[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the emissary of the sun >is psychic/steel >mfw What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

File: cover12[1].jpg (288KB, 780x440px) Image search: [Google]
cover12[1].jpg
288KB, 780x440px
>the emissary of the sun
>is psychic/steel
>mfw

What were you doing when gamefreak started to smoke that dank oddish
>>
File: are you simgle, master?.png (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
are you simgle, master?.png
9KB, 300x300px
The sun is not made of fire.
>>
>>26670612
It's a reference to alchemy
>>
>>26670612
Posted before and I'll post it again; the image of "the beast that devours the sun" is a symbol representing alchemy and the purification of metals (Steel typing). The sun is in space, Psychic is just used for "cosmic" Pokémon.
>>
>>26670717
Volcarona the sun pokemon fire type not weak to fire

Yveltal the death itself dark type not weak to dark

It doesn't makes sense and you know fuck of stop sucking Gamefreaks dick faggot
>>
>>26670766
The sun is a star.
The center of a star is a mass of metal under intense heat and pressure. That heat combined with pressure eventually kills the star. It is not made of fucking fire.

So that's why a pokemon literally representing the sun is steel and weak to fire. Because that's what a sun literally it you dumb fucking faggot.
>>
>>26670766
>The sun is made of fire
>The moon is made of dark
>>
>>26670766
>Primal-Groudon the creator the land is weak the Ground.
>Lugia the guardian of the Sea isn't a water type
Don't act like it never happend.
>>
>>26670766

Sunflora the sun pokemon who is grass, weak to fire, wowie who knew right??? an older pokemon thats classified as the sun pokemon thats weak to fire?????

Also
>Espeon the sun pokemon who is psychic
>Volcarona the sun pokemon who is bug/fire

End the "solgaleo should have fire because the sun!!11!1!" meme, not every fucking sun pokemon is gonna be fire type.
And as >>26670717 stated, it should be pretty fucking obvious that psychic pokemon relate to cosmos and space and shit (see: jirachi, deoxys, solrock/lunatone, etc)
>>
>>26670766
>is given a correct response
>DICK RIDER! THE SUN IS MADE OF FIRE! DEATH IS MADE OF DARK! REEEEEEEEE
>>
Maybe they just wanted to do something different.

Also Marshadow is fire/dark so they don't want them to have the same type
>>
>>26670966
It's actually confirmed to be Dark/Ground, friend. Cosmic dust and black holes.
>>
>>26670949
I still get confused about Lugia, it's supposed to be the guardian of the sea and its counterpart is Ho-Oh for crying out loud.
>>
>>26670971
why isn't it Rock then?
>>
>>26670971
>mars
>literally Red Star or Fire Star in Japanese
It's going to be part fire
>>
>>26671101
Just like Solgaleo? :^)
>>
Metal is linked to light in Asian cultures and even if Solgaleo were fire/anything you'd all be crytyping about how boring and predictable it is.

Let this meme die.
>>
File: ssssss.png (126KB, 599x507px) Image search: [Google]
ssssss.png
126KB, 599x507px
>>26670612
new reaction image
>>
>>26670950
>Sunflora
>is a sunflower
>calls it "sun pokemon"
>>
>"buh-but the same isn't literally made of fire!"
Listen up you faggots. This statement holds no weight for two reasons. 1) The fire type is not limited to simply literal fire, it can be for lava, heat, light, the sun, explosives, combusting gas and even oil. See Magcargo, Rotom-Heat, Groudon, Magmortar, Litten, Will-o-wisp etc and 2) Primal Groudon, Volcarona and sunny day empowering fire moves has already established a direct link between fire types and the sun in the pokemon mythos.

