[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Alazakam starts the gen in UU >Mega Alakazam gets moved

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: Alakazam banned from UU.png (359KB, 619x869px) Image search: [Google]
Alakazam banned from UU.png
359KB, 619x869px
>Alazakam starts the gen in UU
>Mega Alakazam gets moved to BL
>Alakazam rises to OU through usage
>Megas get split from the base forms, Mega Alakazam stays OU while regular Alakazam drops to UU
>Alakazam gets banned from UU because Life Orb too stronk

JUST
>>
>smogon relevant
>>
>>26723908
>being an idiot
>>
>>26723914
>smogon
>relevant
>>
>>26723903
A lot of Pokemon are good, it's just that the usage system means that you'll only recognize how good it is after people actually use it. I wouldn't be surprised if Zapdos's return drowns Torn-T out of OU. It's like a shifting tide.
>>
>>26723921
>Zapdos's return
Return from where? Not a competitive player.
>>
>>26723942
Zapdos and Mandibuzz fell out of OU into UU a while ago. I still thought they were good and used them, but people shitted on them with unwarranted malice for being Defoggers weak to Rocks.

With Zapdos out of the way, Torn-T achieved S ranking in OU since few things could deal with Hurricane on top of all its coverage. Mega Pinsir also became a clear OU menace with Zapdos, being its best counter in the game, out of the way. People just used Skarm to hold it off instead, but Skarm takes a shit ton from +2 Close Combat.
>>
>>26723903
>Smogon
>Literally the stuttering kid across the street who stopped playing pokemon with you because you "use the wrong" pokemon.
>>
>>26724012
I think you have some personal problems you need to work out.
>>
>>26723914
>being a smogon sheep
>>
>>26724012
>Literally the kid that uses a broken team then chimps out when nobody wants to battle him anymore
>>
>>26723903
Black dick thrusting in yellow vagina.
>>
>>26726664
do these posts keep reappearing because of a bot or is it an actual butthurt anon?
>>
>>26723914
>muh shadow tag ban
>>
>>26728489
I think it's pasta. A foreign one, but pasta nonetheless.
>>
>>26728514
someones spamming it in every thread trying to force a meme
>>
>>26723903
>alakazam banned
Fuck yes!
>>
>>26723903
Been out of the loop on competitive, did they seriously allow Alakazam in UU?
If he's not OU he's obviously BL material
>>
I want smogonshills to leave
>>
>>26730766
You had stuff like Celebi, Sableye, Metagross, and Goodra to deal with it earlier in the gen when it was UU.

When it fell back to UU later on, there became too many dangerous threats along with it to really pressure such mons. You've got Mamoswine and Gyarados and friends along with good Fire types to stand up to Sableye. UU has just gotten a bit of the crazy touch nowadays with all these good things dropping.

>>26730783
You can show yourself to the door. You didn't have to post in this thread but you had the audacity to do so anyway.
>>
>>26723987
>with Zapdos out of the way
I think this is funny. It's literally still usable, yet people suddenly don't use it anymore because it's not in the same tier.
>>
>>26731090
Lemme explain the state of OU as I see it.

Of course you have your Elo hell where you get non-serious and zany teams between 1000 and like 1200. From 1200 to 1400, you get some semblance of a team with Smogon choices and fun choices, like for example a team with both a Rotom-W and a regular Sceptile.

From 1400, you see more serious playing, but it's also tryhard territory since they try to make plays but don't grasp concepts like understanding how your opponent plays before making your own plays. This lasts till about 1650. From there, you see generally good players through to the top of the ladder, and with them can come innovation and smart HO and stall with plays (instead of merely going to the correct wall each time) and fat balance.

Then there's another layer to it, like a transparent masking that scheme. From around 1250 to about 1650, you see cookie-cutter Smogon teams, and these are the teams anti-Smogon kids are generally complaining about. These are the sheep of Showdown, who think only OU is viable, and who give Smogon players a bad name. Around 1500 is when you start seeing stall, and they also give Smogon players a bad name.

Now here's the thing. The people who do well from 1650 to top are the ones who develop teams based on their likes or however they wanted to build it. Shitters copypaste those types of teams when they see something they like being used (or worse, they think it's going to win so they expressly steal it to use to do the same). And that's the extent of creativity and diversity on the ladder -- whatever the good players use since they're good at teambuilding. People also look to tournaments to rip teams too.

Quag and Amoong got used more (especially by stall), so more people used them since they just copypasted the team(s). When high ladder people weren't seen running Zapdos but instead ran things like Rocky Helmet Lando-T, those trends trickled down the ladder.
>>
>>26731090
I'm quite a fan of Smogon, but I still think the tier system has major flaws. For example Vaporeon is absolute shit, one of the worst mons in UU, but because it's a fan favourite it still has enough usage to stay in the tier, even though it could shine in RU or a lower tier. I often wonder how many of the high ranking OU mons could be thrown into lower tiers and not change them much or at all.
>>
>>26731090
>>26731343
Zapdos returned because of the prevalence of Torn-T, Mega Pinsir, and also largely because it started showing up on some stall teams that didn't like those 2, and as I said people copypaste teams so much.

To give you another idea, Banded Weavile, which is only really found on ABR stall, represented 48% of all Weavile seen in OU during the May stats.

It's not all bad though. Like I said, there are good players on the ladder who build their own teams and put their heart into them. One of the guys I befriended in my battles on Showdown high ladder had an effective team he devised that featured a Meloetta, using both forms. The other thing is, I like using who I like using and so do the other innovators, and just because we chose not to put Zapdos or Mandibuzz on our teams doesn't mean they're bad, but when sheep who copy teams or run cookie-cutter teams see that those guys aren't there, they perpetuate this notion that those mons are shit, which simply isn't true.

This is also evidenced in the OU chatroom. You'll see people talking shit on mons that aren't in the tier. Like Vaporeon was OU from Gens 2-5 and still has viability in OU this gen, but people would act like it's the worst thing. Even the mods/voiced people shit on it at times, as they're part of the middle ladder 'look to the high ladder prevalence as my cue on what to say' group. It's why I don't go in the OU chat anymore, but I still have a great time battling on the ladder since I can make it high (unless I get haxed more than usual, but that happens to everyone).

Anyway, just because something isn't seen much or actually OU doesn't mean it's not viable. Make them work, and people will revere you.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.