[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so i have a shiny scrafty, it's nature isn't great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

so i have a shiny scrafty, it's nature isn't great but i can easily make it work

it's got a naive nature which lowers sp def and heightens speed

so i figured I'd give it 250 in speed, 250 in Attack, and the rest in defense or something like that, I do horde EV training so it works out something like that

Now, for it's nature, I'm gonna run assault vest, and since scrafty is already a nice bulky pokemon with good defenses on both end, I only need to pick some good moves

I figure Knock off for dark stab and removal of items
Dragon tail to force a switch for a bad match up, coverage
Drain punch for recovery + stab

And I'm torn between power up punch and poison jab for fairy types

opinions?
>>
you need a multiple of 4 for EVs to matter.
250 is functionally the same as 248 but wastes EVs, and 252 is the cap in Gen VI.
248 in both would leave you with 12 functional EVs for Defense, 252 in both would leave you with 4. 250 would leave you with 8 for Defense, at no extra benefit to Attack or Speed.
>>
I honestly don't think it makes much sense to run full speed on Scrafty, even if it has naive nature. It'll still be really slow, and I assume you didn't breed dragon dance on so you can't boost up. I'd say still run assault vest, run max hp and attack, and have super fang as your last move. You can take a check down to 50% on the switch, making it much easier for your teammates to eliminate it.
>>
>>26671264
Right, and most hordes with pokerus and power items = 50 evs per horde, so realistically, I probably did like 200 in each and the rest in defense? Either way there's a few wasted EVs but nothing I'll lose sleep over

But I'm torn between Poison Jab and Power up Punch, both the stab moves could use some more punch to them (no pun intended) so a status boost move would be nice, then dragon tail could force a switch before I get locked in to something I can't deal with

Meanwhile Poison jab covers fairies of course and has a chance of getting the status off on bulkier foes while I drain them for my own recovery
>>
>>26671268
Not a bad idea, I have another scrafty I used in BW I can breed for that, is super fang breed only? Gotta love Super fang, I run it on Noivern and Furret

I'm only going for the speed because I found this shiny in the wild while EV training so I'm just working with the nature I have you feel me? Otherwise I'd have DD on it too
>>
bump because I'm indecisive
>>
File: 1462977511865.gif (993KB, 450x243px) Image search: [Google]
1462977511865.gif
993KB, 450x243px
i'd go with poison jab,anon.
>>
>>26671138
i'd say drop dragon tail and pick up both moves and use another poke for stallbreaking using switchouts. i use mandibuzz w roost/toxic/knock off/whirlwind
>>
>>26674346
you think so? i have another scrafty and one of the things I've noticed doing showdown and battle spot is a lot of hydreigons and altarias like to switch into him, I never ran it on him so I figured it would be a good surprise move, but thats why i like power up punch because d-tail is low BP
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.