[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I will NEVER for the life of me understand why Gen 5 gets the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 15

File: gen 5.png (450KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
gen 5.png
450KB, 600x512px
I will NEVER for the life of me understand why Gen 5 gets the most praise on this board.

>awful starters
>many of the new Pokémon look like cheap knockoffs of older ones
>the pixelated sprites were just a pain to watch
>Best Wishes is the worst saga of the anime ever
>didn't fix anything wrong with Generation IV's metagame, and instead exacerbated some of the problems
>also, the Weather Wars
>had the most transparently linear game progression in the series
>had an extremely boring overworld, which is particularly a huge step down after the visually diverse environments seen in RSE and DPPt (and arguably even a step down from HGSS)
>soundtrack was a step down from the 4th gen
>had downright atrocious level-up learnsets on most Pokémon you can catch as you progress through the story, with all the good TMs hidden away until the postgame
>had some of the latest-evolving Pokémon of any generation, sticking you with crap stats on top of the crap movepools until the final stretch of the story
>characters interrupt your game with long monologues in every damn city, despite having nothing meaningful to say
>plot was a really dumb attempt at deconstructing the relationship between humans and Pokémon, as if the writers just watched Digimon Tamers/Savers for the first time and wanted to do something gritty without understanding what made those stories work
>despite this, it gets tons of praise for being, like, so complex with all this philosophy about truth and ideals, and how about how Ghetsis manipulating N was the deepest, man

BW and B2W2 are both solid games, but the best? Hell no.
>>
You forgot
>MUH PURRLOIN!
and having to wait until you complete the game to get the fucking Thunderbolt TM.
>>
File: 1463443183820.jpg (15KB, 377x366px) Image search: [Google]
1463443183820.jpg
15KB, 377x366px
>>26677691

Top tier bait.
>>
File: 1453931292390.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1453931292390.gif
1MB, 200x150px
>>26677691
This thread again
>>
>>26677691
Here we go again
>>
>>26677691
Do people never get tired of this worn out bait?
>>
File: 1444575005782.gif (45KB, 64x71px) Image search: [Google]
1444575005782.gif
45KB, 64x71px
>>26677691
>awful starters
Objective. I think Hoenn has the most abysmal starters.
This has been a thing since Gen 3. At least Gen 5's actually does interesting and "new" takes on old pokemon, instead of just rehashing the exact same concept.
Nigga what? Pic related.
Trashime has nothing to do with the quality of the games, you autistic child. Stop reaching.
>didn't fix anything wrong with Generation IV's metagame, and instead exacerbated some of the problems
Gen 5 had the best meta to date. inb4 you claim Gen 3 did, in which case, enjoy your ban.
>also, the Weather Wars
every meta is a ____ wars. Nothing new.
Glad to see you've never played a Gen 5 game. There's nothing linear about Gen 5 besides the first three/four towns. If you had actually played the games without needing your hand held like a Gen 3 or 4 or 6 fag, you'd know of all the side quests, off road cities, towns, routes, caves, secret areas, and backtracking.
>had an extremely boring overworld, which is particularly a huge step down after the visually diverse environments seen in RSE and DPPt (and arguably even a step down from HGSS)
Did you seriously just say RSE is visually diverse? Seriously? Are you joking? Every god damn location runs off the same god damn spriteset, holy christ. Talk about nostalgiagoggles.
Wrong in every way, considering how advanced the composition was on Gen 5 compared to the 16-track Gen 4 songs.
>had downright atrocious level-up learnsets
Not really. Provide a strong string of examples for this that isn't just cherrypicking, please.
>had some of the latest-evolving Pokémon of any generation
Aww, cry more. This isn't a flaw other than it offends your autism.
[part 1/2]
>>
>>26677797
Apparently people never get tired of responding to it.
>>
>>26677805
>late evolving pokemon
>"This isn't a flaw"

Not even OP but there's something wrong when you can never use a pokemon ingame because it evolves so late. Volcorona is the biggest offender, even though "Bug pokemon evolve early!"
>>
File: JE024_5.jpg (220KB, 640x480px)
JE024_5.jpg
220KB, 640x480px
>>26677691
I'm hijacking this thread.

