[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vpwt/: All-Night Party Edition >post fanfics you like &

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 284
Thread images: 46

File: all-night party.png (1MB, 1164x706px) Image search: [Google]
all-night party.png
1MB, 1164x706px
/vpwt/: All-Night Party Edition

>post fanfics you like
>share your own fics, ask for advice, post story updates
>discuss writerly struggles with fellow writefriends

Join us in IRC at [ #vpwritethread on irc.rizon.net ] to discuss your fics, hang out and chat, and be frightened by the regulars!

Previous Thread: >>26589399

Check out the catalog for a directory of fics from fellow writefags,
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PtN4D_9CSw8JJ9uO6v0oQqdtKEkS8aFAvfxqI96XfSE/edit?usp=sharing

>Can I post NSFW fics?
Absolutely! There are no rules against NSFW text links.

>How should I post my fics?
Please, for the convenience of everyone involved, link to a host like Fanfiction.net, Pastebin or Google Docs rather than dumping your fics in text posts. This not only keeps the thread tidy (and keeps you from getting an infraction for spam), but it also provides a more permanent place to store your work.

>Can I add a fic I wrote to the catalog?
Sure! Check the catalog for the submission link. In there, you can find a link to a Google Form - fill out all the necessary information and it will be submitted for review automatically. Technology is incredible!

We're also looking to collect ideas for fanfics as a resource for stumped writers. Feel free to throw an idea out there; someone may choose to use it themselves!

Ideabin: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X072SSWulcC6RJRrPA6v9XtyohRybvMBl6Fh49wHsRw

Topic of the Thread: Writer burn-out and writer's block are common affliction among us writefags. What do you do to overcome these obstacles and get the words flowing again?
>>
first

good going Saikou
>>
>>26706895
Hype trains hurt.

Previous fics from last thread
Gift Protector https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10121590/11/Gift-of-the-Protector-Radiant-Heart SFW

Misty http://pastebin.com/M4AHPJrH NSFW

Sun/Moon Protag and Lillie? http://pastebin.com/L35imkKy NSFW

Ash Harem fic https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11952351/7/HaremMon-Gotta-Fxxk-em-All NSFW

Fledglings http://archiveofourown.org/works/3465593/chapters/16128496 SFW

Mienshao and Suicune http://pastebin.com/CD6U3H0Q NSFW

Pepper Eevee line fic http://pastebin.com/Qmcn59qj NSFW
>>
>TOTT
I am immune to such things, and have never experienced them personally. The worst I get is a stretch of fiction that's difficult to formulate in my head or edit correctly, and that's about it.

Music, though.
>>
File: HNI_0071.jpg (17KB, 407x365px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0071.jpg
17KB, 407x365px
https://m.fanfiction.net/u/2578078/

Still the only fanfics that ever struck a cord with me as an adult. Good job, cge0361. I know he used to lurk here in 2013.

If you're out there: you have the creative gift. It's like riding a bike — virtually no matter what, you can always get back on and ride, if you have the will.

You sent me a PM on Smashboards but I stopped going there, and I didn't see it promptly.

I'll always be a fan of your stories. I still recommend them to this day. Hope life is good for you.

If nothing else, "Can't Escape" has burned a desire into my soul for never allowing myself to dehumanize or degrade others, even my enemies... and I still cringe to this day if I audibly hear someone call someone else a "little shit." It ain't a happy story, and maybe it's a legacy some authors wouldn't want, but it's a raw and touching tale and it helps to prompt me to be good to others, at times.
>>
>>26707114
How do I git gud hard enough that people would gush to such an intense degree over my things like this?

Also cge is making shit still today. He's just been busy.
>>
>>26707114
>If you're out there
Yo.

>you have the creative gift
I'm allowed to borrow it on occasion, but whatever owns it is wise not to let me keep it.

>You sent me a PM on Smashboards
Searching that word, it is apparently a "Super Smash Bros." games forum, which excepting one dreadful attempt to be social is a game I've never much played. Likely, somebody out there was having fun donning this personage or you've a crossed pair of memory neurons.

>maybe it's a legacy some authors wouldn't want
For a while I liked C/E best of my fics, certainly of my self-inspired ones (LL grew wildly from another's concept, Waterlogged was public prompt, Any Port also a suggested theme, so only a few like D/P and NGON are "100% mine"), but I'm told that the writing quality is showing its age compared to what I produce now with six further years of experience in this hobby. Eternally Vernal I created (99% original, I was inspired by a typo in /vpwt/) to be a "new" C/E and there are many structural similarities, so I've hoped it would stand beside C/E in impact albeit above it in writing quality. But I've never much thought of it in (negative terms) of legacy. Please elaborate.

And I need to finish the vital revision that's bugging me so I can get E/V out. But I've been busy and when not, uninspired to do more than veg and play vidya. I'm in a phase. Maybe I'll do it today/tomorrow.

Thank you for noticing me.
>>
>>26707175
Not knowing of Anonymous's things to critique specifically, I'll simply admit my method candidly.

"My motivation to write a story is that I want to read it."

If you genuinely want to read it, enough to write it out and to proof-read it dozens of times (knowing that one error will still slip by you) and to revise for quality down to every article to make the most of it, a rare, precious few who read it will feel about it the way you did.

This is why I write so few pieces, even though I've recently shown that I can drop a 3k short on the spur of any moment. I'm not inspired by ideas, but by a little sensation—an intuitive spark or perhaps a touch on the shoulder by my muse—informing me that this idea, developed, will have a point.
>>
File: 1338064262793.jpg (68KB, 415x630px) Image search: [Google]
1338064262793.jpg
68KB, 415x630px
>>26708576
I wish I could be that inspired or self assured. I get plenty of ideas but am unable to form them into a story, let alone one anybody but a very niche audience would appreciate. It's already such a chore to try and put the nuanced concepts in my mind onto paper, let alone in a proper, understandable, and of course engaging format.
>>
>>26708627
"Self-assured" comes in two forms: Within, egotism. Without, an impression given off by somebody who's challenged a task without assurance and succeeded; that, enough times as to walk with a confident aura.

I've a good batting average because I demand much of a story before I write it (aforementioned) but each story I try is an opportunity to fall and but hard. (My most recent release is a musing on how I abstractly conceptualize hobby fiction writing. http://pastebin.com/kteUNsLz) Today, when I embark on a fic I'm still concerned throughout that I'm doing a bad job of it, but I have learned from feedback that the things I think are lame aren't necessarily so. Often what I grade as intriguing is ignored while passages that I dismissed as sub-par or throw-away (but not throw-away enough to cut out) receive great notice in my feedback. So I focus on objective quality and let subjective matters alone.

>I wish to be inspired
Open your imagination. E/V came about like this:
1. Somebody wrote "doe" instead of "though."
2. "Doe" is a kind of deer.
3. Sawsbuck didn't get any fic attention.
4. People hunt deer.
5. How about a hunter/trainer who has a deer?
(The spark.)
6. Make it a buck instead of a doe; lest readers expect them to fuck, minding they still could though.
7. Bro trainer and bro buck need more bro: Make it about that poacher with two bro 'dooms who I've hinted at a couple times in LL as having a backstory that I never wrote.
8. Open on hunter hunting, buck hunted, and a circumstance that'll put bros together.
9. E/V happens.
It flows like a river.

>I get plenty of ideas
Ideas ex nihilo may inspire but otherwise are reference material. Ideas in vivo are a story's essence.
>form them into a story
Some may be able to, but I foresee mere patchwork from such effort.

>such a chore
It should be fun; perhaps this isn't your game.

>nuanced concepts…to paper
Only a cross section ever survives, don't stress over it.
>>
>>26709219
Thank you for your advice, and for sharing that passage. Your words sounded not so dissimilar from my own feelings about writing. I have long considered that maybe this simply isn't my bent, but generous (I fear biased) commentary I've received on what little I have produced leaves me feeling almost duty-bound to keep trying, despite it never being any less tedious a task.

I could go on in so many words about how your words and the 'abstract conceptualization' (which yet still spoke clearly to me) resonated with me, but I won't clog up this thread with anymore with my drivel. I will make one last foray into the howling dark, without pretentious ideals or worries weighing me down, nor this time any retreat. If only so I can know with finality if I have any business doing this at all.
>>
>>26709655
>generous (I fear biased) commentary
Mannered attaboys are thin and must be accepted as such. What is to be valued is the heartfelt feedback, the respondent who generates a paragraph not on the piece itself, but how one character or one scene MEANT SOMETHING. (For example, the paragraph you chose to omit, citing a fear of clogging a thread that in its last incarnation ran for days on world-building minutiae.) Take those remarks as a compliment on the whole work, not only the cited moment, for a holistically developed story cannot be pieced apart without losing its essence. (Which is the difference I find between my methods and the "form [ideas] into a story" method.)

And if writing doesn't feel like your thing today, it may tomorrow. I never expected to become a writer until I awoke to the fact that I already was one and had been for decades; I simply hadn't bothered to let any of it out of my mind until then.
>>
Yay! New thread!

>ToTT
Unless the time is not one to afford a W'sB, I treat them as they are: a sign of tiredness or an indicator of something missed. As such, I simply switch activities until my mind is cleared enough to rebuild whatever circuituous thought that put it in that condition in the first place.

All in all, I don't fret over the part of having a W'sB specifically.

Anyway, while I do not at the moment publish fics like the others cited in >>26706972 , I am still working, mostly on the meta level - which is also part of being a writer.

Been working on worldbuilding june, specifically with my Pokémon 'verse, so it kinda falls within topic.

> The Suocéverse: an Introduction http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=369940
> currently working: History, Hierarchy and Cosmology.

For those interested in reviewing the 'verse, I provide access and or am available for dicussion via the IRC channel.

