[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be better for a coverage move on Absol, Psycho

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 250px-359Absol.png (42KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-359Absol.png
42KB, 250x250px
What would be better for a coverage move on Absol, Psycho Cut or Play Rough?
>>
>>26670449

Play Rough
>>
>>26670479
this
>>
>>26670449
Well, I think Play Rough is a best coverage but it depends of your team too. And if you're running a Superluck Absol Psycho Cut seems a nice option to bypass defensive boost in enemies with critical hits. That said, my M-Absol uses Play Rough with fantastic results.
>>
>>26670619
>>26670481
>>26670479
K, sounds good. I was debating Psycho Cut's critical rate vs Play Rough's higher base power mainly, but the coverage factor also looks better.

What would be a good third offensive move? Right now I've got Night Slash, Play Rough, and Swords Dance.
>>
>>26670732
sucker punch
>>
>>26670732

Sucker Punch, and replace Night Slash with Knock Off
>>
megahorn if you can breed it

fucking wrecks shop
>>
>>26670732
you're gonna wanna run protect to scout moves and get your speed boost trust me

night slash is worth it for the high crit ratio, the only advantage of knock off is focus sash users, and with the right EVs M-Absol can survive a hit long enough to get its momentum going again
>>
>>26670732
I use Sword Dance, my strategy is encore my oponent in a Dark Type Move (Knock Off Pliss) and then swicht out to Absol and get a +1 due to Justified. Then M-evolve and use Sword Dance. If my opponent didn't see it coming well... probably I gonna defeat half or even its hole team. Said that, Absol is fragile and if your team is not able to create a chance when Absol is able to set up perphaps is not the best option. Superpower seens common but remember the useful Sucker Punch, priority stab is never to be underestimated
>>
>>26670829
>the only advantage of knock off is focus sash users

The Sash still activates against Knock Off, and if they survive, their sash would still be broken anyway, so it doesn't matter
>>
>>26671222
so run sucker punch for priority or imo night slash for the crit rate

M Absol is pretty fast anyway so priority isnt a concern, you should be more worried with damage output against things that resist it or are neutral to it
>>
>>26670813
>look up Megahorn and Play Rough
>nothing that can breed with Absol can also learn both

Fuck. I really don't want to have to split the Fighting and Dark coverage between two moves.
>>
>>26671579
Megahorn...I think I got mine by breeding a scolipede or something

It can get it, I think I have a bunch of rejects with it if you want
>>
>>26671634
then you just have to breed play rough

lmk i'll watch this thread
>>
>>26670732
Ditch Night Slash for Knock Off. Ditch Swords Dance for Sucker Punch. Last move, I would recommend Fire Blast.
>>
>>26671995
verlisify please
>>
>>26671579

You don't have to choose, females can pass on egg moves too
>>
>>26672590
>not BTFOing Ferrocucks
>>
>>26672815
Oh shit, serious? I forgot about that addition to Gen 6.
>>
>>26672884
>>26672815

Even if you couldn't, Absol is Field so (s)he has been able to get any Egg Move you want thanks to some good old Smeargle dicking.
>>
>>26673158
Fuck trying to use Smeargle, a bigger pain than EV training.
>>
>>26670449
Sucker
Ice Beam
Fire Blast
Superpower / Play Rough
>>
>>26673265

Double battles in ORAS or Smeargle FS Safari in XY is what I use to teach it tricks.
>>
>>26672856
true but i would say you'd have to sacrifice a lot of the atk EVs you should be running to make it viable
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.