What is the best DS pokemon game for an 8 or 9 year old little girl? She can battle pokemon but I'm afraid everything else might be hard for her to understand. I might just get her the cheapest game I could find possibly pearl.
>>
>>26677839
Yes give her anything from d/p/pt. Preferrably Platinum, but any of the 3 is great
>>
>>26677805
While normally I agree with you on late evolving pokemon, trying to get a hydreigon in W took so. fucking. long. fuck that level 64 evolution shit
>>
>>26677866
Thanks dubs.
>>
>>26677805
>characters interrupt your game with long monologues in every damn city
This is a great new meme I've been seeing lately. Literally nobody ever said this before Gen 6. I'm doing a playthrough of Black right now just to see if all these critiques people have been were true, and they're generally not, especially not this one. Most interactions are only a few lines of dialog. If you can't handle smashing the A button for less than 15 seconds, you should just play Showdown or some shit.
>plot was a really dumb attempt at deconstructing the relationship between humans and Pokémon
What's dumb about? Really? What was dumb about it? Or can you just not actually come up with an explanation why? There's nothing dumb about it by Pokemon standards. In fact, it's probably got the most well thought out plot of any Pokemon game (which isn't really saying much, but still). All you do is say "its dumb" and give no explanation why. And thanks for further proving you know nothing about Gen 5. The human/Pokemon relationship plot was for the most part a complete lie used by Team Plasma to influence people, which is actually pretty smart for a Pokemon plot. Much better than M-MUH MONEY and MUH LAND/OCEANS and M-MUH NEW UNIVERSE
>despite this, it gets tons of praise for being, like, so complex with all this philosophy about truth and ideals
Nobody fucking talks about this, what? Do you actually think that's what people love about Gen 5 so much? The truth/ideals thing is just a subplot in regards to the Legendaries.
>Ghetsis manipulating N was the deepest, man
Still a more better character development than any other shit Pokemon story.

>BW and B2W2 are both solid games, but the best? Hell no.
How about you give a long list like you did OP, but as a reason why another Gen is the best. Try not to cherry pick please.

[part 2/2]
>>
>>26677691
>I will NEVER for the life of me understand why Gen 5 gets the most praise on this board.

Really? I normally see it get shit on all the time.
>>
>>26677805
>If you had actually played the games without needing your hand held like a Gen 3 or 4 or 6 fag, you'd know of all the side quests, off road cities, towns, routes, caves, secret areas, and backtracking.
forgot to mention that literally HALF of the entire region is there during post game. That's fucking huge. BW and BW2 have more postgame content than any other gen.

>>26677829
>>26677868
t. fags who rush through the games and don't battle every trainer
>>
>>26677881
The newest meme right now is to pretend that the most hated Gen on /vp/ is the most loved, just because people don't agree with contrarians.
>>
>>26677691
The best part of gen 5 mons is that theyre very westernized and stand out as a generation among the other 5 gens. When you understand that you can apreciate them more.

Secondly late evolving mons with mediocre stats is what this board needs seein as how everyone complains about
>m-muh difficulty
>its too easy
Literally gen 5 is one of the hardest set of games to nuzlocke, especially bw2
>>
>>26677902
Even if you battle every trainer, you're not getting a Volcarona without grinding, and even then it's not happening before the Champion. No fucking way are you getting a Hydreigon either.
>>
>>26677691

Because opinions, now deal with it.
>>
>>26677829
>>26677868
>>26677931
I got a Hydreigon before the last gym, pretty much no grinding except at the beginning of the game. Just use EXP-boosting held items, you lazy shitters.
>>
>>26677881
Hell, if anything, it's gen 4 is the one getting too much praise, I see people sucking its dick and begging for a remake, and I don't really remember being all that good

>>26677902
I didn't rush through the trainers, and that screwed me over since i beat all the trainers in victory road, then caught a denio.
>>
>>26677951
>the last gym
Shit my bad. The E4 is not a gym.
>>
File: bw2screen.jpg (52KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
bw2screen.jpg
52KB, 256x192px
>>26677805
You know full well what he meant by "pixelated sprites". Posting a Whimsicott sprite outside of battle isn't a very good argument against his claim
>>
>>26677951
>>26677962
>if you trade a low level deino and give it a lucky egg and use the massive boost in exp you can maybe get a Hydreigon before the E4

I don't even hate gen 5 but it really did have pokemon that evolved too late.
>>
>>26677966
What's the problem?
>>
>>26677966
The sprites never bothered me that much.