>>26707175
While I am usually not one to delve into nor recommend populism / demagogism, there is one thing that is true besides what >>26708576
mentions: for people to get candid over your stories, you have to tackle a subject that people can't finish getting their heads wrapped around. You have to prompt your reader to tell themself things like "Wait, no" or "But I would've thought that _____".

That also means, of course, that you have to choose your audience wisely. You can not choose who likes or dislikes your story, but you can choose to a point who will *keep* liking it once they do.

>>26708627
>let alone one anybody but a very niche audience would appreciate
Like I said, choose your audience. Writing (or doing anything) to please the masses involves appealing to the laws of the least common denominator, memetic emergence and diminishing returns. Writing for people -including yourself- who are looking for any of a set of specific things, is a much more rewarding and efficient activity.

Would expand on the subjects but charlimit and no breakfast.
>>
File: 1403404184605.png (142KB, 447x312px) Image search: [Google]
1403404184605.png
142KB, 447x312px
>>26707042
don't make everyone else jealous
>>
>>26708627
All I see are excuses and self-deprecation.

Just Do It™
>>
>>26708627
Well vpwt could be a niche audience
>>
When I first started writing fanfics they were all garbage with characters without any personality and mary-sue characters, full of cliches, etc. When it became clear that it was shit I tried to add more description, and then my fics ended up being purple prose, with unnecessary paragraphs of unreadable description of every little thing from Pokemon.

I'd like to thing I've gotten better than that, but its still difficult striking a balance between unnecessary flowery language without substance and minimalism without any description, and going back and forth between something that I might be able to finish but wouldn't be my best work, or something that could be better but with huge amounts of time between chapters.
>>
>>26713680
should you use the two depending on the importance of a character/setting?
>>
Here's a little fic idea: A delinquent Scrafty doing delinquent things with his gang of delinquents.

My friend suggested that I write it myself, but I'm already writing a Scrafty fic, and I'm not sure if I could do anything so lighthearted in the wake of Suwa-brand insecurity and suffering.
>>
>>26712229
I've just been doing it for going on 6+ years now. I'll give it one last hurrah but if it still doesn't pan out it's clear I'm wasting my time
>>
Found a thing when clearing my tabs of gunk. Looks like a different Serperior bully fic back when that was a thing a few months ago.
NSFW
http://pastebin.com/TpdwpvxG
>>
>>26715358
It's like you're mirror-universe me only for you it's writing and for me its all my other hobbies.
>>
>>26715399
Well that's one way to be mean to a snake
>>
File: 1465071830624.png (313KB, 576x324px) Image search: [Google]
1465071830624.png
313KB, 576x324px
>>26709219
That pastebin. That kind of shit makes me feel like I write like a 6th grader, stumbling around with the same shitty phrases and sentence structure for years on end and expecting progress to happen. It's difficult to do feel like I'm doing justice to the subjects I'm writing for after that.
>>
>>26706972
>my fic is there
Oh wow haha I didn't think it was worth mentioning. Thanks anon. You probably should've put warning diaper fetish though

TotT: Well, if I ever have writer's block, I just usually come here and read other people's fanfics to try and get inspired by one of them. If that doesn't work, I browse other boards and see what people are talking about. Like if someone was complaining about a hot summer day, I'd imagine a Feraligatr or some other Water-type Pokemon enjoying a swim in a lake, or a Trainer and their mons having a nice day at the beach to cool off and end the fun with Casteliacones in the shade of an umbrella.

The bin's a cool place to look too. One anon's trash is another's inspiration or something like that.
>>
http://pastebin.com/7RBBK6Jk

A kindly anon posted this in the comfy thread. Thought I should share it.
>>
>>26717239
Progress has happened: You've recognized that you can do better than you are now doing. But blame not the sentences, a good structure works to convey meaning clearly no matter which meanings you load it with. The stench of sameness isn't in the syntax, it's surely a narrowness of imagination that you feel constraining your results, as the same kinds of thoughts demand the same kinds of expressions.
>>
>>26718189
I feel as though the main issue is that I'm not reading enough to really comprehend a difference in expression and diction. And while I don't necessarily dislike reading in that it does ignite my passions to progress, it's difficult for me to care enough to carry out the mental order to care for going out and doing something as simple as that. While you might be able to go without because of the style you've thoroughly cemented into yourself, I still have far too much to learn to let those kinds of experiences slip. The way you use words and how you can so vividly describe things with such little substance really reinforced that I'm not proficient at all in those things.

This feeling isn't really helped by the current fic I'm working on, which has proven thus far to be extremely challenging to piece together in an interesting way. Though it is merely a rough draft, I fear it might not be very compelling, probably even too drawn out from seventeen notebook pages that currently encompass perhaps maybe half of the first chapter.
>>
Are there any good fanfics not about pokemon wanting to fuck eachother that you guys' have written?
>>
File: imej.jpg (139KB, 498x306px) Image search: [Google]
imej.jpg
139KB, 498x306px
>2016
>mfw 0 (ZERO) Good (Or great) NSFW or SFW fic with Heliolisk and Human (or Trainer).

For this, writtefags created (oneshot or various chapters) with Heliolisk </3
>>
>>26715399

actually, speaking of bullying, wasn't one guy going to do one involving zoroark? did that ever get finished?
>>
>>26718683
No
>>
>>26718630
>The way you use words and how you can so vividly describe things
…is born of my having largely eschewed literature. I self educated in the natural sciences section on books demanding of their authors the greatest precision and clarity of communication.
>>
>>26718843
Haven't heard anything from him.
>>
>>26718630
Well I'm not sure what you're reading but I would highly suggest going for books compared to other fanfiction. You'll get a much higher standard and variety of styles that way to learn from.
>>
>>26718843
Waiting on him too for Malva. New job might be taking all of his previous free time.
>>
>>26718683
All of mine that are Pokémon-centric, at least.
>>
>>26718683
the catalog is in the OP. Check it out. There's a section for SFW and NSFW on the bottom tabs
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PtN4D_9CSw8JJ9uO6v0oQqdtKEkS8aFAvfxqI96XfSE/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>26706895
TOTT: I think I just need to force myself, as that has often worked well enough. Should probably do so again, as I have yet to make more than about 2k words worth of progress on Au Coup Par Coup.
>>
>>26718144
well that was cuter than I expected it to be
>>
>>26719652
>>26720629
never ever
>>
File: 47382556_p0.png (77KB, 361x357px) Image search: [Google]
47382556_p0.png
77KB, 361x357px
>>
File: 1313481761618.jpg (196KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1313481761618.jpg
196KB, 512x512px
Friendly reminder that all the Male pokemon X Male trainer writers are dead.
>>
>>26727308
Make them yourself, then.
>>
>>26727308
Good.
>>
Hi, I'm back and finally forcing myself to write instead of dicking around. VGC 2016 is stupid and useless. Anyway, small question: How do you prevent your character from coming across as a dick? I'm trying to write my human-turned-Pokemon MC as hotheaded, overly protective, and very much putting on a brave face and pretending he's got everything under control while he's still trying to cope with all the "WHAT THE FUUUUUUCK" that comes with transformation. How well am I doing in Chapter 2? (yes, Chapter 2, I am slow and forgetful)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vy2nMa3I1sCAckyxFQOLh115s2VRvnGxRxkkKcVdWoI/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>26727724
Kind of hard actually. The stress of knowing that you're a different person while also on an unfamiliar area would make it pretty difficult to keep emotions under control, unless you purposely force them to retain their anger or have events distract them from being dickish.
>>
>>26727757
Oh, he's not retaining his anger well. He's snapping at people who are trying to help, and he's trying to distract himself by helping Aislin, as she's one of the few openly nice people he's seen. Wigglytuff is just confusing, Chatot's a cockgargler, Sunflora is paranoid, and Loudred's overly rough (or maybe he's just trying to find an excuse to dislike him after he insulted Rin once and "fucked up" by putting Ais on guard duty).
>>
File: 1425919083881.jpg (439KB, 580x780px) Image search: [Google]
1425919083881.jpg
439KB, 580x780px
>>26727724
Rather than try not to make your character sound like a dick, you could try to make the audience feel like his emotion is reasonable. You could push your character virtues (Protective, Brave) so far that they become vices (Attacking and Arrogant). This way, even though the character is hurting other people, he's doing it out of a misguided sense of justice. This also sets up for the opportunity for character growth.

>>26727387
I try, really I do. But every time I get the "spark" I just think, "Fuck, do I really want to waste time writing fanfiction when I could be writing something serious?"
>>
>>26724035

As the OR of the zoroark one, I believe in meme magic
>>
What are some of the comfiest fanfics you guys know about? This isn't necessary but I'd like for it to have a ninetales/absol/eeveelution in it, I like reading fanfics that feature my favourites.
In return here's the comfiest one I know of.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8232703/1/Amazing-Grace
>>
File: hitchcock presents.jpg (108KB, 790x1000px) Image search: [Google]
hitchcock presents.jpg
108KB, 790x1000px
>>26729230
>gardevoir
>>
>>26729367
Normally I'd agree with you but its actually quite a nice fanfic.
>>
>>26729367
>preferences

who would have known people like different things anon
>>
>>26727724
>>26727777
If a character comes across as a dick, it's because he's being a dick. If you don't want that, you have to tone back his behavior and have faith the the audience can pick up on a more subtle approach to expressing his character. Stressed or angry people don't just fly off the handle every time someone looks at them funny, but they certainly express themselves in a variety of ways such as sarcasm/snideness, restlessness, or being short with others.

Thoughts after reading:
Aislin's injury is referred to as being severe, but the actual injury described in both chapters sounds minor.

Aislin and Rin have not had any proper interaction so far, which is fine at this point, but Rin has already showed signs of the protectiveness you mentioned in chapter 2. We don't have any reason for him to act that way towards her specifically because they've barely said two words to one another.