If anything, Solgaleo should have been fire/steel, which would make it drastically better both offensively and defensively while deviating away from the glut of psychic legendaries.
>>
>>26671514
So then why isn't it fire type?
>>
Who even cares what type it is? Stop moaning like a bitch.
>>
>>26671522
Probably because they were worried about overlapping with Heatran.
>>
>>26671608
Lunala overlaps with Hoopa as a Psychic/Ghost legendary so why not overlap Solgaleo and Heatran, who hasn't been mentioned much if at all since gen 4.
>>
>>26670612

It's based on a the devourer of the sun that is a lion

Not the sun itself
>>
>>26670934
no, the moon is clouds
>>
>>26670612
psychic is used to represent space
zoids are made out of metal (not fire)

What's the problem here?
>>
>>26670971
More like Psychic/Ground with a Shadow Tag rename for its ability. Psychic to fit with the cosmos, and Ground for dust and black hole gravity.
>>
>>26670612

>ugly moon bat
>psychic and ghost
>not rock
>moon is made out of rock
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Why aren't you 'sperging out about this as well?
>>
The sun has a metal core (steel)
and is held together by a powerful invisible force called gravity (psychic)

get an imagination OP
>>
File: pelor.jpg (46KB, 473x556px) Image search: [Google]
pelor.jpg
46KB, 473x556px
>>26670950
Espeon and Solrock are both sun pokemon, so Sun is more Psychic than Fire.
>>
>>26671759
no cheese type
>>
>>26670717
>Psychic is just used for "cosmic" Pokémon

In other words - there's no legitimate reason it's Psychic.
>>
>>26670620
its made of metal and mind bullets everyone knows this
>>
>B-but the Sun's core is made of metal!!
It's in a fucking plasma state you dense idiots. It doesn't fucking matter if the ions are iron, it doesn't have ANY properties that ordinary iron has when its fucking PLASMA. The Sun is so hot it transcends the state of gas, it's literally 15 MILLION degrees warm. It doesn't fucking matter if it makes sense that it's Steel type or not, as it won't ever make MORE sense than if it was a Fire type. Not all Fire type Pokémon have to do with -literal- fire anyways, just being millions of degrees hot is enough.
>>
>>26671126
If I didn't know Solgaleo's type and I knew that Marshadow wasn't part fire, I would predict Solgaleo being part fire yes.

>>26671395
I like it.

>>26671927
Changing patterns this late in the game could be traumatic for children with autism.
>>
>>26671927
It and Lunala are Psychic because of the third eyes they have on their foreheads: "The "third eye" is referred to as the spiritual eye, the intuitive eye, or the eye of the soul. It is associated with the brow chakra (or Ajna chakra) which facilitates intuition and extra sensory perception. The third eye is depicted on the forehead of Shiva, and is symbolic of the inner eye that sees all things within a cosmic perspective."
>>
>>26671759
Lunala is Ghost because of what it likely symbolizes in terms of alchemy, in alchemy birds in general represent the souls journey to the spirit world or afterlife, meaning that Lunala represents all birds, not just bats.
>>
>>26670979
Lugia isn't really the guardian of the sea, it's just a big powerful thing that fled a burning tower to an underwater cave.
>>
File: slugma.jpg (42KB, 270x320px) Image search: [Google]
slugma.jpg
42KB, 270x320px
>Le sun isn't made of fire xDDdD
Slugma is made of Lava and is still a fire type
eat my shlong tard bois
>>
>>26673243
>he doesn't realize the eyelashes are flames
>>
File: 1456189413322.jpg (54KB, 411x255px) Image search: [Google]
1456189413322.jpg
54KB, 411x255px
>>26674280
>>
>>26670612
It's Steel because Zoids. Duh.
>>
>>26671514
Psychic is the "Cosmic" type though. Starmie, Solrock/Lunatone, Jirachi, Deoxys, Elgyem, Beheeyem, ect.

Fire/anything would literally just be the Pyroar meme. Steel is a way more interesting type for Solgaleo.
>>
File: 762355418723.jpg (44KB, 431x338px) Image search: [Google]
762355418723.jpg
44KB, 431x338px
>MFW this thread trigger /vp/ every single time

Thanks for making me laugh fucking underage faggots
>>
>>26670612

Bout to pick up some of that dank tomorrow.