Then again, I don't have autism
>>
>>26677966
>posting low quality artifact jpeg at an increased resolution

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/ says a big HELLO. Gen 5 sprites were great.
>>
>>26677926
>westernized
Literally how? I've seen nothing from the west that matches Pokémon's designs in quality nor style.
Stupid fucking westaboo.
>>
>>26677966
The sprites we got in gen 5 were 50 times better than the models we have now.
>>
File: 1435754089616.jpg (245KB, 658x1266px)
1435754089616.jpg
245KB, 658x1266px
>>26677691
>>26677966
>T-THE SPRITES TRIGGER ME
Like clockwork
>>
half of your complaints are subjective to opinion, and the other half are hardly problems.
>>
>>26677875
Don't give her Diamond nor Pearl, those are slow as fuck. Give her Platinum.
>>
>>26678031
>have trouble understanding other people's feelings
Image also applies to you.
>>
>>26677996
I pulled it off google quickly in order to support the point that in the in-game animated battles, the sprites take on a very rough, pixelated look [due to the way battles are animated]. Even if you don't buy the image I posted, you literally cannot argue that the battles in game have the sprites retain the sharp look of that whimsicott sprite.

Sure, the spritework itself was nice, but the way they were utilized in the games downplays the strength of the spritework because of the way Game Freak decided to set the battles up.
>>
>>26677839
Get her black or white.
>>
>>26678055
No, I understand that you have Asperger's.
>>
>>26678068
>you literally cannot argue that the battles in game have the sprites retain the sharp look of that whimsicott sprite.
Boy, I'm playing Black RIGHT NOW, and the sprites look clear and smooth as fuck. Either stop playing on a stretched 3DS XL screen or stop being a shitty Desmumemulatorfaggot
>>
>>26677691
I don't know if this is bait, but we love these games because it really feels like game freak cared and added so many great small things.
It has hands down the most content and highest leveled trainers outside of Red. Before X and Y it had the best mon variety (lacking in water types, but I chose water starter).

It also has a nice way of balancing (to an extent) Pokemon with their hidden ability (fuck weather)

Really enjoyed the challenge mode and just having the balls of only Pokemon of this region, but they have some of the best designs but absolute garbage staters/rodents/bird/legendaries, but just so many good ones outside of that. The Exp system was an underrated edition, the way of leveling up on high leveled mons being quicker, but lowered level mons giving you less exp was cool. It was just different.

I don't get what people have a problem with linearity, each route was well designed. I know Pokemon is about adventuring but this game was more story based and it had to compensate.

Also the "would you like to use another repel", shiny charm, habitat list, having the first flame body with fly, rustling Pokemon ect.

IMO the sprites weren't half bad, they were really expressive unlike X and Y

I don't know you mean when you say it didn't have a good overworld, it's more urban and opuled city, Castelia, Nimbassa and I fucking loved Chargestone cave. Are all really unique places, not tropical or Arctic it's different.

I hated the locked TM's BW2's slightly better with this, but reusable TM's make the game easier

Season and the world changing was also awesome, but should have been a week

I'm going to have to disagree with you on sound track, outside of the wild Pokemon of course

N using a legendary was pretty cool and Ghetsis really fucked me up, I think it's a better story, but I'm into reading and maybe you're into battling and adventure

TDLR Gen 5 was different and we see GF caring. Something I can't say for ORAS or X and Y
>>
>>26678102
Jesus Christ that was longer than I thought. I still feel like I have so much to say. Like characters progression. Doing a better job of time passing, pokestar studios memory link. It's just I don't know
>>
>>26678100
Last played BW2 on a DSi, buddy. I'll take the loss here though as I'd forgotten that it's pointless to argue with unovabortions as you literally need to have an intellectual disability to enjoy Gen 5.
>>
>gf finally has difficulty levels
>they're locked behind the stupidest fucking system thinkable

It's almost like every time they have a good idea there's some guy that tries his hardest to sabotage it.
>>
>>26678178
I bet you like gen 4 don't you?
>>
>>26678178
>Frustrated to the point of shilling unovabortion meme like the lowest common denominator
Every time. You definitely fit on the Asperger's Symptoms list.