Seeing as Aislin doesn't remember the previous night, I would expect her to comment on the human thing when they mention it casually at their morning meeting with the guildmaster - unless they told her before Rin showed up. Either way, we completely miss Aislin's lucid reaction to the info.
>>
Anyone have any recommendations for more NSFW pokemon x pokemon fics?
I have already read all those in the google doc
>>
>>26729605
In order:

The injury is actually rather severe. Consider: The gash is a little less than a foot long, when Ais herself is about two feet, and about half of that's tail. It cuts through many of her side muscles, some around her shoulder, and - while not that deep - did cut a few semi-major blood vessels. Chansey's healing magic might have pulled them together so she doesn't bleed out and toughened her up a little so she could walk without ripping herself apart, but she doesn't have the cushioning of muscle and fat over them that a healthy Eevee does - a nasty blow would split them open, and there's the very real risk of losing dangerous amounts of blood. Put it this way: The gash itself probably wouldn't kill her, you're right. The blood loss might, especially because she can't really elevate it above her heart or do many of the other things to avoid shock.

You have a very good point there. Rin's afflicted with chronic heroism syndrome, so he felt it was necessary to try and rescue the poor hurt Eevee; after that, she's still small, hurt, and (from his perspective) being unfairly treated by the Guild. His perspective will change, especially when Aislin actually agrees with Loudred as he's beating himself up over it later, but for now (I'm aiming for) he's desperate to do something he "knows," even if he doesn't know that he knows it. And he definitely knew helping people.

You...make an excellent point there, friend. I'll write up something about that when I can.
>>
boop
>>
Well that was an...interesting gameplay demo for e3
>>
File: 1449620888277.png (357KB, 854x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1449620888277.png
357KB, 854x1072px
>>
>>26728186
Same here.
>>
>>26729389
Agreed. Amazing grace is one of the few fics featuring gardevoir that I'd recommend besides gift of the protector as worthwhile reads.
>>
>>26737784
Is amazing grace the close to home story one?
>>
>>26729230
>Amazing Grace
Never have I been so sucked in by a first chapter only for the next few to fall completely flat
>>
>>26727889
>"Fuck, do I really want to waste time writing fanfiction when I could be writing something serious?"
Would probably depend on how bad you need that mtrainer/mpokemon fic in your life
>>
>>26727889
>writing fanfiction when I could be writing something serious?
You're blaming fan-fiction for your not taking your writing seriously.
>>
Requesting a fic a fic of Magearna based off of this discovery
>>26740146
>>
>>26730585
Will he be cured of his chronic hero syndrome?
>>
>>26741270
Of course not. He'll get the shit kicked out of him hard enough that he'll learn to be cautious about it, but he hates seeing people suffering if he can do something about it. He's gonna get fucked over so hard, I feel dirty thinking about it.
>>
File: 1442572230349.png (595KB, 600x687px) Image search: [Google]
1442572230349.png
595KB, 600x687px
>>
>>26729230
God that purple prose is atrocious. I can't get through the first chapter. The dialogue employs an obnoxious amount of anime theatrics.
>>
>>26742751
>Golett adventurer with talking sword buddy saving princess Leavanny
looks cute for a one-shot
>>
File: 1425359107650.png (552KB, 929x800px) Image search: [Google]
1425359107650.png
552KB, 929x800px
>>26739864
I don't think that's what I'm trying to do. I'm saying that I could write fanfiction, or I could choose to write something that could hopefully further my real life and become a career. I'm not incapable of taking fanfiction seriously, I just acknowledge that it probably won't be making me a lot of money.
>>
>>26745615
So you meant to say, "Fuck, do I really want to waste time writing fanfiction when I could be writing something marketable?"

Just change the proper names later when you decide that you need a dollar, as happened with Fifty Shades of Gray.
>>
>>26745780
>"Fuck, do I really want to waste time writing fanfiction when I could be writing something marketable?"
Yeah, basically. If I'm capable of writing a marketable story, that seems like a better use of my time to me. And the Fifty Shades of Gray treatment probably isn't the best plan for flaming, furry, pokemon fanfiction. That's just an opinion, though.
>>
>>26745993
You could try commissioning
>>26734629
need a story of that new Yungoose making Aloha great again
>>
Boop
>>
>>26745993
>flaming, furry, pokemon fanfiction
Just excise the Pokemon third of that and give Kyell Gold a run for his money. Ursa Major Awards be on notice!
>>
File: 1418254117350.png (84KB, 532x330px) Image search: [Google]
1418254117350.png
84KB, 532x330px
>>
>>26727724
don't hang around VGC.
>>
File: 1318427027171.jpg (15KB, 303x321px) Image search: [Google]
1318427027171.jpg
15KB, 303x321px
>>26749091
I know I shouldn't be surprised considering this is basically what I do as a hobby, but this is beyond my realm of expectations.
>>
File: Dark Matter anime cold.png (524KB, 590x600px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Matter anime cold.png
524KB, 590x600px
bump
>>
Um, Hi. New here. Suppose I have a fanfic idea that involves dolphin Pokemon. Does that seem lame? There's a lot more to the story than that of course but it just seems like that hasn't been done before.
>>
>>26754638
Nothing is lame until you write it and it turns out lame. No ideas are discounted in the hands of a skilled author. Bring us something of a product and we'd be able to tell whether or not it sucks.
>>
>>26754638
A fic about an OC Pokemon? Concept sounds interesting, although you'd have to make the effort to make sure not to fill the fic with a bunch of other OC mon, else you may as well make your own story.
>>
>>26754638
Which one? Lanturn? Gorebyss?
>>
>>26754703
an OC mon yes. And I don't intend on there being any other OC Pokemon besides the dolphin Pokemon and it's evolution. Plus the psuedo legendary orca Pokemon its sort of connected with. I'm not one for creating a whole Pokedex of Fakemons.
>>
>>26754771
Those aren't dolphin, they're fish. There are no canon dolphin Pokemon.
>>
File: tumblr_mhzro3ImRk1rr56cmo1_500.gif (1020KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mhzro3ImRk1rr56cmo1_500.gif
1020KB, 500x375px
>when you finally finish the chapter you spent a fucking year on
>>
>>26755606
You develop a strange mole near your left eye?
>>
>>26755545
Can you go into greater detail? I had a dream just like this, not even kidding.

Is the pseudo legendary pink?
>>
>>26757020
No I was going to throw a little bit of pink into its colorscheme but for the most part its black and white like a real orca. If I ever get around to drawing them I'll show you but for now everything is a concept.

I can tell you that the orca has the ability to travel through dimensions and dreams and watches over people and Pokemon. Like a demigod. OC trainer is connected to the orca which I have dubbed Orcocean through dreams. She's on a journey to meet this Pokemon and prove it exists based only on her dreams of it, which half the time she doesn't remember.
>>
>>26757400
Her mother was a marine biologist who first set out to hunt for Orcocean. Her intentions were pure in the beginning but as time dragged on she became so obsessed with Orcocean that she became like some sort of Captain Ahab. Not wanting to kill it mind you, but study it.
>>
>>26757440
and I don't know if I should post any more than that I don't want to give the entire story away
>>
>>26757688
If you're asking for opinion, I'm one to keep mum on my stories until they're ready for release. But by the sound of this, it could be a hell of a (rewarding if successful) challenge.
>>
>>26755606
Someday I'll achieve that dream
>>
Hm, it's been a while. I should get right back into writing. I just wish I could figure out how to get my stories started.
>>
>>26758498
In my experience, a paragraph often works well enough.
>>
>>26758972
It's largely just...what kind of paragraph starts a story? Everything I try just seems out of place, ya know? Call it...Creative constipation.
>>
>>26758498
Dolphinanon. That's the hardest thing for me right now. But choosing a starting point has always been a struggle for me. I just see so many paths in my mind where I can begin the story at it's hard to settle on just one.
>>
>>26758990
The kind that describes the earliest interesting incident that is relevant to the moral of your story.

If it's out of place, either you're starting too early (it isn't interesting yet) or too late (you missed something worth portraying) or it focuses on the wrong characters (too much attention on supporting cast or not enough on a lead). Or, you're just psyching yourself out.
>>
>>26758994
I know, right? I can have a great storyline laid out, but knowing where to start has always been the hardest thing for me.
>>
I'm glad this thread was spared from being pruned during the onslaught.
>>
>>26708455
I just read Diaphanus perception, and My god my life would never, ever be the same again, I have so many conflictiong emotions and no energy to do something about them, other than write this message and tell you, don't stop writing...ever. I really liked the way the characters, even though pokemon, felt more human and than a many other stories. I feel extremely inferior in ways i didn't know existed.

Anyways enough fangirling, stay classy dude.
>>
>>26758990
...is it a block?
>>
>>26761547
I just have difficulty starting up a story, mostly. That first paragraph is always the hardest.
>>
>>26760700
>don't stop writing...ever.
Four-thousand years from now in a little glass room at Ripley's, I'll be on exhibit: the ever-typing mummy, banging out hieroglyphs on a (still working) IBM keyboard.

>characters
Maggie appears a few times in Eternally Vernal, including near the conclusion. Its due revisions have gone as well as I think I can get them (that's a statement of despair but I'm used to that sensation not affecting my work's reception) so I will probably finish posting its final 2½ chapters soon.

>I feel extremely inferior in ways i didn't know existed.
In other words, you've discovered new ways to evaluate a work, and that you ought to sharpen your writing skills to become better regarded in those ways.

>classy
A goal to which I aspire, but fall short of in times of pressure.

>>26763004
>That first paragraph is always the hardest.
For me, it's the easiest. Being naturally a moment of establishment, without concern for pacing of the plot, I can open on any scene with people doing things that I don't have to explain explicitly. I can have characters talking through a hole in the wall, or slogging through the snow, or beginning a testimony, or not-noticing nature around themselves as I let my narrator describe it poetically.

