a rogue's use of disguises?

Rowlet throws his feathers like knives, knife throwers are known for accuracy but we already have accuracy boosting abilities... I'm guessing its just gonna be like a strong jaw for projectile attacks.

Assuming he is strictly defensively stated that won't save him. I will say though it makes no sense to make a knife thrower defensive so maybe he's not?
>>
I'm picking best owl no matter what.
>>
>>26746164
you mean overrated owl
>>
>>26746202
idc that thing looks like a total bro.
>>
>>26746202
Who cares if it's overrated? It's about time the Grass starter got some love after generations of being shit on.
>>
>>26746404
What is Mega Venusaur?
What is Coolperior?
>>
>>26743677
They all seem kind of projectile-based tbqh
>Rowlet HA = increased crit rate on non-contact attacks
>Litten HA = increased priority on ball/bomb-based moves
>Popplio = increased damage on non-contact moves (not as much as Tough Claws because non-contact moves have less risk)
>>
>>26746573
>rowlet increased crit rate
>scope lens
>focus energy
>high HP

Just needs a shit ton of speed and it's kingdra 2.0
>>
>>26741050
Whirlwind is a Normal Type move
>>
I calced the damage from Pikachus Thunderbolt.
Rowlets special defence is at least base 50 (0 IV Pikachu) or 55 (31 IV Pikachu). So a slower Snivy with more HP.
I really hope Gamefreak is fucking with us and this Rowlet is fully EV trained.
>>
File: loonsparce.jpg (38KB, 343x480px) Image search: [Google]
loonsparce.jpg
38KB, 343x480px
>>26739060
As long as it keeps Flying type or ATLEAST leanrs Fly it can still be my in-game bro I can ride around the region. It'll serve it's purpose.
>>
>>26742024
>There are people who choose to not Fly thier starter bro around the region
>>
>>26740467
So does Blaziken

If Rowlet is offensive, this indicates it won't be a glass cannon
>>
>>26748710
It will be a grass cannon.
>>
>>26748710
Comparing the final Evo in a lines HP to the starting Pokémon of an Evo line?
>>
>>26747785
That Pikachu was weak though. The litten lost like 75% hp and it couldn't finish it off with a stab thunder shock which rowlet had the same effective damage.
>>
>>26740467
>a starter with 80 in any stat in its first stage.
wew lad.
>>
>>26748938
Not true assuming max IV it's 65 like tepig.
>>
>>26748946
I was pointing out how fucking dumb it would be to have a starter with 80 in any stat in its first stage. The absolute highest so far is froakie with 71 speed.
>>
>>26740483
Only OU because of the HA.
>>
>>26749023
well shit son guess we better discard every good pokemon that's only good because of its ability then.
>>
File: pokemon-memes-1-fb.jpg (40KB, 1000x523px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-memes-1-fb.jpg
40KB, 1000x523px
Might have access to:
>Roost
>Synthesis
>Ingrain
>Moonlight
>Pluck
>Absorb
>Mega Drain
>Giga Drain
>Leech Seed
>Substitute
>Feather Dance
>Fly
>Sky Drop
And you don't want it to have good defenses? Something that with the right amount of HP, ATK, and DEF could for all intents and purposes get enough recovery and HP draining moves to spam Brave Bird every other turn?

You don't deserve Powladin, /vp/.
>>
>>26749082
lol
>>
>>26739828
No amount of speed will save him from an ice shard.
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.