And just so you know, I'm 29 and have been playing since I got Blue for my birthday as a kid.
>>
>>26678102
Nice pasta, also
>43 posts
>17 posters
Every fucking time

>>26677691
Just wait til November.
/vp/ will "suddenly" realize that X/Y were good games and sun/moon will get shit on.
>>
>>26678199
Probably a hoennbaby
>>
>>26678185
That "guy" is Masuda himself.

>>26678178
>REEEEEE IF YOU LIKE THE GEN I DON'T DESPITE THERE BEING A SUBSTANTIALLY LARGE FANBASE BEHIND IT, SOME OF HIGHEST SALES NUMBERS OF ANY POKEMON GAME, AND SOME OF THE MOST CRITICALLY PRAISED REVIEWS OF THE FRANCHISE, YOU HAVE A MENTAL HANDICAP I SERIOUSLY CANNOT BELIEVE IT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>26677691
>BW and B2W2 are both solid games, but the best? Hell no.
Jesus christ, this.
>>
Gen 5 had the worst bad designs of any gen, but also had a lot of great good designs. By which i mean, the bad pokemon were really bad, and the good pokemon were really good.

>>26678229
I shouldn't need an action replay or another cart of the game to just play hard mode. Easy mode being unlockable after beating the game normally is the stupidest thing ever too.
>>
>>26677691
I bet you're a platinumfag, aren't you?
>>
I just restarted Black because I hated it the first time and wanted to give myself another chance at it. So far I'm not really enjoying it that much.

It feels like, at least in the early routes, the pokemon themselves are too low leveled and there are too few trainers. So I'm running into really shitty boring grinding sessions in between getting bombarded by my shitty "rivals"
>>
>>26678259
>worst bad
>great good
someone ban this kid.

>>26678271
im replaying black too, only two badges in, and i don't have any of these issues. the wild pokemon near the second gym were all the same level as the trainers and gym leader, so grinding for me has pretty much never happened. maybe you just catch the shittiest mons.
>>
>>26678215
>pasta?
I fucking just typed that out. Don't just write it off as pasta and ignore it.

X and Y suck because they just play it safe the whole time, they don't do anything different or unique or have reasons to play them over other Pokemon games it feels like. When was the last time you played X and Y? It just feels so empty and there's nothing to explore.

if you need proof GF didn't care look at the Battle Cheateu. The pokemon's movesets are level up moves if you decided to increase or decrease the levels. So Diantha's level 80 mega gardevoir will only know captivate, stored power, hypnosis, and dream eater. Tell me how they put all their effort in these games anon?
>>
>>26677691
>Awful Starters
Box that fucker and get something cool problem solved
Maybe but some like Gigalith are cool looking and the number of homage Pokemon is exaggerated. Love Conks
>the pixelated sprites were a pain to watch
As opposed to sprites are drawn with pen and paper? Or the still pixelated sprites from other gens? Not sure what you mean.
Absolutely true but has no bearing on the games.
Perhaps still better than stall
>also, the Weather Wars
Yeah that shit lame but still better than stall. Also I miss the type gems
What good does hiding linearity do exactly
Say what you will about the routes it has the best caves in the series and the doctors make caves actually fun
This one is purely subjective but you're wrong. Low health FTW
>had downright atrocious level-up learnsets on most Pokémon you can catch as you progress through the story, with all the good TMs hidden away until the postgame
I don't know what pokemon you're catching the starters aren't good but Krookodile and Sigilith are good off the top of my head. It would take a long time to prove this either way
>characters interrupt your game with long monologues in every damn city, despite having nothing meaningful to say
It's more clustered toward the start like every pokemon game. Yeah gen 5 was bad but gen 6 was just as bad or worse without having likable characters to make up for it.
>>
>>26678312
You misunderstand my post. By "worst bad" I mean every gen has bad designs but the bad designs in Unova are among the worst designs in the series, shouldn't need to list names.
>>
>>26678259
I agree on having the worst shitmons, but I mean you can not use them. They have the largest dex, you can avoid using those shitmons, unless your in a nuzlocke or something
>>
>>26677691
I will NEVER for the life of me understand why Gen 5 gets the most hate on this board.

Oh wait, its now the second-newest, which means its cool to hate it. Aka Newfags and underaged kiddies.
Which is it OP? Are you a newfag or underage kiddie?
>>
File: 1459373774444.jpg (49KB, 672x492px) Image search: [Google]
1459373774444.jpg
49KB, 672x492px
>>26677691
Gen 5 is the most vocally hated right below 6

Also here's your (you) for this stale ass bait, use it to buy something fresher
>>
Why every time.
>>
File: 1376784963439.jpg (57KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1376784963439.jpg
57KB, 500x400px
I liked how gen 5, at least BW1, had next to no required hm fuckery. I think you needed Cut all of one time and after that no HM's were required.