It's your one moment of freedom. The blank page should on its own be, but for want of one idea, a provocation to write.
>>
>>26763290
Heh, that's kinda my problem. I can start anywhere, but what place is the good place to start? It's...a bit overwhelming and I'm not sure how to get over it.
>>
>mfw I'm hungry enough that I can't get ideas into mind to keep writing.

>mfw I can't go out to eat yet because I'm at the office.

Who else think or even write at work?
>>
>>26763785
You can't start anywhere, although you can start with anything.

>>>UNDERSTAND the precise extents of your core plot arc down to the second.

Cases in point:

Can't Escape's plot-line is defined by beginning at the moment that Sneasel finds an opportunity to escape her circumstance and ending at the moment Fiona realizes that she has done so. A compromise, I decided that respecting the plot's bounds was important enough to offset the difficulty that my reader suffers by being introduced (often thinly) to ten named characters in one large scene that leaves half of said characters somewhat mysterious.

Waterlogged, in my mind and how I imagine it as a graphic novel, certainly begins on the Pembroke, best at the moment that Something Happens which led it to its fate, but as wrote, Waterlogged is not about the story, but about the diary—more precisely, it's about You, a person in the Hollingsmoth Museum, reading the diary (or its facsimile on display). Thus it must begin when a pen touched the book's pages. The epilogue is a tiny short story about somebody who has too lived that experience, but with a personal connection in addition.

Nor Gloom of Night opens on a gimmick, Ford speaking candidly with his confidant. NGON uses a standard arc starter, typical-day-goes-wrong, so I made it distinguished with Sabrina's visit. This implies that a given day before (or after) would be more-boring to open on before the plot action began, and it also gives me an opportunity to define Ford immediately through personality and behavior: we meet him through his conversation before see him through the lens of his job. That moment of fraternity makes the difference between Ford being drawn into a friend's conflict while working and he some mail carrier being drawn into a client's conflict.

Eternally Vernal is the story before the story (LL). Not merely a prequel, it's a display of how far back the next useful starting point resides.
>>
Someone give me any combination of 2 pokeboys and pokegirls with your favorite /d/ tier fetish.

I'll try writing a fapfic out of it if your request is in tune with my kinks enough. Don't be shy. The weirder, the better.
>>
>>26764900
I get ideas at work sometimes, I think that's where ACPC came from actually. Now if only I could get past a paragraph that's making me half want to scrap the whole project.
>>
>>26765247
Scrap the paragraph instead.
>>
>>26765172

Red. Cynthia. Public impregnation.

If you wanted two other boys and girls, then Gold and Valerie.
>>
>>26765295
I should, and probably will, I guess I was just fixated on trying to salvage it.
>>
File: tumblr_o4bic6yCeh1r1askwo1_1280.jpg (104KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4bic6yCeh1r1askwo1_1280.jpg
104KB, 1000x800px
Eternally Vernal, Chapter 9: Until Unspoken To.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6400045/chapters/16388053
>>
>>26765304
Public sex is cool and I guess I'll do this if no one else presents an alternative, but I'd like something a bit more hardcore for the central fetish.
>>
>>26765941
Handcuffs and trees/posts/the like make this all better. Hooray for bondage.
>>
File: Flannery-03.jpg (22KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Flannery-03.jpg
22KB, 640x480px
>>26755606
Great to see you are back in action, Butler. Fellow fic writers tend to give me inspiration. Could call it contagious. You especially, considering your perseverance in updating your story. Thanks.
>>
Quick question for a fic I'm writing. What is the extent of knowledge pokémon have of humans in the PMD universe? It seems as if they know they exist, but are just regarded as some sort of mythical creature/fairy tale?
>>
>>26768280
it varies depending on the game
First game: Human's don't really exist, though there is one other who was confirmed to be human Gengar
Second game: Humans existed in Primal Dialga Future, are probably a rarity in the past or something, but otherwise no other known humans hung around
Third game: Humans existed, but are taken from their world and transformed into Pokemon that Kyurem kills and sends said humans back to their world
Don't know about fourth game.
>>
>>26768280
Mostly it's implied that they used to exist, but somehow don't anymore, and are mostly known as the stuff of fairytales in-universe.
>>
>>26768362
>>26768280
The fourth game is very particular about the main character's origin as a humanity, mainly that you're very much not an average human ripped from their middle school adventures. Super also connects all the other games while having some pokemon reference the main characters of other games. Hydreigon goes as far so to completely shatter the fourth wall as they typically did in their respective game.

I'd say ancient legends and stories of the heroic influences of humanity are the extent of it.
>>
>>26765641
Praise jesus
>>
>>26771331
Wow, that's pretty high praise, calling cge Jesus. He must be flattered.
>>
File: minccino.png (1MB, 1202x792px) Image search: [Google]
minccino.png
1MB, 1202x792px
bedtime bump
>>
le bump

keep this shit going, it's gotten good
>>
>>26769798
it'd be kinda awesome if it were possible to link all the save data's from previous games to encounter your old teams
>>
>>26754073
dark matter brings up a curious question about mind control/possession I had in general.

What if the manipulator had forgotten that he had mind control powers...while in the middle of manipulation (along with the victim forgetting that he/she is being controlled)?
>>
>>26772793
His work deserves it.
>>
>>26776005
I suppose it'd pang of Being John Malkovich without the boring parts, experienced instantly and indefinitely.

>>26772793
>>26776373
My works have not cured the blind; merely offered unexpected visions to those willing to see.
I also have yet to turn a prophet.
>>
>>26769798
>stories of the heroic influences
This would make grudge against humanity in PMD a little...difficult
>>
>>26777664
I don't recall a grudge ever being present.
I also don't recall half the fucking games, so I'm probably wrong here. It's probably a cultural thing made separate by different continents.
>>
Boop
>>
>>26717564
I'm not the usual guy who does recap, but I don't think recaps ever discriminate based on content of the fic, just so as long as it was made by someone on /vp/
>>
File: 1421635552965.png (997KB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
1421635552965.png
997KB, 1280x905px
Managed to finish a new chapter taking place in Goldenrod - a fine city to visit. The next chapter will be there too, I am currently working on it.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10121590/12/Gift-of-the-Protector-Radiant-Heart

SFW
>>
>>26776565
>turn a prophet

Oh, you card
>>
File: that one weird fic.png (129KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
that one weird fic.png
129KB, 350x350px
Bedtime bumpo
>>
>>26785529
>pic name
reminds me of that snippet of some lass having her way from Farfetch's leek, only to get killed by said pokemon in the end
>>
>>26782689
Out of curiosity, do I have to read the previous entries of the gift of the protector to understand everyrhing going on?
>>
How would Pokémon with jobs work? As in, Pokémon employed in the same position a human could occupy. I've been mulling over this for some time, because it's central to something I'm writing. cge seems to have his own ideas about this, with the mailman Dragonite of a rural town, and that little restaurant slash mafia headquarters that's run entirely by Pokémon, but I'm not sure how far to push the envelope for my own purposes. I can see Pokémon doing less prestigious jobs like cashiering at a family business or working under the police, but how high of a position could one feasibly occupy? I imagine psychics would be banned from investment banking, but would it demand too much of the reader to put, say, a capable Ludicolo in a job that would require a human either a degree or some fantastic nepotism?
>>
>>26787142
>Out of curiosity, do I have to read the previous entries of the gift of the protector to understand everyrhing going on?

The first two arcs, Fractured Unity and Pristine Embrace, set things up since the fiction is occurring within an alternate universe. You don't need to read all of the side stories under that pen name to understand what is going on, as some are superfluous in regards to reiterating themes present in the overall plot by placing the characters in different lights; however, I'd certainly recommend the first two aforementioned arcs for background since the current arc titled Radiant Heart is the definitive conclusion to those. The expositions, or chapter 1s, in each of the arcs does aim to provide recap because the entire story is a moderate length, but these are not necessarily written to function as a summary to substitute for reading.

The story itself is a journey so I'd say understanding is different from going through it. To me that would be like flying over the mountain rather than hiking on through.
>>
>>26787407
How would Pokémon be able to function as workforce in a human world depends mainly on two factors of your setting:

* How much are they recognized as independent. Are they recognized as able to make decisions? Does society consider them accountable for it in the civil (not legal) perspective? Does society consider them independent enough to choose a live away from (after) a Trainer?

* How much the recognition above is backed up with legal standing. Can Pokémon own land or inherit goods? Can they keep and trade currency? Invest in their own retirement? Can they be considered witness or suspects in a case, and if so, do they have right to trial by their peers?

For example, in my setting where Pokémon are sapient but not as much as humans are by default, I take a mixed approach depending on how "close" do Pokémon live to humans. Certain Pokémon are allowed to legally own land and goods, provided there is a tradeoff via the services they provide with that land or goods - this usually comes in the form of eg.: a Kadabra that kept ownership of a caretaking center from her Trainer will participate in running the accounting of the place or running psych eval in the hiring process.

What determines if you can own land is, in general terms, if the humans you have lived with have owned land before. In other world, it's requires that Pokémon are "used to" the concept, which usually comes as being part of a family that has spent more than just a couple generations with humans.

(cont'd)
>>
>>26787407
Welcome to Pokemon Civics 101.

Superficially the matter reduces to "Pokemon can have a job if it's funny." Making it central thrusts upon you tough decisions about Pokemon's role in society and then you see how Pokemon employment is and isn't feasible.

Ocimene is (by most of my stories' timelines) about thirty years into a cultural revolution caused by the Speech T.M. catastrophe. Before that, Ocimene is distinguished from canon regions by being populated partially by "IRL" peoples (cf. LL18, G. V., citing local folklore: "…first the island, and later the region, from distant origin as well as nearby…") that brought diversity of attitude. Then, Speech T.M. happens, greatly enhancing the mental capacity of afflicted pokemon and in a generation, adding a challenging civil rights issue.

