[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>audio HA: klutz >Durant HA: truant >Ferrothorn HA:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 250px-531Audino.png (54KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-531Audino.png
54KB, 250x250px
>audio HA: klutz
>Durant HA: truant
>Ferrothorn HA: anticipation
>Scrafty HA: intimidate

Why do most gen V mons have shitty hidden abilities? Especially given the fact this was the very same gen they were introduced
>>
Intimidate HA is actually good though
>>
Durant is a worker ant. It's HA is Truant because it's dream is literally to take a day off.

Intimidate isn't a bad ability.
Anticipation isn't too bad of an ability, especially on something with a 4x weakness to a type that has a habit of randomly cropping up as hidden power unexpectedly, it's just that Iron barbs is more consistent and immediately useful.

Fuck Klutz though
>>
>>26702486
It wouldn't be so bad if anticipation was changed back to its pre-nerfed state, where it reduced the damage of the anticipated move by 50%.

Anyway, dream world abilities are what a pokemon dreams to have. Durant wishes it didn't have to work, Scrafty wishes it could be an intimidating gang leader, Ferrothorn wishes it would anticipate the next move, etc.
>>
>>26702553
>It wouldn't be so bad if anticipation was changed back to its pre-nerfed state, where it reduced the damage of the anticipated move by 50%.
What the fuck Anticipate did that? Holy shit that's awesome and unique and they got fucking rid of it? Fuck Gamefreak a rusty rake
>>
>>26702553
Never looked at it that way before, but then.
>Audino wishes to be clumsy
>Gliscor wishes it could suck up poison
>Serperior wishes to be an edgy contrarian

Some dont seem to fit the norm. I guess its just GF going against their own rules like usual
>>
>>26702615
Honestly I think it comes from the fact that that's probably exactly why Durant has Truant. It applies to some but not all but it's easier for people to make sweeping generalizations.
>>
>>26702615
>Serperior looks at Meganium and actually dreams of being good
>>
>>26702486

Intimidate is good as hell son, not sure what you're on about there.

Anticipation just isn't as generally applicable as Iron Barbs, Klutz is pretty garbage undoubtedly.

Truant Durant is pretty bad competitively, but there are entirely post-game Battle Tower/Maison strategies revolving around Truant Durant due to it's ability to fuck the AI. All of the longest proven streaks (in the thousands,) are due to the power of Entrainment Truant Durant, all hail the king.

>>26702553

I really like that "what the pokemon dreams of having" concept. Not sure if that is what GF was going for, but if it was, then what about Magnezone? I'm pretty sure it dreams every day about Levitating, when it's always depicted as floating but still gets 1-shot by Ground moves.
>>
>>26702553
>>26702564
Anticipation never did that. Source: Bulbapedo
>>
>>26702641
>God before you lay me down to sleep give me something so I'm not stuck with that piece of shit, it isn't my fault I'm monograss, please gamefreak
>>
>>26702486
>intimidate
>bad
The only problem with scrafty is that Moxie and Shed Skin are ALSO great abilities. If anything it's only shitty because it's another great thing to choose between
>>
>>26702675
>if I have to be an edgy contrarian to get out that's fine for me, just don't make me have to stay in PU
>>
It's obviously supposed to be a pun on ant. TruAnt.
>>
>>26702655
Intimidate might be good, but compared to scrafty's other abilities its pretty mediocre. Anticipation is much less usefull than iron barbs, and just because its usefull in-game doesn't make it less shit.

There are more examples:
>Stoutland HA: run away
>Musharna HA: telepathy (admitedly not as bad in doubles, it has its niche)
>Lilligant HA: leaf guard
>Krookodile HA: anger point
>>
>>26702831
Intimidate is miles better than moxie and shed skin in VGC.
>>
>>26702615
No, audino wishes it could be Moe as possible, and being clumsy is part of being Moe.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.