>>26678370
I guess, but even ignoring pretty much every legendary, you still have to contend with Detect spam from Watchog/Tranquill all the time.
>>
>>26678416
That is one of my least favorite things about that game to date. Why did they think that was a good idea
>>
>>26678438(me)
Late game is gets much better

But slogs by Skyla cause of the flying gym. What do you think of this post though anon? >>26678102
>>
>>26678438
The games as a whole seem to be in love with the idea that Protect spam=challenge. There's no challenge in an enemy in a single battle spamming Protect when there are no statuses involved. If you're poisoned/burned, it can be a strategy. A pain in the ass one, but still.
>>
>take one step
>wild encounter
>take one more step
>wild encounter
>turn left
>wild encounter
This was the worst shit ever. I can't remember if it was fixed in BW2, but that had the repel prompt anyway. Going through routes and caves in BW is the most tedious shit in the series.
>>
>>26678472
It's not any higher in this game that it was in any other.
>>
Genwars are bad
>>
>>26678483
You forgot your :^) at the end.
>>
>>26678497
they haven't banned you yet?

>>26678498
I was being serious
>>
>>26678515
You forgot it again.
>>
>>26678530
here, let me try-
your joke is funny, and a good counter argument :^)
>>
>>26677691
>awful starters
Granted. Worst of the series so far, though I can't judge Gen7's yet because we don't have confirmed evos.
I can kinda see where you're coming from, but it doesn't bother me and most of my favorite non-Legendaries are Unovan.
And 3D models sounded so much better before we actually saw them. The fact is, unless they were actually going back to the simpler design standards of the Kanto years (and they're not doing that, not while the artists are obsessed with cartoony exaggeration), 3D models of the Pokemon will always look like shit.
>caring about the anime
>also, the Weather Wars
So? Look, if you want a deeply balanced competitive metagame, there has to be better for that than the kid-targeted first-party games on Nintendo handhelds.
That also didn't bother me, because I just kind of accept it as a necessity of trying to tell a story in the JRPG style. I won't deny that it's linear, but the linearity is in service to an attempt to improve.
OK, I'll give you that. As regions go, Hoenn and Sinnoh (and in a different way Johto) had a specific regional direction to them, while Unova was just... Urban. It had a whole bunch of cities and not many other defining traits. I liked the cities, but cities are the skeleton of a region.
Highly subjective, and I disagree, though admittedly Cyrus had better battle music than Ghetsis.
(TBC)
>>
>>26677691
board has a bunch of autistic people on it that like living objects because they're familiar
>>
>>26678553
>jumps straight to 3D models
The Unova sprites looks worse than the PREVIOUS gen, in-game. It's only in their still, unzoomed form (like on Bulbapedia) that they look good.
>>
>worst starters
>saying that when the kalos and sinnoh starters exist
>>
>>26678576
Good starters for each gen
>3
>2
>3
>1
>2
>1
>3
>>
>>26678538
There's nothing to argue. I said something is the case, and you just said "no it isn't". An absurd number of people have noticed it. It is not the same as the other games.
>>
>gen 5 sprites have life to them and have vivid colors
>models have no life and colors are washed out