Are your Pokemon citizens? Must Meowth report use of pay-day quarterly on a 1040-ES? Does Stoutland get arrested for public urination when caught watering a fireplug?

If they are not so ascended, where do they fit? Equivalent to family farm labor? Equivalent to enslaved farm labor? Are they livestock? If Cryogonal is watching the counter at a convenience store and is shot by a robber, is it a charge of murder, cruelty to animals, or damage to an ice sculpture?

Your question is one only you can answer, after you finish coming to realize what your story's pokemon world is like. Right now, you've got the seed of a story (Arubaito Pokemon) but you haven't a garden in which to plant it. Determine your story's moral, design a pokemon world where that moral is informative, and then you can figure out what a Pokemon's employment prospects therein must be.
>>
>>26788186

High-skill jobs have no intrinsic reason to be human-exclusive, if the requirements for the job map well from humans to Pokémon. How do you translate "experience in law enforcement"? Maybe time served asguard for their pack? "Risk-assessment and planning"? Maybe service provided as a provider / liaison for other Pokémon in the city? "Quantum decoherence"? Maybe harder, but have you asked an Alakazam to hep checking the error margins for a quantum teleportation experiment? They do have experience with teleportation...

Think of the construction of a dam or a mining shaft for example, while there would be human engineers and planners, risk assessment would be run by Pokémon as well, as they are attuned to see key local factors that humans can not. Even before approval for the plans, they'd have to be consulted with the local population, if they are sapient and aware enough, to make sure you are not trampling on more than you're supposed to; skip that step, something like the anime episode with the Digletts happens and then you go tell your stockholders that you had to abort a project worth $ because you didn't bother to run the small investment of... asking Pokémon.

A Pokémon can be a cashier, if you consider that "low", but is just as able to help with cash count and store security - the semantics are much similar. Maybe hiring process too: emphatic evaluation, detection of substance usage, etc. There's no intrinsic reason to ban a Psychic from investment banking, unless Psychics are OP in your setting (>inb4 Psychic OP pasta). As for that Ludicolo, what part of the job requires a degree and how do the requirements for it map to Pokémon skills? Remember that the most useful use of "a degree", right now, is to apply for a slot in the local McDonalds.

tl;dr: Evaluate how well integrated are Pokémon services to the human component of your setting.

(This goes for both sides of the coin - at least, in my settings I do humans for Pokémon as well)
>>
So /vpwt/, what are you writing/wanting to write?
>>
File: cory_in_the_house-show.jpg (74KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
cory_in_the_house-show.jpg
74KB, 333x250px
>>26787407
My advice would be to create a believable world. What that means will depend wildly based on the fiction you're penning. For that matter you'll need to answer a few threshold questions. Do people and Pokemon co-exist? What rights does a person have and how do they differ from Pokemon? Are trainers by their role in society considered ubermensch?

Personally I would not put Pokemon in charge of important tasks usually left to the state such as governance. Such a thing if it does exist would best be concealed lest the people find out they are being manipulated by creatures that are typically trained by others for combat. And wouldn't that also mean that Pokemon trainers are capable of taking over the world with a collection of Master Balls? It could make for an interesting dynamic if you play it right (Ex. have a highly intelligent Pokemon pulling the strings from the shadows akin to a puppeteer instead of a charismatic politician) but it screams disbelief to me at first blush.

I like the idea of giving Pokemon menial tasks and chores to accomplish during their training. Helps build character and I could visualize the concept being prevalent in both rural and urban environments. Also, it's free labor. Trainers might even get paid if their Pokemon does a good job, which in turn would equate to more money for spending on their training, TMs, vitamins, berries, whathaveyou. Good synergy set-up there if you ask me.

>>26789955
Checked. My next chapter of Radiant Heart.
>>
>>26789955
>writing
At the moment, wbj stuff, Interim which is more or less paused because of the above, and a rewrite of a small story regarding TA/TM.

>wanting to write
Nido fluff, as practice.
>>
>>26789955
I'm writing for /co/ right now, getting back to threads I've neglected for a few months too long. After that, though, I should transition back into something PMD and get back to actually producing for here proper. It's the easiest and more inspired subject I have in the end. Between the sheer output of whatever PMD-related thing I do and slogging through difficult sections of text in whatever else remains a particularly big leap in productivity and interest. Whereas I make it minimal that I create three pages a day on anything else, with Ears I was able twice to go nine pages within an 8 hour period.
>>
>>26789955
I've been staring at ACPC intently and wondering why nothing's coming out of my fingers.
>>
>>26788186
>>26788282
>>26788320
>>26789978
Thanks, this is really helpful. The two things I'm focusing on in this story are:

1. A good ol' role-reversal, in which a Pokémon sort of becomes the keeper of a human (under friendly circumstances)
2. A mon who has spent years believing itself free from human control coming to terms with the fact that this was never true, and that it will always be legally vulnerable to humans.

While it takes place in the same 'verse as my other fics, I'm going at it with the idea that Unova may not have the same Pokémon's rights laws as, say, Kalos. I'm trying to think of how America would treat Pokémon's rights IRL.
>>
>>26790591
>I'm trying to think of how America would treat Pokémon's rights IRL.
Depends. is PETA or Poké!Trump a thing? Which one is worse?
>>
>>26790636
I'm trying to make it slightly better than it would be in real life. I'm not about to go full Astro Boy on the whole "inhuman servants rise up and rally for rights equal to humans".
>>
>>26790818
Throw in a scientist that invented a device allowing them to talk like humans that is rallying for the 'mons and we're good.
>>
>>26790636
>is PETA or Poké!Trump a thing? Which one is worse?
Are you kidding?
PETA terminates ("releases") pokemon so they won't suffer from having trainers anymore.
-vs-
Trump is going to make the League great again.

No contest.

>>26790591
I think those two plot pivots can work, but you must be careful about where you put your conflicts. Will you make the human the MacGuffin while the conflict is Caretaker Pokemon versus Human Society, or vice versa, the conflict being the role-reversal being seen through how that oddity chafes against society?
>>
File: 12746.jpg (59KB, 636x382px) Image search: [Google]
12746.jpg
59KB, 636x382px
>>26790636
Why would you mind having a PokeTrump? He'd fit right in.

When I think of PokeversePETA, I think of the misguided ambitions spurred by N's idealism, which cuts off any ties to truth.

Unfortunately fiction and politics rarely intersect in the material I've read. Could go for some commentary on such things in stories even if they were completely made up. At the very least it would help the world become less static.
>>
>>26792190
>MacGuffin
I feel like I need to have a sit-down discussion with someone in order to fully understand this god-forsaken term. Based on what I've read, though, I don't believe the human is a MacGuffin. In terms of the role-reversal, it isn't that the human cannot get by on their own (quite the opposite, given their background and occupation), it's just that through shenanigans related to said occupation, they end up under the same roof as the Pokémon. The role-reversal isn't really the main conflict (until I think of even greater suffering to inflict on the characters using that vulnerability). The main conflict is the protagonists' and the antagonist's individual struggles for control over their own lives, and how their paths cross in that endeavor.
>>
>>26793329
>sit-down discussion
If you want, but you could also just ask for a brief.

A McGuffin is, basically, an element in a story (not necessarily an item!) that is there primarily to inject drive into the plot. When the story reaches a certain point (it can even be the very beginning), it moves forward not because the characters have any agency, but because the McGuffin is a thing.

A human doesn't need to be constrained and unable to be on their own to be a McGuffin. Though that doesn't really apply to your scenario anyway because

> it's just that through shenanigans related to said occupation, they end up under the same roof as the Pokémon.

They have to live together, act together and influence the story together (even if separately), so he is not a McGuffin.
>>
>>26793329
A MacGuffin is a plot device that has no intrinsic meaning and serves only to excuse your telling a story.

Explaining my question:
A) The story could be about a Pokemon challenging a society that affords it no civil rights. The caretaker aspect is an excuse for this Pokemon to be the Chosen One who challenges the status quo.
B) The story could be about a Pokemon serving as a guardian for a legal-adult human. The reversed role excuses this Pokemon's performing duties that require civic recognition.

A and B are different stories because they are distinct in terms of "what's it about?" But A could have different plot devices (MacGuffins) to excuse pushing that Pokemon into a the role a human ought to serve. Likewise, B could find other excuses for society to allow a Pokemon's role in life to blur into what is typically a human's role.

The details you supplement now suggest that what this story is actually about is examining the same drive to seize agency over one's life from two perspectives that look upon each other through a grass's-always-greener lens: The "human world" to the pokemon patronizes pokemon and accommodates humans, but to the human it is antagonistic under circumstances where it cossets a pokemon; the "pokemon's life" is to the pokemon restrictive per the whims of trainers, but luxurious and carefree when considered by a human that must work to earn money to support the pokemon unconditionally.

So maybe that's what your story is about. I'm not sure because you haven't written it yet.
>>
Can somebody recommend some good anime-based fics? I've mostly read ones based on the games, so I want to read something a little different. Fics that combine canons are alright too.
>>
>>26793732
Yes, it's definitely much more of B and your subsequent description of two parties' endeavor to seize personal agency in a setting in which "the grass is always greener" becomes a common thought for them.
>>
Can anyone give me ideas on how to describe a pokemon learning its first psychic moves? The struggles/type of training/general feel of using it
>>
File: 1386605842125.png (63KB, 326x428px) Image search: [Google]
1386605842125.png
63KB, 326x428px
>>26795376
Well depending on how you view psychic types you have a plethora of options to choose from. Here are a few ideas.