Will be glad to finally be able to play Pokemon again.Yes I can only play this game while baked.
>>
>>26673243
it's also part rock stupid fuck
>>
>>26671395
>"This is fine."
>>
>>26670971
Source on that?
>>
>>26675632
It's actually not. It becomes part rock as magcargo and it, you know, gets the rock on it.
>>
>>26670612
I don't know how many times the explanation has to be stated before you autists understand this mon's typing.
>>
People who are butthurt that he is not Fire are children that still think Sun is some sort of fucking fireball when it's FUCKING NOT. Sun has nothing to do with fire anyway you fucking retards why do you associate sun with it?! It's a GAS ball not FIRE ball you dumbfuck pick up a book you IDIOT.

As already established, pyschic is used for cosmic shit which Sun fucking is and the pokemon is based on alchemy&metal shit therefore it's steel. FIRE would not make sense because SUN has nothing to do with FIRE you RETARDS. Psychic/Steel makes sense but you guys are RETARDED!!!
>>
Because Steel Psychic is an awful type combination that's why
>>
>>26676462
Holy shit dude, calm down. Reminder you're going apeshit over a children's game.
>>
>>26670612
Its literally just my moms metagros
>>
>>26676462
I don't have a problem with the typing but to say that the sun has nothing to do with fire is very wrong in the context of Pokemon. It's been very clearly established that the sun is associated with fire types. Sunny Day is a fire type move. Solrock learns fire type moves that would otherwise make no sense. Volcarona is a fire type Pokemon. Also, the sun is not a gas ball, it's plasma, when was the last time you picked up a book, 1990?
>>
>>26676371
it still learns rock moves anyway
>>
>>26670910

>A mass of metal
The vast majority of any star's mass is hydrogen and helium plasma.

Sun Pokémon should be fire/water.
>>
>>26676648
And Solrock can learn fire moves
>>
>>26676663
and anyone with a horn can learn a Megahorn etc.
>>
File: SUNORMOON.jpg (51KB, 1091x337px) Image search: [Google]
SUNORMOON.jpg
51KB, 1091x337px
>>26670612
buying Pokemon Dark Souls for sure now
>>
>>26671848
good point.
>>
>>26670612
NOT the emissary of the Sun.
The destroyer of the Sun.
Iron destroys stars.
Do some fuckin' research.
>>
>>26670612
>tfw full metal body primal/mega upgrade allows it to resist fire.
>>
>>26680044
It's referred to as the emissary of the sun. At least read the fucking flavor text before telling other anons to do research.
>>
I still don't get something. Ignoring sun/moon, ignoring that eat sun etc thing...
Why do people think that they ARE the sun and moon? Lunala isn't the fucking moon, there's no reason why it should be a rock type. Solgaleo isn't the sun, there's no reason why it should be fire.
>>
>>26671514
>sunny day
Sunny day japanese name is clear sky that's why it also boost Moonlight.
>>
>>26680074
People have already explained these autists for A THOUSAND TIMES that NO, they're NOT representations of the Sun\Moon.
But people keep doing this shit anyway.
Just point at them and laugh
>>
Either way, hopefully Solgaleo will have access to some good fire moves.

>mfw Solgaleo could potentially run Sunsteel Strike, Swords Dance, Zen Headbutt and Flare Blitz/Sacred Fire
>>
>>26680079
By that logic Sunny Day will boost other moon based moves as well
>>
>>26676462
You're right, although a bit edgy. Just remember it's a children's game. It's ok, just relax man
>>
>>26680079
>implying moons are stars
>>
>>26670934
>The moon is made of dark
You mean, of course
>The moon is made of Evil
>>
For those wondering why Lunala is not dark type, remember dark type in Japan is the evil type
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.