I thought that technology was suppose to improve.
>>
>>26678576
Torterra is great, and Infernape and Empoleon are inoffensive at worst. Greninja is great, and Chesnaught is alright I guess. Delphox is trash. The only good looking Unova starter is Emboar and that's the one that get shat on the most by actual Unovabortions.
>>26678610
You forgot the terrible sprite stretching animations, and the zoom that made all the sprites look blurry as shit. I'll take faded colors over that any day.
>>
>Pokémon World Tour doesn't even have the Karate King, any of the Elite 4, Heartbreaker Charles, or protagonists/rivals outside of Red and Bluegreen.
>>
I like both parts. Especially the continuation.
>>
The only people who like Gen 5 were around 10 when they played it. They were autistic, thought an """"""epic"""""" plot was cool, and related to N's autism and daddy issues.
>>
>>26678604
>I said something is the case, and you said "no it isn't"
Probably because it isn't the case. Besides, that was another anon. I just didn't like your shit joke.
Give solid proof that the encounter rate is different.
>>
>>26678678
Find me some that it isn't. I can find you plenty of like-minded posts testifying to my claim. If you've looked in the game files and seen that it actually isn't, then show me, because I sure as shit can't do that.
>>
>>26678699
Why would they change it? I certainly doubt they were worried pokemon weren't frequent enough.
The claim was that it was evidently a worse, higher encounter rate, so burden of proof falls on you, assuming you made that post.
>>
They're just DEAD games, with no emotions and all types of emtions trying to make themseleves dramatic and depressing, but in the end they give off no feeling whatsoever due to every emotion being present within themselfs, ike walking on a glass bridge on a full moon night during winter time, DEAD GAME.
>>
>>26678730
>Why would they change it?
I literally have no fucking idea. I'm genuinely not trying to shit on gen 5 or anything, but I'm most of the way through a playthrough and it's absurd how often I'm getting stopped. I've been playing Pokemon for 15 years but this shit is unlike anything else.
>so burden of proof falls on you
There IS no fucking proof, anywhere on the internet. I've tried looking long before this argument just to make sure I wasn't imagining things, and I couldn't find jack shit except hundreds of fucking posts on various websites saying the exact same thing. Boot up Black or White right now and spend a decent amount of time running through grass.
>>
>>26678750
dear fuck, its you again
>>
>>26678773
To clarify, when I say there is no proof, I mean there is no eveidence EITHER WAY because there are no reliable numbers on the encounter rate beyond the base encounter formula which isn't enough information on its own.
>>
>>26677805
>Objective. I think Hoenn has the most abysmal starters.

On top of not knowing what objective means you also have shit taste.
>>
>>26678818
nobody cares hoennshitter
>>
>>26678553
>>26677691
That has a legitimate point as far as team-building, because it theoretically reduces the One Mon To Rule Them All problem, and it's also meant to compensate for making TMs have infinite uses while also trying to have some in-game balance and challenge. Did it succeed? Well, I would have had more trouble on a one-monster run in Unova than I would have had in Sinnoh.
>had some of the latest-evolving Pokémon of any generation, sticking you with crap stats on top of the crap movepools until the final stretch of the story
I'm not going to deny the facts, Pokemon in Unova did tend to evolve late. But I disagree on the opinion level: I like having something to look forward to after the 7th or 8th Gym. I like the feeling of powering up more near the end. There's a reason that anime saves the biggest and most powerful form of the hero for the last arc and the final battle, and it's the feeling of progression.
The constant rival stops are annoying, admittedly. Especially Bianca. But we haven't had a good rival since Silver, so I'm inclined to forgive that as changing times. Other characters, I didn't find annoying.
(TBC)
>>
I liked gen4 and 5 alot, both had own problems.
>>
>>26678773
>>26678792
Understandable, but that's a matter of experience. RNG can get you. As for seeing people with the same issue, a broken wheel is the noisiest. Not many people look for issues they don't have to say "just your imagination, never had this problem.
>>
>>26678829
>>26677691
>plot was a really dumb attempt at deconstructing the relationship between humans and Pokémon, as if the writers just watched Digimon Tamers/Savers for the first time and wanted to do something gritty without understanding what made those stories work
>despite this, it gets tons of praise for being, like, so complex with all this philosophy about truth and ideals, and how about how Ghetsis manipulating N was the deepest, man
And here we get to the big reason that B/W was the best in the franchise: it fucking TRIED. Platinum kinda tried too, for one stretch, but settled back into the same old formula after the Distortion World segment ended. Nothing else has really tried to shake up the formula that much. No other games in the main series have worked so hard to try to focus on their story and working the mythos into it: Gen4 tried to use its mythology, but the Azure Flute was never distributed so nobody reached the actual peak of that mythology without an Action Replay, and the rest, even the Distortion World, boiled down to "bad guy angers god, beat bad guy, catch god". Unova tried to make its mythology part of the story, and it got far enough to make me like it for that.