You might want to describe it in a way that focuses on the strange unfamiliarity of seeing an object move with nothing but thought. Keep the reader engaged by stressing how peculiar it feels and explaining the sensation. First person perspective helps, but it's not necessary. Have them screw up a few times too so they need to practice/learn to control it. For a reader attempting to relate, this would perhaps be reminiscent of learning how to ride a bicycle for the first time.

Or you could also just make it random; like a spur of the moment teleport when they're scared or something. Could lead to some embarrassing and compromising situations that way. This way leads to more humorous anecdotes that practically write themselves I've found.

You could additionally incorporate the power's interplay with other five senses such as sight, smell, touch, taste, or hearing. Maybe they hear a ringing in their ears, feel goosebumps all over, or -my personal favorite- see an array of colors as they use those powers. The only limit is your imagination and what you're willing to explain.

I really hope that helps you in some way. I've mulled over this topic quite a bit myself to be honest.
>>
>>26795567
Cool, you got anything for the other types? Writing a story revolving around a human turned Mew who starts with no moves. Got the inspiration from the pound Mew distribution.
>>
when psychic pokemon teleport do they die and recreate themselves in the process
>>
>>26795868
If you're going for the Star Trek approach of deconstructing you atom for atom and reassembling you a distance away with memories and personality intact, then yes, they "die" in a strict sense but not a loose one.

Alternatively, you can go for a more fucky approach about wormholes being torn open through psychic energy alone, but that opens up a whole new can of worms.
>>
>>26793844
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PtN4D_9CSw8JJ9uO6v0oQqdtKEkS8aFAvfxqI96XfSE/edit?usp=sharing
the ones that are anime-centric are usually Ash related. You still want the recommendations anyway?
>>
have bump
>>
File: lolrockwarps.png (1MB, 1566x881px) Image search: [Google]
lolrockwarps.png
1MB, 1566x881px
>>26795868
Like I mentioned in the chat, it mostly depends on what a teleport "is".

If it requires materially disappearing from a place and you don't have access to higher dimensions than the 3rd (4th), then it likely requires "dying" in a sense of material (and likely spiritual) disassembly. However, if you have ready access to higher dimensions, or a practical way to perform energy-mass conversions, which are both things that are naturally available to Pokémon depending on the interpretation of the setting, then it is unlikely that teleporting requires disassembly, and in this case it would behave closer to decohering or deprojection.

>>26795893
Wormholes opened naturally by Pokémon are also a thing in Pokémon, though... let's just say the implementation is about as crappy as one can think of (lol Hoppa, lol pic related).
>>
Has anything came out of my Illumise story request a couple threads back?
>>
>>26795868
>>26795893
>>26798397

Temporary wormholes using mass energy conversion is usually the way I interpret it. I already have several uses revolving around the manipulation of spacetime via gravity in my fic so it works out.
>>
I'm thinking of changing up my fic. I have a hard time writing in third person present. Should I switch over to first person past (what I'm comfortable with) or tough it out and git gud a third person present.
>>
>>26802067
Which is the correct perspective for the story you want to tell?
>>
>>26802288
I feel either could work.
>>
>>26802418
Why not Third Past or First Present, then?
>>
>>26802569
those are too difficult for me.
>>
>>26802633
I rephrase.
* If either Third Present or First Past could work, then why would not Third Past or First Present?
>>
>>26802711
I guess there's no reason not to do either of those.
>>
>>26802724
Choose an important but reasonably short scene. Write it in all four perspectives. Judge them according to how effectively they communicate the important details to the reader and how infrequently you are forced to fudge the rules or omit something meaningful.
>>
File: image.jpg (99KB, 600x594px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 600x594px
Do we have any (NSFW) fics of pic related?
>>
>>26803371
there's a guy who is spending eternity writing some yandere Zinnia, but otherwise no.
>>
So, writefriends, how intelligent are Pokémon? According to the scientific hearsay I've accumulated by living with an autistic domestic animals generally develop to the mental level of 3 year old human children. Thus, I imagine that Pokémon, obviously smarter than your average housecat, are somewhere around teenagers in terms of mental capacity when fully matured.
>>
>>26805426
varies depending on species is probably the best guess.
>>
>>26805426
Sounds about accurate, possibly a little too high. Pokémon in canon are easy to satisfy and/or control, which implies limited intelligence. Fully sapient Pokémon are purely fanfiction material. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with that, but the vast majority of people who want Pokémon to be fully sapient fail to realize that that invariably breaks the setting (and thus fail to adjust for it) and they end up with results that reduce the existence of sapient Pokémon to convenience/fetish enabling, or some bullshit kiddie cartoon morality tale ("Humans are Evil™").
>>
File: 1466131443434.jpg (12KB, 190x380px) Image search: [Google]
1466131443434.jpg
12KB, 190x380px
>>26805426
I'd give a majority of them about 1 cockatoo of intelligence
>>
>>26805545
"Four legs good, two legs bad."
>>
>>26805708
What about bipeds?
>>
>>26805426
First define intelligence, that's as usual the key issue.

If anything, they are more broadly aware to sensory input than humans, so likely their thought process somewhat accounts for that extra breadth (somewhat; there's lots of things that need to filter out naturally if you want a good night of sleep).

If anything, they are quite better at problem-solving than crows, who are according to current research our likeliest next overlords. Tool craft and usage seems to mostly be limited by physiology, which makes sense. Depending on what one means with "full sapience" (i presume "full self-awareness"?) that might be right out of the question for anything past certain evolved mons or Legendaries. Abstract concept propagation, such as extension or delegation of inheritance / ownership, might mark a good indicator to where their intelligence seems to cap at; not even PMD specials seem to handle the fact that the societies Pokémon have are continuing ones.
>>
Anyone know any decent pokegirl stories? I got the sudden urge to read one a few days ago and it won't stop.
>>
>>26766443
Thanks.

I just couldn't leave something unfinished. I wouldn't be able to do it.
>>
File: 1461711238724.png (111KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1461711238724.png
111KB, 500x300px
>>26803552
I definitely did not forget about this project, mostly because pic related stares at me every day. I've just been swamped to hell and back with getting my shit in order. Progress is happening, slowly though; I've got a pretty rough outline of the plot.
>>
>>26805426
Intelligent enough that you should worry less about yours stealing your shoes and more so your car
keys.
>>
File: 1460938213948.gif (2MB, 300x209px) Image search: [Google]
1460938213948.gif
2MB, 300x209px
>>26805545
I'm sorry in advance if this sounds like an asshole response.

>Fully sapient Pokémon are purely fanfiction material
>Pokémon in canon are easy to satisfy and/or control, which implies limited intelligence
What is Mewtwo?
What is Alakazam?

I get what you're trying to say but seriously, some Pokemon are crafty as hell and even downright philosophical.

Also being obedient doesn't equal unintelligent.

Ok, I'm done ranting.
>>
>>26807710
>What is Mewtwo?

I was referring to the main games, since that is the most commonly used source. The anime does have its outliers, which are exactly that, outliers. (IIRC the games do to, but even fewer of them.)
Vidya Mewtwo is not shown or even implied to be a genius like in the anime.

>What is Alakazam?

First, Pokédex entries sometimes contain blatant nonsense.
Second, "5000 IQ" doesn't meant anything. Actual IQ tests don't scale that far. You also never see any actual examples of an Alakazam acting in a way that indicates that kind of intelligence. (Definitely not in the main games.)
The description compares it to a super-computer. The machine you're posting this from has more processing power and likely more persistent memory than your brain. That doesn't make it sapient.

>being obedient doesn't equal unintelligent

Accepting leadership (and never ever questioning it) because you were defeated in combat implies an underdeveloped or nonexistant civilization. With this being the norm, the average Pokémon can't be that intelligent in ways we as humans would consider as such.

Even if you consider the anime, Pokémon in general don't seem to be smarter than human children.

If you want the average Pokémon to have mental capabilities comparable to humans', you're stepping outside of what the canon shows. Again, nothing wrong with that, but you need to be aware that you're doing it or you get bad results.
>>
>>26807839
Your points are valid but your position is fragile.

>What is Mewtwo
In the animation/cinema, Mewtwo needs to be a sapient character to make for a marginally interesting story.
In the games, Mewtwo needs not to be a sapient character because were he one, he would be either uncooperative (useless as a game element) or you would have to play through a quest to "tame" him or at least earn his respect, after which the reward would be his cooperation which makes him just another pokemon, losing what made him distinguished.

Mewtwo is a statement that pokemon are complicated, mysterious, dangerously powerful yet still able to be reasoned with if approached the right way (omit: arguing the quality of approaches explored in Pokemon media).

>What is Alakazam.
Pokedex entries are folklore per canon so admitting them anyway…
A pokemon with a mental power that manifests so differently that it is not well measured by familiar means. Because IQ testing uses the ever dangerous division sign with "age in years" beneath it, any young-enough subject can earn an IQ score that is "off the scale"; in practice, tests are designed for age groups that quantize the input and stabilize the output, but theoretically could give a one-year-old Alakazam a five-year-old's IQ test and he earned ten times the points, it'd be a 5000. Likewise, the brain-like-a-computer is a reversal of the 20th century "computer as a mechanical super brain" meme, and is more meaningful in a figurative than literal sense.

>Accepting leadership (when) defeated
It's civilized of the victor (primitives slay or enslave, not admit) and rational of the victim (can't beat 'em, join 'em; or lose again without mercy). Failure to rebel is encouraged by inferior intellect but does not require it; dog and bird behaviors show enough intellect to choose to rebel, but dogs rarely do and birds are smart enough to choose to whom they will be jerks. Wild pokemon are uneducated, but that doesn't mean they lack capacity.
>>
Granting pokemon sapient capacity doesn't cause a problem on its own, but provides an opportunity for Pokemon to, through reasoning, perceive a problem with their station in their society. For my stories, I boiled it down to answering: "How does Trainer X respond when X's most familiar pokemon says, 'No, Master.'?" It distinguishes disobedience (Ash's Charizard, not enough badges) from defiance, and creates an immediate conflict that may be resolved in many ways, several of which I've explored, from both the perspective of those for whom this ability to defy is alien and regionally endemic.