I kinda wish I could see, if not the main series going in that direction, then at least a spinoff that builds on the foundation laid by B/W. But that's what B/W was: foundation. It was meant to give the same feeling as playing through Gen1 for the first time, with only the new Pokemon focused on in the main story, which would be the perfect way to soft-reboot a franchise that reached its mythological peak the previous generation, or at least refresh one that got stale. It worked for me, because it at least felt like the series had developed some. But they chose to barely mention that they'd built that foundation when they got around to B2/W2, and they discarded it in favor of being complete failures in X/Y, and that more than anything has disappointed me.
>>
>>26678575
I don't remember being put off by the sprites, at least. Maybe it was because I was enjoying myself too much.

>>26678600
More like:
>2
>2
>3
>1
>0
>0
>we'll see when we have confirmed evos
>>
I just want to play through the game with my favorite Pokemon...
>>
>>26677953
People want a remake of 4 because it's original release was ass and poorly optimized. It had potential that could be brought out in a remake. Sadly we can never recapture the Gen 4 online which is the only thing it did better than literally every other gen. Fuck team preview.
>>
>>26677691
>Nitpicks and Shit taste: The Thread

This is how every unovashitter thread goes.
>>
>>26679751
Same for you, genwunners, but you've been out of the picture for so long that you've been reduced to jokes by now.
>>
>>26677691
>awful starters
shit taste
nitpick
nitpick
irrelavent
competitivefagging
>also, the Weather Wars
see above
nitpick
wrong
objectively wrong
nitpick
nitpick
nitpick
better than their past pathetic attempts at a story
nah, it's shit, but see above

You're not even worth the effort of responding seriously.
>>
>>26678947
This is exactly the reason why I enjoyed Gen 5. People like OP seem to want to turn off their brain and play the same repetitive crap again and again.
>>
can you all stop this circle jerk?
>>
>>26677691
>>soundtrack was a step down from the 4th gen

Objectively the best ost in the series. Experimented with quite a lot musical styles and instruments that hadn't been used before, the first gen to experiment with synth voices too. Tons of memorable tracks. Gen IV is second best

Gen VI was a huge step back and I'm still mad. Not only they took away everything Gen IV and Gen V introduced, the tracks are shit, annoying, and forgettable. I can't remember the tune of a single one. I tried to enjoy it but in the end I played most of the game with the sound off.

Worst ost release too, made shittier by the fact that it included the even worse ost from Origin. They went lazy and just copy-pasted the tracks of the game. Gen III and Gen V have the best ost releases, bonus tracks are great.
>>
File: 1464268070680.jpg (36KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
1464268070680.jpg
36KB, 360x500px
>>26677691
>>
>>26679824
Why? so I can go into a thread and have my opinion shat on by 50 different anons which then proceed to turn the thread into a sinnoh circlejerk?
>>
>>26677805
>Trashime has nothing to do with the quality of the games, you autistic child. Stop reaching.
But the XY anime and games are the best ever,so much that they regain pokefans lost during gen V. Coincidence? I THINK NOT
>>
>>26677868
And then the effort goes to waste because fairies fuck them all
>>
>>26678947
Who cares about the game story if the gameplay and the anime's story is pure SHIT? Gen VI inversed that and this is why they're better.
>>
>>26680550
>Gen VI inversed that and this is why they're better
Literally nothing in this statement is right.
>>
Gen 6 is the hated, everybody hate it because mega evolutions and easy
>>
>>26678818
Blaziken is so bad looking that it brings the other two down.
>>
>>26677691
>awful starters
True
But there are awesome ones too. Volcarona and Carracosta are my two favourite Pokémon.
I like them.
The anime is awful since Johto.
>also, the Weather Wars
Only if you care about the metagame.
Well, this isn't true. Specially in B2W2.
I think Unova is one of the most beautiful regions.
Listen to the credits theme of BW.
Not true.
This is not relevant.
True.
They have the best story in a main line Pokémon game. Maybe not a good story if you compare it to other games.
>>
>>26680059
I agree with XY's ost being a huge step down. There's a tune here and there I like but that's far and inbetween.