The shortest path to "bad results" I believe is forgetting that you're writing for Pokemon. Many I've read have taken a pokemon, added sapience, forgotten, and turned them into people in pokemon costumes. We forgive this when the story is good, but just because humanity has a well-understood history of subjugation, rebellion, enslavement, and unification under sundry forms of leadership/command doesn't mean that Pokemon react the same way under like conditions.

To wit, we know Pokemon typically mind their own business and aggregate along species lines when it promotes survival in the wild, but they respect and obey authority figures that promote their well-being, and are not afraid of conflict, deriving self-esteem through sporting combat. More-intelligent birds exhibit their traits more strongly (e.g., birds that can solve spatial puzzles, when intelligent, create tools) so imparting intellect upon a Pokemon should likewise strengthen their traits; stronger loyalty, more drive to succeed in sporting combat, and yes, in the wild a greater sense of community.

This is the path I've followed in my writing. It certainly isn't the only feasible one, but I think it stays truest to the spirit of Pokemon as a genre: That when you give your partner Pokemon the ability to say "No!" to you and he does, he does it because he's worried you're making a mistake, not to usurp your authority.
>>
File: 885583634.png (210KB, 376x372px) Image search: [Google]
885583634.png
210KB, 376x372px
>Reading "Travele"r update
>Mega Metagross out of nowhere

mfw

That's one thing I'd hope it wouldn't get introduced since some things are OP as they are.
>>
>>26806511
anything in particular you are looking for?
>>
>>26796348
If its a good read, then yes.
>>
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11705350/1/Chance

Found link related yesterday and read through what exists so far. It isn't the greatest fic but it was an okay read and now I have a craving for novelizations, OC trainer fics, and reset fics.
>>
File: tumblr_o1k9qsREG01rvs7gdo1_1280.jpg (46KB, 614x491px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1k9qsREG01rvs7gdo1_1280.jpg
46KB, 614x491px
The season has changed. The story is over.
Eternally Vernal, Chapter 10 and Epilogue.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6400045/chapters/16478323
>>
>AO3

I've been trying to get an invite from the site for the last... month, actually, so far nothing.

Worth it to keep trying?
>>
>>26814238
>worth it
AO3? Definitely worth it.
>>
File: 1452545224466.gif (462KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
1452545224466.gif
462KB, 500x383px
>>26814238
Well you've made a request right? Make another and keep on hoping they let you into their pearly gates. I have an AO3 account from 3 years ago (and that took over 2 months to secure one) but I never update there just because it feels like a hassle compared to FFN. Maybe I should though. I'm wondering if you get an influx of different readers that way.
>>
>>26814238
Yes.
+ Unicode is respected.
+ You can use multiple pen names on one account.
+ Page format is kind on the eyes.
+ Features are mostly well-implemented, rather than shoe-horned in or left wanting.
– No private message system even though it's a site dedicated to little text files. No PM does keep it more strictly an archive, but it is not conducive to the kind of feedback/response authors like ourselves enjoy.
– Tiny bug when I edit a submission involving empty paragraphs around horizontal rules.
>>
>>26814350
>+ Unicode is respected.
>+ Page format is kind on the eyes.

Well I guess I'll keep trying then.
>>
Browsing AO3 is a huge pain. It's set up in way that should give users more control in how they search, but the filtering system often doesn't work or is ineffective due to the variety of user created tags representing the same or similar things.The odd formatting and lack of tag suggestion when filtering out tags makes things even more difficult.
>>
>>26814199
Dammit, I'm tearing up. I didn't recall enough of the early chapters of Love Lost to remember Gates' fate. Three of Warden's fathers leaving him is just too much. Commendable work, cge, you heart-wrenching fuck. I thought the MC death would stop with Waterlogged. Is there at least anything happier to come?
>>
>>26815910
>Is there at least anything happier to come?
Maybe. I started an idea, not knowing where it wanted to go, then I restarted it earlier in its timeline, and now it's a 27k word intro and I haven't even gotten to the part where braixen meets snivy, which I decided on before PMD (apparently) made it an overdone thing. @_@ Worse, I changed the cast around so the first-draft material has to be revised or binned. What a ride.

With E/V in the can, I've just tonight re-opened its files for a read-through. But instead of reading mostly I'm watching an obstacle course game show on television.
>>
File: 1465688437860 (1).png (233KB, 540x648px) Image search: [Google]
1465688437860 (1).png
233KB, 540x648px
>>26816220
>Doggo Snek
>Overdone thing

My meme is dead, but I am not.
>>
File: 4f2zx.gif (923KB, 210x202px) Image search: [Google]
4f2zx.gif
923KB, 210x202px
>>
>>26815745
I don't think I've quite got their system down yet either, which is a shame because their layout is loads better than fanfiction's is when it comes to actually reading.
>>
File: 250px-Lumiose_City.png (191KB, 250x336px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Lumiose_City.png
191KB, 250x336px
Muse woke up finally, finished chapter one of Au Coup Par Coup, readable here: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12009986/1/Au-Coup-Par-Coup

Here's to hoping I can pull off mystery, occultism, meaningful development and the terrific consequences of forgetting what you're talking to and hanging around.
>>
File: 1457432468674.png (56KB, 558x558px) Image search: [Google]
1457432468674.png
56KB, 558x558px
>>26815745
Yeah the search system is a huge pain in the ass. But hey. Can't argue with having a place where almost anything goes in terms of fanfiction
>>
File: despair.png (56KB, 280x370px) Image search: [Google]
despair.png
56KB, 280x370px
>>26814199
It wouldn't be a CGE story if half the main cast weren't dead or otherwise removed from their former lives by the end of it.
>>
>>26706895

I have an intresting idea for an story that involves around about a male pokemon in a 100% female ratio species trying to find a female lover in his own species but having a hard time getting one because the females dont want to be accuse of being gay in other Pokemon's eyes.

I thought this idea was charming and interesting. But what do you guys think?
Is it...
Good?
Bad?
Cringeworthy?
>>
>>26820746
Honestly I'm not too fond of the other female's reasoning, especially if the designated male has a different design compared to the rest of the line like your pic. It'd make a bit more sense if they all look the same regardless of gender.

Might be interesting if done good though.
>>
>>26820746
As usual with ideas like this, the premise of the story isn't the actual thing I'm interested in from the pitch. I'd like to hear more about
>a male pokemon in a 100% female ratio species
because that should in theory not happen at all given that flexible egg groups allow such single-gendered Pokemon to propagate. Also, I find the idea that the females would reject him solely based on the "no homo" card laughable; I think he'd be Big Pimpin' with his entire local population after his flowery dong, a la Ganon (as from OoT, as the Gerudo King).

In summary, I think your premise is flawed but it could still lead to something interesting anyway if you execute it right. Just be careful not to handwave interesting situations like the one I detailed too hard.
>>
>>26820746
Sounds weird how the issue you want it to be about is homosexuality, not the fact that it involves something that's not 'supposed' to exist.
>>
File: 1462122371333.jpg (275KB, 1518x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1462122371333.jpg
275KB, 1518x2048px
>>26820787
I know that. The picture was just an example.

>>26820801
Thanks! And Im quite excited making this story! I just feel quite looking forward of the female florges reaction and interaction towards them.
But right now the story's isn't ready to be written.

I want to add bullies in the stories but what species should I use? Mabey one of the female florges? Sounds like a appropriate opportunity.

But what kind of motives I should give to the bullies?
>>
>>26820973
The motive seems pretty obvious: you're different, so I'll oust you out.

Or bullying being an unknown discovery of falling for someone in that species. I.e why am I picking on this person so much I'm not normally the one to bully or something
>>
>>26821016
I guess I'll make a florges (bully) a character that uses insults

Here's a senerio ITS IN THE WORKS. NOT SURE IF THIS SCENE BE PART OF THE STORY OR BE CUT OUT.
As the bully beaten up the poor male leaving some brusis on his arms, eyes and nose

As the feminin male falls down landed on the grass on his right arm he looked at the heartless pokemon in fear wondering what she would do next.

As the florges (bully) stared at him with a smile on her face. She notice his eye balls were starting to get watery. She started to chuckle.

"Aww...look at him! He's crying!" She said to her goons while pointing at him.

"He's crying that a girl manage to beat up a guy! Aww...poor little guy..." The bully said in a sarcastic sad tone.

She then bring out her vine and whip at the male florges stomach causing him to scream inside his mouth, and his tears started to cascade.

"NO GIRL WANTS A MAN WHO CRIES LIKE A WIMP! ESPECIALLY THAT IS GETTING BEAT UP BY A GIRL!"
screamed at the top of her lungs.
"YOU DONT CALL YOURSELF A MAN WHEN YOU CRY BY SOME GIRL!"

The wicked pokemon whipped the male frequently and harder.
THIS IS JUST A SENERIO EXAMPLE.
>>
>>26821214
>dom Florges whipping
you have my attention.
>>
>>26816400
Dubs confirm the return of the OTP. Or do they?

>>26820730
Were the status quo fixed, I'd be writing for the animation.

>>26820746
Cringeworthy as expressed here, not-this-shit-again as soon as "bully" was mentioned in its replies.

>>26820641
The greater problem is that tags aren't enough to really find what you want. They tell what's "in" a story but not what the story is "about"; like my stories which seem to be about 3k to 180k words too long. You can find Waterlogged by searching Blaziken and getting lucky, but you can't find Waterlogged-like stories with a search term, because there is no convention for tagging according to whatever would be the optimally defined and named categories for concepts like "practical-but-not-real-world take" stories or "explicit but not lewd" or "gives you feels for reals" or "just another Mary Sue's Pokemon Journey".
>>
>>26821405
Umm OK can elaborate on what you mean about the bully part is please?
>>
>>26821499
a couple of threads back (months ago?) there were some people into bullying, ranging from juvenile antics to being mean to being lewd. Had an influx of bully fics during those times. Mixed reception for some of the regulars here. I didn't mind them personally.
>>
>>26821679
Ah! I see.
>>
>>26821679
I'm not to bully fanfic fan to be honest. The stories focused about a male Florges getting shunned by his own species refusing to show any sexual interaction towards him in order to avoid "accusations".

But thank you for elaborating
>>
I'm having a hard time thinking of a opening scene for Male Florges. I thought I should start out a baby (male Flabebe) waking up his eyes for the first time hearing his parents having a concerning conversation with his mom's mom and dad about his gential.

I could've thought of something better. But about your ideas for the opening.
>>
>>26822165
that can work on it's own, but it would depend on which perspective you chose to start the story.

You could try a short dream sequence of him either with his 'beloved' which turns to a nightmare soon after, him waking up at the last moment.

Or dive right in and have the poor soul going through a middle of one of those sessions you made in >>26821214

Either way, if you make some WIP, be sure to post it in a pastebin or other website.
>>
>>26822394
Hmm...
>Dive right in where he gets beat up
Sounds really interesting ill just rewright and and add some tweaks too it. Thanks!
>>
>>26820746
...Where do I begin.

>Being in a 100% species...
If you can explain that somehow...

>...thus being unique for fug...
3.5/10 fug is not really my thing but at least sounds a good opening for a premise

>...yet somehow not getting fug...
...o-kay?

>...because females don't want to can into gay...
Even if there was no sexual dimosphism to so that it can be justified as a class perception issue, don't females love the whole lesbian stuff? For the spectacle, even.

>>26820973
>I want to add bullies
...What's with people and bullies now? What has to happen for someone to be sexually attracted to the concept of being bullied? Do these people even understand what bullying implies?

...What's WRONG with people?
>>
>>26822683
you missed the point here >>26821912
>>
>>26822683
>Do these people even understand what bullying implies?
>...What's WRONG with people?
Progressive USA culture.
>>
>>26822683
>being a nerd through school you tend to get bullied
>nerds view bullying as a sign of affection because thats the closest they will get to physical contact with anyone

i should know, im one of them.
>>
>>26822791

Here is my brief analysis.
>Different strokes for different folks.

In many ways this simple phrase has become a 'catch-all' provision, a motto of sorts, conveniently used to justify that which is less than justifiable.

My personal assessment of the situation is that this is indeed a cultural phenomenon as you have articulated. However, I would also include the caveat of there being the illusion of changing virtues among the youth and that the existence of muddled social values are to blame as well. Verily, youth is oft considered a time for rebellion - of breaking, as it should be. But expanding on the issue at hand I would posit that the acceptance of uncouth behaviors - or dare I say the word - 'tolerance' is likely the problem. Consider that tolerance's prevalence in society also bullies in a sort of way, shutting the door to knee-jerk rebuke and rational discourse, substituting these once very human responses with naught but silence.

But then again I'm just a grumpy writer with an opinion.
>>
So do grass types need to eat or are they fine on just sun and water?
>>
File: 1452390715816-vp.gif (451KB, 203x79px) Image search: [Google]
1452390715816-vp.gif
451KB, 203x79px
>>26823312
Depends. Some like to use photosynthesis more than others. For example, Bulba is a hybrid so he or she likes to eat food to provide additional nutrition for the plant before it opens and becomes more capable of harnessing solar energy.
>>
Someone make a male hydreigon and a fem sylveon do cute things as a couple
>>
File: 1460794429973 (1).png (543KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
1460794429973 (1).png
543KB, 1000x500px
>>26821405
I dunno. I've recently been overcome with a reeling realization that everything I've written over the past year will inevitably fall into obscurity not because of the writing, but because the source material will diminish or be forgotten by media.

I should hope so, though.
>>
>>26824204
Rising and falling with the tide of marketing is the price we pay for launching our ships on its waters.
>>
>>26823312
Depends if you're going for realism. Any creature that moves significantly and often will need more energy than real world photosynthesis can provide., but pokemon as a concept pretty much requires you to ignore thermodynamics.
>>
>>26824273
What if grass types could enter a hibernation type status indefinitely in the face of low food supplies by relying entirely on photosynthesis. Not that something like that pieces thermodynamics back together in any capacity, but it sounds feasible I think.
>>
>>26824470
Rabbits would eat them.
>>
>>26824522
That's probably true. Dunno why rabbits and other herbivores didn't come to mind. Then again, how much of something like a bulbasaur would a rabbit eat anyway? Isn't it partially fleshy? Maybe it would wake up when something starts chowing down on it.
>>
>>26824470
Creatures tend to know how much energy they have left in relative terms. If you need to hibernate you'll know beforehand to look for a secluded place that lends itself for a given time of hibernation.

Since tropism is a thing, hibernating to receive sunlight likely predisposes the organism to look for high places or for ample spaces with rich nutrients in the soil. Of course, that means that before rabbits (aka Nidos), the chiefest concern would be bird Pokémon.
>>
>>26822683
>what's WRONG with people?
Hey man I may have a rape fetish but I don't actually want someone to rape me. It's purely fantasy. Bullying is the same way.
>>
>>26814084
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10847458/1/The-Road-to-Champion
A decent adaptation of the gen 2 game with some fairly significant side plot going on.
>>
>>26826200
unless that is someone's kink
>>
>>26829762
Everything is a kink, anon. Even if it sounds 'too weird' to be a kink.
>>
>>26809984
obligatory overpowered mon must be relevant to either be a huge obstacle or introduce the ultimate plot device
>>
>>26831541
How to avoid this? Should I worry about doing this since it is a trope?
>>
Still my favourite.
http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/The_Genetic_Experiment
>>
>>26832918
not too much, although characters that are this often fall under being one dimensional as the story often only focuses on them being just that, only used for that instance.

Several threads ago there was some talk about one of the villains from Jojo's Bizzare adventures and of how he is the ideal villain because although he is a serial killer and an enemy/obstacle to the MC, his motives does not revolve around him. His ultimate goal is to live and maintain his day to day routine, keeping things in order for as long as he can. Maybe the people who talked about it are still lurking, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
File: 1443523979307.jpg (47KB, 610x344px) Image search: [Google]
1443523979307.jpg
47KB, 610x344px
>>26832936
This is rather enjoyable. I've always had an uncanny interest for fictions involving genetic experiments.

>>26833269
Not privy to that particular conversation concerning Jojo's Bizzare adventures, however I think I understand what you mean. What I aim to do is create better villains, antagonists with real goals and ambitions that go beyond the labels of mere good and evil. It is something I have been working on for a while developing my stories, yet I doubt I have fully mastered it.
>>
>>26833345
What about Artix from Wakfu? He's only trying to revive his dead family and only actively opposes the MC and his merry band when they get in his way.
"F-five minutes! All that Wakfu and only...five minutes!?"
>>
>>26833345
It has been described sometimes that effective, believable villains help materialize the dual elements in a story. The villain is the hero of his own faction / story, in other words - not in the "everyone is the hero of their own life story" sense but rather it is because, down the line, the villain is solving a problem that people have with Nature / Man / The System.
>>
When do we have a new fanfic thread?
>>
>>26835393
Soon™
>>
>>26835393
When the current one gets close to falling off the board after hitting bump limit. Do you not understand how imageboard generals work?
>>
>>26835393
/vp/'s bump limit is 310.
>>
Want to write about a boy and his starter but can't decide who he should start with
>>
>>26837344
Are you using the standard starter pack on most pokemon games or do you want to use someone completely different?
>>
>>26837344
Can you give us some more details? Is it going to be one o the usual starter Pokemon? Where does the boy live? What kind of personality does he have?
>>
>>26837344
Froakie is the correct answer
>>
>>26837477
>>26837492
I was thinking of something other than game starters, maybe Magby
>>
>>26837604
Give him a bro like Timburr.
>>
>>26837604
How is he acquiring this pokemon?
>>
>>26837344
Have you considered a region for where the story to take place?
>>
Did we have general writing advice/tips pastebinned at some point? I don't see any in the catalog. I seem to remember finding a good one at some point, but I'm not sure if it was from the /vpwt/.
>>
>>26840284
A long time ago I wrote this for /vp/ to give some pointers to an anon that I picked up in college, in my readings and in my own writings: http://pastebin.com/E6v4ZEfq

I'll have to update this thing some time I think.
>>
>>26840284
There was one posted from /tg/ about writing porn as well. Can't seem to find it though
>>
>>26837604
Scatterbug is the only sane option.
>>
>>26837732
That is a idea
>>26837742
His sister
>>26840149
Homelo?
>>26843991
It was going to be lewd desu
>>
>>26844197
My point stands~
>>
>>26845496
I'll go for it, that seems like a good team
>>
>>26840357
Oh, that was you who wrote this piece? Could have fooled me
>>
>>26846840
Why's that?
>>
>>26814084
>>26827755
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10694945/1/Titanium is mostly solid, with a couple parts that are ehh.
>>
File: 1357707112456.png (141KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1357707112456.png
141KB, 400x400px
Any fics out there about pic related? Sfw, nothing lewd. I might try my hand at writing a crime short story.
>>
>>26851061
tiff
>>
Boop
>>
>>26840284
In general good advice can be found anywhere. It's coming up with Pokémon-writing-specific advice that's a fair bit harder to come by.
>>
>>26765941
Did anything come out of this?
Thread posts: 284
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.