Seriously tho what even is the gym leader theme? it sounds so out of place it hurts.
>>
>>26677805
>gen 5 had a better soundtrack than gen 4
I will fight this claim. Give me the gen's gems
>>
BW2 is the best Pokemon game and BW1 is the worst so your taste is just shit
>>
>>26681621
Got it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3PvtFVtNhuo Champion theme

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=465uaHc-r6A Route 10

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sjueMDjuqm4
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nX2hOoaLb4Y
Ghetsis Themes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L-6JV-M8oxE
Colress

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BrnRrSpTz20 Himalu city

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vxb2OSUPses Gym variations

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XE6eJrBM-cg This is such as awesome feature
>>
>>26681704
Oh how could I forget, they remix every single gym theme and champion theme
>>
>>26680585
XY has the best Gym Leader theme in my opinion

It does feel out of place for Pokemon , but it's better than the "Sakuraba Tales Of Syndrome" most of the XY soundtrack suffers from
>>
>>26681739
It's alright, but it builds up the beginning for nothing. I've had battles there end in a minute even with no exp share
>>
>>26677691
>subjective
>intentional
>somewhat valid
>ashime
>still had a better meta than gen vi, which attempted to fix problems
>prankster sunny day
>meme
>wrong
>so fucking wrong
>wrong
>oh no! a challenge!
>oh no! a story!
>projecting
>no one claims its deep. it's just new and entertaining.
>>
File: hilberto.png (72KB, 195x196px) Image search: [Google]
hilberto.png
72KB, 195x196px
>>26677805
>>26677876

You're a champion, anon.
>>
>>26681704
Never forget of the "I literally only want to fight you to see if you are getting stronger to help me get muh sister's cat back, but the song is unfittingly powerful" the theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSD7jW1fDks
>>
>>26681963
>but the song is unfittingly powerful

Shut your mouth his theme pumps me up. i can really feel the RAGE being unleashed. Man I hope gen 7 has some great tunes.
>>
>>26677691
Don't forget that it has the worst spin-offs too.

Pokémon Rumble U and PMD Gates to Infinity are the black sheeps in their series. And there wasn't even a Ranger game at all.
>>
File: we came here to laugh at you.jpg (323KB, 802x603px) Image search: [Google]
we came here to laugh at you.jpg
323KB, 802x603px
>Game keeps hitting you over the head with TRUTH or IDEALS

Ignore TRUTH or IDEALS, obtain SUBTILTY.
>>
Go Ichinose wasn't involved with gen 6's music, was he? Probably why it sucked.
>>
>>26681621
>>26681704
>I will fight this claim
Posted 15 mins later

4 hours later nobody came.
Anti-Unova BTFO
>>
>>26682169
wow i cant believe this of all images....
>>
>>26677691
It's a meme anon, Gen V is terrible.
>>
>>26682143
Rumble Blast is the best Rumble too though.

Really Gen V is the generation of extreme highs and lows overall. For everything that was great, there was something horrible.
>>
>>26677691
Simple.
A good deal of us don't agree with your subjective tastes.

I think that covers all of it.
>>
>>26677691
For a number of reasons

1. The majority of the people here are younger than you and have fond memories of playing gen V when they were in elementary school (the last time before they were social outcasts)

2. They have incredibly low attention spans and love the handholding at every point in the game. "here's X pokemon" "here's X item" "here's a way to instantly get from X to X"

3. the game is littered with easy to obtain furbait.
Right from the start you're able to capture and train your furbait. Additionally as you progress, you're given even more furbait.

4. it's super easy to level your pokemon. the way experience functions in this gen is to help your team stay equally leveled. Inevitably it just makes the game incredibly easy.

5. People have an autistic obsession with characters from this gen. the amount of "waifu" or "husbandu" bait in this gen is ridiculous. Fags everywhere have unholy obsessions with N because he has bears resemblance physically and as a character to the characters they admire in animes. overall, they just think he's cool.

Additionally I'm not sure if this is true, but I've noticed that the majority of gen 5 lovers are american. They likely just love the games because they can identify with them in the form of their region.
>>
>>26684136
Yeah this is a pretty accurate list of why shutters could ever enjoy BW1
>>
>>26683991
This.

>>26684136
You took time to type that shit out?

You really wanted it, here (you) go

These games are inbetween the generations that both give you a Lucario
>>
>>26684300
yea man, i took that whole 60 seconds to type that out.
>>
>>26677691
My character gets to go on a date with a cute girl.

Fuck you OP. Best gen.
>>
BW are great, they felt fresh. BW2 are great too, although slightly overrated.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1362x1490px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1362x1490px
>>26677691
>shitting on pokemon designs
A reminder to get a load of this and be grateful for what you have
>>
>>26684556
>doesn't even have the decency to get trips with his shitty meme
Thread posts: 139
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.